Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Applesauce & Jujubes At The Cantina

Ah, Tatooine. The cantina here was by far Josh's favorite. Why? Because he knew the owner, he got free drinks here, and it was always a good time. Yknow, when he wasn't having people shoot at him.

Josh made his way into the cantina on the sandy planet. Shooting a nod toward the owner and bartender, he took a seat. @[member="Jak Sandrow"] would be arriving too, they had things to catch up on obviously.

"Evenin" Josh greeted to the bartender. "The usual, if you don't mind" he said.

The bartender smiled and nodded, pouring the Jedi Master, who wasn't clothed in his robes, instead in a dark blue t-shirt and a black leather jacket, with black trackpants and steel toed boots. His lightsaber though, was still clipped to the Master's belt. Both of them.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak walked in, a puff of dust putting a point on his arrival.

Tatooine? Wellll... it was a bittersweet place for him. The hot, dry air did murder to his skin. Then again, just about every spare part in the universe could be found here.

So it was here he had come. For a touch-up to his ship, and a drink with an old friend.

He showed two fingers to the bartender, who nodded and poured him a glass.

Coming up beside Josh, he glanced at his buddy's outfit, and, grinning, commented, "Is the Gorth look in this year at the Academy?" before downing his ale.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"It's more in then being a living vegetable" he snarked with a chuckle as he saw his best friend, or at least the only one left, walk in and immediately jokingly jack at him.

"Good to see you, kiddo. How was prison?" he asked, laughing a bit. "I saw the holovid a few days ago. What did I tell you about the schutta?" he asked, a smirk on the Jedi's face as he drained the drink, ordering another. He raised his mug as it was slid to him.

He looked around at the cantina. A bit emptier then normal but.... Well, it usually filled through the day.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Or you could go with the smuggler digs," he said, straightening his vest.

"Kiddo? Hey, man, I'mma outlive you by a good few hundred years," he said, shoving Josh. "Thankfully, I got a wing to my own. Filled with ysalamiri. They didn't take any chances. And I got out. Admittedly... I got Circe to help... but I left her. We are done," he said, slamming the glass on the bar with finality.

"How you doing, man?" he asked, a note of soberness in his voice. "What with... you know... Saorse and all..."

He laughed and patted Jak on the back. "Congratulations" he said. "Finally, huh? I think we need to take you out scouting for someone nice" he said with a smirk.

"As for outliving...." he began. "Eh, by the way I've gone with the Force, I'll live maybe another hundred years. That's as much as I'd want to live, so I'm fine with that. I've seen enough loved ones die, after a hundred years, I think I can die in peace" he explained. "But nuh uh, smuggler digs? No thanks broseph. Leather and tees are the best you'll get from me that isn't magic ninja monk robes and armor" he said, smirking.

He sighed at the mention of Saoirse. "I'm... Still recovering" he admitted. "Honestly, I think it's time for me to get out of this funk, Jak. I can't just mourn her forever. It's been what, a month and a half now? I need to move on, she wouldn't have wanted me to be like this"

"But for now..." he began. "I'm just going to drink and have a good time"

He raised his glass. "To life, and to you getting out of that prison. And I don't just mean the sith prison you were stuck in" he joked with a laugh.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Actually, man..." Jak said, holding his glass, "I think I already did..."

"I agree. You really need to lighten up. Which means getting you drunk."

"La chiem."

He drank with Josh.

He laughed. "Good luck, guy. My tolerance is good. Getting me drunk will NOT be easy" he said, a smirk crossing his face. "I'll lighten up after a few drinks. I'm already very well there, am I not?" he asked. "Seriously though, don't worry about me. I'll find someone. Maybe one day" he said.

"And.... Did you? Already?" he asked. "When do I get to meet her? Need to make sure it's not another Circe disguise" he said with a laugh.

"Seriously. You keep falling for them"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Amateur," he smirked. "I took nine. And probably could have done thirty."

"Yeah... maybe one day.... unless someone doesn't just waltz through the door, that is."

"Her name's @[member="Emily Vani"]. We're not exactly an item... but... I gotta feelin'," he said, doing a little dance.

"Pfft. I can still keep going" he cracked. "You underestimate me, young one. I can keep ticking after thirty"

He laughed a bit. "Yeah... Like that's going to happen" he snarked. "It seems pretty empty today here" he remarked. "And... You sure?" he asked. "Well, hopefully that good feeling leads somewhere. I just hope I don't steal her from you by accident" he joked with a laugh. "I once did that to a friend by accident, in terms of someone he liked. I wasn't actually trying to attract her, I was just there as a wingman. I was just being me, so he had a bit of comfort and a bit of support. She decided she liked me better, and then I had to tell her I wasn't interested, but my friend was. Needless to say, it didn't end well. A woman can get between friends like THAT" he said, snapping his fingers.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Truth of the ages," he said, gulping another one back.

"So," he said. "You remember how last time didn't work so well, right? Well, this time's gonna be different." He shrugged. "Don't ask me how I know. I just got a gut feeling."

"For me, or for you?" he asked with a laugh, chugging a drink. "Neither of us seem to have much luck with the ladies. Your first one was a cheating plant sith hoe. My first was a cheating Twi'lek hoe. My second was a Miraluka ex sith that was... Well, she was fine... Actually, she was wonderful. I loved her to pieces, she was really good to me, and honestly... I... Was considering proposing in time. Yknow, until her head got chopped off, or whatever the hell happened to her" he said, biting his lip.

"We both just seem to suck with that"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Well, what do you know," he said, grinning. "My current girlfriend - heck, I don't even know if I should call her that... - is Circe's apprentice. Though... we've both come to terms on that; me being her divorcee, her being her apprentice. So I'm hoping this time's a little more permanent. Unless Circe comes swinging a battle mace," he said sardonically.

"Oh Josh. Whatever am I going to do with you," he joked, patting his friend on the shoulder.

Josh stared at Jak for a moment. His expression told of amusement, of bewilderment, an "I can't karking believe it" sort of look.

And then his lips twitched into the biggest grin he had ever given.

Before Jak could reply, Josh burst out into a fit of laughter, grabbing the attention of other patrons as he bashed his fist against the counter, tears dripping down his cheeks as he for the first time laughed as hard as he possibly could.

He fell off the stool, still laughed.

"Oh kark... Oh my force.... Just.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak couldn't help it; Josh had an infectious laugh. Well, to his friends, anyway. Jak joined in, somewhat less heartily, a little comfuzzled.

"What's so funny?" he asked when Josh had lowered his volume - finally.

He stared up at him as he sat up, and laughed again.

"Oh come on, does this not seem funny to you at all?" he asked. "I don't know if it's just the greatest convenience ever, or if you're incredibly stupid and falling for another Circe trick" he said. "And can you REALLY trust her when her master is the Queen Of Manipulation, Kaine Zambrano's Sleeping Buddy, the most untrustworthy shrill that has ever lived? Seriously, I would rather trust a RANCOR over ANYONE associated with Circe" he said, getting up back onto the stool.

"You're walking a bad path, man. AGAIN"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He shook his head. "Josh, if you were there that week, you'd have a completely different attitude. Believe me when I say, before I get into anything serious, I'm going to make sure that there's no chance she's affiliated with Circe."

"And besides. Remember waaaaay back when we trusted a rancor?" He grinned as he remembered the second time he had ever met the now-Master.

He laughed. "Think is, Jak... We didn't trust the Rancor. We cut out it's throat" he corrected, shaking his head. "Juuuuust like we should have done with Circe a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time ago" he said, taking another drink. "Seriously man, we could have made her veggie stew by now if you hadn't trusted her more then you should have" he joked.

"As for your new girlyfriend...." he began. "Gotta be careful. This seems WAY too much to be a coincidence, Jak. And I don't want you getting sucked into another sack of crap"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Donnn't worry, Josh," he said, patting his friend on the back. "I'm going to take it nice and easy-like. Don't you worry about that."

He grinned at the thought of Circe as a stew, then. "Heh."

@

"You said something like that at your wedding. I don't think it went so well" he said with a grin. "Too bad the Jak and Josh from the future didn't show up and tell us what was going to happen. That'd have been an awesome reception"

He scratched his beard.

"Maybe I'd have taken that dance with @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] after all" he joked, laughing.

Jak Sandrow

"That would have been interesting," he agreed.

"And maybe you should have," he teased.

"Though there's nothing to stop you from looking for another," he said, matter-of-factly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom