Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Get Lucky

Coruscant Temple​
Early Evening ​

Arriving onto the planet, Allyson never thought she’d find herself on Coruscant ever again. The war had torn it apart, and the Galactic Alliance had taken the most significant blow they’ve ever felt. Allyson knew the Alliance was underground nowadays, but she had not been able to get in contact with anyone left. Her feet took her quickly to the temple; seeing it rebuilt was mind-boggling. ​

Standing in the archway that leads to the center of the temple, Allyson remembered watching the massive star destroy crashing through the ceiling. A hand instinctively rose to her shoulder and rubbed it, the phantom pain lingering from the old injury. So many lives were lost that day, and there wasn’t anything anyone could do about saving them. Her hand fell, and both found their home in her leather jacket, an old relic of the Jedi. ​

Allyson continued to wander the halls despite her typical dislike for the establishment. It was thanks to a certain Jedi Master that helped her be comfortable. ​

SORRY ITS SHORT ITS BEEN AWHILE

A Light Shining in Darkness
Coruscant was a far cry from Peace - as most habitable places of Peace had become overrun with refugees and all the work that came from it. It wasn’t as though Wyatt didn’t enjoy the charity - but many of the Jedi Order still saw ‘titles’ as something overtly dangerous, or unneeded, forcing most of the work on Wyatt. Luckily, he had used some executive permission to pass the work to other Masters; as some form of hierarchy was important for such things.​
So too came his newly anointed title of ‘Grand Master’, handed to him through emergency powers - something he was sure to gain the ire of other Jedi for.​
The thoughts weighed on him heavily, and he noticed he wasn’t exactly focusing on the book in his lap any longer. Its words had long since become blurs in his peripherals, and his focus had been on anything but - forcing him to concede that the stress of the moment had gotten the better of him. Reading wasn’t for the best right now, and so he set the book aside, wiping some dust off his robes as he walked through the ancient halls of Coruscant’s temple.​
He wasn’t here during its fall - still on a mission of self-exile, forcing another minor rift of guilt on the already straining mentality of the Jedi Master. Were it not for his years of perfecting meditation, he imagined he would’ve long fallen to such stresses. Yet, as his thoughts moved to yet another stressor, he saw a somewhat familiar face - someone he had seen at the meeting over the Bryn’adul.​
Allyson Locke?”, he asked quietly as he approached, a smile adorning him as he wandered closer.​
I apologize, I did some research on those that came to the meeting. I hope you don’t mind.”, he offered, trying to apologize for the somewhat intrusion of privacy - but quickly tried to move past it.​
I’m Wyatt Morga, Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Its… a pleasure to meet you.”​

Allyson had fully expected the newly minted Grandmaster to be the type to look her up before meeting her. When a new face arrives, it's only the smart thing to do, especially after the betrayal of one they thought was on their side. Nodding her head, she agreed and showed that there were no ill feelings after the invasion of her privacy. After being with the SIS for so long, Allyson forgot what it was like to have any privacy.

“It happens. Nice to meet you, Grandmaster. Well officially meet you, I feel as if everything happened so fast in the meeting, I didn’t get to introduce myself.” Getting a hint that he felt uncomfortable about revealing his snooping, the Corellian jested, “But I didn’t have to do anything. You already know everything about me, for the most part, I’m assuming.”

She was curious, “So what did my files say about me?” Allyson figured it was mostly good since she was good friends with the former Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi. Yet, she wanted to know if what she had done while with the SIS and the Rogue Squadron had made it in there as well. If the incidents of her capture and torture, along with her ‘explosive’ record in space station infiltration, were the highlight of the files.

A sheepish smile spread across her face as she sighed. “You don’t have to go into any detail, of course, but it feels weird knowing that you know so much about me - and I know so little about you.”

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt had the slightest blush to his cheeks at the small jests at his snooping - but luckily, he didn’t actually snoop much farther than knowing who each of them were. Convenience’s sake, it allowed him to be more cordial meeting them, less to do with finding secret invaders coming to the planet on some ‘Sith Mission’. He chuckled and shook his head as he leaned against a nearby table.​
Oddly enough, I know you were a Jedi Shadow, and you’re good with ships. Thats… about it.”, he said with a quick brush of his hair from his face.​
I didn’t want to pry - specifically to avoid… this.”, he said with a glance to his feet.​
But, if you’d like to know; I’m, again, Wyatt Morga. Morellian. 160 years young. Enjoy meditation, and training jedi.”, he said with a smile.​
Good with a lightsaber, not so good at anything else. Being a Jedi is about the only thing I’m good at, and not even that good if you ask other Jedi.”, he laughed.​

Allyson nodded, impressed with the knowledge he was able to uncover on her. She had assumed her service record with the Silver Jedi’s Shadow division had been sealed and locked away even destroyed. Still, it was a gentle reminder that she still existed. In her case with the SIS, her life labeled as someone who didn’t survive most of her suicide missions.​

“Morellian. Sounds close to Corellian - so we’re guaranteed to get along.” Smiling, she nudged the Jedi Master out of habit, one she picked up hanging around a certain Echani Jedi for most of her time. The Echani spoke in physical touch, nudges, and the like spoke louder than words. Realizing that she might have overstepped her boundaries, the Corellian stepped back and rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.​

“Sorry about that. One of my best friends is Echani, and yeah - a habit.” Trying to find some way to stray off this awkwardness, Allyson remembered not knowing much about the newly rebuilt temple. “Care to show me around? The last time I saw this place, it was rubble.”​

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Last edited:
The nudge was simple, and Wyatt didn’t seem to react to it much - until Allyson made it the temporary focus of the conversation. Wyatt had been around the galaxy for more than a century and a half - he had seen physical communication in more than a few ways, and a nudge wasn’t high on his list of ‘uncomfortable gestures’ he had put on him before, recalling a not to pleasant experience with a planet of tribals who communicated only through smells.​
Smells he could still feel burning his nose.​
Trust me, it isn’t nearly as big of an issue as you might think.”, he said with a quiet relief she hadn’t tried to communicate through the same stench.​
Come, Master Locke.”, Wyatt said with a motion of his head - turning to walk towards the deeper belly of the new Coruscanti Temple.​
I helped guide their construction on this - and did all I could to make sure it fit how it once was. You’ll probably recognize more than you think.”, he mused as they began to take large, decorate steps into the lower levels - where she would soon recognize as one of the wings for the Great Library.​
What brings you back? If I can ask, I mean.”, he quickly interjected into his possibly intrusive question.​

The nudge wasn’t a big deal, and Allyson wondered if Master Morga was polite. It seemed to be engrained in his personality to be so. The Corellian woman felt out of place near him because he thought to be what the ideal Jedi would be. Wyatt Morga was the perfect individual to usher in the Jedi to a new age. Yet here was Allyson, claiming to be a Jedi, even a Master, and she followed her own set of ethics and missions. ​

Ignoring her internal strife, Allyson nodded. “Just Allyson is fine. Hearing my name with Master tied to it still weirds me out.” Allyson followed with her hands in her jacket’s pockets, eyes glancing around recognizing bits and pieces of the former temple within the new. It brought a smile to her face while she remembered memories of a better time. “I do, it is pretty amazing how well you were able to get the temple so similar.” ​

Allyson paused at Wyatt’s question; she shrugged continued to smile. “I haven’t been in the core in some time. I heard good things, such as the Jedi getting back on their feet, the First Order collapsing, and a new Grandmaster I needed to meet.” The last bit was Allyson showing a little bit of charm to the stiff Jedi. ​

“I’m just looking for a place to call home. Something familiar, you ever feel that way, Master Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga ?”​

f8512c0cefe720df71916d458ca19754cd40f6f4.gifv

Wyatt seemed to think on her question for a second before nodding slowly, soft blue light in his eyes returning when he smiled back to her;​
Often, Allyson.”​
Their tour took them past multiple groups of training padawans - some looking at holobooks, others at small Jedi Compass looking over known information passed through the force from Peace. Wyatt glanced to them momentarily before glancing back to Allyson -​
Slowly, the Jedi are getting back on their feet, though we’ve hit bumps in what ‘identity’ people believe they are. Silvers have been strong proponents of that, while some in the Outer Rim prefer a decentralized approach to protect their regions. The Core has been unified by our Order - but alas, the Jedi still have much to do, and long to go before we were what we were once.”, he sighed.​
At the very least, the Sith are embroiled in a civil war. That gives us at least some hope.”​

Listening to Wyatt, Allyson found herself settling into peace. Never did she think she would ever find herself in a Jedi temple, finding tranquility and worry about the state of the Jedi. As they passed the youth of the temple, Allyson realized while watching the students; she knew what they were doing. Somewhat impressed with herself, she looked back over towards Wyatt, who seemed to at that moment, also look at her.

Nodding, Allyson looked back towards the training padawans, focusing on them. They were the future, and they were growing up at least with war only as a story. "I think now, in a twisted sort of way - it's been the most peaceful that I can remember." She waved her hand as she spoke, "I don't think any of us know what peace or hope feels like anymore. Seeing the padawans remind me of when I was their age." Allyson wasn't ancient, but she felt it - years of fighting since she was old enough to hold a blaster.

"Everyone has their own opinion of a Jedi, what makes a Jedi and who should be a Jedi. I hate that type of narrow-minded thinking. To them, I shouldn't be a Jedi - but here I am." Sighing softly, "I was with the Silvers after the Alliance lost Coruscant. They were different compared to Starchaser and the Jedi that followed him. Every Jedi is different - we need to stop trying to confirm the others into a central idea."

Looking back towards Wyatt, "Our job is to make sure that the universe is peaceful for the future generations. They shouldn't have to know the life that we are living in. They should be able to grow old and learn about the Force, not use it as a weapon."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

He offered a gentle smile to her - reassuring in its nature, wisened by its years, and the ever so soft markings of age wrinkled at the corner of his lips. Eyes of azure twinkled for a moment, and he nodded as he spoke -​
You’re right - but our separation coincided well with the rise of a powerful and stable Sith Government.”, he said, somewhat quietly as they stopped moving for the moment.​
I hate to think that separate as we are, we are weaker for it - and that’s given the Sith more than enough time to empower themselves. Still…”, he eventually sighed as his gaze moved further down the hall.​
... Unification may not be something done by me, but it will be something I support. In time, I hope it happens; but until the rough, headstrong nature of the Jedi Leadership - Cedric, Elise, even myself - change, I don’t see it happening soon.”, Wyatt ended with a shake of his head.​
Disheartening, but what are dreams if you achieve them.”, he laughed - though it carried a slight sadness with it.​
Wyatt wasn’t used to this much attention - this much focus on him. He had spent years hiding out in the wilds, away from all this; only to come back when the Force asked him to. Yet it seemed he had misstepped - and that weighed heavy on his shoulders. She could see it in his walk, subtle as it were, and when he began walking again - she would see even more.​
As though it were a heavy limp from a duel.​
But I agree. Future generations shouldn’t have to see what we’ve seen - do what we must do. It’s nice to have another Master here - even if you don’t claim the title.”, he said with a quiet smile to her.​

Listening to Wyatt, Allyson realized that nothing had changed since her leaving. Was it foolish of her to assume that things would have gotten better? Possibly, but that's what happened when thinking positively and hoping that the sacrifices you made were for the better. She couldn't help feel defeated; the Sith were always going to be there, attempting to tear down their door. It seemed like war would be something that every generation was going to feel and have to participate in.

Allyson did her best to try and hide her displeasure at hearing that things weren't as beautiful as she had hoped they would be. They started to walk again; she watched his body language and did her best to smile. The man carried a weight that was too heavy for his shoulders, and she recognized the gravity of responsibility that pressed down on her dearest of friends. To be a Grandmaster, to have the hopes and dreams of everyone around you thrust upon your shoulders - no one should have that much responsibility. Yet, here they were.

Knowing that she could be overstepping her boundary, Allyson remained at Wyatt's side and placed a hand on his arm. A silence fell between them as she avoided his gaze for that moment. "I guess it's time I stop running from what I am and accept it. I've let others carry the weight of what's happening for far too long." Patting his arm, she offered support.

"I won't be going anywhere for some time. My place is here, to help as a Master. Please let me know how I can help you, Master Morga." Lips curling to a smile as she faced him, he was slightly taller than her, so she had to look up at him. Green eyes scanned his features, and she sighed, seeing the wear and tear of his position on his face.

"Just trust me, okay?"

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt almost hesitated at her touch, though he didn’t stop moving. More a chill ran up his spine as he remembered that exact movement, exact phrase come so many times before. Even as he glanced to Allyson, a thin, flat line to split his lips - he could see her.​
Just trust me, okay?”, his wife had once said to him, to calm his rampant nerves. Her blonde hair flowed with an almost unnatural grace - likely emboldened by the nostalgia of it.​
How idyllic he once was, how juvenile.​
He offered Allyson a smile, and a touch of sadness in his eyes, as he came back to the present. A quiet nod, and he continued forward. Always forward - with only a few words to offer back to her.​
I do.”, something he had told his wife nigh on a century before, for Allyson now.​
In time, I hope more will see what we’re doing. Join us for our moxy, our progress…”, he sighed.​
But for now, we need passion. I appreciate your offer, Ma-... Allyson. More than you know.”​

Allyson smiled, seeing that he agreed to trust her on the matter. Her smile lingered and told a different story. The way he looked at her, his eyes showed that he had other things on his mind - possibly something or someone else. She had seen that look before, upon the faces of many - maybe she just had that face, one that reminded people of others. Still, she smiled at the man, the grandmaster with the mission.

She pulled away from him and fixed her hair from her face, and nodded. "It's going to be an uphill struggle, Mr. Grandmaster." Despite pulling away, she patted his arm again, trying to comfort him from something whatever it could be that he was feeling.

"Should we continue the tour, I'd like to know more of what your plans for the future are." Again, she smiled brightly at him.

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt returned her gentle, reassuring nature - adjusting himself to walk once more.​
Of course.”, he offered the Jedi, even if she didn’t’ claim the title.​
Currently, I suppose, I hope to strengthen The Jedi Order. Through that cohesion and strength, I hope others will flock to our cause - giving us merit for what we hope to do, and through that the other Orders join us in turn.”, he said with a hand waving about, as though to emphasize his points.​
In the meantime, I’d like to take a more proactive front against both the Bryn’adul and Sith Empire - even the First Order and Eternal Empire, should they rear their heads.”, he said, glancing up as though they were physical enemies that stood before him. He didn’t hesitate, however, and continued forward.​
Keep an eye on the Confederacy, eventually keep tabs on more autonomous unaffiliated Sith outside the Empire, and help encourage the slowly growing strength of the Republic. In time, I hope for those without force sensitivity to have a military strong enough to protect themselves, without Jedi Guidance. Its a matter of time, I suppose.”​

The plan for the future was something she probably could have figured out from their earlier conversation. There was so much that they needed to do and so little time. It was crazy to her, seeing the Bryn’adul and the Sith gain so much ground while the Jedi struggled to do so. Even the Alliance had issues when it came to winning territories.

Arms folded in front of her chest as she thought about everything. For as long as she could remember, the Jedi had always been fragmented. Everyone wanted to follow their thought process of a Jedi. Wyatt had a hard road ahead of him. Still, she decided she would walk by his side and help. She didn’t understand why she made such a choice, his dreams, and his goals funnily aligned with hers.

“The Sith are sent to ruin themselves when I think about it. From my survey runs into their territory - they’re going to continue their civil war till they’re all dead. I would keep an eye on them, but there are bigger targets to worry about.” Allyson bit her lower lip and thought hard.

“The Bryn’adul. They’re an issue. They, not only slaughter any planet they take hold of - they completely terraform it.” Her memories of the planet her and Jyoti had explored, “The planet had no life to it. Wyatt,” She stopped using titles, seeing that she wanted to gain familiarity with him somehow. “The force felt like it had abandoned the world. I could still use the force, but the land and everything there felt so lost and dead.” Sighing, she shook her head, “They’re the threat to this galaxy - not the Sith or the broken alliances of the Jedi.”

“If we don’t stop the Bryn’adul, there won’t be any future for any of us.” Pausing, she looked down. “It terrifies me.”

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Terror is… tough.”, he said idly as they walked on, stopping only as she did.​
The Bryn’adul are a problem. For what its worth, I set Master Quill to help the issue as the organizer of the Jedi Order’s force - albeit, meager as they are.”, he said with a frown, glancing about that the he may have required more assistance than Wyatt had initially given. Many of the Jedi were more focused on that independence, so Wyatt had assumed it would be better that way.​
Perhaps not.​
They are a major threat, but if you think they are the apex danger to the galaxy at current…”, he said with a softer sigh than before.​
Then I suppose we should be more proactive in our efforts to curb their expansion. I’ve foughten with them before - is there anything about them you can tell me? If its at all possible, I would see myself interjected in the situation; but I need to know more about them than the cursory fight I had with their leader.”, he frowned.​

Allyson pondered everything that Wyatt was saying. It was essential to be proactive, but with what she had seen, she wondered if that was the wisest choice for the situation. They didn't know much, except for some people who have faced the Bryn'adul before. Yet that was a personal experience and had weight. Allyson was uncomfortable, she felt the need for more information, but it felt nearly impossible for her to be able to get the information she needed. Sighing softly, she nodded.

"Let me see if I remember." She moved ahead of him slightly and waved for him to follow her. If he had designed the layout of the temple just like it used to be, she would easily be able to find the small office that she had many meetings before the fall of the Alliance before. Rounding a corner, she pushed open the door and smiled. When Wyatt had followed her in, she closed and locked the door. "I don't trust everyone, especially with the information I collected."

The desk in the room had a glass top; the aesthetic of the Jedi was beneficial for the small device she was going to use to show Wyatt what she had seen the planetside. Allyson stood at the desk, a little glow to her hand, the device embedded into her hand had its settings changed with a wave of her fingers. Palm side down on the desk, a projection of what was on the device showed. Allyson flicked through the images she had taken with her HUD lenses and explained briefly.

"My companion and I - Jyoti Nooran had taken it upon ourselves to check out one of the homeworlds that the Bryn'adul had taken over." She paused as the images were now on rotation. "They destroy the worlds - checking samples; nothing can grow after they do what they do. Their expansion and their ways remind me of the Vong in a sense." The Corellian remembered briefly some of the One Sith having the traits of the Vong. "If they're like that, well, it's only going to get worse."

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Wyatt followed Allyson until she locked the door to a yet vacant office - furnished with the bare minimum necessary to serve as an ‘office’ for those who required it. He glanced about it before finding a seat against the desk - only half-sitting as he furrowed his brow and crossed his arms; watching as she brought out a small hologram device that cycled through images she had taken.​
The worlds were indeed transformed, careless terraforming into haphazard biotech that left nothing to inhabit the world but Bryn’adul. He sighed at the images, knowing the destruction they have caused was indeed greater than the Sith in the short term; but perhaps only half as dangerous. He wouldn’t say it now, but the Bryn’adul was a machine that would die on its own expansion, as all expanding empires were - but the Sith were endless.​
They’ve likely taken much from the Vong, built on their power. All they lack is the naval tech - but it is still as dangerous as ever.”, he sighed as he watched the images roll past.​
Have you noticed any weaknesses among them? Something that could be capitalized upon?”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom