Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gentlemen, a word

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Lucien Cordel"] @[member="Darth Arcis"] @[member="Shado"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Eldoc Quasat"] @[member="Valik"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"]
The Coldharbor was not, officially, a Fringe vessel. It was, instead, a wandering safe haven of sorts for Darksiders of all kinds, its ports of call passed on by word of mouth. In a conference room overlooking the promenade of Coldharbor Street down the ship's central axis, a masked Ashin -- her Force presence detectable but unrecognizable -- waited for the core elements of the Fringe. They all knew who they were meeting, of course.

Aboard the Chimaera
Flanking the Coldharbor, Unknown Space

For some godforsaken random reason King Arcis was here. Well, he knew some other bigshots from his old home, the Fringe, were also coming along yet he'd yet to see any arrive other than himself. Perhaps they were already on the Coldharbor, maybe not. Arcis mentally shrugged, not really caring about their whereabouts before concreting his mind to go ahead and shuttle on over to the vessel.

Within minutes, he and a little guard of Massassi warriors were sent over to dock in the Coldharbor's main hangar bay. Maybe something strange was afoot...

Lucien stepped into the conference room "My Lady" He said with a curt bow. Lucien considered himself above the majority of those he met. The Grand admiral was not one of those people, When she called one answered. He had made preparations to leave as soon as the message was delivered. He had left his assistant outside he had a feeling that the matters discussed in this meeting were off the record and well his staff had begun to become restless. He walked over and looked down at the promenade. He was quite impressed.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

The masked Ashin rose from her place at the head of the table. "Governor Cordel, a pleasure as always. Thank you for joining me." She gestured to the vacant chairs. "Punctual as ever, and your reward is your pick of the seats. I'm informed King Arcis has just landed, and will be joining us shortly."

The conference room had enough room for a few of @[member="Darth Arcis"]' Massassi bodyguards, but then again he'd only brought a few, and they fit in well enough. "Your Majesty," said Ashin, "welcome aboard the Coldharbor. Thank you for coming on such short notice. I have...some relatively important things to discuss with you, and with the other current and former leaders of the Fringe Confederation. Please, have a seat. Refreshments will be served soon, and I'm hoping the rest of our guests will be as punctual as the two of you. I'm also hoping that you two will help me keep order. After the business I'd like to discuss with all of you, someone else wishes to present an idea to us, an individual that some of us have called an enemy in the past."

Spencer moved heeding the summons, she disregarded the urge that others accompany her. She knew who she was meeting and had a good feeling what it was all about. Wearing her typical garbs of a lost Jedi, the woman known as Yun-Harla or Sanctuary entered the room. Her foot steps quiet as she nodded to those that had arrived, a raised eyebrow of course towards @[member="Darth Arcis"] and his Massassi bodyguards. Guess some people couldn't travel light. Sighing softly she took a seat and remained silent.

Her mind quickly locking up pushing everyone in the room out.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Aboard the Coldharbor
Conference Room

The King and his pair of guards bowed in unison upon @[member="Ashin Varanin"]'s greeting. "It's my pleasure, Grand Admiral." He deepened his gestured with a little formality and slowly rose. "Yes, I understand the importance of things and you're not one to waste time or resources." The King offered a slight chuckle, a stray hand rising to stroke a tendril upon his cheek. Arcis gave another slight bow before taking a seat near Ashin's end of the table and raised an open hand to signal his aides. "You pair are dismissed. Please send for one of my aides to take your place. Ensure he has proper documentation." The Sith ordered.
"Your will be done, my sire."

And with that, the pair departed back to the shuttle and relayed the orders as they were given. The armed and armored Massassi warriors were replaced by an intelligent and regal looking Kissai carrying a datapad. The aide gave a bow to his King, "My liege." And took a place standing rearward of the room, his fingers ready to record official documentation for later governmental issues that Arcis would deem necessary.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ashin threw a grin to her wife as Spencer Jacobs entered the meeting room. Sounds of bargaining filtered up through the window, from the ship's open-air bazaar.

"@[member="Darth Arcis"], you've certainly done well for yourself. And reinvented yourself, it seems, in ways that suit you. The privileges and tasks of power. We've always worked well together, Arcis. You're one of the few people whose agenda I'd trust for a closer working relationship. I've been hoping to talk with you about making the sort of agreement with the Arcian Star Kingdom that we have with, for example, the Rakatan Infinite Empire. Less so, perhaps. We arguably own the Infinite Empire, regardless of Shinju's station, but they do fill the sort of client-state-slash-good-neighbour role that I envision for your regime, if you're amenable. You know what we can offer our friends. No pressure." She shrugged. "But we should most certainly talk about what we can do for each other."

Lucien turned from the window and moved over to the chair to Ashin's Left "Thank you" He said taking his seat, Then came someone he didn't know He stood up and offered a small bow "Your Majesty, I do not believe that we have previously met I am Lucien Cordel". Had he have known that King Arcis was in fact his former student Dranok Lussk he never would have been so polite. He was about to sit down when in walked Lady Yun-harla he had found himself bowing more now than ever before "My Lady" He said with a smile, then sat down.

He spoke into the mind of his assistant "You can come in I need you to take notes, You are to bow to the three occupants in the room in the following order: The grand admiral, The Lady Yun-Harla and finally the Sith King, the take your place at my left side" A few moments later Lucien's assistant entered whilst she she was following his instructions he introduced her "My apologies this is my assistant she was just inquiring about a few things for me"

Eldoc was at a bit of a loss on how he had managed to get here. Having sent his apprentice's on field trips had bought him time. He smiled at the sight of the one and only person who had his respect. He smirked at the sight of her. "Hello my lady, It has been too long" He said as he aknowleged her. He trusted her in a way no one else had his trust. The fact was he was here because she had asked him to be. He took a seat with a smile, pulling out a flask and raising it to the others. before taking a swig. He loved his drink he thought as he chuckled. This was going to be a very interesting meeting.

Lord Ghoul

L
The conference room doors slid open again. Mikhail Shorn entered, recently recovered from his fight with Jacen Cavill, where he had had half of his face and one ear torn off. A few weeks in a bacta tank had repaired everything, along with a regrown ear, so that the damage was almost imperceptible. He wore his usual dismissive apparel of a leather jacket and pants, showing contempt for any semblance of prestige this meeting was supposed to have. With the loss of the Soulsaber on Coruscant, some would think him weaker.

They would be wrong.

The Thronebreaker smiled disingenuously as piercingly pale eyes fell on the occupants of the room.

"Two fallen Emperors, an exiled Sith, a disenfranchised fence-sitter, and, if rumors are to be believed, a backstabbing Lady of the Fringe." His eyes turned to @[member="Ashin Varanin"]. "What is this, your new rehab group?"

This little party was just starting as even more of the guests arrived. Yun-Harla was already here, to which Arcis gave a polite nod in her direction as a greeting. The King didn't feel too much love emanating from her, so he decided to keep the pleasantries to a minimum. The next person to enter was his old master, @[member="Lucien Cordel"], to which he had to restrain himself from bursting with laughter upon his greeting and lack of Force Sense to detect his identity. Though he had a new, stronger body, he was still very much the same Dranok Lussk that had been trained in his name and went on to lead the Empire. "Greetings, Mister Cordel, it's quite the pleasure to meet you." A light grin permeated his features, maybe he'd mess with the Sith Master for a bit.

And then someone else he'd encountered in the past entered. The not-so good looking @[member="Mikhail Shorn"] and his fresh, hip battle scars. King Arcis had an even harder time repressing his urge to call out and counter Shorn's words, and he failed. "Ah, what a pleasure, Shorn." He chuckled. "A rehab group? I prefer to call it Workaholics Anonymous. Anonymous...isn't that right, Mister Cordel?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Thank you all for coming. I asked you to join me here because you gentlemen comprise the only people alive that I genuinely trust. At one point or another, I've helped train all of you, or you've helped me and my wife in the manner of a friend. Some of you have negative hiatory with each other, but my hope is that I'll present the kind of opportunity and request that will get you all to help me regardless of your differences. The situation offfers and requires that much.

"We've all watched the Republic mobilize. Some of us were at Metalorn or Contruum. We know it's only a matter of time until we areall on their list of actve targets. Now, we can all handle our own affairs, stay two steps ahead of these monocular fanatics, but we are capable of more. This room holds more true Masters than the Jedi Council can boast, or the Sith Empire. We in this room have the power to change everything. It's too late to break them at Nar Shaddaa, but they can only sustain this rate of neoconservative expansion for one or two more major invasions. Which is why I feel strongly that they will try an Omega Protectorate proxy war on the Fringe Confederation. And soon.

"I offer nothing; I would never insult my friends by trying to buy their aid like Omega's aid has always needed to be bought. I offer nothing but the satisfaction of victory over all that is judgmental and condescending, everything that hates you and I because of our ideologies and because of their own fear. Words can't express how much I hate the Republic I served as a naive young Knight. They have betrayed every ideal of order, justice, and minding one's own business.

"When they come for my worlds I will break them. I want my friends with me when tthey do."

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail snorted. "Friends? I'm not your friend. When you look at me you see a nice, shiny tool that you want to have. That's what you see us all as, because that's who you are: a manipulator. Republic, Empire, Fringe?" He waved a hand. "They're all the same. Scared of the Republic? Good. You should be. Maybe it's what you deserve. You gave me a position, then took it back, and gave me some rudimentary training. I don't owe you anything. If I help, it won't be for you."

"Have fun with your slumber party." With that he promptly strode out of the meeting. He'd seen everything he needed to see.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The door slammed shut behind him with unusual force.

"Well, I've never been that good a judge of character," Ashin said, deadpan. "Revisionist history's a bad colour on him, but if it's this season's black, that door can open again. Or are you with me, gentlemen?"

"If anyone else asked me that, I would laugh in their face, but I have trusted you since those many moments on countless worlds, where we fought side by side. Count anyone who comes to our worlds broken" He said with a smirk, it would be good to get in on it again. He loved a good fight and this would be a good fight. After all the Empress never did anything in half measures. He might not be that active in the fringe, but then again that had suited him. He enjoyed not having attention, it let him pick up three unique apprentices, who he couldn't wait to throw against the republic. After all he had found combat was where all the fun happened.
@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Yes, yes of course. tell me ... friend where is it that you are king of?" He said in reply to the red being that called himself a king. He seem familier but Luxien couldn't tell why.

Lucien smiled at the admiral "I am with you always My lady" He wanted power and that could only come from the hand of one. That one was the grand admiral he expected that one day he would be rewarded, however for that to happen he must first pay his dues.

Matreya

Shado needed not add his own vote to the count, for she knew her Hand would be ready. Instead the Supreme Lord of Valhalla stood nearby hidden in the murky shadows, simply as an agent to his friend. When his Master spoke, Zaiden smiled, "Eldoc, it will be good to have you fight at my side again. I've missed battling near my real Master." He said, and though his words were heard by all they were carried on the wings of the force. None would locate the Master until he wished it.

@[member="Eldoc Quasat"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom