Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Genetic Perfection

61437460c3d2048d8836729daa9bf7f3.gif

Velran stood on the balcony proudly observing the Eggtroopers below. It was a large parade ground, hundreds of Clones cladded in modified, dark armor complete with Magnetic Seals and DC-15A Blaster Rifles. They were marching, performing drills in formation with absolute precision, the clones were doing what they were trained, what they were born to do. In just a couple of months, Velran had secretly produced a Clone Army ready to fight at moment's notice. Well of course Akiya Orime Akiya Orime helped..... only a little, Velran was the one who was the brains of the operation. And why wouldn't he be? Velran had to get creative considering his personal Empire was in trouble, his entire Stormtrooper corp left the city of New Alderaan and were now taking refuge in the city of Rycus located in the grassy plains.

The thought of the Stormtroopers just squatting there irritated Velran to no end. He had to rely on his Imperial Soldiers to keep the peace, but they were nothing but famers with pitchforks. Most of them were conscripts who attempted to flee after the Empire collapsed but a couple executions to the innocent and guilty alike erased thoughts of treachery. But It would be a manner of time before THEY become traitors and as powerful as the Eggtroopers are, they were still too few in number. Just then, Velran's Holotransmitter began to beep. Frowning, Velran pulled out his Holotransmitter and image of Dr. Zoax Tentoria appeared. "Hey..... my main man! What's up Doc?!" Velran chuckled leaning on the railing. "You got my order ready?"

"Indeed I have," Zoax said. "She's ready to go! Just need your final approval!"

"Fantastic!" Velran said. "And the Akiya said that it couldn't be done! Tell her that her dinner tonight will be a Porg food and my 5 month old sandwich with my used sock as a napkin!"

"Very well," Zoax said as his image dissipated.

"Soon....." Velran said. "I'll crush the rebellion and then I'll crush the Empire of the Lost! Oh I'm feeling ALIVE!"

Velran then entered the coordinates for his Imperial Knight: Alaan. "Hey Alaan?" Velran said as the image of Alaan appeared.

"Yes Admiral?" Alaan said politely.

"MORE COFFEE!" Velran yelled. "I'm going to the cloning facility right now and I expect a cup of coffee in my ship!"

Die Shize Die Shize

She had been up for some minutes. She had heard a surgeon complain of being up for some hours.
Hours… Hours… Hours… She tasted the word inside her mind on repeat. I must…have...a…hot...shower…
“Finally,” a doctor clicked her teeth. “The subject is awake.” Not quite, gazing through those lidded eyes.
The ‘subject’ struggled to blink, never mind see, but could hear more clearly. Music… It was music all right.

“...Where…” She licked her lips. There was moisture on her tongue but she craved some water.
“Where are you?” Harrumphed the other woman amid the hooray of a parade from the speakers.
From that viewscreen, even, but The Subject strained to see it. “You are in a medical bay, little girl.”
Girl… Words and thoughts unfurl in her head, but were harder to mix with spit. Alone in the world...

“No…” The girl confessed. “Where…where…are…”
Beneath her back, she felt fabric, and a firm surface.
She gradually opened her eyes to a room. It was dark.
No. There were lights. It was just a girl’s waking vision.

“Speak, my lady, and be heard... Ugh. This chick.”
“Give her a minute. She’s adjusting.”
An assistant.
Two voices, then, within the lab and within a void.
No…three…I have a voice… I am…therefore I…think.

The Subject, the girl, looked side to side, and down.
There on that med bed, naked, except for her gown.
She curled her fingers out and in, her toes in and out.
She breathed steady, blinking, and she looked around.

“Where…are…my…my...m-muffins?”

Docs exchanged looks. “The kriff?”
“I’m hungry…thirsty…coffee…ooo…”
No response. “Gimme…my fumoffu…”

Velran Kilran Velran Kilran

3D-Proteus-fantasy-video-cinematic-animation-thumb-592x444.jpg

By the time Velran's transport arrived at the underground cloning site located miles away from cities of New Alderaan, he already finished 4 cups of coffee. "So good," Velran muttered to himself drinking the last bits of coffee and looked out in the window. Though Akiya Orime Akiya Orime was creating the Jango Fett clones by the hundreds, what she didn't know was that Velran constructed at cloning facility that was created for further experimentations on the cloning process.

The good doctor wondered where all of the failed clones went to surprised that Velran didn't kill them. In truth, even though the defects were utter failures as soldiers, that didn't mean they no longer served a purpose. Through examining what went wrong with the failed clones, Velran can then fix the cloning process. The defects though will be still used in battle, but they'll be...... different and more docile this time. As Velran descended the ramp of his transport, Zoax awaited him looking disheveled as always. Velran liked Zoax, he was the former head researcher of genetics at New Alderaan when Velran found him, he was rotting in a cell for being caught performing unethical experiments such as performing vivisections on unwilling patients. According to Zoax, he wanted to discover the secrets of life no matter what the cost.

"Doctor!" Velran said rubbing his hands eagerly. "Don't keep me suspense! I've made you my head scientist for this facility for a reason!"

"I know you're man who wants results!" Zoax said smiling. "I think you'll love this clone! I've made several alterations as you requested."

"Fantastic!" Velran giggled like a schoolgirl who found out that her crush noticed her. "I trust that Akiya's clone template served your needs?"

"I must say," Zoax replied beginning to walk towards the entrance of the lab. "Mrs Orime's template has yielded fruitful results. How did you convince her to relinquish multiple clone strands?"

"I didn't," Velran laughed. "I just extracted what I needed saying that I was testing her for diseases. She may have helped create my Clone Army but she's on need to no basis when it comes to these babies being produced. The laboratory was massive, dimly lit, and had many concrete chambers that housed specimens some were labeled Project X, others were labeled Bioweapons 90. Velran placed his hands behind his back beaming at the work being produced. Already, Eggtroopers were guarding the place and Droids were maintaining the experiments.

"Clever sir," Zoax mentioned. "But you'll love this clone of Akiya. I've altered her genetics so she can age much slower than the average human. In other words, she may have the body of an 18-year-old, but she will maintain the youth for I estimate about 40-50 years before she starts aging."

"HA! And Akiya said it couldn't be done!" Velran snorted. That's what I hate about her! She's so closed minded."

"Which is why you should've left me to do the cloning process sir," Zoax replied. "As brilliant as Mrs. Orime, she is hampered by morals."

"But she approaches the Cloning process with precision and grace needed for my army to work," Velran growled. "Something you kept messing up at."

"It's.... what you need to do to understand life," Zoax said. "The Bioweapons are going along quite nicely I might add. Soon you'll have metahumans fighting for you. But in any case, the Clone is capable of acrobatic feats that can rival Jedi, she is capable of thinking creatively but is still fiercely loyal to you. She does not have an implant placed inside her for I wanted her to have some control over her approach to scenarios. But rest assured, she will die for you."

"Don't like the idea of not having control," Velran said his tone of voice starting to become hollow. "I had no control over the Empire's collapse, but I'll see if she is loyal. If not, it's on your ass."

Zoax gulped as they approached the lab room where the subject was being held. "I take pride in my work," Zoax protested. "I'm not like Akiya! I'm an artist! Science is a way to guide people to the truth! But in any case......"

The arrived at the small room two doctors working on the little girl in the medical gown. Velran smiled giddy at seeing the clone skipped towards the medical bed pushing one of the doctors away. "MY BABY!" Velran said.

"Admiral Kilran!" Zoax announced with pride. "Meet Subject Zero aka: Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran ."

The very moment that she blinked was the moment her eyes were open in another second.
What that meant, well, it was hard to tell. Maybe she had fallen asleep in her very heartbeat.
When she awoke, she lifted her head, saw those same two faces—that woman and that man.
She knew what they were, though she did not know who they were. How did she know that?

How did she know anything? She didn’t even know her own name. She didn’t know today.
If it is…Thursday… A dry tongue slid over her lips, craving nourishment. Then…can I play?
No, not play. Thursday might just mean she gets to eat blueberry muffins or cheesecake.
Thoughts were fragments in her mind, like glass shards, like fractured, shattered blades.

Who…am…I..? The door gave way. She lifted her gaze. Eyes into eyes.
The pair of doctors, surgeons, scientists, whatever, whoever, step aside.
One was shoved aside, more like, by one of two men that had stepped in.
“MY BABY!” He cried. Suddenly it dawned on her that she had his attention.

Baby… She blinked. Me..? The man had a mustache. The other man had glasses.
She looked between either man, taking in their faces, rotating wrists, hands in.
Out. Feet out. In. Fingers and toes curling like a baby. Subject Zero. On repeat.
Subject. Zero. SUBJECT. Zero. Subject. ZERO. Suddenly it hurt her just to think.

“Who…” She looked from Glasses to Mustache. “....Who are you?”
She waited to hear an answer but didn’t wait to glimpse the lips.
Instead she turned her head, spotting all the medical equipment.
Doctors watching her like she’s just some baby, some specimen.

“I’m…I'm hungry…thirsty.”
But no injections please.
“Am I…am I…am I...alive..?”
Eyes into eyes. “Who am I?”

"Who am I?" Velran pointed to himself his moustache twitching when he smiled. "I'm your Master, the one you must serve and obey at all times. I'm the top banana, the head honcho, the brains of this operation!"

Velran held his hands in the air while Zoax and the other Doctors stood at Velran awkwardly. "But my name is Admiral Velran Kilran descendant of Rycus Kilran, Commander of the 300th Eggfleet, the Emperor of New Alderaan and my personal favorite: The Butcher of New Alderaan!"

He chuckled at that response. "And yes, you are alive!" He whispered in her ear. "Because I demanded that you live Subject Zero. You are the embodiment of months of experimenting and tinkering."

Zoax nodded. "Sir, I think you should allow Subject Zero to take it all in, there's a chance that she'll become insane like the rest of the failed experiments."

"SHHH!" Velran growled before turning his gaze towards Subject Zero. "Now Subject Zero," he said. "You are the Snake to my Mongoose, or the Mongoose to my Snake in any case that's good!"

"Um sir," Zoax piped in. "Mongoose and Snakes are the polar opposites of one another in fact-"

"BE QUIET!" Velran bellowed. "I'm in the middle of my Coffee fueled sermon! MAN! Why must everyone disturb while I'm making proses here?!"

"Ummm sorry," Zoax said sheepishly. "I'll be quiet."

"Now then!" Velran grabbed the Subject by her shoulders. "You are created to be superior than the Clones around you Subject Zero." he said. "For you are The Viper, a leader of troops, an assassin, an elite unit all on your own. Someone truly special."

Akiya was a fool to doubt what Velran can do and Subject Zero was proof of her stupidity. "Now get up!" Velran demanded. "On your feet soldier!"

"WAIT!" Zoax said. "You can't! She just got out of her tube! She needs time to get used to her surroundings!"

"That won't be necessary! She is the first Clone created to be perfect!" Velran said letting go of Subject Zero. "Now rise! You are the Viper the extension of my will! You are like me...... perfect in every way now get up! Show these idiots how wrong they are!"

Velran stood hands behind his back standing tall, standing proud. He knew that Subject Zero will obey his first command.

Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran

I am…alive… It was an answer to her second question, if not really an answer for that matter.
Who…am I..? The man with the mustache had answered her first question earlier as to them.
To him. Who he was. He said he was a banana, brains, that she must serve, obey, her master.
Master… The word settled well with her. She did not know why. Am I…alive? Maybe still dead.

Admiral…Velran…Kilran. She did not recognize the name. She did yet recognize all three words.
Not a first name, middle name and surname. Rather, a title, a first name, surname, each in turn.
So she had intelligence, wits, some semblance of knowledge amid her deliverance, amid birth.
Commander. Eggfleet. “Mmmmm…” She mumbled. Eggs…so…hungry… Alongside a girl’s thirst.

Butcher. Yes. She could be served far worse. A butcher, chef, someone to serve her bacon.
And eggs. Sausage and toast. Coffee. Definitely. Waffles. Pancakes. Maybe. Subject…Zero…
Was that her name? It sounded so…scientific. So empty. So vague. Naked. A girl awakened.
Admiral Velran Kilran leaned in closer, toward her ear, and whispered. His breath is so close.

He spoke of a girl being the embodiment of an experiment. Embodiment. In her head. A body.
She had that, yes. She had hair on her head that a hand felt like the fabric on her bed. Empty.
Soft, feathery. Fingers roam down gown toward a bare leg, skin smooth. Snake to mongoose.
Master bellows. His voice echoes in her head. Mentioned coffee. Glasses. Apology. Fumoffu.

Suddenly, something touched her. Hands. They were not her own. Yet she is too weak to plead.
Too weak to resist. Can only lie on that bed. Quiet as a kitten. Lithe. Petite. His hands squeeze.
Flesh and bone beneath. Mine. Her own. I am alive. He spoke. Elite. Assassin. All on my own.
A leader of troops. A unit. The Viper… She breathed. Sighed. Eyes into eyes. Special? Am I?

A viper was a snake. She knew that from her dreams. Yes. Her memories and her teachings.
‘Get up!’ Her master commanded. ‘On your feet, soldier!’ He demanded. B-But…I’m sleepy…
Hungry. Thirsty. Glasses interjects amid Velran. O be betwixt buffalo. Yummy Twix. Majesty…
She blinks herself out of nonexistence. Would she sleep in noncompliance? I am…so free…

Freedom didn't mean doing whatever you wanted. Freedom meant choosing to be restricted.
‘Rise!’ His voice in her mind. ‘Perfect’. I am alive. Specimen. Yet she’s not a failed experiment.
“M-Master…” She whispered. “V-Viper…” She spoke clearer. “Am I…I am…an…an…assassin.”
Was she perfect? That was a best guess. Yet she was certain. “I am alive. I rise…A weapon...”

So Subject Zero rose. No. The Viper did, from the hollow skin she was in.
She lifted her chin. Breathed deep as determination. Rising chest. Breasts.
There’s a shell on her person. That would not do. She climbed out of bed.
Movements composed. Bare feet on cold floor. Ignores it. Looking at him.

At master. There is no grin. Only her silent countenance.
Brown eyes. Around five feet in height. And no grimace.
Black hair. Tan skin. Sheds the gown. Now she’s naked.
“Cover up!” Said Dr. Woman. Viper answered. “Quiet.”

"That's not possible," Koax and the other Doctors looked at Subject Zero flabbergasted that she was to get up with relative ease. "Her muscles have atrophied," Koax said his tone of voice quivering. "She needed more rest to build them up!"

"I've ran your tests Doc!" Velran said. "And did some number crunching, If there's one thing I've learned from you scientists is that you always underestimate the limitations of science. It unlocks a world of possibilities and can provide tools that can push species above and beyond. Yet you are too blind by theory and what's possible."

"But sir," Koax spoke up. "Subject Zero is only a month old! Her body is still getting used to augmentations and the genetic modifications!"

"You said that she was ready!" Velran retorted his sunken eyes focusing on Zoax. "I've done my own research while you were busy tinkering with live subjects. Subject Zero has been growing beyond your expectations, but she has met mine and is right on schedule!"

He gave a chortle seeing Subject Zero growling at the female Doctor to be quiet when she demanded her to cover up. She's showing aggression! How delightful! Forget meeting Velran's expectations, so far Subject Zero is exceeding them. "That was the most precious thing you've ever said!" Velran said sounding like he was going to cry. "Not even five minutes and you've wormed your way into my heart! You are truly perfect Subject Zero I've made you that way!"

Velran held his arms up. "Come to your Daddy!" Velran said his starting to sting with tears.

R.e6509140484f92da581c3290c7371c7f

"I want you to give you a hug for being so perfect!" Zoax stared at Velran as if he just saw a ghost. "Sir surely we can test the weapon," he mumbled.

"We will! I have a gift for Subject Zero if she completes the trials!" Velran said before turning to Subject Zero. "Now after we hug Subject Zero, will you be ready for some horrible tests that could end in your death?"

He then saw the Doctors still shocked at her nakedness before sighing. "But before we hug, I need you to put your cloth on because these peasants are horrified." Velran said before once again holding his arms up.

Subject Zero. Subject Zero... Was that her name? Was that all they could call this girl?
This girl, this woman, this baby, this something from the grave, from a timeless world.
The child looked between the men and women in the room. Master looks ready to cry.
The woman who the girl had quieted looked her in the eyes like she wanted her to die.

Try it. Subject did not look away from the doctor. The doctor did, as if suddenly afraid.
Zero observed Master as he observed her in turn. His arms up. Hard to contemplate.
Does he…want a…hug..? His child gazed back all the while, tilting her head, curious.
He called his experiment perfect. Not even five minutes. Worm. Heart. Life. Death…

Death, Master had said. Admiral Velran Kilran. He was her creator. He was also her master.
Was he…more than that..? He had called himself her daddy. Was he her dad? My…father..?
He stood there with his arms up, as if begging to be hugged, spoke of what is to be done.
Of what was to come. Zero looked around again. Naked. Just her skin and flesh. “No gown.”

She would not put that garment back on. Glasses snapped his fingers just then. “Clothes.”
One of his assistants opened a locker. Pulled out an outfit. He cautiously handed it to Zero.
She accepted, said nothing, offered no hint of any emotion on her visage. Then got dressed.
Black leather from toes to fingers, lined in white and centered in the chest. Hood for her head.

Lowered, yet. The outfit was form-fitting. It would suffice. Glasses—Zoax—looks satisfied.
“I am…” The child trailed off, searching for words, for answers, to questions yet unknown.
“...Zero.” That name would suffice. Though, strangely, it did not satisfy the same Subject.
“I am ready, Master.” She is hungry. Thirsty. But no room for muffins or mufo. She steps.

Forward toward Master. Closer.
She reached him. She leaned in.
Rests head at crook of his neck.
Wraps her arms around his back.
“I am ready to serve you...Father.”
And I'm ready to discover answers.

Subject Zero may have Akiya Orime Akiya Orime genes but she definitely had Velran's personality and ambition. She just had it, that commanding aura that made people turn their heads and say: She's in charge. When Subject Zero embraced Velran, he felt something that he never thought he would feel in his life. His began to experience a warmth in his heart and it was immediately followed by a fuzziness in his stomach. Warm and fuzzy feelings so that's what it feels like? Subject Zero calling him father solidified that feeling of bliss not euphoria, not even happiness, but blissful..... familial love.

"I..... am proud to be your Daddy," Velran felt his lower lip tremble ignoring the shocked looks of Zoax and the Doctor. "And your Master as well! But you need to prove your worth Subject Zero!"

He turned to Zoax. "Get the clone troopers ready!" He ordered. "Tell them to wait for me at the VR training room!"

"But sir!" Zoax protested. "Subject zero has yet to eat and-"

"I WILL TAKE CARE OF SUBJECT ZERO!" Velran yelled. "Do as your told!"

Zoax gave a bow and immediately left the room, the other doctors following him. "People!" Verlan muttered letting go Subject Zero. "I want you to take a look at people like him. All he does, whine and complain instead of doing what they are told."

He motioned Subject Zero to follow him. "Come!" Velran said smiling at Subject Zero. "I'm sure time in that tube made you hungry! I got some Bacon and Eggs with your name on them! So let's eat!"

Proud… That one word rang loud in her head. Echoed. A sentiment she might have ignored.
And she did, in a sense. Yet, for a moment, she denied her very self, closing her very eyelids.
Daddy… Father, in the same definition. No longer naked. Toes in boots on a cold metal floor.
Prove your worth. Master told her. Tasked her. Commanded her. She was his. So she listened.

Zoax, the man in glasses, had actually tried to plead the girl’s case that she was hungry. Thirsty.
Oh, she could eat and she could drink. Yet, in her father’s embrace, he assured her she was ready.
Okay… Zero thought silently. I will wait. Father broke away. His daughter did not blink a tired eye.
She complied. Did not whine. She would do as she was told. Nourishment can wait. She will fight.

Then, all of a sudden, father beckoned daughter to follow him, and mentioned bacon and eggs.
“B-Bacon..?” Zero could not help but lick her lips, her stomach growling. She looked right—left.
Was he serious? Do you mean it? He did. So she followed him while one woman scowled at her.
“Shit....” The doctor muttered under her breath. It wasn’t unheard. Zero hissed. “Wait your turn.”

It was a promise. For now, Master, Father, had promised his follower, daughter, something else.
Mess hall, or wherever Father called for nourishment, Zero ate and drank, under hunger’s spell.
Thirsty, coffee and water did her good, washing down morsels of bacon, eggs, sausage, toast.
Waffle and pancakes, and hello baked beans. Mushrooms? Yes please. Ham and banana both.

Finished after being famished, Zero offered a burp and wasn’t that much embarrassed about it.
“Th-...” She hesitated, sitting across from her maker. “Thank…you…” Was appreciation expected?
She felt a pang of fear. That female doctor back in the medbay, she was nothing. This is different.
To displease Father, well, some sense of dread washed over her. Am I…am I to now be…punished..?

She hoped not. However, whatever awaited her, Zero would accept her fate.
“Test me, Father.” She would interject. “Send me to the slaughter. I will train.”
She nodded with promise. “I will slay. I will take my enemies. They will break.”
She finished her coffee. Black and bittersweet. “Send me. Show me the way.”

Though there was a part of Velran that screamed that Subject Zero could be flawed and may have to go to the reject pile. Yet another part of Velran ignored the warnings, she IS perfect. The way she carried herself, how she was determined to obey him and how she was willing to kill anyone who gets in his way of galactic dominance. "Your time for slaughter will come," Velran said beginning to walk to the hallways. "In fact, it'll come sooner than you think but for now, we'll need to regain your strength."

After about an a few minutes of walking, they arrived at the mess hall. A large metal room but with a table filled with food. Waffles, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, and syrup lay in front of Subject Zero. As well as a jug of water. "Eat and drink your fill!" Velran announced. "I'll need you at full capacity for the tests!

She did as she was so bidden. Instructed. She would regain her strength. She would eat and drink.
Then would come the tests. The training. So that she could prove her worth. And become better.
To be sent to her enemies. To claim their lives. Unless they’re droids. They will still be destroyed.
Zero scooped up a forkful of hashbrowns, smothered, covered, cheese crisscrossed, hot sauce.

Plate after plate was lined up on the tabletop. A whole coffee pot that Father also poured from.
He otherwise seemed more interested in watching his daughter eat than joining her in this feast.
Zero did not mind his observations. Her master could do whatever he wanted. When he pleased.
When Admiral Velran Kilran looked at her, it wasn’t like those doctors did. It was as if it was…love.

Love. She knew of the emotion. The concept. It was a part of her creation. Yet she did not feel it.
Hate. Much the same. Went hand in hand. She gazed into his eyes, wiped crumbs from her lips.
“Father…” She tried to find her manner, certain to address this man as more than mere ‘Master’.
Drizzling blueberry syrup on a pancake, breaking her gaze, then back. “What is…my purpose..?”

She knew she was a clone. Had not even yet asked of her mother.
She knew she exists to serve. Created for whatever is her mission.
Any assignment or task. To steal or kill. Whatever it is. Didn’t matter.
I exist to serve. But to what end? “Where will you take your creation?”

"Your purpose?" Velran sat in front of Subject Zero taking a piece of toast and placing it on his plate. "Is to pass me butter." He pointed Subject Zero to the stick of butter that was placed in front of her. He wanted to continue to test Subject Zero's loyalty to him. She was unique in that unlike all of the Clones that were created, Subject Zero did not have an implant placed inside of her brain. Velran wanted special clones who are elite soldiers produced through mechanical and biological augmentations. The process was long and arduous with hundreds of Clones experimented on but Subject Zero was a breakthrough.

"But all in seriousness," Velran chuckled. "You are created to serve me, you are going to be the best of all of the soldiers manufactured here."

Velran's thin lips curled into a smirk. "You are built for combat and raised for war." He said. "Wherever I go, you will follow and you will lead my soldiers to victory. You will kill my enemies without hesitation nor mercy and will kill any of my people who display any traitorous intentions."

Pass the butter. Zero didn't need to think about her order. She slid the stick over from her to him.
Did not blink. Did not flinch. So simple was her movement, not necessarily quick, but no hesitation.
The more she watched her master’s hazel eyes, the more she listened to him, the more she grasped.
The more she understood her purpose before he'd even mentioned it. I am his daughter. It’s who I am.

The doctors had mentioned that she was still adjusting from coming out of that tank. Out of her womb.
She had awoken an empty shell, traces of more than one personality permeating her brain. Then whole.
No, not quite. Zero’s gaze is vacant, face is void of expression. Her voice is quiet, plain. Gentle though.
Perhaps one day she would have a name. Make a name. One that Father would be proud of. A...soul…

She blinked those thoughts away, taking a knife and fork to the steak on her plate. I was created to serve.
She repeats. Neither pleased nor displeased. It was simply so. It is known. Yet her master spoke further.
The best. I am going to be the best. She slipped that morsel of meat between her teeth. Medium rare...
Mixed with eggs. Washed with coffee. She ate hearty. Combat. War. Can make a weapon of her chair.

“Wherever you go, Father,” Zero nodded. “I will follow.” And it will be so.
“I will lead your soldiers to victory.” Knife slices steak. “Kill your enemies.”
Red sauce dripping. “Without mercy. They will bleed. For you, Father…”
Chewed. Swallowed. It is known. She was his. “For I am your daughter.”

She suddenly remembered that one doctor.
"Another question, Father, if it pleases you."
Swapped her steak with this blueberry muffin.
"Can I start with that doctor I told to be quiet?"

The more Subject Zero talked, the more excited Velran was to test her potential. She was indeed the perfect clone, made in a few months with major alterations to the cloning process, plus augmentations that’ll make her faster and stronger than the average person. More importantly though, Subject Zero was fiercely loyal to Velran and pledged that she will kill his enemies. It was nice to hear but words were just empty promises. Velran really wanted to test Subject Zeros limits and see if she is worthy to be his daughter that she kept saying.

“No,” Velran said seeing this as an opportunity to test her loyalty. “Oh Doctor Janice is like many other doctors here specifically Akiya Orime Akiya Orime ,” Velran leaned in and whispered in Subject Zeros ear. Akiya was the “willing” clone template for Subject Zero something that she was aware of during her flash training. Velran wanted to plant the seeds of disdain into Subject Zeros for if they ever meet, she’ll just as ruthless with Akiya than Velran.

“Spare her she’s still useful,” Velran began to chew on his buttered toast. “How many Doctors can make a killer Pumpkin Spice Latte afterall?!”

He still needed to test her psyche, see if everything checks out. “How are you feeling Subject Zero?” Velran asked using his fork to stab at a juicy spicy sausage. “How was your time in the tube?”

Request denied. Father told his daughter ‘no’. Yet she had no disappointment to hide.
Whether his answer was a yes or no, his decision was for the best. Zero would not mind.
Akiya Orime... That name was ingrained in her brain. The woman was as good as mother.
However, as fragments of memories were still returning to her, not all of it is remembered.

Meanwhile, if Dr. Janice was still useful to the Admiral, then so be it. She will not yet die.
Maybe in time. In time, Subject Zero would fully grasp her own mind. Pluck out her eyes…
How many doctors can make a killer pumpkin spice latte? “One. Inject the poison within—”
Father interjected as he switched topics amid his sausage and asked his daughter a question.

How…am I…feeling..? She could only blink at him. The tube… She remembered that capsule.
Dark. Cold. Like the ocean at night. Bright. Warm. Like sunlight. Her eyes into the Admiral’s.
“I feel…I feel…” Her tummy was rumbling. She rubbed it with a hand. “I think…I feel…full…”
She certainly had her fill. Sipped more coffee anyway. “The tube was like...eternity’s pool.”

Maybe she should elaborate on what that means? Or could he already see? Can he read me?
“Father…I cannot remember if there was even water…like a sea…misty…but I felt so...so weak.”
Zero sighed that very moment, lowering her eyes. Had she disappointed him? “I felt…so empty.”
She bit her lip. “Then I was given strength. Pulses in darkness.” She lifted her head. “Am I ready?”

“Didn’t take you as a poet Subject Zero!” Velran laughed while drinking a glass of Orange Juice. She was surprising him already, Subject Zero was so smart! Unlike that lame Akiya.

“If you feel so empty,” Velran said. “Than allow me to fill the void with love and the blood of our foes!” Velran immediately got up. “Let me show you your destiny Subject Zero!” Velran said. “Follow me!”

He eat the rest of his sausage and bread before waltzing out of the mess hall. So far mentally Subject Zero checked out. She talked a big game but of course she’ll need to show it.

“You’ll undergoing tests,” Velran stated. “I want your head in the game because I will push you to your limit. Do you understand?”

Poet. She liked the word. Even stifled a smile. It would be for the first time. If not for the first time.
Words. Words were wind within her head. They made no sense. Her own thoughts such a mess.
So Zero focused less on thinking, more on obeying. She felt empty before. Now she feels alive.
Thanks to Father, no less. Never mind doctors. Red steak sauce. Some blood is even more red…

She remembered that lesson from the tube, too. High Admiral Velran Kilran got up just then.
He beckoned for his subject to follow him. His apprentice. And the Jedi and Sith can shove it.
Love. Blood. Zero followed him, from bent knees on seat up upon toes. Foes. Destiny... Death...
That was her very own purpose, no less. The pair left. Not before Zero took a donut in her fist.

Tests, Father said. He had mentioned this before. Back with Janice and Zoax and the doctors.
Stated he would push his daughter to her limit. She bit into her sugary sweetness. Chocolate.
Zero swallowed. “Yes, Father.” She understood. Wanted to understand. She was not an idiot.
Yet Zero had to discover her own intelligence. No better way than by making enemies burn.

“Test me,” she repeated as she had said before her hunger had been satiated.
She did not believe she was ready for everything. She believed in her abilities.
She believed that anything can be thrown at her; test her strength and speed.
Then she would know if she was greater than Zero. Donut done. She waited.

pradyumna-panikker-highresscreenshot00011.jpg

Velran and Subject Zero arrived at the training room where Zota and the other doctor were typing away at the Holocomputers putting in last minute preparations for the simulations. Zota placed his hands on his hips giving Velran a nervous glance as he continued to observe his employees working. "Sir," Zota said. "I implore you yet again to please let Subject Zero rest and allow her to take in her environments! If you don't allow her time to process her life away from the tube, the possibility of her succumbing to a mental breakdown will be catastrophically high!"

"Translation: I'm a massive wimp who can't bare to handle perfection!" Velran retorted mocking Zota's shrill voice. "Subject Zero adjusted quite easily! It's what happens when one has a purpose and follows it with conviction. It's something that people don't understand these days, they claim to be these free thinkers but in reality their minds are just as malleable as a Droid."

"Yes, humans are conformists by nature," Zoax said. "But still, the mind needs time to adjust! You can't-"

"Don't tell me what I can't do Zoax!" Velran said. "Now turn on the simulation and let's have our main attraction prove how wrong you are!"

Zoax shook his head but bowed to Velran. "The weapon is ready," he said.

"Wonderful!" Velran headed for the large shuriken that lay on the counter. "I've made this bad boy for you Subject Zero!" Velran said hurling the shuriken towards her. "Take good care of her!"

R.375c57611597f2fd81b2d3bfa51b3e97

"Now Subject Zero," Zoax said. "There are 3 squads worth of Eggtroopers on the other side. Take out as many as you can. The Eggtroopers are armed with blaster set for stun. If you get hit, the simulation is over."

"But that won't happen now would it?" Velran said. "You are made to be better, faster, smarter, and stronger than them. You are the Viper, an extension of my will. I will be eagerly awaiting your success."

"Door is open," Zoax said. "Good luck Subject Zero."

-SHWING!-

The whistling weapon whipped within wind, slashing at air, flying like a boomerang from a hand.
The man’s. The High Admiral’s. The master’s. Father had thrown the bladed instrument right at her.
His daughter. His fighter. His viper. Each bladed tip of four might have hit her. Stabbed her. And hurt.
Yet the weapon stopped dead in its path. Hand wraps around its middle, the circle so round. She stands.

For me… Zero studies the thing, the weapon, the instrument. It fits in her fist, so very balanced in her grip.
Thin handles for small hands. White leather wrapped around the handgrips. Studded in iron. It felt perfect.
Triangular blades in shapes of sword tips or shark fins. Remembering from her tube. Swimming... Hunting...
Fingertip taps a blade. Strong. Grazes an edge. Sharp. Weapon’s shape is an X. Needs a name. Razor Ring.

Dr. Zoax briefed the weapon, the assassin, the subject, on who and what she would soon be fighting.
Three trooper squads. With maybe two teams of five per squad which meant a total of around thirty.
Good. Her enemies would be pleasing to her very eyes. It is time. She wanted, needed, the challenge.
This would yet not be a fight to the death. Defeat, however, would be no less for her. Win. Can't quit.

As Father said, she was made to be better, faster, smarter, stronger.
She was Subject Zero. A girl who became a woman. No. The Viper.
“I will prove my worth to you, Father,” the Viper said, looking away.
Her gaze forward, on that door. It opened. Time to peel the paint!

Dr. Zoax offered good luck for his experiment.
At that moment, she broke visage and grinned.
“You too…doctor...” Someday you may yet need it.
Not wasting another minute, the Viper snaked in.

Figure clad in black and white, like the handles of her weapon.
Ahead of her, thirty troopers were spread out. They engaged.
Blasters raise. Aim. She twirls away. “Time to feel the pain!”
Cartwheels sideways as bolts came. Into a flip. A shuriken!

Hurricane, flipping end over end, thrown like a boomerang.
Flying like lightning, ripping straight across chests or necks.
Its metal had a brilliant edge as simulations meet their end.
Not all of them. Shuriken comes back, caught by her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom