Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Generational Suffering

"Rise, Apprentice.", Maliphant said with an iron stare.​
"It is time you met your seniority."​
With a wave of his hand, the Sithspawn bowed and began to maintain the forge - bring it back from the dark brink it was on. The doors behind Maliphant opened, and he began to walk from the confines of the dark room - illuminated by only the embers of fire and lava. Now in the hallways, surrounded by glorious sith architecture - his ashy, dirty form was nearly out of place. For what it was worth, however, Maliphant was focused on something else entirely.​
"I have another Apprentice, named Arcturus Dinn Arcturus Dinn . Revan once said it was foolish for a Lord to have more than one apprentice, that it was inevitable they would betray him; but I fear not your wraith, for I will not train you as Sith of old. You will find him, you will become his brother - and you will form a bond of steel.", he said between boot falls.​
"A simple quest, but I will not offer you even a pittance of his location nor purpose. Hunt him, and return when you have done as I've asked, Venn."​

Venn followed his master out of the forge, and listened with bated breath as his task was outlined. Arcturus. Venn's lips tried out the word silently. It was an imposing name. Venn began to imagine what this Arcturus person might be like.

If Maliphant thought there was any chance of the two of them rebelling against the greatest alchemist who ever lived, then Arcturus must have been very powerful indeed, because Bogan knew Venn wouldn't be much help in such suicidal treason. It was improper to appear as if mocking one's master, and so the apprentice fought to stifle a laugh at the thought of actually betraying Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean .

Mirth aside, the thought of a manhunt across the Galaxy, to find a person that Venn was then asked to become bond-brothers with, filled Venn with epic trepidation. This was going to be no small test. The word seniority hadn't been lost on Venn, either. This would be a person who would be further along in the process of breaking their chains than Venn was in breaking his. If he was to forge a bond with him, Venn would need to ensure he was not consumed by the jealousy he was sure to feel.

All these musings flew through the young man's head as he bowed low to his teacher. "I shall, master." Turning, he took off running through the Acerbitas. Leaving the Sith Estates behind, he made a beeline for the training deck to collect his things. Which gave him an idea; there was a separate training ground onboard for the marines and honor guard. Those men were as likely as anyone to know something about the First Apprentice. Of course, not all of them particularly liked Venn. If he was going to interrupt their training to question them, some sparring to earn their trust and respect might be required. The boy's arms ached at just the thought.

Once he had a lead, he could find a ship in the Acerbitas' hanger, and head for the Temple Magnus. He'd gotten to know a few of the Kainites during his tenure there, and they tended to stay well-informed about the goings-on within the Sith Order. The Temple also boasted a facility where Venn could begin to shape his new gift of Darksteel; he already had an idea about how he could put it to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom