Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chiss Ascendancy

The Chiss Ascendancy has been displaced from Chiss Space. They plan to reclaim it.

Share This Faction

Quick Overview

Category
Minor Factions
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

General Discussion

Kharna

K
I'd personally go for pre-flotilla threading, so when we do go into those evacuation situations, we at least have some sort of basis to expand from.

Kassandra

K
That's fine I was wondering if we would be a thread where the fleet tries to find aristocracy that was off world when cssila was destroyed to help with leadership roles for the flotilla. Or is it gonna be assumed that all the aristocratic chiss are already found before I start on my background.

Thorne

T
Nuroudo'kass'manda

Good question.

In my head-canon, I always saw that most of the Syndicure (which has both executive and legislative authority over the Ascendancy, and is composed of leading members of the Ruling Families), were on Csilla since that's where the Aristocra Palace was located - and served as the main political hub, as it were. The Aristocra (the political body below the Syndicure's immediate leadership), likely had a strong presence there, too, due to the threat presented and the need to be in office and discussing options.

From there, when the attacks began, I assume that some were able to escape - leaving us with plot options to find some, like you suggest - and others were unable to escape for reasons, and were ultimately killed in the planet destruction.

Ratio wise? I'm not sure. Maybe half survived, half escaped? Maybe a majority of the Syndicure perished (necessitating new leadership from PCs or NPCs through plot)?

Feel free to be vague, if you'd like, or suggest some detailed accounts for the group to consider - it's all about collaboration for us, from this point!

Kassandra

K
Well I was thinking the daughter of the head of military affairs and next in line type thing unless that's uncool maybe mild amnesia from a mission? since i was thinking of making her special forces or atleast former special forces. Thorne

Kharna

K
What's flotilla composition and leadership structure going to be like in addition to the Syndicure and Aristocra? I think these questions are what we need to tackle first.

Thorne

T
Well I was thinking the daughter of the head of military affairs and next in line type thing unless that's uncool maybe mild amnesia from a mission? since i was thinking of making her special forces or atleast former special forces. Thorne

In the past, the ruling families - and their areas of leadership - have been this:
  • House Inrokini - Industry, Science, and Communications.
  • House Mitth - Military Policy
  • House Nuruodo - Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
  • House Csapla - Resource Management and Colonial affairs
  • House Sabosen - Law and Order, Health, and Education
  • House Lore - Civilian and Military Arms Manufacturing and Distribution
I'm sure there's been alterations in a new version (or two) since then, but for the most part that mix of canon houses has largely been used - from what I can see.

I saw your character is involved with Nuruodo, which could conceivably allow for your character to have ties - or step into - the position involving diplomacy and foreign policy.

Given Mitth's consistent leadership in military policy, and Thorne's IC history (two Chiss revolutions against invaders? A number of naval campaigns and working to stop the Maw alongside First Order/CDF), I'd like to think the position is still suited to Thorne/Mitth.

But, I digress, I'm open to new avenues with good reasoning.

What's flotilla composition and leadership structure going to be like in addition to the Syndicure and Aristocra? I think these questions are what we need to tackle first.

The flotilla only has one specific in my mind, at the moment, which is something of a large-scale civilian worldship (for lack of a better term). The worldship is proposed to house most of the Chiss, who aren't military specific, and from there is protected by a - to be determined - fleet of - to be determined - size and military vessel composition.

The specifics aren't totally necessary, I don't think, not at this point. There's some work to be done before the flotilla is defined and sets out (if we go the route of evacuation threads).

That said, if you have any ideas, there's a number of resources for consideration in the factory under the Chiss Ascendancy tag (mainly created by Matt the Radar Tech Matt the Radar Tech , which was previously my Thorne account, before I switched it over for clarity of sub-accounts, etc).

Feel free to look and propose some ship numbers or lists for the flotilla, if you're inclined!

Kharna has a point we need to figure that stuff out now rather then later

Indeed, we will. I've provided some answers above in this post.

Thorne

T
Just for my character sheet, are we using the rank system from Canon? Or is it a different one.

Which area of rank are we talking? Political, military?

Assume that canon is the go-to, I like to keep things as aligned with established lore as possible, where it can be. The only real difference (from canon/lore) to this CA will be the ruling houses, and the more custom vessels/equipment.

Kassandra

K
Thorne I must have read a faulty star wars wiki then my bad about my house sorry about that. I'll have to adjust my background to fit

Thorne

T
Thorne I must have read a faulty star wars wiki then my bad about my house sorry about that. I'll have to adjust my background to fit

I think there's been different versions in canon, certainly different houses overseeing different areas of the CA, the one I showed before has been the SWRP version the old CA used (and what's been RP'd as several Chiss character's lore IC).

According to canon (not legends), the info is:

At the time of the attack on Csilla towards the end of the Clone Wars, the Nine Ruling Families were -
So Nuroudo aren't even listed, in recent canon.

Since we're working with established IC lore from threads and events, maybe we can keep the past SWRP specific ruling houses, but look to align more with canon, and perhaps do away with specific areas of oversight (military, economics, etc)?

Maybe have a more universal method for ruling houses leading, where all Syndicure have a say in all aspects of the CA?

Since we're working with established IC lore from threads and events, maybe we can keep the past SWRP specific ruling houses, but look to align more with canon, and perhaps do away with specific areas of oversight (military, economics, etc)?

Maybe have a more universal method for ruling houses leading, where all Syndicure have a say in all aspects of the CA?

I do think the houses having an area where they focus more is part of their identities. Example: When I made House Lore and had the idea of them supplying weaponry and such, family members were expected to at least know how to use all of the weapons they manufactured and of course their house guard were trained to do the same.

I'd say keep the specific areas of oversight, but make it more of assigned tasks and agreement of all Syndicure. Everyone reports what's going on, everyone is in the know, but everyone handles specific roles.

How would we feel about starting in the middle of the evacuation, and then using flashbacks to help establish the characters and their places in the flotilla? It would give us starting momentum rather than waiting for everyone to finish their individual establishing stories.

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
How would we feel about starting in the middle of the evacuation, and then using flashbacks to help establish the characters and their places in the flotilla? It would give us starting momentum rather than waiting for everyone to finish their individual establishing stories.
Agree with this concept. I'm eager to get going when you are all ready to move ahead.

As for Ruling Houses and their specific and/or generalized roles in Chiss society, I think we should continue with this cultural identity as it's very Chiss to do so. Lesser houses can be vassals under the umbrella of greater ones to allow characters to broaden their skillset and story overall. It also sets up for some fun IC politics as families align with each other for more power. Chiss can be cutthroat in this regard.

In BSG as time went on for the flotilla escaping the Cylons, there was increased tension between the military, government, and civilians for control of their destiny. This would be fun to explore too IC as we get more into the overall faction story.

I'd also like the opportunity over time for one of the Ruling Houses to be deposed, either through attrition or politicking, to be replaced by one of the lesser houses (like maybe mine, perhaps) to ascend. Like maybe the Plikhs. Be honest: does anyone really like them?

Kassandra

K
Jorag Jorag Seems interesting perhaps after we get things started and figured out how everything runs maybe but it's definitely an interesting rp scenario or plot line for the group as a whole. Definitely something at the very least to look into for part of the group atleast if no one makes a character for that family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom