Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Gemini Feed

Tides of Change

xVwrGgE.png

Bovo Yagen
Cloning Facility

div-green.png

Elias Edo crept along the tree line, hidden among the vines and branches of low-hanging jungle flora as he scanned the perimeter ahead. Admittedly, he had been quite skeptical of the intel he received, but it was impossible to deny the existence of the unmapped facility right in front of his eyes. He raised a hand to his earpiece and opened the comms channel.

It’s here,” he said grimly. A pair of shuttles then flew overhead, landing on separate platforms beyond the facility’s outer wall. Busy enough for multiple landing pads?

Elias sighed.

And it’s big.

He gave his equipment a cursory check before any calls were made on how to tackle the base. His lightsaber was clipped to his right side and a holdout blaster was on his left. Two thermal detonators and a handy bacta injector as well, just in case.

What’s the plan?” he asked, eyes looking for a way in.

Preferably, they’d get in quietly and dismantle the facility from within. Whether that be by silently hacking into the mainframe or planting thermal imploders at the heart of the base didn’t matter - so long as he could report the cloning operation was done, he would be satisfied.

The Zeltron stay low behind the trees as he followed the Jedi deeper into the jungle.

When he first heard about a job that involved shutting down an illegal cloning facility, he had his doubts. After all, he was a clone himself. But the people who created him were still ethical in their approaching, allowing Keys to live a normal life. These folks, on the other hand, were doing the exact opposite. Forcing their creations to go through with testing and experiments, all to be sold to the highest bidder. Behavior like that could not stand.

Scanning the large building ahead, the man tried to come up with some ideas on how to enter.

"As much as I would love a shoot 'em up, bang-bang entry, I think we outta play this one safer."

Pulling out a pair of binoculars, Keys scanned the facility. There were guards posted at the landing platforms, but not really anywhere else. It looks like they were reliant on the secrecy of this place rather than actual firepower. A few seconds passed before the target was spotted below.

"There. Left side of that wall, 'bout halfway up. An air duct that should lead us straight in."

Sorry for the long delay. I forgot about this thread. Hoping we can still do the story

Wearing: Liar's Flesh

Armed With: Double Agent (Blue Saberstaff)

Earlier...

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius felt him approach her small temple on Susevfi before she saw him.

He was always cold. Being bonded to him was a horrible experience, and he disliked it just as much.

Syd didn't look at him as he entered.

"I must admit, I am impressed at how you managed to keep me from knowing Kytrand's coordinates. It must have taken an immense amount of willpower on your part."

Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl , clad in his black biker gear, snorted at this.

"If only your own had held out against Elaine." he replied nastily. He had never said one kind word to her since they had started working together. He addressed her with the same venom in his voice he had since nearly killing her in that swamp.

Syd didn't react to the Barb as she meditated in the empty chamber. Not visibly. She knew that he knew how much that one stung. But he was completely incapable of caring about her feelings beyond them affecting her ability to obey him, and then die afterwards when it was all settled.

"There's a cloning facility whose technology is required for our efforts against the Cult. You have been using the identity of that old woman to get around the trade league. You will use this identity on Bovo Yagen. I require only schematics. Not working examples. I will handle the rest."

"Sure." she replied, not blaming him for his absolute hatred of her.

After all, he had every reason, every right to loath the woman who had murdered his wife...and then murdered her very spirit...

Nathan scowled at her but said nothing else...even working together a long while now, he usually couldn't stand being around her more than thirty seconds. Meanwhile the bond to him grew more painful, set her teeth on edge most days.

He turned, started to walk out.

"So when were you planning on telling me our bond isn't just a Dyad, but a Wound in the Force as well?" she asked just as he reached the archway.

"I wasn't..." Nathan growled back, not even bothering with excuses. "Not like it'll help you."

Syd felt a chill go up her spine as Nathan walked out.

Present...

Lucretia, traveling adventurer and philanthropist, and noted Trade League Mercenary, had volunteered to be a part of the team heading to the world of Bovo Yagen. She was the only other Force user in the trio beyond Elias Edo Elias Edo , and she was perfectly eager to bust up an illegal operation.

She followed the others in her ultra reflective skintight silver catsuit, her athletic physique not matching her aged visage, her Saberstaff dangling from her belt as she got into position, jungle humidity matting her platinum blonde hair to her scalp. She listened as Elias asked for a plan and Keys Keys came up with one.

"I'll go into it first, make sure there are no booby-traps waiting for us inside."

Without waiting, Lucretia went ahead, sticking to the jungle and various large rocks to evade the guards and reach the air vent passage, force jumping as necessary.

She pulled the vent cover open with pure brute strength, peered inside, before going to her own ear piece.

"Vent's clear. Infiltrate at your leisure..." she said, before climbing inside...

Tides of Change

xVwrGgE.png

Bovo Yagen
Cloning Facility

div-green.png

Elias followed the mercenary's lead, scaling the wall to catch the open vent. The ducts were labyrinthine, as expected for a facility of this size. He stayed behind Lucretia Lister Lucretia Lister for several junctions, then paired off to the right.

"I'll take the east wing," Elias said, updating them over comms. Both the mercenary and Keys Keys seemed plenty professional enough not to need a play-by-play, but having never worked with them before, Elias felt it more beneficial than not to keep them in the loop.

After all, they had know idea what awaited them within the facility. Cloning was a vague term that could mean anything from simple replicants all the way to mutated drones meant for war. The more synchronized their efforts, the better. Elias pushed on, moving quickly and quietly through the ducts. He did his best to map the twists and turns on his holo-gauntlet, leaving a digital breadcrumb trail for his comrades to follow if they needed to reach him quickly.

Soon, the Jedi reached a four-way junction with a circular vent in the floor. It was much to shallow to stand upright, but there was finally room for his shoulders width-wise. He used his newly acquired mobility to tap into the team's comms again.

"Found myself a good insertion point," Elias said. He pinged his coordinates for the others on his gauntlet.

"I'm heading in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom