Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Liar's Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub a semi unique Light Armor
  • Image Source: N/A, No Image
Appearance: A absolutely skintight metallic gray catsuit
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Light Armor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: Low
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Vibro: Very Low
    • Acid: Very High
    • EMP/Ion: Extreme
    • Sonic: Very High
    • Electricity: Low
    • Flame: High
    • Cryo: Very Low
    • Force: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Reduces the Force Presence of any Lucretia wearing one to almost nothing, via applying the aspect of Force Stealth
  • Immense Resistance to Light Side and Dark Side of the Force via applying the aspect of Drain Force (Except limited in that in can only absorb the energy thrown at it, not the one throwing it)
  • Enchanted to repair itself and Lucretia at a rapid rate of 7 hours or less, even from very severe wounds, by subtly draining the life of microscopic organisms
  • Multiple copies of armor for Multiple Lucretia's
STRENGTHS
  • Gnat: Reduces the Force Presence of any Lucretia (Or their respective hosts) wearing one to almost nothing due to specialized magic applied to the fabric during alchemization that completely altered the material
  • Resistor: Enchanted to grant any Lucretia (or their respective hosts) wearing one immense resistance to Acid, Ion, Sonic, Flame, Blasters, Lightsabers, and the Light and Dark Sides of the Force
  • Fixit: Enchanted to rapidly repair Lucretia from even the most severe injuries over the course of 7 hours due to draining the life imperceptibly from micro organisms
  • Spare clothes: Each Lucretia instinctively knows how to create a copy of this armor, thus, every current host will have one
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Voids: Not only will the suit not function in Force Voids, any Lucretia wearing it will be automatically forced back into the body of their respective host
  • Slugthrower: Slugthrower bullets tear through it easily
  • Vibro: Vibroweapons will get through it in only a few blows
  • Electricity: Electricity not only badly injures and stuns her, it prevents her from using defensive Force powers for a few minutes afterward
  • Cryo: Cryo Weaponry causes the skin of any Lucretia wearing one of these armors to nearly freeze solid, rendering it extremely difficult and painful go move.
  • Neutral: Neutral offensive Force Powers, such as push, do twice as much damage
  • Alkahest: Use of Alkahest is capable of heavily degrading the armor, and is one of the few exceptions to its extreme resistance to The Force
DESCRIPTION

Every host to Lucretia, upon being infested, instinctively knows how to craft this armor, made via Sith Alchemy, keeping it in storage until necessary. Protective against a wide range of threats, even the Force, it ensures any version of Lucretia wearing one a solid chance at surviving any given encounter. Enchantments applied to simple armorweave completely alter the fabric into an Alchemized material that confers a number of benefits after being worn.

Last edited:
Lucretia Lister Lucretia Lister

Hello! Interesting Armor sub, but there are several major issues that will need to be addressed before approval.

Production Information:
  • Manufacturer: Instead of tagging Lucretia Lister as the manufacturer, please link her character profile instead.
  • Affiliation: Please link Lucretia Lister’s character profile here as well.
Technical Specifications:
  • The resistances are 2 points overpowered. Please reduce/rebalance accordingly.
  • Unless a very good reason is stated, I see no reason for there to be separate resistances to ‘Force (Light)’ and ‘Force (Dark)’. Plus, you have them as both "High" resistances anyway. Please combine into one ‘Force’ resistance.
Special Features: Currently, the only material you are using is armorweave. That said, there are significant issues I’m seeing with regard to the abilities you are describing within the special features as noted below. In summary, each of the noted items require some level of justification or material that provides this armor the abilities you are describing. Please respond with specific answers to the below bullet points, and add the material/components to the submission:
  • Reduces Force Presence: What material/component of this armor would provide it with this ability? Please specify what specifically is doing so in your response to me, and add it to the submission.
  • Immense Resistance to Force: Similar question; what material or component is granting this armor ‘immense resistance’ to the force?
  • Enchanted to repair itself: What is granting this armor the ability to repair/regenerate itself? Please expound on this ‘enchantment’ you are referencing.
  • Allows wearer to inflict greater damage: What is allowing her to do this?
  • Increases Accuracy: Same question as noted above - what is allowing her to receive this benefit?
  • Enhances Lucretia’s Strength: Same question as above, what is allowing her to receive this benefit?

Thats as far as we will go for now, as the rest of the sub is pretty contingent on how the above issues are addressed.

Please tag me with your editions/adjustments. Thank you!

Reduced and altered language to clarify that all it's effects are via due to the magic that has been applied to the fabric, Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Thank you. After further review, there are a few more items which need addressing.

1. The resistances are now two points underpowered. I think this occurred because you condensed the force resistances per my recommendation, and also rebalanced by two points. Simple fix, just add two more points wherever. I should have explained that a bit better, so my apologies for being unclear.

2. After considering your response, I've thought long and hard about how to proceed with this. I think the best way to do so is to establish two specific things.

2a. Please link and explain specifically which force powers you are using to enchant this armor.

2b. I've done some more research, and have concluded that we need to address whether you are using Force Alchemy (which is inherently dark side based) or Alkahest, which is the light side version of alchemy, or if your intent is something else. Please clarify, as this will affect where we go from here.

Have added links to Force Powers used, altered ratings and it is mostly dark side based, Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Thank you for clearing up those items. I think we are nearly there; to the point where I think this will be the last round of revisions (thank you for your patience). Therefore, please treat the following rulings as final. Here we go!
  • My point in asking, specifically, whether or not you are using 'Force Alchemy (Dark Side)' vs 'Alkahest' is because either choice will make the item inherently weak against the other. This is not a matter of the resistances we spoke about earlier, but moreso a matter of strength vs weaknesses. A piece of armor or a weapon can be inherently strong against the 'force' while still vulnerable specifically to the ministrations of Force Alchemy or Alkahest respectively. Therefore, since you have stated that the armor is forged via dark-side based means, I'd say the term 'Force Alchemy' or 'Sith Alchemy' (Wookieepedia link for posterity) applies here. Therefore, please do the following:
    • Specifically list the usage of either Force Alchemy or Sith Alchemy in the making of this armor.
    • Use the above wookieepedia link I provided to tie that term to the canon use of the term.
  • Now that we have addressed the balance issue regarding overpowered vs underpowered, I think we should address the resistances themselves. Upon closer (and final) examination, there are several resistances you've chosen to use that are, for lack of a better term, "dump stats" - meaning you are including them as 'weaknesses' when realistically they will never come up as viable weaknesses, while at the same time making your armor stronger in almost every conceivable way that matters. Below I will specifically list the resistances that are inappropriate as strengths/weaknesses in any real context, unless there is some major exception later down the road:
    • Gravitic: I am unsure how one can be immune to the concept of gravity or gravity fields to begin with. Jetpacks defy the law of gravity, but that doesn't mean they are immune to gravity itself. I see that you are referencing 'gravitic weapons' under the weaknesses section, but the fact remains that thus far, there aren't any canon or member-submitted weapons that use gravimetric or gravitic technology. If this changes, then this can be readdressed by means of a factory revision request. For now, remove this and rebalance accordingly.
    • Water: I'm unsure how a piece of armor could be weak or strong against water as a damage type. You could keep yourself from drowning with a rebreather, but there is really no weapon that intrinsically damages with water that I'm aware of. One could make the argument of water pressure via a hose of some sort, but it's not the water in and of itself that is causing damage, merely the kinetic energy of its mass coming at you with high velocity. If you are concerned with water exposure, which is touched on with your weaknesses, change this specific weakness to 'vacuum' which would cover water and any other environment that requires vacuum sealing.
  • Regarding the special feature which allows the armor to repair itself, I recommend you link the drain life force power.
    • I really like how you mentioned it is only used in the capacity of draining the life of microscopic organisms. I think that is an appropriate measure to take, however the amount of time it will take to repair the armor is, in my opinion, not appropriate - particularly if the damage is severe. It is my opinion that this would be a matter of hours, not minutes; while once again depending on the severity of the damage. Please edit accordingly.
  • The special feature which utilizes the Alter Damage is, in my opinion, not accurate or applicable to this particular use.
    • The article pretty clearly outlines its use to alter the severity of the damage, not the nature of the damage inflicted. Therefore, to state that it is being used to enhance the damage being inflicted based on a force user's alignment is not in the scope of the force power.
      • This is further reinforced by the fact you are essentially using Force Alchemy to create this item, which is inherently dark side based and would preclude any real ability to manipulate the force to damage a 'dark sider' with 'light side' force energy.
  • Please link Telekinesis & Force Deflection within the special ability that renders the wearer more accurate with their shots.
  • Please link Force Rage within the special feature that increases the wearer's strength.
    • I'm not opposed to you using 'Force Rage' as the means through which the wearer's strength increases, however the page does state the following: "The user could then channel the anger to increase his/her own strength, speed, agility, endurance, stamina and ferocity. However, the body could not handle such rage for long periods of time, so the user became greatly weakened for some time after the rage subsided." With that being stated, it is my belief that this weakness should be reflected in the armor - namely, that utilization of force rage would result in the armor taking a physical toll over time to the point of weakening or losing its integrity. List this in the weaknesses, and expound a bit on how exactly this is triggered - whether it is situational or otherwise.
  • Regarding the "+1 to Damage'' Strength (which i'm assuming is a reference to the 'Alter Damage' special feature earlier mentioned), my one issue is the last bit: "increased, to the point of being able to cut through traditional Lightsaber resistant metals and even Alchemized Materials in a few blows, as well as having the ability to cause greater damage to light or Dark Force Users''. We already discussed the merits of being able to damage someone of a certain alignment using 'Alter Damage', but this issue is moreso with the bit about being able to cut through lightsaber resistant materials to a greater degree. Once again, Alter Force increases the 'power' behind an attack, not the nature of the attack. Please remove this bit entirely.
I think that is everything. Please tag me when you are finished addressing these items, and we should be good to go.

Have heavily altered sub based on input, Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

After heavy thought and consideration, I am pleased to say that this submission has been Approved!.

The main issue I was debating is about whether Force Drain could be used in the capacity of enhancing the resistance of the armor against both the light and dark side of the force.

My stance is, the wiki article contains the following snippet:

"Force drain referred to a spectrum of offensive and defensive Force powers, tied to the same concept, which used the dark side of the Force to tap into the strengths of an organic target."

Further, I approve of your application of it - that the power is only consuming the energy thrown at it itself, rather than harming or affecting the person.

However, please note - if this gets misused and reported, this will likely require edits to better qualify the extents of your resistances, strengths, and weaknesses. Otherwise, a fine job indeed. Enjoy your armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom