Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Gasiirs/Gasiirians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Gasiir (Pronounced Ga-sir with a hard G)/ or formally Gasiirians

Designation: Sentient

Homeworld: Common on Alderaan, currently the greatest population is on Kasiim (planet application a WIP)

Language: Most are masters of basic due to the frequencies of traders, when speaking among them selves they speak Gasiirian.

Average height of adults: .91 meters or 3 feet. To find a Gasiir that is a more than 3 inches taller or shorter than 3 feet is very rare.

Skin color:
Blue - Common
Green - Common
Orange - Uncommon - Associated with improved intelligence
Yellow - Very Uncommon - Associated with higher intelligence
Red - Very Rare - Associated with master intelligence

Hair color: The men usually have none, the women usually have brown or black. During old age it is not uncommon for a male to start growing white or gray hair, whereas female's will turn those colors.

Breathes: Types 1 and 2

Strengths:
+ Teamwork: The Gasiir work together exceptionally well
+ Master Language: Over many years Gasiirian has been refined to a point where ''Zokagut pochud'' could mean something as complex as ''Hey (name) could you run down to the reactor with (other name) and refuel it? Make sure you cap it off. Oh and how's your wife doing?''
+Intelligence: The stupidest of Gasiirs have at least a 2x intelligence level compared to that of a human. Average is 3x, Oranges have 3.5x, Yellow's have 4.0-4.5x and Red's have 5.0-6.0x. If a red were to be enhanced with an expensive cybernetic his intelligence level could be brought up to 10x that of a human. This intelligence is in three fields, better memory, quicker learning, and increased calculation speed. A Gasiir can remember something that happened 20 years ago like it was yesterday. A Gasiir could master another language in a few weeks, and learn the ends and outs of a piece of technology in a matter of hours. They also have better calculation rates meaning they also have good reaction time.
+Long Life: The Gasiir can live to be up to 300 years old, they also mature quickly due to rapid brain development. From birth to adult size is about 5 years.
+Slow aging: The Gasiir mature quickly but age slow, meaning they looking the same for decades but will age rapidly in their last years.
+Technologically advanced: The Gasiir are one of the most technologically advanced species in the galaxy.
+Doesn't get sick easily: The Gasiir have quite the robust immune system.
+Fiercely Loyal: Should a Gasiir give a life debt, they will see it through until the end and would never go back on it, doing whatever the debtor wants.

Weaknesses:
-Not natural fighters: The Gasiir can be taught to fight, but naturally prefer to debate their problems rather than fight them out.
-Short: An unnaturally tall Gasiir would be 3.5 feet, meaning they have trouble reaching things and are not respected by other species as much.
-Rapid aging in last years: During their sunset years, a Gasiir will rapidly age and many, many health problems will arise.
-Life Debts: Should a Gasiir be saved, it is their belief they owe that person a life debt. This could be seen as a plus as well.
-Thin Skin: Should a Gasiir receive a large cut, it is almost certain he or she will bleed out soon and die.

Distinctions:
Variety of colors
Short
Intelligent
Larger heads

Average Lifespan: 250-300, members of more uncommon colors tend to live longer.

Races:
Blue - Common - Average Lifespan
Green - Common - Average Lifespan
Orange - Uncommon - Associated with improved intelligence - Better Lifespan
Yellow - Very Uncommon - Associated with higher intelligence - Improved Lifespan
Red - Very Rare - Associated with master intelligence - Best Lifespan

Estimated Population: Few are scattered across the galaxy, but concentrated on Kasiim.

Diet: Omnivores

Communication: Verbal, Gasiirian

Culture: The Gasiir are a very, very peaceful race and will debate the few problems among themselves and do their best to work things out among neighbors of different species. The Gasiir are usually split up into 'tribes', however do not let the wording fool you, they are very advanced technologically. The few weapons they do build are mostly focused at large scale destruction such as a missile defense system, energy weapons, and even torpedo turrets. The Gasiir are able to achieve a mastery over technology as they are highly intelligent and work together without bickering or arguing. If a Gasiirian tribe was being attacked, it wouldn't be uncommon to see another tribe help out the one being attacked. There is a caste system in place to where, greens and blues are grunt like workers, oranges usually dominate society due to their increased intelligence and decent birthrate whereas the yellows and reds are few and far between and hold the titles of chiefs or masterminds of sorts. No prestige comes from being of higher birth, simply a better life span and increased intelligence. A orange, red, or yellow would never look down to a green or blue.

Technology level: Master, the Gasiir have spent decades mastering chemistry, horticulture, starships, quick travel, and some weapons system. The Gasiir reserve their weapons for foreign threats. They use their starships mostly for trading or traveling.

General behavior: The Gasiir are not humble, but certainly not prideful. They mostly keep to their own, however if an injured foreigner were to come along they would most certainly help him. They are very hard workers, great speakers, brilliant scientists all of which can be attributed to their great work ethic. Should a Gasiir be saved (by anyone other than a Gasiir) from a situation he or she would've died in they owe said person a life debt and will follow them around for the rest of their natural life. The Gasiir are peaceful, but when war arises they prefer to use missiles and turrets rather than ground combat. They have a fierce loyalty to Kasiim and (unless given a life debt) will remain on Kasiim.

History: Gasiir were one of the first species to achieve starship travel and thus have had a leg up on all the other species. They achieved it several years after the Rakata. Surviving by the widespread fear that they were so smart they had a global destruction weapon (planted by early traders), few races messed with them and those that did suffered due to the powerfuol missiles the Gasiirians owned. They started out as traders, only coming back to Kasiim to get more resources or rest, until recently, when most returned back to Kasiim to further their technology. The Gasiir have a history of peacefulness and healthy relationships with their neighbors of their species and others.They have been involved in no major wars in any way. During the Gulag plague, few Gasiirs died to to their natural immune system. The elders from each tribe gathered and decided to not close off trade ways whilst the plague occurred they believed their naturally good immune system would help them. Fewer Gasiirs were taken away during the Netherworld event as well, they have not determined why.

Notable Player-Characters: None yet

Intent: To create a cool species for an upcoming RP storyline.

Netherworld

[member="KeCholo"]

The first thing I'd ask of you is simply to tweak the blues and greens a bit, as the lack of contrast between them and the grey background makes them nearly impossible to read.

With that out of the way, let's get to the meat of this submission;

KeCholo said:
Breathes: Types 1, 2, and 3
  • Type 3 atmo is toxic to most species. What makes the Gasiir able to breathe it, especially since they can breathe 1 and 2 as well?

KeCholo said:
+Intelligence: The stupidest of Gasiirs have at least a 2x intelligence level compared to that of a human. Average is 3x, Oranges have 3.5x, Yellow's have 4.0-4.5x and Red's have 5.0-6.0x. If a red were to be enhanced with an expensive cybernetic his intelligence level could be brought up to 10x that of a human.
  • This would probably work better if you made it less stat-like. By Human standards, all Gasiir are geniuses, that much is obvious. But what kind of intelligence are we talking about with 5x? What kinds of benefits and/or downsides does this hyperintelligence have? I'd like this expanded upon, please, as intelligence is neither a linear nor a quantitative concept.

KeCholo said:
+Technologically advanced: The Gasiir are one of the most technologically advanced species in the galaxy.
  • One of the most advanced as compared to whom? Most of the galaxy uses FTL travel and laser weapons. Just how do the Gasiir stand out?

KeCholo said:
Average Lifespan: 250-300, members of more uncommon colors tend to live longer.
  • I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this; the way I see it, it would probably be more feasible – biologically and physiologically speaking – if the inverse were true. I.e. the smarter they are, the shorter their lifespan due to heightened metabolism or some such. As it is, there's a strong chance of many super long-lived Gasiir running around with no downsides to their incredible intelligence.

KeCholo said:
Gasiir were one of the first species to achieve starship travel and thus have had a leg up on all the other species.
  • How early are we talking here? A frame of reference would be good, seeing as the discovery of FTL goes very far back. Depending on your answer, this might need some tweaking still.
  • Furthermore, please flesh out the history a bit more, please. It's very barebones at the moment.

@Mention me with questions/edits. :)

Changed the colors

Netherworld said:
Type 3 atmo is toxic to most species. What makes the Gasiir able to breathe it, especially since they can breathe 1 and 2 as well?
Removed type 3

Netherworld said:
This would probably work better if you made it less stat-like. By Human standards, all Gasiir are geniuses, that much is obvious. But what kind of intelligence are we talking about with 5x? What kinds of benefits and/or downsides does this hyperintelligence have? I'd like this expanded upon, please, as intelligence is neither a linear nor a quantitative concept.
They can calculate faster and thusly have good reaction time, easier learning, and also have a good memory. Added

Netherworld said:
One of the most advanced as compared to whom? Most of the galaxy uses FTL travel and laser weapons. Just how do the Gasiir stand out?
Compared to everyone. They stand out as they've made leaps and bounds in to way of the above mentioned fields.

Netherworld said:
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this; the way I see it, it would probably be more feasible – biologically and physiologically speaking – if the inverse were true. I.e. the smarter they are, the shorter their lifespan due to heightened metabolism or some such. As it is, there's a strong chance of many super long-lived Gasiir running around with no downsides to their incredible intelligence.
The point is to have a caste system where blue and greens are the grunts and reds are the masterminds, I will change this upon request I just want to explain first.

Netherworld said:
How early are we talking here? A frame of reference would be good, seeing as the discovery of FTL goes very far back. Depending on your answer, this might need some tweaking still.
Add/changed.

Netherworld said:
Furthermore, please flesh out the history a bit more, please. It's very barebones at the moment.
Added beef.

Netherworld

[member="KeCholo"]

Netherworld said:
The first thing I'd ask of you is simply to tweak the blues and greens a bit, as the lack of contrast between them and the grey background makes them nearly impossible to read.
  • Please fix this.

KeCholo said:
They can calculate faster and thusly have good reaction time, easier learning, and also have a good memory.
  • The rest is fine, but I'm not sure reaction time has much to do with intelligence. It's more a combination of muscle memory and trained response.
  • People may or may not freeze regardless of their intelligence. If you want this, I'll require a bit more explanation as to how it works.

KeCholo said:
The point is to have a caste system where blue and greens are the grunts and reds are the masterminds, I will change this upon request I just want to explain first.
  • If there's a caste system, you'd do well to describe it under Culture.
  • How does a shorter lifespan hinder the concept of a caste system? The Reds would still be masterminds and the blues/greens the grunts; I'm simply asking you if there's a downside to the Reds' increased intelligence.

KeCholo said:
They achieved it several years after the Rakata.
  • How did they avoid getting conquered by the Infinite Empire? How were they affected by the myriad wars and dark ages that followed?
  • Choosing to give your species such a long history comes with the caveat that you actually deal with everything that such a long history would entail. If they're such a peaceful folk, how did they fare against the many militant regimes and empires that came and went through the ages?

Netherworld said:
Please fix this.
changed

Netherworld said:
The rest is fine, but I'm not sure reaction time has much to do with intelligence. It's more a combination of muscle memory and trained response.
The ability to calculate quickly, and more accurately than humans allows them more time to react.

Netherworld said:
If there's a caste system, you'd do well to describe it under Culture.
Described

Netherworld said:
How did they avoid getting conquered by the Infinite Empire? How were they affected by the myriad wars and dark ages that followed?
changed

[member="KeCholo"]

I'll be taking over this sub after Miss Nether!

This looks good to me. The requested edits appears to have been tended to. The species' strengths balanced out by the weaknesses.

Approved, pending secondary

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom