Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ganging up.... really guys?

Well, yes and no, maybe? I can't remember if it was Luke or Revan who first pointed it out but I do remember someone saying that Jedi could use love in the same way that the Sith use fear to fuel their power. So connections can be useful or they can be very, very bad like in the case of Anakin Skywalker. ><

I'd argue that the risk is greater than the reward. I think it was Luke, not sure. I mean, really, Anakin is the worst case scenario but the threat of losing the one you love is really a great temptation to do so much. In a broader sense, I think love is a great tool for the Jedi. Love for the galaxy. Things like that. Buuuuut. I'm not one to debate philosophy really.

The Jedi were somewhat justified in banning marriage and close relationships such as that. It's actually explained best by Wynne from Dragon Age: Origins:
Love is ultimately selfish. It demands that one be devoted to a single person, who may fully occupy one's mind and heart, to the exclusion of all else. A Grey Warden cannot afford to be selfish. You may be forced to make a choice between saving your love and saving everyone else, and then what would you do?

Replace "Grey Warden" with "Jedi" and it applies with Star Wars. A lot of Jedi characters that are role-played out actually end up proving this message right: usually letting dangerous Sith or individuals walk because of their close relationships or love. Queue that dangerous individual slaughtering hundreds with impunity.

Farko Zord

F
If you gon cry like a queen.

You gon die like a queen.

Anyways, being attacked by a bunch of people may be a pain in the tits, yes, but it happens. The manly thing to do is either to fight them off with your kung fu or run away, arms flailing.

Yeah, but the way it happens is kind of important too, isn't it? I don't mind finding myself in an impossible situation as long as it falls within reason but it's borderline griefing when four or five people force you into a situation where you're basically going to die while you're away at work or whatever.

Lord Ghoul

L
As one of the "ganging up" members I'd like to make several points clear:

Dark Onyx betrayed the Empire and made numerous Sith angry IC. The repercussions for angering one of the two Galactic hegemons are now catching up with him. When you anger a superpower, it tends to go overkill. See USA drone strikes.

Darren Shaw, instead of helping to capture the traitor, is assisting his escape. Ashin declared him a traitor as well. I don't see it as ganging up on when an Empire makes its top priority the elimination of a high valued target. This is realistic story wise. Completely realistic. You betray us, we annihilate you.

So here's the deal, if you want to betray and flaunt an entire faction there are consequences. You don't get off scott free. You aren't a karma houdini. These consequences are now being exacted. Yes, you are being ganged up on, but not because people feel spiteful. It's because Onyx betrayed the Empire and now he is getting his just rewards. Bottomline, the Empire brought firepower to the table that neither of you were prepared for. The trap was set, sprung, and now you and Onyx are caught in the middle of it. Now deal with it. Or beg for the Empress' forgiveness.

I feel the need to point out that at least two of those people weren't even involved with the thread at all before attacking Shaw. I mean seriously, Ashin puts the word out that Shaw is a target and there just happens to be two completely uninvolved people nearby ready to act on those orders?

It might just be me, but I need a little bit more than, "I'm here," to justify randomly popping into a thread. :p

Lord Ghoul

L
There was complete justification, Felicity. They were supposed to be there all along. Mikhail brought along royal guards. Those guards turned about to be Sith in disguise.

Edit:
I would also like to make it clear that none of the writers involved are trying to force Darren to kill off his character or anything like that. We, or at least I, am perfectly willing to cooperate with him on how to proceed, despite placing him in an impossible situation. Provided the actions are reasonable and not power playing. I'm sorry that you feel ganged up on while you were away, Darren. I assure you that was not intentional. If I had known you wouldn't be able to respond for a while I wouldn't have organized the strike team in quite such a successive manner. I apologize if you feel slighted OOC. Completely unintentional. Let's all work together here.

Honestly, I really can't say more without reading the whole thread, but if those two were supposed to be there all along then why haven't they posted until now?

Lord Ghoul

L
Because Mikhail literally just made his entrance. They made theirs a few posts later. If you haven't read the thread, can I ask that you go read it first before questioning the credibilty of the writers involved? Character assassination is abhorrent. Thank you.

I wasn't questioning the credibility of the writers I was questioning the credibility of the situation you've presented, there's a difference. It wasn't meant to be personal, but it seems you've taken it that way and I apologize.

Lord Ghoul

L
For sure, but seeing as how setting up the situation is the OOC writer's job, by way of cause and effect questioning the setting questions the writer himself/herself. I personally am not offended, but I would like people to be fully informed of the entire situation before slinging accusations. :)

CreationX

Nightmother's Kath Hound
I agree with @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="Y.C.W.B.M"] no one will mess with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom