Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplan: Dominion of Adarlon

Things are about to get -really- interesting at the Mines, so that's a great place for you to hop in. We're just breached an area that has a huge Dark Side presence, so if you're FS, this is the place for you XD

@[member="Vascious Relens"].

I got two speeds

Old washed up mandalorian shocktrooper, and old washed up glow stick shocktrooper. Wherever i'm needed is fine. I'll go read up on it.

EDIT: Also I think it would be good for people to put their locations at the top of their posts.

@[member="T:N1:LDR"]

Oh ...

My apologies, let me clarify.

What she is most likely referring to is games like dungeons and dragons or older video games like Knights of The Old Republic. The board games would have you attempt an action and then the results of a dice throw would show if you were successful or not. To be fair I've been doing this forum thing for a long time, but i'm still a bit young for D&D IRL.

However, video games applied this logic too. The best example I can think of is Knights of the Old Republic, which is the holy bible of Star Wars fans that were also video gamers back in around 2002.

In KOTOR you would get 28 points (if memory serves correctly) to throw into five major stat categories (like strength, stealth and so forth). For Blujay for example, you might have threw a ton of points in 'Stealth'. Then when you performed a stealth action in game, the game would roll some invisible dice in the background. Your dice roll might come back at 12. Your stats would then either be low or high (depending on what you set them at) and this would add a positive or negative number to the dice throw. If you put a lot of points in Stealth then the game might have added lets say 4 points to your dice throw. So you would have had 16. The enemy you were trying to sneak around would also have had a dice throw and an awareness stat. If your dice roll came in lower, then he would see through your stealth attempt and be alerted. If your roll was higher then you would be able to sneak by.

Thus Dharma is poking fun at you saying that you need to stop rolling ones, so that you stop failing at stealth.

Unless I missed my mark on this one. XD

Dharma Vessia

Lords of the Fringe
Sort of... not saying she needs to stop rolling ones. I'm saying don't roll ones and everything above it would be success roll since the threat/ aggro levels are higher with me cause of what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom