Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech GA-B.R.I.E.F.C.A.S.E. Type I

Status
Not open for further replies.
t6ptXmk.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Black Lotus
  • Affiliation: The Galactic Alliance
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: GA-B.R.I.E.F.C.A.S.E. - Basic Repository for Information and Effects Framework, Concealed Armament Shooter, Efficient (Type I)
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Metal, leather, fabric, and reworked light repeater pistol components.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Repeater Pistol
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Damage Output: Average
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Double Life: Manufactured to double as a functional briefcase, this weapon is designed to blend into the background and pass non-mechanical scans.
  • Unisex: The design is gender-neutral, and thus would not look out of place being carried by guys, gals, or non-binary pals.
STRENGTHS
  • Stealthy: Someone just looking at the device would just see a briefcase -- an extremely stylish briefcase, of course, but still just a briefcase.
  • Stylish: Made from sustainable leather and ethically sourced metals, the BRIEFCASE is a fashion statement all on its own.
WEAKNESSES
  • High Recoil: Without the infrastructure usually included on a light repeater, the blaster has more recoil than the average weapon. This can be counteracted by holding it against one's shoulder or the ground to minimize the recoil, but this defeats the stealth nature of the device.
  • Hard to Reload: It's not impossible to reload the repeater, but doing so in the field requires either painstakingly removing the lining of the briefcase, or tearing it open. Woe betide anyone returning a device to the Black Lotus quartermaster with the lining torn.
  • Fragile: The disassembled/reassembled nature of the concealed weapon means that the wire connections can be tenuous. The user should take care not to jostle the briefcase too much, or the wires might come loose.
  • Combustible: The power cells do not benefit from the same kind of protection as being installed in a gun's body; a direct hit to the panel under which they are concealed can result in the cells rupturing and possibly exploding.
DESCRIPTION
Begun as a request from a friend, Isobel Nakano set about designing the first of the BRIEFCASE models. On the outside, the device looks like a simple (if extremely fashionable and beautiful) briefcase. Leather with metal finishings and locks, the BRIEFCASE hides a deadly secret: built into the case, between the document repository and the protective shell, is a light repeater pistol, disassembled and reassembled so that it will fit in the shell. The power cell magazines are installed flush to one side, and the barrel is installed along the other side, wrapped in temperature-dispersing fabric to avoid overheating. The trigger and a safety are embedded in the BRIEFCASE's handle, the trigger on the finger grips and the safety on the top, toggled by the thumb. This can be somewhat fiddly and it is recommended to practice with the device prior to usage in the field.

The "Efficient" and "Type I" designators reflects its concealed light repeater feature, to differentiate it from other variants that are in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom