Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech G-6E Light Repeating Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
6xeMynv.png
G-6E Light Repeating Blaster in Standard Left-Hand Configuration
Source (x)
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

[*]Manufacturer:

[*]Affiliation: Closed-Market

[*]Model: G-6E Light Repeating Blaster
[*]Cost: 8,000 Credits (Not available on Civil Market)
[*]Value: 21,000 Credits (Black Market Value)
[*]Modularity: Yes (Barrel Accessory Mount, Front Ring Sight, Rear Aperture Sight, Stock-Type)
[*]Production: Limited
[*]Material: Reinforced Duraplast, Reflec, Stygian-Triprismatic Polymer.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Compact Light Repeating Blaster
  • Size: Hand-Held; One-Handed, Two-Handed
    Small

[*]Length: 635mm, Fixed Stock (Standard-Variant)
[*]Weight: Heavy
  • ​6.0 Kilograms, Loaded.

[*]Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas, Power Cell
[*]Ammunition Capacity: 80 Shots (Gas Canister), 240 Shots (Power Cell)
[*]Reload Speed: Average, Very slow
  • ~5.5s; Gas Canister, varies with user
  • ~15-30s; Power Cell Replacement

[*]Muzzle Velocity: 450 Meters Per Second
[*]Effective Range: Personal,Average
  • ​50 Meters
  • 200 Meters

[*]Maximum Range: Average
  • 250 Meters

[*]Rate of Fire: Very High
  • 900 Rounds/Minute

[*]Fire Modes: Semi-Automatic, Fully Automatic, Safe
[*]Thermal Energy Output: 50 Kilojoules (High)
[*]Recoil: High-Extreme
  • Semi-Automatic & Automatic

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ambidextrous Canister Release
  • Ambidextrous Fire Selector
  • Barrel Accessory Rails
  • Foregrip
  • Front Ring Sight
  • Handguard
  • Heatsinks
  • HUD-Linked Cartridge & Battery Status, Dynamic Reticle, Optic Sight
  • Magnatomically-Paired High Adhesion Grips
  • Rear Aperture Sight
  • Triggerguard
  • Vented Barrel Housing
Strengths:
  • Compact: G-6E Light Repeating Blasters are quite compact weapons and can be stored comfortably in a thigh holster while freeing up the hands or back for a larger weapon such as a fully-sized blaster rifle, targeting blaster etc.
  • Powerful: Its' size sneakily belies its' firepower the G-6E isn't an average light repeating blaster, it strikes its targets with sufficient kinetic energy at close range that could break bones and convey massive amounts of hydrostatic shock which can cause internal hemorrhaging and bleeding of vital organs within the circulatory and nervous system.
  • Reflec Coating: The weapon is given a matte black finish by its' Reflec coating this also has the impact of making the weapon's cross-section and internal power source difficult to detect using sensor or radar technology, on the other hand it doesn't mask the feedback from any shots that are discharged or provide the weapon in question with any light-warping capabilities.
  • Shred Them: Despite its' significant drawbacks related to recoil and long-range accuracy under sustained fire, at close-range the weapon is terror personified firing 900 rounds/min it's often too much even for novice and some adept force wielders to withstand. At close-range within 50-150 meters the Tibanna Plasma bolts are also at optimal power.
Weaknesses:
  • Barrels Melting: Repeatedly overheating the weapon's heat-sinks in close sequence can destroy them and melt the barrel rendering the G-6E inoperable and useless until it can be repaired in a workshop and have the destroyed parts replaced. This is one of the main reasons why sustained fully automatic fire is discouraged by the user manual.
  • Can you tell if I'm hitting anything?!: Under sustained automatic fire the G-6E has a gargantuan spread and immense uncontrollable recoil with noticeable 'muzzle walk' where the weapon's barrel steadily creeps upwards due to the weight distribution, stock design and force of rounds being ejected from the barrel. When firing in Sustained Automatic bursts the Effective ranges also reduces dramatically to an approximate whopping fifty meters, reducing its' effective use to close-quarters fighting.
  • Close-Range Wonder: While the weapon is quite powerful the magnetic field containing the Tibanna plasma quickly weakens when travelling through the atmosphere across combat distances, therefore damage and power in inversely proportional to distance form target; the further away the target the less damage it could do. While close-range shots might over-penetrate an unarmoured target at long-range the same target might only be left with third-degree burns.
  • Explosive Consequences: Both the Hydrogen battery and Tibanna Power Cells are volatile and highly explosive. If either of them were to be breached at best it'll fry the weapon and at worst cause an explosion of super-heated plasma; threatening to inflict burn injuries to the user. The greatest risk of this occuring happens when a hostile has a perpendicular angle on the weapon or when high velocity shrapnel is travelling wildly through the air.
  • Ghastly Reload: Like other weapons in the Death Trooper's arsenal it has a minimal cross-section and due to this the weapon's power cell has been put inside the chassis towards the stock. To access the power cell the entire weapon must be field-stripped, making reloading after firing 240 shots incredibly time-consuming and an often stationary affair which leaves the operator vulnerable. For this reason the user manual discourages continuous automatic fire as the power cell can be rapidly exhausted.
  • Overheating: When firing in fully-automatic the weapon's heatsinks are capable of being overloaded at which point they'll execute an emergency vent to prevent damage to the weapon's components though if the heatsinks are destroyed they transfer the thermal energy onto the barrel and surrounding components. The vent usually occurs after firing sixty rounds in automatic sequence, the equivalent of four seconds of continuous fire and leaves the weapon inoperable for approximately 4.5-5.0 Seconds. The aqua-coloured Tibanna Gas venting is also highly visible and can alert hostiles to the over-heating and provide opportunity to return fire or suppress the user.
DESCRIPTION
The G-6E is a plasma-based blaster weapon that uses ionized Tibanna Gas as its' projectile. Tibanna Gas is rare and expensive albeit powerful and offers the weapon's magnetically-contained plasma projectiles excellent performance against both organic and inorganic targets such as droids. The G-6E has the benefit of being quite compact similar to blaster rifle designs such as the E-11 and can be easily holstered on the thigh while also boasting the capability for fully-automatic fire, similarly though to its' Blaster Rifle predecessors however is an extremely short range which limits the wielder's ability to effectively engage targets at any range that exceeds two-hundred meters. In contrast the weapon outperforms its' G-11F cousin with a furious 900 rounds/minute which is particularly useful at ranges of about fifty to one-hundred meters where even the considerable spread and recoil is offset by the sheer suppressible capacity for the weapon. The weapon's automatic recoil is extreme and most users report it becoming quite uncontrollable with sustained fire the barrel seems to climb noticeably and carries the risk of overheating the heat-sinks rendering the weapon inoperable for several seconds while they vent, semi-automatic fire with the weapon is reportedly much more comfortable and allows the shooter to maintain high accuracy and control. Optimal shooting performance can be achieved by firing in short-bursts of about 15 rounds, permitting the vents to cool the weapon between each burst across a couple of seconds.

The magnetically contained Tibanna Plasma bolts fired from the G-6E burn at about 1,700 degrees Celsius and impact with the equivalent of 1,923 Joules of Kinetic Energy; the entry and exit wounds are typically cauterized although the damage these impacts cause isn't necessarily visible. The sheer heat of the bolts can cause flash vaporisation of the surrounding tissue and is designed to inflict third degree burns after punching through armour constructed of tough materials. Internally, the heat generated by the plasma is designed to be sufficient to boil the target's blood and cause circulatory organs such as veins and arteries around wound to expand and 'explode' with the potential to send the target into shock response from a massive drop in blood pressure. Impacts to the thoracic region can impart enough hydrostatic shock on the cardio-pulmonary and nervous systems to cause massive hemorrhaging, sometimes although not always killing an unarmoured target instantly. Close-range impacts to unarmored humanoid targets can pass straight through in an example of over-penetration and if a burst of rounds hit a joint such as a knee or elbow it can blast them off in a gruesome display, coupled with its' full-auto capability some First Order military personnel have dubbed it "The Shredder" after its' ability to tear apart targets at close range into pieces or strips.

The G-6E fulfills its' purpose of taking hostile combatants out of the fight; it is designed to kill its target and non-fatal strikes usually require intense medical attention for third degree burns and induced shock. One of the glaring issues facing Troops equipped with this weapon during capture and retrieval issues is the conspicuous lack of a stun setting. Especially where the target in question might attempt to flee, offer resistance or be unarmoured. Conversely the rifle is fully ambi-dextrous with capability to switch the fire selector or "charging handle" from either side of the weapon. The fire selector for the G-6E repeating blaster sits above the trigger with weapon break-down starting with the depression of two locks on either side of the weapon just rear of the Foregrip. Following a bullpup-type design the Gas Canister is inserted into the weapon behind the trigger assembly towards the shooter's shoulder, this permits a reduction in length of the weapon but places most of the weight to the rear and is responsible for the obnoxious muzzle climb with fully-automatic fire in the design due to the uneven weight distribution.

SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORDS
  • 09/04/2019: Edited the Affiliations, Manufacturer, Designer to include the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation. Specified Closed-Market. Increased Production Rating to Limited. Edited Kinetic Energy Output to "Thermal Energy Output" and gave units in Joules as an equivalent in Kinetic Energy.

[member="Kyli DT-6767"] Hello there! I will be looking at your submission with you. Few things before we get started:
  1. I really like the picture. It was one I almost used for one of my own SMG submissions.
  2. I really like the amount of extra detail and work you put into your submission. Shows a lot of thought went into it and I love to see that.
  3. The stats of this weapon look very solid. I am very happy to see the recoil stat be what it is.
Alrighty, lets get started!

Kyli DT-6767 said:
So, Reflec is a rather neat material as it messes with sensors. I know the idea is to better mesh with the armor these squads have, but I feel this is a strength and bonus that should be directly mentioned as this makes it a potent infiltration weapon when coupled with its compact size.

I don't mind if you list this as a strength as its potency in infiltration especially in urban, or otherwise dense, environments would be noticeable, or if you mention this ability in the description, but this added bonus it has from the material needs to be listed and noted.

Kyli DT-6767 said:

Strengths:

• Powerful: Its' size sneakily belies its' firepower the G-6E isn't an average light repeating blaster, it strikes its targets with sufficient kinetic energy to break bones and convey massive amounts of hydrostatic shock which can cause internal hemorrhaging and bleeding of vital organs within the circulatory and nervous system.
The wording needs a little tweaking. The way is set up now means that should someone be struck by it, their bones will break. The second part is better as you have 'can cause' which implies it is up to 'chance' or, in reality, the person being struck by the bolt. The initial portion will need to be changed to a more open ended outcome.

A good one to use is 'Designed'. For example, "it is designed to strike its target with sufficient kinetic energy to break bones," now, instead of it breaking bones, it is 'designed' to which does not mean it 'will'.

Designed, can, should be able, under ideal conditions, are all good phrases to put into any 'effects' a weapon does as the person you are shooting this thing at decides how much damage is done to them. This is something I am still working on with my own submissions as well.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
  • Explosive Consequences: Both the Hydrogen battery and Tibanna Power Cells are volatile and highly explosive. If either of them were to be breached at best it'll fry the weapon and at worst cause an explosion of super-heated plasma; threatening to inflict burn injuries to the user. The greatest risk of this occuring happens when a hostile has a perpendicular angle on the weapon or when high velocity shrapnel is travelling wildly through the air.
  • Overheating: When firing in fully-automatic the weapon's heatsinks are capable of being overloaded at which point they'll execute an emergency vent to prevent damage to the weapon's components. This tends to occur after firing sixty rounds in automatic sequence, the equivalent of four seconds of continuous fire and leaves the weapon inoperable for approximately 4.5-5.0 Seconds. The aqua-coloured Tibanna Gas venting is also highly visible and can alert hostiles to the over-heating and provide opportunity to return fire or suppress the user.
Nothing wrong, just wanted to say I really like these weaknesses. Good job.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
The sheer heat of the bolts can cause flash vaporization of the surrounding tissue and inflict third degree burns punching through armour of good or rare quality with varying amounts od difficulty.
Wording needs to be tweaked again. The first section is alright, as 'can cause' is all I need to see, but the second part 'punching through armour of good or rare quality with varying amounts of difficulty,' needs some tweaking.As, for me, the 'can cause' ends at third degree burns and then goes into the other part.

Varying amounts of difficult implies it can punch right through, just a matter of 'how greatly' it does so. When making the weapons effects, keep in mind that the player being shot is the one who determines what damage is done to their bodies, minds and equipment.

This is why I love the word 'designed'. For example we can put it as, 'designed to punch through armour of good, or even, rare quality,' anything else you want to add such as 'depending upon shot placement, armor, etc' is all just gravy at that point. Designed is just a really nice way of saying 'Can and really should' but at the end of the day, the effect of the shots will always reside with the hit player and every submission needs to reflect that.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
Internally, the heat generated by the plasma is sufficient to boil the target's blood and cause circulatory organs such as veins and arteries around wound to expand and 'explode' and can send the target into shock response from a massive drop in blood pressure. Impacts to the thoracic region can impart enough hydrostatic shock on the cardio-pulmonary and nervous systems to cause massive hemorrhaging and kill the target instantly.

Need to tweak the wording, especially, that last sentence. This is a potent weapon designed to kill, but the shot player must be the one to determine damage done to them. This is where those phrases I mentioned earlier come into play. Instead of 'kill the target instantly', placing something more ambiguous such as 'incredibly lethal' will let its power be known without crossing the line of meta.

As for the overall effect, it superheats the blood enough to cause the water within it to vaporize, building pressure and causing the veins to 'burst' open near the target area... Mmm, I am a fan of other sci-fis that use this same idea, I am not against this, so I am fine with the effects the way they are, but it strikes me as a bit too gruesome a standard effect for a blaster, but I am content to leave the effect it produces as is as long as the wording is tweaked.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
coupled with its' full-auto capability some First Order military personnel have dubbed it "The Shredder" after its' ability to tear apart targets at close range into pieces or strips.
If you cut off into 'pieces or stripes', I think this would be fine as far as word choice goes.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
The G-6E fulfills its' purpose of taking hostile combatants out of the fight while forcing the opposition to expend resources on treating the grisly injuries it inflicts.

You spent a lot of time in the description stressing how incredibly lethal this weapon is, how great it is as putting down, and keeping down, a target. It doesn't strike me as a 'maiming' weapon akin to mines which does what that sentence states.

To clarify, a mine, for instance, is exactly that. Taking a hostile combatant out of the fight as well as the comrade who needs to carry them back to the FOB to get treatment for their maiming injuries. This weapon doesn't strike me as serving the same purpose. It seems its primary purpose is to be an excellent close range, potent weapon designed more to 'kill' then to 'maim.

So, with that, I need a bit more clarification on what you mean here by 'fulfills its' purpose'.

[member="Iona Immarya"]

Thank you for picking my submission up!

I appreciate the criticism! I do enjoy trying to adequately describe the purpose and function of my submissions.

I've made most of the suggested edits and clarifications and wanted to hear your suggestions for changing up the description for the flash vaporisation? You mentioned that it bothered you but I personally cannot readily think of a less 'gruesome' description to include while conveying the weapon's designed wound effects, I thought it was as clinical as I could feasibly make it without losing the meaning or failing to adequately describe the potential wounds. We've seen Anakin be immolated on screen in Revenge of the Sith and Darth Mail be bisected in the Phantom Menace and I didn't think the wounding description exceeded the level of graphic violence exceeded in either of those movies, both of which were rated PG-13 and PG respectively by the MPAA. It's probably a question better put to an RPJ or Admin if possible, to determine whether or not it's too excessive? :)

[member="Kyli DT-6767"] This sub was also my first to judge.

It wasn't that part I said needed tweaked, I said I was content with it because it doesn't bother me but that is likely only because I am a fan of a fiction where the common heat based weaponry does exactly that. The parts I wanted tweaked was the last bit the 'kill the target instantly' which you got and, at the start, where it says:

Kyli DT-6767 said:
Internally, the heat generated by the plasma is sufficient to boil the target's blood and cause circulatory organs such as veins and arteries around wound to expand and 'explode' and can send the target into shock response from a massive drop in blood pressure.
Instead, we want something like, 'is designed to boil the target's' or 'often causes the target's blood'. Anytime you are talking about what happens to someone else's body you need that ambiguity in it. Once that is added in, this will be ready to roll on.

As for the bursting, Star Wars would have a different rating if pieces of people's bodies exploded like overripe tomatoes when hit by blasters. ;)

[member="Iona Immarya"]

Ahahaha, yeaaaah.

The wording has been tweaked again and I hope you find it more acceptable, I've gone ahead and tried to make the language more suggestive in the mentioned sentence.

Kyli DT-6767 said:
Overheating: When firing in fully-automatic the weapon's heatsinks are capable of being overloaded at which point they'll execute an emergency vent to prevent damage to the weapon's components. This tends to occur after firing sixty rounds in automatic sequence, the equivalent of four seconds of continuous fire and leaves the weapon inoperable for approximately 4.5-5.0 Seconds. The aqua-coloured Tibanna Gas venting is also highly visible and can alert hostiles to the over-heating and provide opportunity to return fire or suppress the user.
Doesn't this contradict this:

Kyli DT-6767 said:
Barrels Melting: Repeatedly overheating the weapon's heat-sinks in close sequence can destroy them and melt the barrel rendering the G-6E inoperable and useless until it can be repaired in a workshop and have the defective parts replaced. This is one of the main reasons why sustained fully automatic fire is discouraged by the user manual.

If not - can you elaborate please.

[member="Kyli DT-6767"]

[member="Therran Graush"]

Well nothing is perfect including the heatsinks like any other fabricated part from materials they can and will break in this instance they'll fail after continuously being overheated in close sequence and following this the thermal energy is going to be transferred to the surrounding components causing the barrel to melt making the weapon permanently inoperable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom