Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
8HQigAT.png

G-11F In the Standard Left-Handed Configuration
Source (x)
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Creating a Standard-Issue Rifle for the Elite Stormtrooper Corps as a Successor to the Venerable E-11 and F-11D
Image Source: Source
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: E-11 Blaster Rifle, F-11D Blaster Rifle

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Designer: Closed-Market

Manufacturer: Closed-Market
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: G-11F Blaster Rifle
Modularity: Yes (Underslung Accessory Rail, Scope Layout)
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Reinforced Duraplast, Quadanium.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Repeating Blaster, Blaster Rifle.
Size: Average

• 680mm (27 In)
Weight: Light
  • 2.5 Kilograms (5.5 .lbs)
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Tibanna Gas Cartridge.
Ammunition Capacity: 100 Shots (Power Cell), 500 Shots (Tibanna Gas Canister)
Reload Speed: Average

• ~5.0 Seconds
Effective Range: Average
  • 200-300 Meters (218-328 Yd.)
Rate of Fire: Low
  • 360 Rounds/Minute
Stopping Power: Very High
  • Thermal Energy Output (Kinetic Equivalent): 19 Megajoules
  • Muzzle Velocity: 130 Meters/Second
Recoil: High

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Adjustable Foregrip
  • Ambidextrous Power Cell Release
  • Ambidextrous Power Cell Wells
  • Ambidextrous Safety Catch
  • Cooling Coils
  • Fixed Stock
  • Heat Sink
  • Iron Glows Sights
  • Modular Platform
  • Magnatomic High-Adhesion Grips
  • Picatinny Rail
  • Red Dot Sight
  • Stamped Barrel
  • Stun Setting
  • Thumbhole Fixed Stock
  • Underslung Accessory Mount
  • 1.5x Optical Sight
  • Vibrating Pulser
Strengths:
  • Frighteningly Lethal: The G-11F is compact albeit exceptionally powerful with its Tibanna Gas based projectile being equally effective against Droids as Organic target and creating the distinct blue colour of Tibanna Gas when used in high-quality gas cylinders. At close-range in close quarters the weapon is lethal in the extreme; capable of dismembering limbs, causing explosions in the circulatory system and passing straight through the target.
  • High Capacity: With its Tibanna Gas Cartridge the Rifle can discharge approximately 500 rounds before depleting, however, the Tibanna Gas Cartridge poses problems to the wielder if catastrophically breached.
  • Modular: With ample customization to fulfil the requirements of the theatre at hand one of the few components that cannot be readily modified is the stock everything else can be easily replaced; Both scopes and Foregrip can be exchanged for other accessories or removed completely.
Weaknesses:
  • Explosive Gas: Tibanna is a volatile substance and if the gas cartridge were to be breached the result would be a violent explosion incinerating everything in the immediate vicinity around the weapon or gas cartridge, meaning a Stormtroopers' own weapon or utility belt where extra cartridges are stored can post a danger to them.
  • Automatic Overheating: Sustained automatic fire rapidly overheats the barrel until the heat sinks are full at which point the weapon will cease firing and force a vent down through the stamped holes at the bottom of the barrel cowl, the force of which is known to be enough to sprain the wrists of unsuspecting, careless or more feeble Troopers. The recoil also becomes progressively uncontrollable leading up-to the vent adversely impacting the rifle's accuracy.
  • Air Resistance: The weapon's impact power is inversely proportional to target range; meaning that the further away the Target is from the Blaster the less potent the impact. So while at close range impacts can dismember limbs and cause explosions within the circulatory system of lightly-armoured targets before passing through them, foes at the rifle's terminal range might only receive third-degree burns on impact with its armour-piercing qualities sharply reduced.
  • Lacks Targeting Computer: While most modern blasters feature some kind of targeting computer to compensate for their users' lack of skill the G-11F has no such feature to cut down on weight and weapon bulk, this contributes to inaccurate fully automatic fire at range as there is no targeting computer to compensate in any scope model compatible with the weapon.
  • Muzzle Flash: When firing from a concealed or camouflaged position the Blaster creates a bright blue flash at the end of the barrel for lack of a flash hider or suppression system this will quickly the shooter's position to observers making it a weapon ill-suited to use when attempting to conceal a position from enemy identification.
  • Odd Design: On the Left-Handed configuration of the rifle the power cell is located on the right-hand side on the weapon and while this makes it easier to access in a firefight it also makes it impossible corresponding dominant left so left-handed shoulders must holster their weapon on their right side and right-handed shooters must holster it on their left. This will significantly increase the draw time of Stormtroopers.
  • Deflection: As with most blaster-based weapons the superheated magnetically contained cobalt tibanna bolts can be deflected harmlessly and even back at the firer by skilled force wielders armed with a lightsaber, combined with the blaster's inherent lethality this creates a danger for Stormtroopers facing the likes of Jedi and Sith who could very well find themselves killed by their own weapon.
DESCRIPTION

The G-11F Blaster Rifle is a Blaster Rifle with repeating full-auto capability selectable from an ambidextrous safety catch located above the trigger with a design obviously reminiscent of the F-11D indeed the G-11H is an update of that old design with the intention of creating a more accurate and lethal weapon system at the expense of increased cost limiting its' issue to the Elite First order Stormtrooper by whom it shall be wielded. The G-11H places an emphasis on modularity and ease of use regardless of the shooter is left or right-handed with attachments including an adjustable foregrip, 1.5x optical sight, reflex sight and forward iron glow sights as standard through the foregrip can be traded by a Grenade launcher, flashlight or laser pointer to aid with target tracking and accuracy. Both the main trigger grip and foregrip feature high-traction magnatromic grips which aid the Trooper in controlling the often wild recoil of Automatic fire or when the weapon's heat sinks suddenly vent their stored thermal energy. The G-11H is a Power-Cell powered directed energy weapon that uses highly volatile superheated ionized Tibanna Gas as its fuel to create a blaster that is both highly effective against organics and droids creating blue bolts once ubiquitous with the Clone Troopers of the Galactic Republic. The weapon is usually operated in the Semi-Automatic firing mode as it allows high control over shot placement though it maintains fully automatic functionality where it can discharge approximately 360 rounds in a minute or 6 rounds each second.

Lethality of the weapon benefits the level of training First Order Stormtroopers usually receive; Extraordinary. The G-11H inflicts ghastly injuries its targets; combat armour is rapidly burned through or melted resulting in wounds consistent with third-degree burns, it is possible for the weapon to dismember unarmoured targets when one or two-shots impact a joint such as the elbow, shoulder or knee at close range where the weapon is most powerful with bolts even passing completely through unarmoured targets at times. When rounds fired from the weapon enter the body the blaster bolts deliver an explosive effect to soft tissue; erupting fluids such as blood and water in the circulatory, cardiovascular and digestive system depending on the impact site with the potential to send the target into shock with plummeting blood pressure and flow through the body as the wound is additionally cauterised by the weapon's extremely high temperature. Shots to the unarmoured or lightly armoured upper torso of humanoids tends to kill or disable the target immediately as the blood inside and organ tissue of the victim's chest cavity is vaporized by the temperature in a similar effect to boiling water. Due to the torso's proximity to the nervous system the G-11H's target could also experience brain haemorrhaging after an artery is ruptured by blood vapourization. Close contact or near-misses with unprotected skin might cause secondary heat injuries such as mild burns, heat stroke, and other heat injuries. In close-quarters such as the corridors of starships or hallways in buildings, it presents a hazard where shots that miss their target and impact debris or scenery can send super-heated metal particles as an example around haphazardly into the air potentially into the eyes or onto the skin of combatants. It's not difficult to see why this ruthless weapon might not be as equally feared as its wielders.

The rifle, however, is not without drawbacks as the Tibanna Gas Cartridge on the side of the weapon beside the scope is highly volatile and liable to explode if penetrated offering an attractive target to hostile marksman as Troopers often also carry spares in their utility belts; The results of one of these cartridges exploding is particularly ghastly and unpredictable with Stormtroopers being bisected, disembowelled, dismembered and completely obliterated when their gas cartridges detonate in their equipment belts or rifles. Another drawback of the rifle is that its scopes do not feature any kind of targeting system or enhanced imaging and while this can be rectified for most Stormtroopers who will simply use their helmet's imaging systems it can present an issue if a Stormtrooper is attempting to track their target without a helmet equipped in low-light, dense fog or through walls for example. While some were concerned by this design omission some Stormtroopers dismissed these concerns believing such targeting systems erode true marksmanship skill promoting complacency from the Trooper. Instead, the weapon's scopes are simple optics designed to capitalize of its relatively short maximum range of 300 meters. The Blaster Rifle also features a Stun Setting which has quite a short range of about fifty meters, designed as a less-than-lethal option for Troopers who might be deployed in a Civilian Environment or otherwise want to subdue instead of kill their target. The Trigger grip is equipped with a vibrating Pulser which vibrates steadily when the power cell retains only enough power for eight or less shots.

SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORDS

• 25/03/2019: Edited the Affiliations, Manufacturer, Designer to include the Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation and Core Imperial Confederation. Specified Closed-Market. Production bumped upto Minor to more accurately reflect the scale of manufacture and issue. Updated to Current Standard.
  • 04/03/2021: Updated broken links, added the New Imperial Order to Affiliations.

Last edited:
FN-6767 said:
The G-11H inflicts terrible wounds on even armoured targets with injuries consistent with third-degree burns and at close range it is not unusual for the weapon to outright dismember lightly armoured targets oftentimes passing straight through them and erupting fluids such as blood and water in the circulatory, cardiovascular and digestive systems taking but a single impact to send the victim into shock with plummeting blood pressure and flow through the body as the wound is additionally cauterised by the extreme burns, shots to the unarmoured or lightly armoured upper torso of humanoids tends to kill or disable the target immediately as the heart of the victim and blood inside is vaporised along with the blood circulating through the nervous system. Close contact or near-misses with unprotected skin is enough to cause secondary heat injuries such as mild burns, heat stroke, and other heat injuries. In close-quarters such as the corridors of starships or hallways in buildings its' particularly effective where shots that miss their target and impact debris or scenery can create splash damage where super-heated particles are thrown through the air into the eyes or onto the skin of hostiles. It's not difficult to see why this ruthless weapon might not be as equally feared as its wielders.
This does not sound like a blaster rifle to me, it sounds like a particle beam cannon. Blaster rounds do not cause this level of devastation or splash damage.

Nadja said:
This does not sound like a blaster rifle to me, it sounds like a particle beam cannon. Blaster rounds do not cause this level of devastation or splash damage.
I don't believe it's ever really quantitatively measured within Star Wars Canon what kind of power a blaster can produce and I tried to do some reading and research regarding this topic to better inform myself when composing the submission and whether or not certain blaster weapons might produce the results I was aiming for in this submission. I found some inference here doing some further reading on the damage and injuries caused by blasters led me to evaluate if different ionized gas used in blasters amplified power output. I discovered that Clone Troopers blasters are powered with Tibanna Gas cartridges which according to the article produce greater power output when used as the ionizing gas in blasters and is mainly refined and produced on Bespin; A planet which is presently controlled by the First Order.

My conclusions were drawn from the cited sources in the above paragraph and I hope these satisfy you, the "Splash Damage" That you see described refers to any kind of secondary projectiles created by a Blaster Impact like we see in the beginning of Episode IV when the Stormtroopers Storm through the Halls of Tantive IV, if you watch closely when the bolts strike the corridor walls they create quite visible impacts and send sparks into the hallway this is what I describe after mentioning "Splash Damage" Where the magnetically contained Tibanna Gas slams into a hard surface such as a Durasteel wall and sends super-heated pieces of Durasteel everywhere; this is a hazard and one could think of it as analogous to ricochets with conventional ballistic weapons.

If you continue to insist on having me change the weapon to a Particle Beam Weapon I'll comply though it would mean removing one of the weaknesses which I believe to be the most important; That a Shot from the Blaster might be deflected off of a Lightsaber or Magnetically sealed surface to the danger of the wielder. There are ways to counter the weapon and I do not believe as a Blaster Weapon anything described in the Submission is inconsistent with the description, design or function of Blaster weapons either in Legends or Canon.

[member="Nadja"]

[member="FN-6767"]
Reword your description to match the videos you've posted and you're fine. The way you've described it makes it appear far more powerful than you are intending it to.

Nadja said:
[member="FN-6767"]
Reword your description to match the videos you've posted and you're fine. The way you've described it makes it appear far more powerful than you are intending it to.
Well yeah I intended it to be powerful and lethal though the description's wording might have amplified that, I've made some edits which I hope clarifies everything to be more palatable. And again I and nobody else can write another writer's characters taking hits or calling what kind of damage they do but I like to try and be descriptive and thorough when it comes to weapon and equipment function. The weapon will still dismember targets at close range as Blasters have been observed inflicting this kind of damage to the likes of poor C3PO here who gets blown away by Stormtroopers. But I also specified which areas of the body are most susceptible to this kind of damage hope that settles everything! :)

[member="Nadja"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom