Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuzzy Handcuffs (Kaileann Vera)

Allies: [member="Kaileann Vera"]

~

Poy woke up groggy and disorientated. There were bruises and some dried blood all over her body; she had shut down when the beating started. She saw another girl in the corner of her cell, slowly stirring into life. The Twi'lek crawled over to her, and in her widsom, she began to shake her awake gently. At least she would have another soul to talk to. "Wake up. Come on, wake up. My name is Poy Luroon. I am a pilot with the Galactic Alliance. How did you end up here?" she gently stroked her hair.

Poy stopped dead as she heard the footsteps of a guard walking past their cell; she did not have to worry, because the guard did not stop and check on the two. As the guard continued on his rounds, she sat down beside the girl and tried to rouse her more. Looking around, the Twi'lek tried to find an escape route from this hell hole; she had been here for several days now and hated this place with a passion. As she continued looking around at the cell, a plan began to formulate in her Lekku.

Don't you worry friend, I will try to find a way out of here for both of us...

@Poy Luroon

--ake up.

It was a gentle coaxing, but Kaile didn’t want to get up.

--’ome on.

A slight shake of a shoulder, but Kaile was out of it. Her nerves were deadened, her body worn out. She looked terrible. There were purple bags under her eyes, her hair was limp and barely covered her face. Soot and grime was scattered from head to toe, and there were dry tear trails down her cheeks.

Being unconscious was a blessing in disguise. It meant that she didn’t have to feel. That’s what happened when Bobo’s satchel was taken from her.

She felt everything.

Everyone. Colors. Smell. Taste. She could hear a pin drop, she could feel the rush of the airconditioning on her skin. It was painful. That utterly painful reconnection to the Force, taken from the Force neutral bubble of safety Bobo gave her.

Nausea had struck her as soon as the guards took Bobo away, and she puked up her Captain Crunch right on his boots. A small payback, but by then, everything hurt.

She thought she was getting better at it, but it still hit her like a sack of bricks. Or the hangover from the Nine Hells.

For now though, it would take just a little bit more to wake her. But she was slowly being drawn back to consciousness by a soft, pleading voice.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Poy pulled the unconscious girl into her lap and cradled her close and checked the girl over for any injuries. All that the Twi'lek remembered was that her X-Wing starfighter was brought down by some new Sith weapon and then she bailed out. The girl looked as if she had been in massive amounts of pain. Rumaging around in her flight suit, which the dumb prison guards had allowed her to keep, for some reason, she found a hypodermic revival ejector sewn into its right sleeve pocket and retrieved her escape kit from the left leg pocket. Poy located a vein and she gently pushed the ejector into the girl's skin and depressed it, sending a wave of adrenaline through her body. It should work within five minutes. Once the girl was conscious, they could start planning their escape from this hell. Poy threw the ejector down in the toilet and flushed it. "And this should get you up and about in no time," the Twi'lek whispered gently, silently watching over her fellow prisoner.

A guard came by and looked into the cell - he smirked as he saw the Twi'lek cradling the lifeless body of her fellow prisoner. It would soon be time for the Twi'lek to be dragged into the interrogation room for another round of beatings and questioning. As he moved on Poy hoped that they would both be far, far away from here before she was beaten to within an inch of her life for the third time in a row. "I know that you can hear me hun. I promise I will get both of us out here and back home..." tears began to fall down her cheeks - Poy wondered if her mother, and her younger sister, had been told that she was alive and well, but was being held prisoner by the First Order. They would be comforted knowing that she would receive an especially prepared care package in a few weeks time, and twice a week after that, to keep her sustained and cheerful.

@Poy Luroon

Adrenaline was a hell of a drug.

That juice went shooting through Kaile's veins, white hot and with a burn that would be enough to wake a Wookiee from his slumber. Conciseness came in painful degrees. The Force was a curious thing. Always there. Always waiting. In everything.

--know---n hear me hun.

Always ready to jump start you like thief with a five-finger discount and cracking wires.

I promise ---th of us out h---back ho--

A sharp gasp tore from the woman's throat, her eyes snapping wide open that they bulged. Oh, it hurt. Everything hurt. It was like pins and needles everywhere. She half noticed that she was in someone's arms, cradled close. All she could do was curl into a fetal position as every nerve seemed to be on fire, whimpering as she tried to gather her bearings.

Without Bobo, everything burned.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"I'm glad to see you're awake," Poy said quietly, holding the girl close to her. The Twi'lek hummed a lullaby and rocked her companion slowly; the lullaby was one that her mother would sing to her when she was a little girl and she found that it calmed her down when she was scared - being held prisoner was possibly the most scary experience Poy could be going through right now. "Once you are in the right state of mind, I have an idea to get us out of here," the Twi'lek had noticed the girl when she was brought in, and had seen a minature Ysalamir perched on her shoulder, before she was processed and thrown into the cell. He must be somewhere around here - that was the first step in the plan.

The guards looked dumb as rocks, so they would be easy to dupe and allow the two out of their cell for a short time; when the hooded Twi'lek had been brought in, her hearing went into overdrive, so she heard every little thing, and then also knew where most of the prison was, due to the guards' talking rather carelessly in front of their latest prisoner. They would pay dearly for their mistake in the future. Although she now had a partial map of the prison inside her brain, Poy needed to find a physical map of the rest and see if there was any way to move about without attracting any attention, such as if they used the halls and corridors. There must surely be a secret way of moving around inside this place.

"Guard!! Come quickly!!" Poy screamed at the top of her lungs, sending her voice bouncing all around the prison walls. Two guards rushed to the cell and they unlocked the door. "My fellow prisoner is not doing well. Let me see the doctor now!!" one of the guards said that he was not allowed to do so, but Poy seriously pulled rank on him - she was a Flight Lieutenant and he was a lowly Corporal, so he agreed. Picking up her fellow prisoner and carrying her in her arms, Poy and the guards made their way to the Medical Infirmary, which was located on the other side of their cell block; each block had its own doctor and team of nurses, who would attend to every medical need a prisoner might have.

The first guard punched in the code in the keypad and the door opened with a hiss. Poy stepped inside with her comrade and was left alone with the doctor. Poy lay the girl down on the bed and the doctor looked her over. "She is exhausted, the poor girl. I'll be right back," he said, as he left the office, and went with the two guards to his office to collect something to bring her around again. Poy heard the door lock and then she immediately began searching. The Twi'lek rumaged through the doctor's desk and found a folder on a creature that matched the one she had seen on the girl's shoulder. It was being held in quarantine until it was either put down or recovered enough to be sent to the girl.

Looking over at the bookcase, Poy wandered over and ran her fingers over some of the books and knocked on them. She pushed on them gently and a secret door opened. As soon as it opened, it seemed to lead in both directions. Footsteps were coming down the hall, so she shut the bookcase door and took her seat by the bed, waiting for the guards and doctor to return. At least she had found one possible way that would take them out of prison. The doctor brought over some smelling salts and it gradually brought the girl around. "Seems you two haven't eaten anything. I'll do my best to make sure you are looked after," was the good doctor in on their plan or was he following orders?

Only time would tell...

@Poy Luroon

Everything was a blur for Kaileann. All she could get was a vague sense that she had been carried. Where am I? Everything hurt, aches and pains everywhere. There was the beep of a machine. The beep, beep, beep resonating in her head, causing her to whimper.

She tried to open her eyes but found that she couldn't, and tried again. As if the effort exhausted her, she gave up. Gosh, I'm so tired... like she had the Rodian flu. She felt nauseated. Kaile tried to remember what had happened, how'd she'd gotten here, but all she could get was a sense of just terrible pain -- then the soft crooning voice and the gentle cafune of comfort.

Voices. She heard voices. Kurt? No, it wasn't Kurt. There was someone else there. Again, she attempted to lift her lashes and was rewarded with a thin slit of light. It was too bright, grimacing as she tried to turn away.

Her mouth opened, but she could only give a small croak.

"Wher..." her mouth felt as if it was stuffed with Belsavis cotton. "W-here am I?"

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"You are in the prison infirmary on Orx Vaxal," Poy crooned quietly, stroking the girl's hair gently. "I'm your new cell mate, Flight Lieutenant Poy Luroon, Black Squadron, Galactic Alliance Navy," the Twi'lek shielded the girl from the light, so she could open her eyes. The doctor sat down at his desk, and wrote out a dietary plan for the coming days; these two prisoners looked emaciated. He would definitely have a word, or two, about their condition with the prison commandant today. Poy intertwined her fingers with the girl's and mopped her brow with a damp towel - Poy silently hoped the doctor would not find out that she had rumaged through his files in the drawers.

Poy helped the girl sit up and she held onto her like grim death. "Would you be able to tell me your name?" the Twi'lek asked her cell mate, as she continued to care for her. The doctor said he was going to the cantina to get them something to eat - he often said that every prisoner, in his care, had the right to food, clothing, shelter, medical care, care packages and individual rights. "Thank you doctor," Poy said, as he left the two of them in the infirmary and went to retrieve some food. "And I think I've found out where your little companion is," she hoped this would bring her around and make her more talkative. "Once we are back to our usual selves, I will do my best to bring him to you, I promise you..."

Being a fighter pilot, Poy was known to sweet talk her way into getting spare parts for her X-Wing, thanks to her Twi'lek charms and using the natural female Twi'lek tool of seduction on the lowly logistics enlisted personnel to make sure these parts came quick smart. So this would not be any different - she would just be sweet talking some big, burly prison guards into letting her into the quarantine quarters to check up on the little creature, before whisking him away to his owner. The doctor returned with two trays of hot food. "I know it's not much, but this is what I managed to scrounge up after an argument with the cook," he put the trays on the table and Poy brought over a bowl of soup and a spoon.

"Come on lovely, you need to eat," Poy's stomach growled; she was stubborn and had always put others before herself every time. It was just how she was. Nibbling on a piece of bread, the nourishment flowed through her veins like caf and revitalised her tired and beaten body.

@Poy Luroon

"Bobo!?" that got Kaile's attention quickly, and she began to blink rapidly. Her voice was hoarse, but it was clear that the mention of the tiny ysalamiri was of clear importance to the young woman.

"You know where he's at!" she croaked out. She'd have asked for more details, her mind still clouded and confused. Why am I in prison? Was Kurt okay? It just all didn't make any sense. However, before she could ask more questions, a spoonful of food was brought to her lips. Brown eyes would dart from the Rutian over to the other fuzzy form.

Who was that? His clothing made Kaile think of a medic. Wait was he hospital staff? Prison staff? Should she even eat the food? But she was so worn out and tired that she couldn't fight it.

That spoonful of soup slipped past Kaile's lips and she ate it. She couldn't even remember the last time she ate.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"I do," Poy whispered into her ear. "Bobo is in the quarantine sector of the prison, up the other end. I have worked out a plan to get him. I will steal one of the good doctor's uniforms and bring him back to you," the Twi'lek fed the girl more soup and wiped her chin. "And then you will be together again," she looked over at the doctor and saw that he had a swipe card that allowed him entry into his office. She would have to somehow get it off him and then retrieve one of his spare sets of scrubs and a white coat and write a fake identification card and use it to gain access to the quarantine sector. "I will use his card to get into the staff quarters and borrow a doctor's outfit and go and find him," Poy told her quietly.

The doctor went over to the hat-stand and then removed his coat, placing it on one of the hooks. Poy saw something sticking out of an inside pocket - it was the spare swipe card. The doctor went back to his desk, and continued working on paperwork, so she crept over to that coat in silence and gently removed the swipe card, placing it inside one of her flight suit pockets and zipped it up securely. He had no idea what was going on, and Poy wanted it to stay that way. She walked back over to the girl and showed her the card and sat down, continuing to feed her nutritious soup. Glancing over at him, the doctor was engrossed in typing up medical reports and was completely unaware of the theft.

@Poy Luroon

It appeared that the Rutian had a plan. At least from what she could gather that was whispered to her. Was she a prisoner too? The doctor came back before she could ask any questions, but from what she could read in terms of intentions from the Twi'lek, she didn't mean any harm. In fact, everything seemed to be true.

"Okay." All she could do right now was try to get better. To feel her limbs and try to get her senses back. That was the trouble with feeling the Force again. She had been getting better at it, but it was still work. A lot of work. The Force was a curious thing.

Since she was overwhelmed with senses, she had to funnel out outside interference. Take things step by step. Whoever this was, the girl, seemed to be on her side and she had a plan.

The best thing is to stick with it.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"I will be right back," Poy whispered as she slowly approached the doctor. "Doctor, may I use the toilet in your office? The one in my cell is not working properly," the doctor stopped typing up his reports and looked at the Twi'lek and nodded. "Of course. I know you will not try to go off and run away, so you can go by yourself, but be back here as soon as you are finished. Is that clear?" Poy nodded and she winked at the girl before heading off down the hallway to the northern end of the prison, where his office was located. She slowly made her way there and then saw a doopr that had "Staff Only" on it in big red letters. Pulling out the swipe card, she put it up against the keypad and it turned green. The door opened with a hiss and the Twi'lek snuck into the locker room and found a spare pair of blue scrubs and a white coat. She also found a doctor's identification card on a table and some red lipstick as well; she used it on her lips and triangulated spots, transforming herself.

Poy emerged from the staff room, locked the door behind her, and walked towards the quarantine section, trembling in her shoes. She got up to the door and told a guard she was here to check on the creature. "I am here to see if the creature is doing better," the guard opened up the door and walked behind her. She could see Bobo in his cage and put a finger to her lips to quiet him. She knelt down and opened up his cage and looked him over - Bobo was doing good and now it was time to spirit him away. "He is doing fine. I will be taking him to his owner," as she said it, the guard stood in front of her, baring her from leaving. "I cannot allow that - " the guard was stopped in mid sentence with a swift kick between his legs and he was then thrown against the wall of the quarantine room, knocking him out cold. Poy tucked Bobo into one of those internal pockets, grabbed his bag and locked the door behind her, changing the code to an unknown number, leaving the guard trapped.

"Let's get you back to your owner," Poy quickly walked back to the staff room, opened the door, changed out of the doctor's clothing, got into her flying suit and boots, put Bobo into her right lower leg pocket and zipped him up. She removed the lipstick and casually walked back over to the infirmary and enterred. "Welcome back," the doctor replied, as he shut down his computer and said that he was just going to the cafe to grab a spot of lunch, so he told the two girls to stay here, and not move. As he got up and left, he locked the door behind him. Poy made sure it was truly locked, before pulling Bobo out of her pocket, and showing the girl the carrying bag she had managed to acquire as well from the quarantine room. "It didn't take too much. I just had to knock out a guard. He should be out cold for the next six hours or so..." she said with a grin and placed the creature in the girl's hands and sat down by her, watching and waiting to see what would happen when she realised.

@Poy Luroon

Things were starting to clear up for Kaile.

The thing about being with Bobo was this. Kaile didn’t really have any family, and while she made many friends throughout the years, her job status as a sleeper agent meant she rarely ever got to meet them. It was a life much similar to that of a traveling salesman. Going from one place to another, blending in, and doing so through long term embedding.

When Kaile found Bobo during that raid, she fell instantly in love. Her protective instincts kicked on overdrive, and while his very nature would null the Force around the Knight, she considered it worth it. He was her bestest friend in the entire ‘Verse. Smart as a whip and just as affectionate as a cat.

It had been almost ten years of wandering around with Bobo, and a lot of it was trial and error with going in and out of the Force Null bubble. It was painful to suddenly feel the Force, much like having an arm fall asleep then suddenly letting the circulation back in. A pins and needles effect.

It used to be a lot worse - alot worse but she managed to slowly start to build a better resistance. This episode, right here right now, made it evident that she really needed to work on it more.

They say that Luke Skywalker spent a lifetime trying to discern if he was able to use the Force within a ysalamiri’s bubble. Conjecture could say it went either way. At the very least, being able to build up that resistance so that her body wasn’t in such shock was going to have to be a priority.

This meant that she would have to tell Kurt. And soon. She didn’t want him to find out in the way that it did now.

… wherever this was.

So when Poy brought Bobo back, it was an instant relief. Overwrought with emotion, Kaile couldn’t help but glance up at the Rutian with tearfilled eyes.

She clutched Bobo close.

“Thank you.”

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Poy heard footsteps sprinting past the infirmary and heard loud yelling at a locked door - the guards must have noticed their companion was missing from his post. "Let's see how long it takes for them to open the door..." she said with a smirk. The doctor came back and he saw the creature in the girl's hands. "How?!" the doctor exclaimed rather angrily and wondered how it had escaped from the secure quarantine.

"He must have escaped from the quarantine when someone opened the door. I remember seeing a blue Twi'lek with red lips and dots, and in a doctor's outfit, approaching the quarantine and opening it," as she told the doctor the story of seeing the Twi'lek doctor go into quarantine and then emerge with the creature, he became more enraged and he finally got on the comlink and told the guards to hunt her down.

It wasn't the Jedi mind trick, her sister Talik could perform that much better, but it worked - she had implanted a thought into the doctor, and he fell for it hook, line and sinker. "Alright then, I will escort you back to your cell," the doctor said, still seething over the incident. She helped the girl to her feet and picked up her bag and guided her back to their cell and the doctor told them the prison would be going into lockdown.

Until they could find the Twi'lek doctor, who had seemingly abandoned her duties and decided to help some prisoners, everyone would be in their cells for the time being. This order was broadcast to the entire prison. Poy knew many prisoners would hate it, but it had to be done, to help her cellmate. As their cell door shut, a wave of relief washed over Poy - she had performed a small miracle and the first of many here.

@Poy Luroon

The door gave a slight hiss as it was shut.

In that moment Kaile would slide down the wall and crouch down into a half sitting position. Her head would find support against the cool wall, and she was feeling worn out somethin' fierce.

"Just what happened?" she would ask the Rutian, still a bit dazed. Bobo clung to her and she couldn't seem to stop stroking him. It was like a nervous tick, she had to. Whether it was more for her or for her lizard friend, it was up to debate. Either way, it helped calm the Lorrdian.

"Where are we?" her voice cracked.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

"Well, I knocked out a prison guard and they are running around trying to find a mystery doctor who illegaly took Bobo from his cage and they are going to possible execute her when they find her," Poy said with a smrik, happy with how she had gone on this fiirst step to their escape and feeling nothing but contempt for the prison guards who were now running around the entire complex looking for a fake doctor.

"Now, all we need to do it try and find a way out of here and back to friendly lines, if there are any around here," the Twi'lek said, as she got working on step two of her plan. She would try and find a suitable escape route and would, slowly, but surely, work out how they could get there without being detected and then breaking out from the prison in the same manner - as quietly as her plan was coming together.

[member="Poy Luroon"]

Kaile registered that bit of information. Okay, things were starting to become a bit more clearer. She was still hurting a bit, and it felt as if her body was just getting over that pins and needles effect.

"How often do the guards change?" her mind was already starting to notice things. If Poy said she had a plan, then this was good. They could work together and get out of this place.

Big brown eyes would drift up to meet the large ones of the cerulean Twi'lek. "What can I do to help?" Did she know anything about the facility? What else did she learn from the doctor?

Where there other prisoners?

Who was the one who locked them up here?

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

“When I first arrived here, a week or so ago, and being hooded, except when I was in my cell, I heard the guards changing over every three hours or so. The guards would meet up and then I would hear them go into the guard-room that is located near the main entrance to the prison,” Poy had learnt a lot during her time incarcerated here and had retained plenty of information.

“And from what I could gather, there are other prisoners located here, and I’ve heard them interacting with the guards. And we can try to sneak out of our cell and see how far we can get before the guards come back, so we would have to be back before they resume their patrols,” The Twi’lek let a grin come across her face and was anxious to try out her plan and see if it worked.

[member="Poy Luroon"]

So there were others here! Now who where they?

Kaile nibbled more on her lower lip, her face a bit fretful. The slash of her dark brows shot forward, thinking, mind racing. Okay, okay. Plan in motion.

Looking at Poy again, she followed up with, "How did you manage to sneak out to begin with?" was security that lax? Did that mean that there were few guards to begin with?

The Lorrdian took in all of this information. She had some cybernetic implants that would help her not get seen by scanners.. and the fact she COULD walk through shields was also a big plus.

They just had to plan this right.

[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Poy grinned at the girl. “The guards here are very lax. I managed to get out of my cell and through to the cafeteria and back again before they knew that I’d managed to get out. It seems they are only focused on getting paid, and often have lengthy patrol routes, leaving more than enough time for someone to get out of their cell and away. The security cameras here are not the best, so they often go on the blink for sometime, letting you get past undetected...” She had more ideas flowing through her head and Poy would try them all out later on.

“Why don’t we give it a try right now?!!” Poy took the girl by the hand and went up to the door of the prison infirmary. The blue Twi’lek used the stolen master swipe card, and opened it up. Gripping the girl’s hand tight, she led her down the main corridor and they ducked into an alcove, as a guard came by. When he passed by, the pair went back out into the corridor and Poy took her out to the cafeteria, which was empty. “Now can you see?” she asked the girl, as the pair went down a long corridor that was lined with dull cells on either side.

“This is the easiest prison I have ever been in by the way,” Poy said with a low chuckle, as she retraced their route, returned to the infirmary, and then locked the door behind them, waiting for the doctor to return from his rounds.

[member="Poy Luroon"]

"Right now?" Kaile's eyes would grow wide. What if others came in? Kaile couldn't sense anything. Were the camera's really that bad? Poy brough Kaile to her feet, but the Lorrdian was still a bit wary.

It couldn't be that easy... Could it?

Was this a trap? What if they were being watched? Kaile was quickly starting to bite her lower lip until she tasted blood, worrying it so.

"Okay..." she said cautiously, following the Rutian down the corridor. Once they reached the medical bay, things got a bit weird.

"What do we do?"

She took a look around, glancing from one end of the med bay to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom