Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Finding You Here

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He squeezed her gently. "Yeah."

There was a deep sadness in his tone, but also a bit of force. He said what he said, and he meant it, all of it, everything that he had told her. It was a big step for him, a move forward, and perhaps in time she would be able to change him even further. For now however they would continue to live their lives, they would press on until their paths met once again, though Kurt intended to shift his path directly into hers soon. A smile pulled at his lips, his arms gently slipping away from the small of her back and onto her neck again.

Kurt tilted her head upward, his lips pressing against hers for a good long while before he slowly pulled back.

"Don't forget to call." His voice remained steady. "You know where I'll be."

Somewhere in the stars, somewhere in that galaxy.

Always available.

Jamie's heart skipped a beat in that moment, his lips against hers. He would feel her hands tremble against his back, not wanting to let go. Her eyes looked longingly up at him, taking in his every feature for one last time before she'd have to leave. She began a sort of nervous bounce with her feet, kissing him again, and then again, and again, before pushing herself back and away. Jamie knew if she didn't force herself away she would never go, purposefully miss that ship, and then stay with him.

"I won't forget. I promise." She never made promises she wouldn't keep. No matter what she would always find a way.

Her feet carried her back a few steps, still watching him, her eyes fixated on those adorable baby blues, that scruffy face and cute smile. She lifted a hand and wiggled her fingers as a goodbye, smiling back at him. "Bye." Turning then she scurried off down towards the ship, looking back every few steps at him, nearly running into other people, at one point almost tripping over someone that had been sitting at a bench. Embarrassing.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt just stood there. He wanted to go after her, go with her maybe, but he knew that was stupid. So instead he just stood where he was, watching. Eventually his hand managed to find the railing in front of him, his arm wrapping around it as he leaned to the side and simply watched Jamie walk towards the transport. A sad smile pulled across his lips as he watched her nearly trip and fall over a bench, a slight chuckle parting from his throat.

He shook his head.

The Courier had only known Jamie for a short time, had only spent a night with her, but the connection he felt for her, the want, the need to have her and be with her was strong. Watching her go pressed a sort of desperation in him, a sadness and wanting that he couldn't quite understand. Perhaps it was the fear of being alone, the cowardice at the thought of once again being on the run with nothing and no one.

Yet the realization hit him that he did have someone.

He had Kaile, and he had Jamie, even if she was a world away.

Jamie made it to the ship and was luckily able to purchase a ticket, even had a few left over credits to spend once she'd reached Cartao! Though Keira had informed her that she'd not have to pay anything to stay with her, and everything would more or less be taken care of so long as she was Jamie's teacher. That was a massive relief, especially now that the realization was that she'd no longer have access to funds from her parents. At least not until she returned home to explain everything, and hopefully be forgiven.

From a distance Jamie spun around while standing in line to look for where Kurt was, and after a minute or so of tracing her steps she found him leaned over watching her. A small, desperate smile cast across her face. She wanted to leave him on a happy note. All things considered she felt she'd done that. Jamie wasn't entirely sure what this all meant for the two of them, but it was certainly better than any other possible outcome she could have imagined, and was certainly better than when she had arrived at the spaceport, intent on leaving and never seeing him again.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Kurt offered her a wave, a small one accompanied by a smile.

There was a sadness to it, but he knew that this was for the better. If Jamie would have stayed with him she would have been miserable. She wasn't meant for his life on the run, she was meant to do better, greater things than he ever could. She had the will, the power, and the skill to go far, farther than he ever could.

Thought that didn't meant she couldn't stop by every now and again.

A smirk crossed his lips at that thought. "Go on. You'll see me soon."

She wouldn't be able to heard that, but the words made himself feel better, made him more confident. His smile turned into a grin, his hand curling as he offered her one last wave before she got on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom