Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny Finding You Here

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Well that had been an interesting trip to Naboo.

Things hadn't gone exactly as planned, in fact things hadn't gone at all like he had thought they would. The mission had actually been rather simple, more than simple in fact. He'd been tasked with delivering a simple box, a small package no bigger then his hand. The delivery had been to a rather ornate palace on Naboo, just outside Theed. Everything had gone well, in fact he'd even seen a few sights before going, once he got to the palace...well things had fallen apart rather quickly.

The package, apparently, had contained a gift for a girl that lived at the palace, or used to live there anyway. When Kurt had arrived it had apparently been in the middle of a frantic search for said girl. Her parents had no idea where she had gone and half of Theed's police had been there to investigate the situation. Of course when Kurt had arrived they had immediately thought him some sort of suspect. The package had been seized from his hand and he had immediately been placed in cuffs. Of course eventually everything had been cleared up, the box containing a simple firegem necklace and Kurt not having anything to do with the girls disappearance.

Still, he had spent nearly two hours in lock up.

It was a good thing that Kaile was off on another one of her little missions, otherwise she likely would've tried to break him out of jail or something.

The whole experience had been rather annoying, and in the end the girls parents had paid him without tip and instead handed him a photo of their daughter in case he 'ran into her'. Of course such a thing was utterly ridiculous, the girl was either dead, kidnapped, or somewhere in the galaxy that no one could find her. Kurt running into her on his travels was about as likely as a Bantha learning to fly.

Preposterous really.

The pilot shook his head, running a hand through his hair as he stepped off the ramp of the ship and walked towards the central hub of the station.

The first trip away from Naboo was proving to be interesting. Clothes she wore made her stand out from the crowd in a rather blatant way. It spoke of wealth in abundance. Not that she flaunted it, she had simply been accustomed to such living since childhood, and hadn't the inclination that perhaps the rest of the galaxy was not as fortunate when it came to matters of credits, dress, and the like. Jamie tucked herself into a corner booth of the diner to avoid displaying herself to the less tactful patrons. The girl's shoulder length blonde hair was curled, lifted, and clasped in the back. She wore a vibrant purple dress that wrapped at the neck, leaving the back open. Her lips were bright red, signature lipstick she'd always worn. One might think she had been on her way to a gala, or something similar, hardly so. She simply had grown used to dressing proper for any occasion.

Her attention was grabbed by a rather loud-mouthed rodian. She didn't understand the dialect, but his words were clearly spoken in anger. A glass shattered, and blasters were drawn. A human, togruta, and chiss all pointed at one another. It looked as though the rodian and chiss were together, but it was unclear as to the relationship between the human and togruta. The diner went silent as the four squared off.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He let out a whistle.

It wasn't every day that you got a spectacle like that. Four blasters had been drawn within a heartbeat, each one pointing at another man and each one with their safety off. It was quite a sight, more so because each and every person behind those blasters looked like they knew how to use them. A Rodian, a Chiss, a Human, and a Togruta. It sounded like the start of a bad joke, though Kurt couldn't really think of one at the moment. He hadn't quite expected this when he stepped into the diner, in fact he suspected that no one within had.

His eyes slowly wandered around the room, bright blue slowly panning from person to person.

Kurt saw fear, he saw surprised, and he sa-

He shook his head from side to side for a moment, as if he was trying to shake a blur from his vision. A second later he resettled his gaze, his eyes falling on a girl tucked away in the back of the diner. It took him a moment, but recognition slowly dawned within his mind. Lips thinned, and slowly he pulled the small datapad from his pocket. A few swipes of the screen and an image appeared, the picture that he had been given back on Naboo. "Kark."

The word was barely a whisper, but it caught the attention of one of the four within the stand off. The Rodian glanced his way, eyes locking into the former Navy Pilot.

The attention in the room briefly shifted to the gentleman that had come through the door right when the scuffle had been initiated. Jamie caught him staring over at her before he began looking something up using a device in his hand. Something was odd, or out of place. Four individuals with blasters trained on one another, followed by a man entering the diner that distinctly inspected her with a familiar gaze, all before staring down at something on a datapad - Had her parents put a bounty on her to return her to Naboo when she had fled? That seemed rather extreme.

Then the Rodian turned to Kurt, shouting something in the same dialect she was unfamiliar with. Then came the shooting. All four began firing at one another, taking cover behind tables, chairs, and other patrons. The human male was shot through the chest where a mess of blood filled the floor beside his body. Jamie shrieked, pushing the table she sat at over and in front of her, for the sheer sake of having a miniscule amount of protection in the chaos that began to unravel.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Kark." The word left his lips again, though by that time blaster bolts had already begun to fly.

He hadn't expected to walk into something like this, hadn't expected anything like this in fact. Embarrassingly the blaster he usually carried strapped to his thigh had been left on his ship, so when the Rodian turned and the others opened fire, Kurt could only dive for the nearest table. He came down with a sudden loud crash and bang, wood splintering under his weight as the screech of a woman tore through the diner. His skin crawled as he smelled the singing of flesh, his eyes darting over towards where he had seen the girl.

Red Blaster bolts soared through the diner, flying through the air and biting into wood, skin, and metal.

The Tatooine native began to swear to himself, cursing as he moved to his hands and knees to begin a slow crawl over towards the corner of the diner.

"Don't be a hero Kurt." He said to himself as he moved along the wall. "You're just an ordinary guy, nothing else."

Screams flooded the place as stray blaster bolts went wild. Jamie remained tucked between booth and table until the room went silent. Many ran out during the chaos, others who were less fortunate were caught in the crossfire lay dead on the ground. The employee behind the counter had been frozen in place out of fear throughout the ordeal, and somehow had managed to escape the situation unharmed. When all was said and done, three of the four assailants were lying dead on the ground, though the Rodian was suspiciously absent. It seemed as though he had managed to escape fate.

Jamie peeked her head up from behind the table, catching the eye of [member="Kurt Meyer"] as she did. Still worried of his intent from that earlier gaze the girl stood up and stepped quickly over the table and began to run towards the exit, hoping to avoid contact with the man, and whatever possible reason for his recognizing her. A look of disgust and fear was plastered all over her face as she stepped light and fast over the bodies as she made her way to the door and outside, where a crowd had already began to gather.

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Oh, she was running.

Delightful.

He hadn't wanted this, hadn't expected it, hadn't needed it. In fact Kurt wasn't entirely sure why he was doing it in the first place. Perhaps it was out of that odd sense of duty and justice that the Navy had instilled in him, or perhaps it was because it pained him to see her parents so brokenhearted. Or maybe he'd been listening to Kaile too much. Either way, as soon as he saw her book it Kurt began to spin, he stood, a blaster bolt flying half an inch from his face.

"Hey!" He shouted, though at whom was hard to tell.

Shoulder checking the doors at full force was likely unnecessary though she was in a bit of a hurry to escape the calamity that had just gone down a few feet from her face. The doors swung open, nearly tearing from their hinges, more so due to the damage incurred on the building by the blaster fire moments prior than her body weight. Though as the doors tore open she heard someone shout out toward her. Jamie paused, turned her head and gave a sort of confused why are you still in there!? expression to Kurt. Even if he wasn't a part of that little tussle the authorities would certainly detain him for investigation and reports if he stuck around much longer.

Sirens started to sound off from a short distance away. Her eyes rolled, "Great." She waived for Kurt to move. "Come on, move your ass. We need to go before they show up."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Well, he wasn't about to say no.

Kurt had his fill of being arrested for the next few months. Naboo was fine as far as authority figures went, but Trade Stations? They didn't particularly care who you were or what your business was, they would arrest you, take your ship, seize your cargo, then let you rot away while they 'sorted it all out'. He really didn't want to get stuck here, so when the girl stopped and waved for him to get his move on Kurt pulled himself fully upright and broke into a sprint.

He managed to jump over a body or two, bounding over the struggling Rodian who seemed to have gotten shot in the lower abdomen. Kurt made a face for half a moment, then came to a sliding stop right outside the door of the diner.

Almost immediately he wrapped and arm around the girls waist, taking hold of her and turning her away from the door. His step broke into a normal walking pace and Kurt began to lead Jamie towards another section of the Trade Station. Right behind him a wave of armored security troops crashed through the crowd, storming into the Diner with weapons raised and shouts echoing through the now, more empty space.

Before the girl had a moment to interject to the sudden and forced embrace she had been spun 180 degrees around and tugged along just as the security force came storming through. A nervous yet relieved sigh escaped her as they walked slowly away from the scene. The station, though large, was easy enough to navigate through, even for someone like her who had never been off Naboo. As they walked she politely, though firmly removed his hand from her waist. She still had no idea who he was, or what he even wanted with her. But he had looked at her, a look that told her there was something more there than just a passing glance. She wanted to know what that was.

"Okay. So what's your deal? Why are you here? And what do you want with me?" She stopped, turning herself to face him and look him over cautiously. "I saw the look you gave me earlier, before -" she gestured with her hands in a rather large arch, implying the shootout "all that. Why?" He didn't look much like a bounty hunter. He wasn't built like one, and she didn't see a blaster at his side, and he certainly was no soldier or Jedi, hiding like she had back there. She didn't recognize him at all, and his clothes weren't that of nobility, so she was genuinely puzzled by him.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Well, Miss Pyne." He threw some extra emphasis on her name for the all the trouble. "I'm here because this is one of the largest Trade Stations near Naboo."

It was, owned by Arceneau Trade Company of course.

That particular corporation was everywhere, and since it was from his own world Kurt always felt an odd draw when it came to the places. Often he would choose an ATC trade station over another random one even if it was a bit farther away. Partly it was because of quality, but mostly he thought it was simply because he missed home. Tatooine might have been a ball of dust and dirt, but it was still home. "And I don't want anything with you, but your parents sure do."

Man, that had been an ordeal.

The Girls mother had been a bubbling, crying mess and her father had been rather livid the entire time. Kurt wouldn't have wanted to walk back in there for a hundred credits. Then he circled around to her other question, his head turning slightly towards the diner. "And I have no idea what that was about. Don't speak Rodian."

This was getting weird. So he was here for her, but still hadn't answered why he was here for her. But now she had even more questions that she wanted answers for.

"How do you know my parents? I've never met you before." She looked him over, more closely. "I'm sure of it." She'd only been left Naboo a short time ago, how had he managed to track her down? "You still haven't told me just how you found me, and I wasn't asking why you're here on the station. I was asking why are you here looking for me? Are you some kind of private investigator?"

There was no way in hell she was going back to Naboo now, not when she was just discovering herself and her abilities. Not when she had come so far already. Not when there was still so much to do, and so much to see. No. She wasn't going back, that was for sure.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He slowly put his hands up, a proclamation of innocents.

"I was at your parents house just a day ago." He began to slowly explain. "I'm a courier. I was delivering a package to your house. I got there and your parents had me arrested for kidnapping you."

Kurt offered her an accusing glance.

He obviously hadn't kidnapped her, nor had he ever heard of the girl before the incident. It was odd how the rich acted around these situations, so self involved. Even now she made everything about herself, hadn't even asked if he'd been shot or anything during the incident in the diner. He supposed that it was part of their upbringing. Maybe that was why he never hung around these sorts of folk.

Yeah that was definitely the reason.

The teenager let out a rather sudden burst of laughter as Kurt mentioned being arrested for kidnapping her. She tried to hold it in, truly tried. It was simply impossible to do so. It was just too ironic for her not to laugh. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't laugh, I'm sure it wasn't entertaining to you." Her body shook with another tremor of laughter desperately trying to escape but this time was held back. "I fled Naboo without their blessing. I don't intend on returning until what I left for is done."

She wasn't exactly going to reveal to some stranger that she was capable of using the Force when she barely understood it herself, and had no weapon to both defend herself with, or to display. "You know my name already, what's yours?" She assumed he was alright given that he wasn't wailing in pain or bleeding all over the ground as they walked. He was a big boy and could take care of himself. There certainly wasn't anything she could do for him. She was no doctor, and this place was alien to her. About all she had on her was the clothes she took and some credits she stole from her family.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He stood there, silently indignant at her laughter.

In hindsight the situation was rather amusing, but Kurt didn't quite see the humor in it yet.

As far as he was concerned this girl had nearly gotten him killed twice now, well, arrest once and killed the second time. It was his guess that the four men in the diner had been bounty hunters, or perhaps contractors who had seen the bounty on the girls head, from there they had argued about who exactly would take her home and get the reward. It was a plausible theory, though without knowing more about any of them it was just that, a theory.

"My name is Kurt." Not a common name. "Kurt Meyer."

If she had been from Tatooine she probably would have recognized it, though being cursed of Naboo birth would mean she'd likely never even see a pod race before.

"I see." She gave a clearly awkward smile. That kind of smile she gave to people when she wasn't quite sure what else to say. She felt it coming, that awkward silence. Oh how she hated the awkward silence.

Say something, Jamie. Don't just stare at the karking guy.

"It's nice to meet you." Oh, that's great. Why don't you mention how nice looking the station is next?

She fidgeted, trying to find a comfortable place to settle her hands while adjusting her hair slightly away from her face. Finally she settled on holding onto her right arm with her left hand. "What was it you were bringing to Naboo for them anyway? I'm curious." She offered him a bashful gaze, feeling rather responsible for his recent misfortune including near-death and arrest.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

He shifted slightly, his hand coming up to scratch the back of his head.

This was a bit of an awkward subject. The package had apparently been some kind of gift for Jamie herself, Kurt had figured it was a celebration of her birthday or maybe graduation from something. He'd never really learned much about Naboo traditions, but it had been clear to him that the box had been a gift for her for some reason.

"It was a gift." He said slowly. "For you, apparently."

He still remembered her mothers reaction to opening it.

That thought made him cringe.

The girl seemed a bit taken back by the revelation that the gift was for her, specifically. Her thoughts then drifted to her family back home and to the sorrow she had brought upon them simply to satisfy her desire to learn the Force. For a moment she felt the guilt she had fought so hard to suppress, believing truthfully that this was for the best. After all, they would have forbidden her to leave Naboo, believing that her place was by their side, following the life of politics.

She choked a bit on the words as she spoke. "Wha- What was it? The gift?"

Looking over to Kurt she bit her lower lip, leaning herself against the corner of another building on the station, almost afraid to hear what it was that had been for her.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Yep.

Just as awkward as he had thought it would be.

A part of him regretted even bringing this up, a part of him thought that maybe he should have just stuck to his own business and left the girl alone. It certainly would have been less of a pain in the ass for him, less trouble. Maybe Kaile was wearing off on him. His roommate had a tendency to do good, which wasn't really a bad thing, but if you did too many good things people began to think of you as a hero, which wasn't what Kurt was.

He was just a guy.

"It was a necklace." Kurt told her, not being able to help himself. "Firegem, pretty really, but those things can be dangerous."

With a sigh Jamie raised her hand to her face, rubbing her eyes. She dropped her head back against the wall and looked up at nothing in particular. It would have been so much easier if she just hadn't met Kurt. Now she was filled with guilt and regret for not having said a word before leaving Naboo. She knew her parents wouldn't understand, so she took it upon herself to leave without notice. She hurt the people she cared most for out of selfishness. Was it worth it in the end? Right now she didn't know. She'd hoped that whatever she made of herself her family would be proud, and with a little luck maybe they would forgive her in the end.

"It must have been for ranking first in the tournament last week." She dropped her hand back to her side and looked over at Kurt. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

Jamie was uncertain what to do about the situation, if she contacted her family they would send people after her to bring her home. She couldn't risk that right now. She'd only just left; Only just started her training. Throwing that away now would be the deepest regret of her life. Still, she felt as though she owed Kurt something for tall the problems she'd unknowingly caused him back on Naboo. Opening her small purse she somehow managed to hold on to through the fray she took out a chip with around 200 credits on it and handed it to Kurt. "It's not much, but I don't exactly have a limitless income anymore." It was likely that her accounts had been frozen by her parents when she fled, so whatever was in her purse was probably all she had left.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom