Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun times burning stuff. (Corsairs attack on Shadow Academy on Umbara.)

@Je'gan Olra'en

In a Jedi Starfighter, en route to an assignment. Darron Wraith received a communication from Je'gan Olra'en. Marked urgent, the Jedi Master quickly patched it through. His friends voice echoed in the small cockpit, but he couldn't help but snort in laughter at what he heard.

"You've got to be kidding me. Someone authorized a pirate attack on the Sith in exchange for Republic vessels. Give me the coordinates and I'll reroute from where I'm heading now. Did Master Syn authorize this? If so the Council needs to convene."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"Thank you for verifying that this was not sanctioned by the Republic, Chancellor. Not that I had any doubts. But please, stay with the holocall as long as your schedule permits."

@[member="Darron Wraith"]

"We don't know yet whether he authorized it. Whoever hired the pirates identified himself as Master Syn, and I glimpsed his face in the pirate leader's mind. It may have been an impersonator -- this may be a top-quality false flag operation. But a holographic convening may have to suffice. Sending you the data."

@Je'gan Olra'en

The data arrived, and pulled up on his view-screen.

"This is some dark stuff brother, if it appears legitimate to you. Then there's only a minute chance it wasn't Master Syn. It's your decision GrandMaster, but this needs to be handled immediately. I suggest we convene, get to the bottom of it now . Had this attack happened, could you image the ramifications on the Order and the Republic?"

Ah, things were going so well too.

Josh meanwhile, had just spent the day with his girlfriend and son for once. A rare day away from constant training, and suddenly... Bam. He had been called for a conference holocall with the Council.

".... What?" was his only reaction, quietly as he heard the news. The Jedi listened carefully as Aleidis patched in, and Je'gan began conversation with Darron Wraith.

"This is fishy" Josh said. "But if it's true... These are some dark times indeed" he said, shaking his head. "Master Syn has done some god awful things in the past... But this? This is borderline treason"

@[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Let's not be hasty, gentlemen," said Je'gan. "There is, as yet, no concrete proof. We need to talk to Master @[member="Syn"]. If it transpires that this was him, of course, he'll be up for criminal charges in the Republic, and we'll need to honor Grandmaster Watts' last decision. We would need to re-table the motion to expel him from the Council. If this is true, an expulsion from the Jedi Order might be appropriate as well. I dislike when circumstances give me dark thoughts, gentlemen. Let's hope this is resolved."

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Darron Wraith"]

"Borderline? Like fun. It's treason." Aleidis insisted. "I don't want to think that Master Syn could do such a thing, but if he has, he's to be arrested and brought to trial." She grumbled. "Expulsion from the Order is fine for a Jedi crime, but offering Republic Military ships for an attack on Republic land is entirely a crime for the federal courts." Aleidis rubbed the bridge of her nose and took a long, deep breath to try and steady her nerves.

"...just, detain him. Question him. If all this is true, then we'll need to address it. If it's a false-flag, then I want to the bottom of it. Either way, somebody is being held responsible."

Josh sighed. This entire thing was giving him a karking headache. He moved the holocaller to his chambers quickly, sealing himself away so he could continue this without waking Kobe.

"I want to believe Syn is innocent, I really do" he said, sighing. "But if it's true... Then you're right, expulsion from the order and putting him on trial is the thing to do" he added, shaking his head at this entire situation.

"This isn't something to take lightly. A Jedi Master, a member of the Jedi Council to boot.... Betraying the Republic to pay pirates with capital Republic ships to attack one of our worlds... This is huge, gentlemen and fair maiden" he said solemnly. "All we can do is detain him and question him. Does anyone know his location now?"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]
@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Further reports came up, courtesy of the Shepherd's comm networks.

"Masters, I've just received word that the Ravenshyde has recently arrived on Tython, but there is no word from Master @[member="Syn"] and no sign of him anywhere. Other vessels have since left that area of Tython; he may have left the planet. Umbara orbital control reports a vessel matching the Ravenshyde's arguably nondescript description meeting with the pirate fleet in this system, and a departure time consistent with the Ravenshyde's arrival on Tython. If the pirate hadn't reported his employer, we'd never have known. It's a fairly generic ship. Nevertheless, as Master Syn is not responding to hail requests, his ship was recently used, a ship of the same description was spotted here at Umbara before the attack, the pirate identified him by name, and the pirate's mind revealed Syn's face... I'm issuing a detain-on-sight Jedi warrant for Syn and, barring the introduction of exculpatory evidence, I'm convening the Council via holocomm to rule on Grandmaster Watts' last act. Now, I shelved that proposed vote to strip Syn of his Council membership, but it has become clear that he has not learned his lesson. I move and vote that he be removed from the Jedi Council and from the rolls of the Jedi Order, unless further evidence comes forth to exonerate him."

Josh raised an eyebrow, not happy with this new information....

But it all made sense. There was too much evidence against Syn, Je'gan had even seen his face in the minds of the pirates... Not to mention Syn wasn't responding to hail requests... Josh desperately wanted to believe Syn was innocent, despite everything he had done... Despite sneaking himself into the head of the Council, despite hitting on Aleidis, despite trying to allow Je'gan to murder his Master, despite trying to take the Council's decision for himself to get what he wanted, despite Omega Pyre, despite Josh watching him beat on a Padawan out of rage, despite his constant selfishness and disdain for others... Somewhere in Josh's heart, the final pings of naivity that Josh still had tugged at him, desperately wanting to believe a man he once called his friend innocent....

But everyone had to grow up sometime.

As much as he hated to admit it, it was very likely that Syn had been the one to orchestrate this betrayal against the Republic and Jedi. Heartbroken and betrayed, the Jedi Knight stared down at the ground, hiding his face under the bangs of hair that had grown out. With everything that had gone on lately, a haircut was the last thing on Josh's mind, despite his girlfriend's somehow sayings despite being blind that he needed one along with Kobe. With his hair over his eyes, the world grew dark in his field of vision, and he took advantage of that moment of nothingness in his vision to relax and embrace the force as he always had....

"..... Yes, Grandmaster" he responded, flipping the hair out of his eyes, a glum and hurt expression crossing his face. As much as he hated to arrest Syn, of all people... If it was likely he was responsible for all of this, he would do what was best for the Jedi, despite his personal feelings on the matter. His thoughts drifted to the days spent training under Syn, the man who had freed him from Pinewrap's influence. And now, he would have to repay him by arresting him, and most likely overseeing his expulsion...

And then finally, he shoved them away. Duty had to come first, no matter the cost. His eyes stayed on the screen as he waited for the responses of the Council, as well as for anymore instructions by the new Grandmaster.

@Je'gan Olra'en
@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

There was little more he could add to the matter, so as it stood Wraith simply spoke one word. With it, he carried no emotion, just an informed decision. Even one as painful as this.

"Yes."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @Je'gan Olra'en @[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Then it's settled with a unanimous vote. Chancellor @[member="Aleidis Ijet"], Syn is no longer a member of the Jedi Council or the Jedi Order. It is my opinion that sufficient evidence exists to justify a charge of treason under Republic law, and the Order will assist Republic law enforcement on this matter when requested."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom