Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun times burning stuff. (Corsairs attack on Shadow Academy on Umbara.)

@[member="Vice"] @[member="Trox"] @[member="Mirshen"] @[member="Jar'varkh"] @Will Vanzea

Aedan Miles sat in the command chair of the Dragon's Roost his eyes focused as he grinned darkly a call for work had gone out by the man who had gotten him absolved from his War Crimes and now the Corsairs were on the move to burn and capture A Umbran Shadow Academy on a republic world. If they did this successfully they would be getting quite a few useful items. For now he had the Corsairs preparing to move out to deal with this issue. He activated his holonet connection sending a message to @[member="Syn"] from the seat of his command chair. "Master Syn this is Captain Miles of the Corsair Brotherhood we are about to begin the attack that you requested. I look forward to speaking to you in person about our success." Leaving hyperspace behind him were a pair of banshee-class Carriers all fighters replaced with shuttles and packed full of his Cragmoloid army. Also behind them was a prison ship to carry any prisoners that the Corsairs picked up. He opened a channel to the Corsairs who were there with him. "Corsairs this is your leader Aedan Miles now you know why we are here. Each of you has command of 1200 of the Cragmoloid troopers. Our goals are capture of the people in this Shadow Academy, Razing the archives here, and burning the remains of the Academy to the ground."

Aedan stood up and held his hands out in front of him. "ALL FIGHTERS LAUNCH ALL SOLDIERS TO YOUR SHUTTLES REMEMBER THIS DAY WE FIGHT FOR VICTORY AND REWARDS!" Aedan turned and strode from the bridge making his way to the hangar he vaulted into the Devastator-class heavy fighter and started to power up as he watched the rest of the Dragoon squadron do so. He suddenly sent his fighter lancing out of it and into a dive towards the surface of Umbara. The rest of Dragoon squadron and the other fighter squadrons fell in behind him. From the surface there was the scattered laser fire from the few anti-air emplacments that the Shadow Academy had set up but the fighters easily dodged them losing 4 fighters to the anti-air fire. "ALL SHUTTLES LAUNCH BEGIN LANDING FORCES NEAR THE ACADEMY!"

@Vice @Trox @[member="Aedan Miles"] @Jar'varkh @Will Vanzea

Mirshen looked up from his seat as he checked his equipment. Stun rifle and his pistols, oh the grenades for knocking people out and finally he had a stun baton. Yeah there was plenty of things that could be done at a shadow academy, there was even more he could find here. Now they got to raid an academy and it was sanctioned time for some fun while he stared at the three hundred and thirty three members who were left with his cragmaloid troops. With plenty of equipment for raiding everything this place had to offer. "Alright boys and girls it is time to take from these people everything and give them nothing. What is theirs and is ours and what is ours is ours. Now come on and anything you find... We get to keep unless it is from their archives those go to the boss man."

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Syn sat in the training room of the Ravenshyde, there were many things a person could do when faced with this but. A shadow academy in republic space well... There was no reason to leave it for people to steal from, there was even less reason why they hadn't hit it earlier. So he had did as needed, hid the request to captain Miles and allowed the corsairs to raid the world, unless Miles was captured there was little to lead back to the Republic. After the expedition well he trusted the man. He didn't need to speak even more just let the ship jump to hyperspace towards Tython.

@[member="Vice"] @[member="Mirshen"] @[member="Trox"] @[member="Jar'varkh"] @Will Vanzea

Aedan and his fighters roared in calmly their lasers blasting into the anti-air emplacements before he pulled up and lowered himself to land slowly on the ground vaulting over the side of it as he drew his lightsabers watching as the other fighters landed alongside him. He looked around and noticed the Republic soldiers biting back a curse he activated his comlink "Guys new plan lets not burn it kill the Sith and burn the Archives and then take prisoners lets leave this place standing. Stun only and Crags stand down for now." With that Aedan calmly strode forward towards the doors igniting his lightsabers as he waited for the remaining Corsairs to land. He also made sure his blasters were set to stun he needed those ships.

@Vice @[member="Aedan Miles"] @Trox @Jar'varkh @Will Vanzea

Mirshen followed after Aedan as they had the guns ready and then... and then he spoke realizing something with a smirk. "Hey boss... this is a Republic world right? So being a Republic world can't we lay off the attack and just do the talking. I mean you are a free and clear man we're here to just explore and have an entire army sightseeing." The man remained still looking at the academy and stared at the doors. "We we get the information and give it to your mysterious benefactor huh? Well that works for me. Could be fun to do a job without shooting people."

@[member="Mirshen"] @[member="Trox"] @[member="Vice"] @[member="Jar'varkh"]

Aedan laughed loudly and smirked at Mirshen "your blasters set to stun buddy We are taking any we can prisoner and the rest we kill. These prisoners will then be handed over to the Jedi. Crags you get to take a nap." With that Aedan walked up to the door and pushed it open drawing a pistol with one hand after returning his lightsaber to his belt he started to fire off stun bolts the minute the door was open far enough. His lightsaber coming up just in case someone managed to bat the projectiles at him. But for now they were caught off guard and unprepared.

@Vice @Aedan Miles @Trox @Jar'varkh @Will Vanzea

Bellalika had come down and stood at the head of her group, more or less there for a simple reason. They were getting data and on a Republic from an academy that was in their space. Well all was good, it just meant they got the stuff easier since neutral group. Plunder the archives here for whatever they wanted. "Now now captain come and lets enjoy ourselves. Take in the sights."

@[member="Bellalika"] @[member="Vice"] @Mirhsne @[member="Trox"]
Aedan turned as he stood in the door way 8 sith already laying on the ground inside and winked at Bella. "Now my friends what fun is that. We can always return these fools to the Sith if they prove needless." He turned and raised his lightsaber as an apprentice ran up and swung at him. As he held the block he shot the young man in the chest with a stun bolt catching his lightsaber as he clipped it to his belt. "That said some of their lightsabers are interesting pick them up guys. Someone make sure to stun cuff em all." HE strode forward calmly his pistol held up as his eyes flicked left and right calmly.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
OOC/ This post by permission of Aedan Miles.

IC/ The city ship Shepherd decelerated from hyperspace. Six kilometres across, boasting a stupid amount of ion cannons, crewed at least partially by Jedi and home to a good portion of the Order.

Distress call from a Republic planet? A Republic planet with a known Dark Side training centre that had thus far been no problem at all? This most certainly deserved investigation. How fortunate, then, that the Grandmaster and the Shepherd were out and about on their standard recruitment-and-training tour. They weren't the closest Republic assets around, but all things considered, sometimes a situation needed the personal touch.

"Umbaran ground control, this is the Shepherd. Give us a sitrep."

Reports began to flow in, and sensor data, as the immense ship and its crew took stock of the situation.

@[member="Bellalika"] @[member="Vice"] @[member="Mirshen"] @[member="Trox"] @[member="Jar'varkh"]

Aedan Miles was on his way deeper when he realized something. He must have been seeing things because truly this place was empty a ghost town pretty much. Aedan let out an angry snarl as he realized what had happened and turned on his heel walking towards the door as a report came in. "Captain Miles this is Lt. Ford there is a Republic vessel on station and sir it looks to be extremely large orders?" Aedan listened and then sighed "This is Miles stand down power down all weapons I will deal with this." He sighed and turned his comlink on an open channel. "This is Captain Aedan miles to commander of the Vessel Shepard I believe it was. IF you would kindly join me here I will explain everything." Aedan looked at ground and crouched picking up a double bladed lightsaber that had obviously been forgotten in the what had to have been evacuation of the academy.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Aedan Miles, accused war criminal, pirate. Pirates, hitting a Republic world? This far inside Republic borders? An orbital ion cannon bombardment came to mind -- but Je'gan's sense of fair play put him it a shuttle and sent him down to the planet.

The Grandmaster touched the brim of his hat in greeting as he emerged from the shuttle. "Captain Miles, yes? I'm Grandmaster Olra'en. I'm not sensing much from this place. We'd kept a loose eye on the Umbaran shadow academy, just in case, but we had no idea it had been cleared out already. Evacuated? Destroyed? Who knows. But I take it you were here to do the same? Is that the explanation you said would be forthcoming?"

@Je'gan Olar'en

Aedan looked up as the man appeared and he stood bowing polietly to him. While Aedan was a Corsair commonly confused with Pirate but different, he still had his manners. "Grandmaster Olar'en forgive me for my intrusion here I received word from a member of the Jedi actually that this Academy was here and I thought I would attempt to capture the Sith here for the Jedi to try and save I believe you would call it. Sadly we were to late when we arrived it appeared rather empty and after investigation it appears to have been evacuated prior to our involvement. I truly am sorry if my presence here is surprising or upsetting but I have no love for the Sith after the events I witnessed at Metalorn." He reached down slowly to his belt and pulled the lightsaber from it holding it out to the man before him. "This is the only item I found here still to be honest."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The lightsabre twisted and spun to Je'gan's hand, and a crimson blade ignited for a moment. He placed the weapon in his belt.

"A Jedi asked you to come here and capture these people? Interesting. Very interesting. It's possible this was a false flag, but..."

The Grandmaster shrugged. "Captain Miles, I can sense the truth in what you say. You and your men are free to go; you acted in good faith. The fault lies with whomever hired pirates to assault a target on a Republic world. What Jedi? Can you describe him or her for me?"

He reached out, very, very gently, to get a sense of the image in Aedan's mind.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Aedan didn't even hesitate he shrugged and looked directly at the man glancing at the double bladed lightsaber he had just handed over before he nods "I could describe him OR give you his name it is up to you Grandmaster." Aedan looked at the man suprisingly calm as he held a hand up and waved it anyone standing nearby would then move to their shuttles or fighter and prepare to lift off. Aedan wasn't as afraid as he would have been to stand alone with a Sith. Jedi wouldn't just kill him after all.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Aedan Miles"]

"Then do one or the other, boy," the Grandmaster said, tossing him the lightstaff. "But quickly, please."

He'd already gleaned Syn's image from the pirate captain's mind.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Aedan caught it easily and spun it opening it in his hands carefully he pulled the crystals from it glaring at them before he pocketed them and pulled forth druidnfire Gems to replace them. "His name is Master Syn he and I traded some information before and then took an expedition so that I wouldn't be a war criminal cause after all I was just trying to help then to." He carefully put the lightstaff back together before holding it out away from himself and the Grandmaster he reignited it seeing the brilliant silver blade.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Be very careful to meditate on that before you use it, and get the calibrations just right. You can't just swap out focusing crystals like that, even for something as good as a durindfire. So Syn promised you a pardon if you..."

Je'gan shook his head.

"You and your men are free to go, as I said. Keep in touch, Captain Miles."

He turned to go, then paused. "A pardon was worth this much risk to you? Were you getting paid for this as well?"

Aedan looked up as the man spoke blinking a few times before he chuckled lightly "Forgive me I misspoke The pardon was for information about the exedition we took. This was for payment he said something about unmarked republic ships I believe they were a Justicar-class command carrier, Salvation-class star defender, a perservation-class star defender, a dozen Knight-class general transports and a dozen redstar-class patrol ships if we took prisoners not just killed them."

Aedan glanced at the lightsabers a faint smile crossing his lips as the man spoke. "I always meditate on my lightsaber combat Grandmaster for it is the only thing keeping me alive once I leave the cockpit seeing as how I don't have any formal training what so ever."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Je'gan's slow double take was a thing of beauty. "He promised you Republic military ships in exchange for an assault on a target on a Republic world?"

After a long moment, the Grandmaster turned and trudged up the ramp of his shuttle. "I'm getting too old for this shavvit."

Once back in the shuttle, he lifted off and patched into the Shepherd's comms. "I need a priority one holoconnection with location identification on every member of the Jedi Council, and I need it now. Please patch in the Supreme Chancellor at her convenience."

@[member="Syn"] @[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

"Masters, this is Olra'en. I've just resolved the attack on Umbara. A being claiming to be Master Syn has hired pirates to assault a location which we've long believed to be a relatively harmless little Dark Side academy -- no known disappearances, crimes, that sort of thing. However, we found the site empty, with little proof to be found of anything. Whatever was here, it's gone. The issue is this matter of a an apparent Jedi promising Republic capital ships to a pirate and war criminal in return for an assault on a Republic world. Any insight on this situation would be appreciated -- immediately if possible."

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@Syn @Darron Wraith @Joshua DragonsFlame @Je'gan Olra'en

It had been such a nice day, too.

Now that he was Grandmaster, Je'Gan never called just to chat. Not that he'd ever been much for small talk, or calling just to chat to begin with. But still. A girl could hope.

"I beg your pardon?" Aleidis asked with a tone that was borderline shock and incredulous. Of course Master Syn wouldn't pay pirates - war criminals, at that - to attack a Republic planet with Republic military ships. Let alone capital ships. That'd just be idiotic. "Well, clearly even if it WAS Master Sylidwirh, we're not handing pirates capital ships." She promised forcefully, staring at the hologram of Je'Gan hovering in her office. "Let alone authorizing them to attack our own land."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom