Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Full Leather Jacket

photo-1519895710315-a04b64f04a36

Detonmus Beach, they said. Stand somewhere in the center beneath the starlit horizon at night and watch for the Frozen Comet constellation, they promised. It would guide one in the direction to the mountains, and to one mountain in particular, for it overlooked one crater in a number where meteors had long since impacted.

A striking story, for sure, but maybe it didn’t hold any weight given the kinds of characters who relayed it, and one in particular. A gang member. A swooper of the Lost Cause, and oh boy were these idiots not wrong to be called this. But they sported some rather exquisite leather jackets and kuttes. One could give them that much.

Their leader had squirmed under the boot, had cursed beneath the fist, but when just one man was finished with him, that man detected no lies in his eyes, no deception on his lips. On the planet Adelphi in the Outer Rim, on the city of New Nalis, in the cantina The Old Nail, that man had left them alive, but beaten, broken and bloodied.

The Lost Cause’s leader had been more easily believed after revealing that the rumor of this treasure was first heard by a hermit in the Taraja Rainforest north of the city and by the beach. He just needed to have his story confirmed by an appropriate candidate more suited to the hunt. These swoopers were not it.

The leader’s bike, however, proved to be worth its weight in words. It had a new owner now, and that man was on his way through the streets toward the forest and its mysterious inhabitant. The bike was nice, he certainly had the outfit for it, the wind blasting at his jacket as he flew through the night, smiling wide.

The authorities might arrive on the scene behind him any moment, but it was unlikely that those criminals would spill the beans, though they weren’t the only witnesses to the powers of their attacker. A helmeted Sith, voice modular included, and his name was Drane T’keen. Though all they were privy to of his identity was that he was evidently versed in the dark side. Meanwhile, if this treasure proved its weight in words, then it would be his, as would its power.

Salis Salis

Salis was still wholly uncomfortable with her attempts to use the lightside. She was getting it, she already understood the general idea. The philosophy, the practical understanding of it, that wasn't the issue. It was the instinct of it. She was so used to using the dark her whole life that it was just natural to switch to her love of killing and violence rather than some kind of focus on peace or calm. She had to do something other than this struggling meditation. She had to build this light side into her nature in conflict, so that she didn't revert automatically to blowing a building half way to oblivion when a fight started.

For this reason, Salis when relic hunting. She had met many people all across the galaxy in all sorts of positions, it didn't take much to start the process of finding something 'terrible and dangerous.' There was an item that seemed to bring destruction, a concept hardly foreign to the woman given her own past. But more importantly, it seemed someone else was after it. And so she came prepared.

The woman wore her Armor, a MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle equipped with XAD_Omnisight strapped to her back and 2 Model_Kylan-3's at her hips, Stun Pearls in a bag and some as a bracelet and earrings underneath the helmet. Several phrik throwing knives spread across her outfit, which had seen plenty of battle themselves due to her own style of things.

Her droid, Zepher, stayed aboard the Lance along with an additional patrol droid to keep the ships locked down. Salis prowled the streets and sensed the violence from a distance. She would rush but by the time she arrived, the authorities had already made it. She could see a man, felt the recent fight on him before she recognized the wounds. And would raise a hand to call over one of the authorities, a commlink into her hand, "You'll find this designates me as a bounty hunter. I'd like to offer my services in this endeavor, but I need information from him to figure out who did this., I think there's probably more at play than you know." she told him, as she did, she reached into the officers mind, pushing the suggestion harder that they not only should let her, but actually needed her help. "You should let me help."

If she was able to convince them, she'd have to move onto the man next. I need to hear everything they told them. Any details about the target they can remember. NO...not the target. The....how is a light sider supposed to view that any other way? Perpetrator? Threat? I'll have to think on that. She thought to herself.

Drane T'keen Drane T'keen

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider
Hope and Security (lightsabers)

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
501-Z_police_droid with MK II paladin blaster rifle Zepher
Z65_patrol_droid
MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Often carries extra commlinks on her.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves
-Several phrik throwing knives

Drane moved, racing through the streets, shooting forward in various directions, including above and below. He was both quick and in control, cruising to the tunes, moving to the music, rhythm and blues. It blasted from his speeder and into his helmet. He heard it. He listened. There was a difference.

He didn’t need lyrics to understand the message. “Can’t Be Still” was the name of the song and by the stars this guy cannot keep still. He had to go on, to find his target, to reap the reward of his quarry, and nobody and nothing was going to stop him. He was a Sith. He lived for this. Or I’ll die trying.

Meanwhile, it could be a moment or a while before someone caught onto his tracks but that didn’t matter to him. The gang leader and his members of the Lost Cause had surely pegged him for a Force-user, given he had crushed bones with his fingers from a distance, through the air, and accidentally set one member’s dread-headed hair on fire via pyrokinesis or something.

A Sith, then? It would make sense for the gang to relay that to the police as the latter had arrived on the scene but no matter. No one would know the mysterious figure to be Drane T’keen, would not know his face beneath the helmet, but at least he walked away with the leader’s bike. That was fine. As was his destination and purpose.

Single-minded, Drane negotiated his way through the city streets as a swooper did when danger was the name of the game. Only his destination was beyond the city’s limits. Nearing the perimeter, that jungle would come next after this duracrete environment, as he weaved between traffic.

Wind continued to rush in, music like a plume. In only moments, he would exit New Nalis, as the Taraja Rainforest waited for him like a virgin.

Salis Salis

Salis pondered the information, a sith. Great. A connection to her past, sure her actual activity with the sith by now was over twenty years ago, but it was the dark side that was the real connection. Of course, given what other information she'd had that wasn't a surprise. This man claimed it to be treasure heard from some hermit in the rainforest. She could have rushed off on that alone, sent for Zepher to bring her Dvasia fighter to her. The things speed would likely move far too fast for whatever bike this man had. But simply shrieking across the sky was not necessarily the best way to get down to the details of the problem.

"What else do you know about the hermit? Species? Occupation? Do you know if they themselves may be a force user?" she pressed, she also had to prevent herself from asking if said hermit might in fact just be a force ghost or a holocron's projection. It wasn't like this person could possibly know and her bringing that up might just complicate the interrogation. As she asked, she'd always be delving at his mind. Attempting to insure she got the truth and all of it.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

The Old Nail Cantina
The Old Nail was still recovering from the commotion, you might say, only it wasn’t the first time that violence had exploded within this establishment. That meant the drinks were still pouring, the drunkards were roaring for more, games of dice and cards were live and a Lost Cause member had his head on the bar.

“Force user?” The gang’s leader, a male Nikto, rubbed his ribs and looked at the bounty hunter, fingers zigzagging through the air at her. “Our attacker was, that’s for sure. Waving his hands and shit. Tossed Corder over his shoulder like he weighed less than an infant.” He pointed toward the corner and a Herglic crumpled in it.

“As for the hermit?” The leader shrugged. “I hear he’s a Xexto. Or is it a Rodian? Might be a kriffin’ Herglic for all I reckon.” He blow smoke, literally, from a cigarette just then ignited. “Occupation? Hermit.” The gang leader grinned at her. “How about you give me your number?”

“I hear this hermit’s near the Oldstone River in that forest,” said another Weequay gang member.

The leader rubbed his head. Maybe his headache was working for or against him when it came to the bounty hunter’s advances. “Ah. Yeah. A cabin in the woods. Why the kark every twiglet and droplet has a name for it is beyond me but, yeah, some dipshit loner by a river, that's it.” The Nikto winked at her. “Now tell the idiot police I want a reward for my information, if you’d please.”

Salis Salis

Truly upstanding lot weren't they. She listened as their leader gave his 'information' she sighed slightly setting her helmet at the counter. Then raising a brow at 'Corder' in the corner. Her eyes flickering in excitement at the concept of a fight with another force wielder, it had been awhile. But no, she wasn't supposed to do that. She kept herself under control and returned to the man.

Yeah...Xexto to rodian. Very specific. She raised a brow and gave him a slight grin at the request for her number, giving him a wink, "You'd have to work harder than that for it." she whispered. In truth she meant it quite lightheartedly, it was unlikely she'd ever see the Nikto again unless more happened around here. She assumed his was only a little less so. Though she figured if he genuinely wanted to find a way to contact her it wouldn't be hard. She'd held two more formal positions in her past.

They did have a name now, Oldstone river. Her eyes drifted in thought at that, the man that attacked them might be there already for all she knew. If he figured out the exact spot. She gave him another grin,
"What was my company not enough?" but gave a nod, "Long as that's the place I'll let them know."

If that was all, she'd be off for the hunt. As much as she'd like to take the Dvasia, the All Terrain Rough Rider was more appropriate for a journey like this. Especially if she ended up with a captive. She'd call Zepher and have him coordinate the fastest route to travel to observe as much of this river as possible as fast as possible so she could hunt down this hermit of undetermined species.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Street lamps continued to pass Drane by. Soon the entire city gave way to an environment that was untouched by such inhabitants. Land stretched toward the horizon, light provided by the starlit sky and the speeder’s headlights. A sea of grass greeted the driver as he zoomed at full speed ahead. Silhouettes of mountains were in the distance, flanked by forest and an actual ocean.

Stand on the beach, they said. Drane repeated in his head yet again. Frozen Comet constellation. That will take me to the mountain, to the crater in turn, then my treasure. It all sounded rather contrived, but that swooper guy hadn’t lied. He just didn’t have all of the information.

This hermit, though, just might. Drane didn’t know where to find him precisely, the forest was pretty big as he approached with his bike, but time was on his side for the moment. He had also been given another tip. This hermit lives by the river. Supposedly.

With the ocean so close, the river shouldn’t be too hard to find. Staying on his speeder, Drane began to negotiate his way in between the trees, hearing no rush of liquid immediately, and it was too dark to see much change in vegetation to indicate a water source nearby.

The deeper Drane entered, the denser the foliage became. His vehicle’s lights illuminated a fox as it hopped off, then a deer that stopped and stared. Drane paused a distance away, keeping his speeder turned on. The creature escaped, but something else caught his ear. It was a shriek, and it was coming his way.

Salis Salis

As Salis sped along, she began to sense a presence. A familiarity not in whose it was, but what. Ah, the dark side. That was a thing ever so close to her. Ever so tempting, but ever so impractical to hang onto for her in the long term. She knew that. As she felt her grow closer she maxed out the speed. Using the force to guide the speeder as she came out of the cockpit and watched for visual signs.

There, it was close. She put her speeder in a full halt behind her and leapt through the air to attempt to land about 6 meters from the source, "Today has been an interesting one hasn't it." she said lightly, though he was perhaps the primary concern, Salis's instincts kept her awareness to her surroundings as well. Physical and Forcewise. Attacks could come from anywhere, always. "Why do force users all leave such a trail you think? Is it their nature? Does the force cause it, to keep their numbers from growing too large?"

That was probably a bit too threatening for someone trying to stay in the light wasn't it she thought. "Best keep things civil. I'm doing my best not to start trying to kill anything that can hold a blade." she said. That might too have been taken as threatening, then again, if it kept things from breaking out. That was a success right?

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

It was indeed a shriek but it came from no beast. Speeder. Another. Might have been a bike like his but no matter. More importantly it was apparently coming right at him.

The lights on his bike made Drane stick out like a sore thumb, one that did not sport much armor with his black leather jacket, pants and boots. He wore his helmet, metallic amid his armorweave, but that was about it.

His armor was not in fabric but in a whole other defense. So he waited, he watched, as the other speeder stopped and its driver hopped off. The figure landed about twenty feet away from Drane who, in spite of interruptions, would not be delayed in the completion of his mission. He pivoted his speeder to illuminate the speaker.

“Keeps getting more interesting by the moment.” Drane spoke plainly, mildly amused, his voice masculine if within his helmet. He listened as the woman continued. She certainly had that feminine figure in her skintight outfit; grey as death with a face as hidden as his; a mask whose eyes glowed like some predator in the darkness of this forest.

Wolf. Yes. That’s what she reminded him of. Some lone hunter, but was she a creature not so different from the other based on her signature? “Maybe it’s their speeders.” Drane gestured toward either vehicle with his answer.
“All that wind and dust and crushed foliage evidently leaves some crumbs. But, yes, civil would be best.”

At that, Drane climbed off his speeder and turned to face the forest’s latest visitor, gazing visor to visor, testing the distance with a slow approach toward her. His boots casually crushed leaves and twigs as he walked across the woodland. If he had weapons on his person then they were hidden.
“After all, blasters are so uncivilized."

Lightsaber x2 [Red blade]
Armorweave
Outfit
Helmet
Salis Salis

Salis watched him, aside from that helmet, he could have been mistaken for another person by plenty. The outfit was normal enough, and any weapons he may have were not visible. Of course, she had contest, and she could sense better than that anyway. But even were she to believe him unarmed, a force user was never truly unarmed. Not so long as they lived. And even then, it was questionable.

She let out a slight laugh at the suggestion it was the speeders, "Not what I meant. But feel free to interpret it that way way." she responded tilting her head at him as he stepped of his bike and began to move slowly closer. She didn't stop him. Didn't seem to ready herself, visibly. But with the force, she could be on the move near instantly. Speed and telekinesis together meant no matter how close or far a fight started, it was often much the same. She might lack in the pure strength department, but it was one of the only ones she did.

Then again, that was accounting for her skills while a dark sider. She hadn't had the chance to test them so much in the light. It was so much more confining, much more constricting. Another slight laugh, "No more nor less than any weapon." she shrugged. Unlike him, her weapons were mostly quite visible. The only disguised one was really the pearls. She pulled Hope and Security out in it's staff form, inactive, just looking at the hilt, "I imagine you're used to these? These are my new set. The last...never mind. I've got problems to tend to, your problems." she waved the comment away, she was going to say 'killed too many people for a light sider' but that was, again, an old habit. Don't threaten too much. "Why do you seek?"

Not what, why. The what did of course matter, but the why just as much. Not that she could trust what he'd say. But she'd ask anyway. Besides, while the movement was meant as an almost social one, it also meant her lightsaber was technically in hand already if he decided to start problems.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

He moved. She moved too. When the lightsaber hilts came out, tethered together, Drane paused his walk to watch. It was only appropriate to acknowledge the instrument of his would-be opponent. At that moment, he had to wonder that if he moved any closer then would this other warrior rush him? Maybe, but that remained to be seen. Why do I seek. Not what. How quaint.

“Why does the panther chase the deer?” He gestured further into the forest, of which either person could sense the predator and the prey as one gave chase and the other tried with its entire life to get away.

“It’s hungry.” Drane gave no time for her to answer. He’s maybe about four or five meters away from her now. “It needs to feed.” So simply. Then his own instruments came out, able to play a familiar tune. One hilt was black, the other silver. Either filled his hands.

“A basic requirement of survival. We eat to live, to grow stronger.” Neither of his hilts were ignited, like hers. Held at his sides, there was a hum just then. Some called this a -snap-hiss!- but to Drane it just sounded like music.

“Through strength, I gain power.”
A red blade was ignited at the right hilt.
“Through power, I gain victory.” -Vwum-kssshh!- Red blade at the left hilt.
“Through victory, my chains are broken.” Blades buzzing, Drane kept still.
“The Force shall free me.” End of speech. Waiting. Watching. Ready to kill.

Salis Salis

Salis watched him, every step. Tilting the head at the statement of needing to feed, and like her, preferring two blades. Different reasoning, but not dissimilar, to her own former. As she felt things intensifying, she could feel a little wicked chuckle urging it's way out of her throat as he recited the code, her hands hovering on activating the lightsaber and the smile beneath her mask starting to grow.

With great discomfort she remembered she was trying to avoid that. And a bit of frustration and anger about the problem. The shift to excitement for battle and then back to irritation that she was not supposed to enjoy it was not one she bothered to hide. Physically or in the force. She let out a prolonged groan, only one blade activated, the violet one. A mostly normal blade, though one with a crystal that helped recovery of the force in combat. The other she'd hold just for a moment.

"Ah, just another sith then." She began, her voice almost tired, then shifting perfectly to the sith language, [Sith: "I was one for awhile. I got bored. Too much politics, too much theory, not enough fighting."]

Shifting back to basic, just in case he didn't understand sith. Many wouldn't, even if they grew up under sith rule. She had learned a lot, and the sith language was useful for learning a great many parts of their powers. More powers, meant more ways to be violent. And that she loved. "I would love to fight you, genuinely I would. Not too many years ago I might not even have started the conversation. But I am trying to work on using the light, better investment. But if you make me." she activated the second blade, yellow, and which would howl like a krayt dragon, "For the sake of my practice in it, dismemberment may be first if convenient but death is acceptable if forced. I advise you stand down."

The whole time, her body was ready for motion. Feet apart, the force awareness at it's height, readiness to empower her motion, empower her speed, or send her blades soaring. She wanted so much to start it, wanted so much to hurl a tree at him or all the phrik blades on her through the air, or even just the ever so simple blast of force lightning. But it would disrupt her practice. Give her power, but make her life harder in the long run. How horrendously frustrating to have access to so much and not be able to use it. Being given a chance, a perfect chance, with a familiar type of person. And not engage in the nostalgia of violence.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Perfect. The Sith thought. She caught it. Even without her violet flower he would pin her for a Force user indeed to have recognized what he recited. Whether Jedi Knight or Master, or neither, he could never quite be sure of her signature within the Force. She was indeed a curiosity. A bit of a mystery, aren’t you, wolf?

Her full-face mask hid her countenance like his. From her mouth came words in a language that was not inherent to the Thyrsian, but he considered himself to be versed in it if ever a student.

However, one of his primary languages was violence. Battle. War. Carnage. The tournament was where Drane had proven his blades back on Thyrsus. This universe would be no different. At this moment he sensed his opponent’s hunger. Her thirst. Her urge. It was similar to his.

His counterpart’s second blade howled like a krayt dragon as she advised that he stand down. Drane, however, was a shroud born under the sun, and war was in his blood. But he did not attack her. He simply took another step closer.

“Which wrist?”
Drane laughed, genuinely amused at the notion of dismemberment. [Sith: “Though I hope you don’t mean my toes. I need those for dancing.”]

Oh, they could exchange words, and Drane would step closer, until either warrior was within lightsaber range from one another. Perhaps the question was…who would attack first? If anyone.

Whatever the case, one thing would be certain: With each foot further forward, Drane was in no way standing down. Rather, he was coming closer, blades trailing at the flanks of his black jacket. His face shaped like a predator, only it wasn't a wolf, though it would prove to be no less ferocious when and if given the opportunity.

"There can be only one owner of that which I seek, my lady, and it does not share power."

Salis Salis

She raised a brow at the question of which wrist, "Wrist? What good is the removal of just one hand?" he might not see the raised brow of course but the inflection was very much in her voice. Still, he was moving closer. The former Sith knight let out a groan, if this was her former self, she wouldn't have waited this long. But she wasn't used to being on defense, and he didn't seem to be backing down. There was only so long she could safely wait just for the sake of trying to use the light. And he'd long since passed where she was used to permitting.

Without moving her hands, she commanded the force, using it to snap the base of several trees behind him just right to send them crashing down towards the two of them. She'd wait until the last moment and use the force to proppell herself at high speeds out of the way and bounce off the trunk off another. He was a sith, they were hardy. If the trees did hit him he shouldn't die instantly. Probably. As she rose to the trees her phrik daggers rose from their places and hurled at his limbs. There were few of them than she was used to using, only 3. And while incredibly fast, they lacked the power they once would have. Plenty enough to go straight through a bone. But compared to what an empowered sith could do, what she could do, it was still quite the drop in threat level. She was used to the tactic, but she was used to it while being empowered with the dark.

"Yield. This is not a fight worth having." So far, all that was done was two attacks, to her, that was as close to a warning as she could give a sith. At least, as she could give right now. The statement was also as much of one to herself, to not push it. Her instincts were still there. GO for destruction, go for violence, entice him to fight harder not surrender. Yet she was trying very hard to keep that from happening. Even though she was the first to make a strike.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Drane enjoyed his bit of banter back and forth that came with her voice. He wondered whether she could cleave both his hands from his body in one movement, or if it would take two, or if he would trade one of his hands for one of hers. Combat like this was a game and a dance as much as it was life and death, which simply meant a warrior like Drane was ever excited by it.

His opponent stood motionless, evidently content to wait for him, when just then came a noise. Difficult to mistake, easy to pinpoint, but he also waited for the last moment. He didn’t need to look behind to see the trees.

She leapt. So did he. Up and away while twirling both blades. Their first purpose was to cut through the trunks of the falling trees, severing them in his cyclone like a lightsaber through flesh and bone. However, when her daggers came soaring toward him and his limbs, they had to first contend with bark and branch before his swords served to deflect them.

“My apologies,”
the Sith offered after finding purchase in a tree not far from its top or his opponent’s position. Both his blades ignited, Drane wasn’t trying to hide in the night. Crimson light illuminated his location where he stood on a branch for a ledge. “Yet I must disagree. Truly I find you to be worthy already and it's too early for defeat.”

She liked trees. What about these? The ones Drane had cut on his way up suddenly sprung. Returning her gesture with the Force, Drane sent a storm of torn trees, with sharp splinters as long as arms, flying forth toward his enemy as debris.

Salis Salis

Salis watched the reaction, he shattered the trees and his own landing. Both very open about their locations. She sighed at his response, both verbal, and physical. She slipped behind her tree in a moment and raised a hand to deflect those that might have gotten through or around and send them into the soil beside her before sending herself soaring through the air towards him, the three daggers quickly returned to her, creating a swirl of sharp blades around her as she closed in.

She'd attempt to go for an attack, going straight for severing motions. And lots of them. The power of most of her attacks wasn't heavy at all, yet peppered with the occasionally especially empowered one, without changing style or design. When/if they hit blade, she wouldn't lock it, she wouldn't slide it, she'd bounce it off. At an angle, immediately away to allow the other blade to attack.

The purple blade, in this sense, was like most. But that yellow one, it carried with it a great deal of power alongside the constant howling of a krayt dragon that Salis seemed to care nothing for. In between strikes were the words that could sew themselves together, "You do not understand." she reaffirmed. But at this point, what good was talking? She wasn't used to trying to talk someone down. Maybe best to just focus on the fight, the thing she knew, if only she could just try and kill him. If only she could scorch the tree he was on rather than trying to fight him upon it.

If only she could just have some fun with it. How much more difficult she already knew the fight would be for not doing it, and she couldn't even enjoy the challenge of it.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Here she comes. So she came. Her lithe, silvery form illuminated by her own blades. Hers were a curious pair of swords indeed. One was violet. The other, however, was as violent as it was yellow; crackling and cackling. How you howl.

Behind his helmet, Drane’s eyes went wide in surprise as much as pride. His opponent was fast and fluid, and admittedly it was the screening of these trees that helped hinder her armament. Her arms sought to live up to the promise of dismemberment as her opponent began to dance with other branches.

“A wolf with the howl of a dragon!” The son of the red sun beckoned. Purple bit into red as yellow descended on red. Drane made sure to keep that one in check with glancing parries. He quickly noted his opponent’s intention to sever his limbs as promised which meant wrists and other business which led to a number of redirections.

Furthermore, that yellow sword was not a blade that Drane’s own could tango with for too long. “You’re not wrong.” He sent a branch flying into a dagger that may have otherwise taken out his eye. “Yet you’re not right.”

Oh, Drane understood enough, but would table that conversation for a later moment. For now, he allowed purple to bounce off red, away for her other blade, yellow, to attack. That was the moment that the black swordsman swung one red blade into the yellow blade and another red blade into its connected wrist to sever it in an instant.

Salis Salis

"You think me a wolf?" the tone was almost mocking. She didn't think she really resembled a wolf. Wolfs were pack hunters, she most often fought solo, wolves felt fear, she almost never did, they preferred ambush and numbers, she didn't care. To her the suggestion seemed odd, the only thing there was she could think of, was both could find entertainment in a fight, and both would kill.

He was doing well, even accounting for the telekinetic use of her daggers by using his own over branches. Though she didn't care much for whatever he meant by how she was not wrong nor right. She was too busy trying to injure him without trying to kill him.

And there was a fun move, it wouldn't meet however, her saberstaff would split apart instead, into two seperate blades allowing the wrist completely free motion inwards and then letting the red blade slide off of it. Her blades whirled in front of her in an apparent attack, but really, they were hiding the fall of a
Stun Pearl one she'd fine-tunely roll past him through the force making sure she was just outside it's effective radius. It took five seconds from when she'd released the pin for it to go off, so she attempted to pressure him, and then, attempted to feign like she had exhausted herself and start backing out again. Instinctively knowing exactly where in or out of range she was with the pearl.

She had to be careful, this kind of trickery could help, but it also was something she had a habit of in the dark side. Activating everything at once, breaking every tree, blowing up any grenade, setting blaster and blade and lightning and stone against an opponent from every angle because it was exciting. He was too good to just overpower by raw speed, not like she was now. But she was still a master of ataru, and of her own combative applications. She may not be called a jedi master, but surely enough of her skills passed over she wouldn't be force to resort too far. Not yet. She struggled not to retort another response at him, struggled not to push too hard with the blades, or bring too much power to bear. That was unwise wasn't it? Give in now?

Whatever the reasons. She'd try...at least for a bit longer. Just to say she gave it a shot.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

He didn’t answer her even afterwards, however a wolf she was from his perspective within this forest that served as the arena of their little tournament. A lone wolf. One who had strayed from whatever pack had her, whether Jedi or Sith, and now she attempted to take on an opponent with her fangs and fists.

Whatever her tone, he had not mocked her. Taunted, perhaps, but there was a difference. She had since proven herself formidable in appearance, and with her actions, her movements, she proved to be a predator like any other. No mere prey in this game of life and death that haunted the blade.

That said, going for the wrists was a Jedi thing to do. On his end, Drane had no problem with killing this woman. Yet it might be best to find out why she was here except to deter him from purpose.

He went for her wrist. She evaded the hit by breaking her lightsabers from the center. So the staff became two hilts. They whirled. Still, unless they were actually attacking then Drane had no need to evade.

The pearl, however, was another story. Unfortunately for her, she was already busy with levitating her daggers amid twirling her lightsabers, so her focus would more easily be broken. Unlike his opponent, Drane was focused only on his two blades and their target.

Whether she was a master or not, it took effort to concentrate on any one thing, never mind two or three. Distance is what did it. They were swinging sabers at each other, which meant staying within range, so Drane couldn’t help but notice his opponent maintaining a distance of about ten feet.

Five seconds, more or less, Drane didn’t wait for the effect. While the lone wolf maintained range and engaged her blades, the black swordsman suddenly fell from his branch. It only took a step off the edge and there he went.

As he descended, he slashed his right saber toward the branch that held his opponent’s feet so that she would also fall unless she did something about it. In the end, Drane would land on the forest floor, surrounded by the debris of trees—as a stun grenade exploded a safe distance away.

Salis Salis

The usage of phrik daggers was no more encumbrance to her than the usage of two feet, it was a tactic she'd used for well over two decades, maybe up to three when it first began. Bringing the number from several down to only 3 for the sake of concentration on the light, rather than her instinct of the dark, kept things...balanced, in a way. To use only two sabers and one human form, that was a waste of a murderers mind to her. At least, once it was. It felt wasteful for someone who could see so many attack vectors, to only exploit two or three at a time, when they could exploit 12 or more, dashing in and out. The exhaustion of ataru could be remedied, by exhausting an enemy, by forcing them to defend against not one or two blades, but many. Adding a subtle touch to a stun grenade made little difference in that.

Of course, he was only facing 5 right now. And only two of those retained their normal skill. Even if reduced in speed from what they should be. And limited for now to non-lethal strikes. This, so far, he'd proven plenty capable of dealing with. Whether she struggled with the telekinetic barrage of the weapons or not, he'd detected the attempt, and dropped. And so would she.

She took in a breath. That brevity let her try and recenter herself on the lightside, try and reassess her tactics. She nearly stopped midair, slowly hovering down and a little away from him, reattaching the weapons together and holding it in one hand as her 3 phrik blades returned, likewise hovering beside her like some kind of winged guard dog.

Her fingers rubbed together and she let out a hum, taking whatever moment he'd given her. Intentionally or not, as she hovered down. To breath energy back into her. The dark was powerful, the light was tempered. It didn't invigorate her as freely as the dark side could, or as harshly. She had to let it flow. A sail not a jet engine. And unfortunately, she had to sometimes adjust that sail when expending it.

"Your resistance is quite irritating. I'm trying not to enjoy this." she stated in a mixture of frustration and the seeping bit of blood-hungry joy she couldn't quite hold back. "Are you sure you won't give this up? I think I have a way to make this irritating for you too. I can just...pester you, and stay alive."

Maybe that was a good idea, not give him a full fight, not give him the chance to kill her. But force him to pay attention, so that if he ever got distracted, he could die or be injured. She'd fought in wars before, such a strategy might be able to be made to last days. But after the first, she'd probably use the comms to tell Zepher she wanted a localized bombardment to really get things tense. She didn't start yet, or even decide for sure. She wanted to see his response, including being aware of any attempts from behind or on her person. As she considered the possibility he'd try and set a stun pearl off on her. It's what she would have considered if she was facing herself.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom