Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public From Playgrounds to Battlegrounds

xiqfVVX.png
He'd realized it too late.

Shii-Cho was not ideal for lightsaber combat, but it was by far the form Aris had the most experience in. The heavy, wide strikes, flowing together like water to overwhelm his foes with both speed and strength had fallen into the same trap that highlighted the prime weakness of the form. Predictability. And Braze had used that against him. Slipped under his guard and Aris felt it as he slid back and away.

"Two."

Aris wasn't an eager fighter. His eyes were constantly watching, constantly calculating his next move. And now that he realized Braze had learned his pattern, it meant things needed to change. Especially if he wanted to get one solid hit in. He lowered his stance, braced his feet on the ground, which only served to dishevel the floor as if he was far heavier than his build suggested.

Braze Braze

Last edited:

Braze had caught Aris off-guard with his side arm and tapped him with the saber before suddenly stepping in far too close and quickly, following up with the successful hit to push through before Aris had much of a chance to recover. "Three," he said, stepping past with his final 'blow', attempting to catch Aris' midsection lightly. He monopolized on light touches, quick reflexes, and changing things up. He had learned from Ko Vuto Ko Vuto not to become a slave to form and had taken that to heart, adapting to constantly change his style to flow and move like water. switch things up in a decisive moment.

He moved to flourish his blade to give Aris a salute and a bow of respect. He would move to flourish his blade again and switch it off before clipping it to his belt, then drawing a soft breath and offering his advice.

"Keep your eyes drawn to your opponent's belt line. If you do that, your peripheral vision will help you keep track of where their hands and feet move easier. If you watch their hands or feet, you can lose sight of the other hands or feet as they can move outside the range of your peripheral vision," Braze stated, seemingly having been studying exactly what Aris was doing as well. "You're eager to learn, which is good, but your focus is a little wandering. Eye contact can be good situationaly, but generally, the midsection and waist are good targets for your eyes to follow. It is also the core and center of gravity. That's very important for understanding your opponent's balance. Subtle shifts here can telegraph what way they may intend to move before they move."

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

There was no flourish of a blade, at least at first. In that strike Aris had physically caught Braze's own in his grasp. Aris's hand was bright red, burning with an intense heat hot as any saber. It was a gambit for sure, and it was only when the strike landed he realized just how well it truly could work. His whole body could be heated to that degree if he wanted it to.

That was more where his focus was before he let the saber go and glanced back to Braze.

Aris's focus hadn't wandered in the slightest until that last moment. He shouldn't have let it, but his desire to change things up had at least opened a door for him. The intense heat from his hand died down as it returned to a normal color. Watch the body. Eyes can lie, especially in feints. He could keep up with watching Braze, but he was reading the wrong intents.

It didn't help that he couldn't use the Force to really help tell him where attacks were coming from. The dull throb of what counted as his danger sense did little more than tell him he was in danger. Not how, and certainly not where from.

"Right."

Braze Braze

Last edited:

There was a horrified look on Braze's face as he stepped back, his brows furrowing in disbelief at what Aris had done. He had released his blade hilt during the practice sparring he presumed was still going on, but he hadn't expected Aris to grab it. Braze's saber had been on the low setting, meant for safe training, yet the sight still sent a shiver down his spine.

His breathing quickened visibly, his chest rising and falling rapidly with the heightened sensation. His voice trailed off as he struggled to comprehend the situation, his mind racing with confusion and concern. He couldn't find the words to express his shock, his tone fading to a near whisper as his thoughts spun in turmoil. He had completed his expression for what he wanted to tell Aris to help him in the future however, Braze's mind was clearly onto a different topic with how the cadence of his voice slowed and his volume dwindled.

Having released his grip on the blade hilt, Braze stepped back uncertainly, his eyes fixed on Aris with a mixture of incredulity and disgust. The actions seemed irrational and reckless to him, and he couldn't help but stare in horrified disbelief.

With a surge of panic, Braze attempted to retrieve his hilt using telekinesis, stepping even farther back from Aris, giving him a wide berth. He couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air between them. His mental shields were previously lax and his emotional aura was that of playful competitiveness but in an instant, his mental shields had been slammed shut tighter than a castle's portcullis, and his emotional aura made as silent as the grave.

Just those horrified perturbed jade green eyes were fixed on Aris beneath furrowed white brows.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris could neither sense emotion, or really understand it from others. With the information Braze had given he was now running through his own thoughts. He could increase his body temperature to a blistering degree to at least counter the heated blade of a lightsaber, but it wasn't something he could keep up for long. It was draining. Physically draining. Even now he could feel how much that brief moment had taken out of him.

Did a larger surface area make that more draining? He flexed his fingers for a brief moment. "Can you strike me again? On the low setting of course. I want to test somet-" He paused as he finally looked up at caught Braze's expression.

".. Are you feeling okay? Was this too much? You look kinda uh.. Sick maybe?"

Braze Braze

Braze had taken yet another step back, his expression contorted in a mix of discomfort and disbelief. Aris was right about one thing—Braze did feel sick. An unsettled feeling gnawed at the pit of his stomach, leaving him unsure of how to react. Was his expression aggressive? Or perhaps scared? It was hard to pinpoint exactly what he was feeling in that moment.

Braze had never encountered anyone who would think to do something like that, let alone anyone who could. And in an instant, his perception of Aris shifted drastically. The trust he had felt before evaporated, replaced by a sense of wariness and unease. His once vibrant jade-green eyes now held a hint of glassiness, betraying the turmoil within.

Conflicting thoughts raced through Braze's mind, battling against his instinctual, guttural reactions. He shook his head lightly, as if trying to shake himself from his own thoughts, or as if someone were trying to wake him from a sleepy, dreamy state of being.

"I'm fine," he responded tersely, his tone carrying a hint of aggression. But then, his voice softened as concern crept in. "Are you okay?" Braze's gaze darted between Aris's hands and his face, searching for any sign of distress.

xiqfVVX.png

"I'm fine, yes. Should I not be?"

Even as unaware as Aris was with the emotions of others, he was starting to pick up that there was something off with how Braze was acting. It didn't make sense, especially now.

"You're acting.. Different."

Braze Braze

"Normally, people don't grab lightsaber blades with their bare hands,"
Braze stated simply, his voice tinged with a mix of incredulity and disbelief. It was as if he believed that statement alone should explain everything. There seemed to be another shift in the atmosphere, a subtle loosening of tension across Braze's body. His muscles relaxed slightly, though the wariness in his eyes remained.

It was as if Braze was a skittish woodland creature, uncertain whether to step into the clearing or dart further into the woods. The encounter had left him feeling exposed and vulnerable, grappling with the unfamiliarity of the situation.

"That's just normal to you, huh?" Braze asked, his tone laced with a hint of disbelief. He couldn't quite fathom how Aris could treat such a dangerous object with such casual disregard. The realization only added to the growing sense of unease between them.

xiqfVVX.png

"You have it on a low setting, so I figured it was as good a chance to test that thought as any other. Mo- Master Noble can catch lightsabers by utilizing Tutamanis to absorb the heat and keep it from cutting. If I match the temperature, then there's no reason for it to be able to cut through, especially if I harden."

It was Ultima very logical to Aris, though how Braze was handling this was certainly more intense than he beleived it was.

"Did you change from the training setting without my knowledge?"

Braze Braze

Braze was still reeling from Aris's explanation, struggling to comprehend the rationale behind such a risky action. "Have you ever tried to do that before?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern. "I don't wish to be responsible should you lose a finger or hand."

Braze quickly corrected himself, realizing the weight of his words. He didn't want to come across as overly critical or dismissive of Aris's abilities. But the thought of someone risking injury in such a manner unsettled him deeply.

"It is still on training saber mode, yes," Braze affirmed, his tone firm. "But even so, that can still do some nasty damage if prolonged like that." He drew in a slow, heavy breath, filling his lungs with air before slowly releasing it in a pent-up sigh. The tension in the air was thick, and Braze couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered between them.

xiqfVVX.png

"Not with a lightsaber yet, no." With other heat sources, yes. He was nothing if not diligent with the training he could do. Though Braze certainly was treating it like a bigger deal than it was. Aris's brow furrowed slightly.

"I am well aware what a lightsaber can do, Braze." His expression tightened. Two intruders, killed by his own hand so he could protect his siblings. A live saber cut far too easily.

He needed everything he could to survive.

"I appreciate the advice given, but you are not my Master."

Braze Braze

Braze's brows furrowed slightly as he listened to Aris's words, feeling a surge of emotions stirring within him. He couldn't help but take Aris's rebuttal personally, feeling a pang of hurt at the dismissal of his concern. There was a semblance of profound betrayal too; And yet, it was as if something else, something fundamental had shattered within Braze. Couldn't he be concerned? His advice was unwanted and unneeded it seemed. It didn't matter that Aris's actions deeply unsettled Braze and had come without prior warning. It didn't matter that Braze now saw just how dangerous Aris really could be. His attempt to offer guidance was met with scorn, his concern tossed aside as if it meant nothing. But it did mean something to Braze, more than he dared to admit. Aris's actions had left him shaken, his trust shattered like glass. Braze was emotionally charged and overwhelmed;

"I... I know I'm not your Master," Braze began, his voice quivering with a mixture of frustration and disbelief. As if there were some finality to it his voice shifted, and a bitter back biting poisonous tone of who Braze once was bubbled to the surface, winning out over his better judgment.

"Fine," Braze declared, his tone sharp with bitterness, his breathing quickening with the intensity of his emotions. "I see it quite clearly now. I shouldn't expect less from one of the Noble's children, should I?" His words dripped with sarcasm, each syllable laden with venom. "You don't need advice, you don't need help. Mommy dearest must have already taught you everything you need to know, right? And your overbearing strength, well, that must come from your 'father.'"

Braze's voice rose with each word, his pent-up frustration boiling over into a torrent of resentment. "You're above it all, aren't you? The perfect student, the gifted little star, the 'prince' of the Noble family," he spat, his words laced with bitterness. "Well, good for you. I'm so happy you're so well off and so blessed."

He paused, his chest heaving with emotion, before delivering his final blow. "You won't have to hear my advice ever again, because I'm glad I'm not your master, and nor do I ever wish to be." With that declaration Braze stepped further away from Aris as if no longer wishing to be with in his presence.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked slowly as he listened. Then, frowned. To him, this explosion of emotion seemed to come from nothing. He hadn't said or done anything but state facts for what they were, but now there seemed to be something deeper going on in Braze's mind. Stress was what Saahar had called it, so was Braze feeling stressed now? Aris genuinely wasn't sure, so he did as he was told when he didn't know something.

"Are you okay, Braze?"

He asked.

Braze Braze

The truth was, Braze wasn't okay. He had reverted to his old defense mechanisms, resorting to saying hurtful things to distract from the overwhelming emotions flooding his mind. It wasn't a healthy coping mechanism, but in the moment of feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated, it was his default response. He had done something similar with Jasper when they first met on that mission, blurting out hurtful words he didn't mean.

This time, it felt more intense. But what had prompted it? To an outsider, it might have seemed like nothing, and perhaps Braze was overreacting to some degree. However, Braze wasn't familiar with this feeling, and it frightened him. He knew lightsabers were exceptionally dangerous, and there was a disconnect between what he saw and the logical reasoning he tried to apply to it.

The truth was, Aris had frightened him—like an animal stuck in a fight-flight-freeze response to danger. Aris's display of power, combined with catching a lightsaber barehanded, had shifted Braze's worldview abruptly. His mind struggled with the sudden idea that Aris was like a monster, something terrifying and dangerous to be around, something Braze shouldn't be near. But there was a disconnect; he couldn't label Aris as such because he had never seen him act with ill intent.

Yet, despite his internal turmoil, Braze found it sad—especially when contrasted with Aris's calm demeanor. Aris hadn't lashed out at Braze for his hurtful words, which only intensified Braze's feelings of guilt and shame.

It was a sad truth that Braze was painfully out of touch, his social skills ill-formed and his choices often poor. He knew his words were wrong, especially after they had left his mouth, but he couldn't muster the courage to apologize. With each passing moment of silence, the weight of his guilt grew heavier, his heart aching as if physically wounded by the tumult of emotions swirling within him.

'Just apologize,' he urged himself, knowing it was the decent thing to do. But as several painfully long, awkward moments stretched on, Braze found himself rendered momentarily speechless, caught in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The fight response that had triggered his hurtful words had now given way to a paralyzing sense of shame and regret.

When Aris showed kindness by asking if Braze was okay, despite the hurtful words he had endured, Braze found himself unable to respond, frozen in place by the overwhelming surge of anxiety and stress. The more time that elapsed between them, the worse Braze felt. His heart hurt physically from the upheaval of feelings and thoughts, making him feel even sicker. Just apologize. It was all he had to do, but he couldn't bring himself to formulate an apology.

In the end, he could only escape, his flight response kicking in as he shook his head and darted off abruptly. It was too much to bear. Braze needed distance from Aris to regain control of his emotions, to bring his mental state back to a semblance of normalcy. And so, with a heavy heart, he fled, leaving behind a trail of unresolved tension and regret in his wake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom