Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Iron And Ice [Iron Empire]

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
uxqx5Ts.png

The world of Ilum had long held great significance to practitioners of the force. Young Jedi would venture to the arctic planet, to undergo the ancient rite of The Gathering. There, deep within the Crystal Caves, younglings would endeavour to find a particular Kyber Crystal. One attuned to their force-presence.

Following the collapse of the One Sith, Ilum had become infested with remnants of the vile Empire. An upstart Sith Lord, seeking to entangle the planet in his grasp, founded an academy atop Ilum’s icy plains. Here, he would try to rebuild his despicable order. However, it would prove to be for naught, as the Iron Fleet appeared above the icy-blue planet. Soldiers of the Iron Empire descended upon the academy, and burned it to the ground. Slaughtering every Sith they could find.

Now, the Iron Empire sought to construct a fortress-monastery of their own, upon the Ilum’s hallowed ground. A stronghold that would ensure the future of the Iron Lords, and control of the planet’s Kyber Crystals. Under orders from Emperor Baelor, a detachment of Iron Lords were dispatched to the planet’s surface. There, they would aid in the ongoing construction of the mighty fortress.

A soldier, a warrior, and a monster was tasked with overseeing the construction of the Iron Empire's temple for the Iron Lords. Why would I be set out to aid in this when I should be hunting down the enemies of the crown. Thalia was having the time of her life with the sights and sounds of construction of the place. I shook my head as she shivered from the cold. She wore various layers of clothing, including a overly large fur overcoat that was gifted to her by one of the Iron Lords that was tasked under my command. Natalia had given it to her even though the woman's frame was much smaller.

I was always suspicious of others. Even just that little kindness to my apprentice was thought as a ploy to butter me up and get close to me. Either way, I could feel the light beaming off of my apprentice. She loved this. She saw progress. She saw people coming together for a common goal. I was the complete opposite. I saw a chance for our enemies to hit us. I saw a place where we could be attacked. However, I knew that this area would offer a much more superior stance within the galaxy. I had fought for this planet. It's only right I was here to help build it.

One of the Iron Lords under my command, A chiss by the name of Kartot, walked over and gave my apprentice an up and down look before turning to me.

"The fortifications are coming along nicely. Are there any other plans that we need to put into place?"
"Just make sure to make the training rooms, and the main training room can fit everyone we have and more."
"Why should we worry about more? Just make what is necessary."
"Do you expect us to not grow in size in the coming months and years, or do you assume we will become smaller and thus will have to tear down all we have created for the sake of not using too much stone and metal?"

The sarcasm was thrown into the mans face. For a man so diligent in his work, he didn't think it all the way through. However, the man nodded his head and walked away. I shook my head as Thalia spoke up.

"So much sass from a man who can barely use his left arm."
"Do you wish to get into a verbal battle with me?"
"No. Just commenting."
"Then keep them to yourself."

Honestly, I couldn't care less if she wanted to argue with me. She did on the regular. However, as I was in front of others, I would rather not have my apprentice look as though she were at the same level as myself. Honestly, I treated her much better than others. Why? Because I trusted her. Why? Because she was my apprentice. Why? Because she was my blood.

I wish this process of making this building be much faster. I wanted to get back into the field.

[member="Isamu Baelor"],

They had chosen the optimum time of the year for construction, the weather playing a large part in this decision, as it was summer in a sense as much as summer could be on Ilum. Which meant the temperature had not dropped much but at least the sky was clear and there would be no snow storms to hinder progress. A had arrived to the site early that day, with a tool kit which had been a gift from his father, so Théo had not come to stand around supervising but to muck in and get down to the dirty work. This would be where he would be more valuable, the most help others can do the finger pointing in directives.

The larger scale part of the construction would be handled by the droids and the engineers and heavy equipment had been brought in to place the prefabricated walls and floors, the masons busy at work with lazer cutters and everyone was ready to move in when the time came for them, for now the foundations are being laid. So much work to do in that alone.

It was mid morning when Théo pushed back the flap of the tent, his make shift forge on site. The sudden change in temperature as his body had been hard at work over the anvil and the coals. He raised his arm to shield his eyes from the glaring sun while his eyes adjusted to the sudden intrusion of light, but before him the bustle of workers moved around him. He wiped his hands on an old dirty rag, removing the sweat that ran down his arms and his bare chest glistened in the sun light damp from hard labour. He picked up a long sword resting against the tent, an old weapon of his used in training that had out lived its purpose, but it now has a new one. Walking a little distance from the tent to the more compacted ice, he plunged the sword into it and began to cut out a block. His Valkyri strength making short work of it, but even then it was hard but eventually the block of ice shifted and he would pick it on and place it on his shoulders.

As he plunged the sword into the snow, Théo suddenly stood upright, something prickled on his mind .. a voice riding on the wind yet there was none and his head turned toward the crystal caves. Jedi of old maybe, their spirits residing with the walls of the caves, so old. He had done his Watch on Rhen Var, entered the caves there to gain his solari crystal which now fuels his saber, and there was no need for another but the call of the caves is strong and he would go and visit when break time comes. Rhen Var is a test once one steps foot over the threshold, it would be no different, if not more of a test here on Ilum.
[member="Isamu Baelor"] | [member="Atheus"]

Ilum was a planet that Talos had yet to travel, he'd spent his life in the Outer Rim, but the Force had pulled him to the ice surface. Dressed in an extra layer of clothing, the Lord of Souls stepped off a transport shuttle with his four Archons in tow. The three Echoes that always accompanied him floated erely overhead. The Iron Empire, Their new ally, was here to rectify what the One Sith had done to this once sacred planet.

The Sephi Archons followed the leader in two rows, looks from the rank and file accumulated as they moved about the landing zone. Construction of the new Temple was already underway and the sounds of machinery could be heard all around. The five outsiders weren't exactly one of the guys yet, their past was a mystery as were their identities.

What could be said about Talos and his men was they weren't like the other FU's in the Empire. If anything, they'd appear far similar to the Empires enemies than anything. It wasn't anyone's fault, but Talos had once been amongst the OS ranks. Talos had never been a follower of their beliefs and practices, but their techniques had become part of his practices. That is how the Archons came to be.

As for aiding in the construction of this temple, Talos and the Archons found a spot away from the others and formed a pentagram and began to meditate in the Force. They were attempting to bolster the others fortitude in their labors.

Illum- a planet that had been historically important to the Sith, and the Jedi. To the Jedi, it was here that they had for thousands of years gathered lightsaber crystals. For the Sith, powerful historical figures like Darth Malgus had made his last stand here. For Krayzen however, he hated the planet, as the light-side nexus made him feel 'sick' in a way, even though he was still the same person he always been.

Where [member="Atheus"] had been given the responsibility of overseeing the construction, the Anzat had been given the responsibility of guarding the construction efforts, although he, just like in the One Sith, had given his own personal inputs on the matter, mostly basing his experiences from the Battle of Coruscant.

"Why was I ever deployed to this planet?"

"I don't know sir." a soldier said

"I don't know either." he replied.

As he stood in a tent, his army conducting patrols around the area, he wished to set up a contact with the fleet above, helping with patrols and so forth.

"The Teta stations have been deployed here correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"Excellent." After speaking, he immediately left, and decided to go and see the designers of the building, in order to give his own input on the matter.

Standing there, I felt almost useless. Many men were walking left and right, Back and forth doing the tasks that have been sent before them. Yet I stood there watching as each brick was placed and each pillar of steel was set into the ground. It was about as bad as watching paint dry on a fence. Shaking my head, I looked over to Thalia. I had to look down from my height to see the beaming smile on her face. She wanted to go and do something. Yet I was holding her here. I was the person holding her back. Looking back over to the wall, I removed a thermos from my belt. Hanging by a hook, I removed the lid, and took a drink.

Closing the lid up, I continued to stare at the wall as I spoke. My voice lower than our previous conversation.

"Thalia, As much as you are a princess, You will one day lead an entire country. For you to understand how construction, hardships, and the normal way of life is, Set your lightsaber down. Replace it with a hammer or tool of creation. Aid where you see fit."
"But, I am supposed to let others do this right? I mean I have no training in anything here."
"I know. Hence why you need to join. Sink or swim sis."
"Are you sure Atheus?"

I simply nodded my head. I could feel her emotions rise with glee. She wanted to help, but didn't know how. She still stood there for a moment.

"Where should I go?"
"I learned how to create from a forge. As a princess, you need to create objectives for your team. The blueprints could use a look over and see if there is anything useful you could add."
"I want something gritty. I'll go for the forges. You need to freshen up on your leadership skills."
"Says the girl who has never lead others."
"I helped on the flagship when we fought for this planet!"
"I'll give you credit there. Now begone."

She smiled and shook her head at me as she moved over towards the tents. My vision followed her to see one particular man, Theo, cutting some ice with a sword. Likely using it to cool, or to melt it into water for the forges. Either way, I could see that his attention was elsewhere. Even as Thalia walked over to him and started talking, I smiled a little. Turning back around, I headed for the main tents. Using my metallic arm to push away the flap to see Kartot was there speaking to another officer about my idea for adding more. As he turned to me, the officer instantly realized who I was by the hair, and the mask I wore. Let alone the metallic arm that was quite different than most. He bowed his head a little.

"No need to bow to me. You are just another man doing your job. Now fill me in on what is happening?

The Officer was taken aback slightly at my remark to now bow to me. I hated bowing. Bowing was a sign of respect, not a sign of fear. Unless the man truly held me in high regard, instead of not wanting me to cut him open with my saber, then he will not bow to me. Kartot expected it and stood back as the officer began to speak.

"My apologizes for not realizing we would be building this to suit more than you intend. I was concerned for the men working and not having to perform extra for things that are not a necessity."
"No need to speak as such. Atheus has ideas to have this be the first, and larger of the temples we build. A main hub if you will."
"So this would be the first temple that we introduce to new cadets and students?"
"Yes. No better place than a historical planet, as well as close to a crystal source for lightsabers. Now, are you adding in the changes for the various areas to be larger?"
"Yes. However, I do not know how large you wanted such spaces to be from their previous designs."
"Back at home, many will say, Prepare for hundreds if you only have ten."
"So ten times bigger... sir?"
"Haha. Not quite. I would say double the size of the rooms, and the living quarters to compensate for it. The courtyard and the rest can mostly stay the same size as they are already fairly large."

It was at this time that I could hear footsteps outside. Not sure if they were just moving about to work, or coming to the tent, but I made sure to note them. Having awareness of my surroundings was best, considering how suspicious I was of just about everybody here.

-------------------------------------------------------

After walking away from Atheus, I could only smile as I shuddered slightly from the cold. Moving over towards the forging tents, I found one man outside who was not really dressed for the weather, yet was hacking at snow with a sword. Why didn't he use a lightsaber? Either way, I took off the much larger coat and sat it on a wood bench that was outside. I didn't see any tools on it, so I thought it was safe to put it there. Looking behind me, I saw my mentor and honestly, my brother that I never had, walking towards the tents. Looking over to the young man again, I smiled and introduced myself.

"Um, hi? I'm Thalia. I was wondering if you guys needed help with anything? I don't want to just be standing around doing nothing all day."

[member="Krayzen Dratos"], [member="Talos Rygat"], [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], [member="Isamu Baelor"], [member="Kimiko"], [member="Morgan"], [member="Kiriko"],

The whispering voices had become more real in that moment, but it was not the Jedi of old but a girl that had placed herself on the seat by the forge tent. Walking toward her with a large block of ice on his shoulder, he nodded his head in greeting before speaking. "Well met Thalia, I'm Théo", he simply said as he spare hand pulled back the flap on the tent. He had to bend in order to enter but before he did, "I can always use some more help", he said inclining his head to the interior.

Once inside, the temperature rose dramatically and within seconds his body began to sweat again. The hot coals of the forge red with fire captured within them and a lad stood feeding it with more. Théo walked to the troth and dumped the ice block in it, it had already began to melt and had become slippery but he welcomed the cold of it. For Thalia, as she entered the tent, it would be like stepping into another world, something foreign to her he assumed or maybe not, after all the galaxy is a large place and worlds out there yet to be known to Théo.

580ad7a1758dd4b0f6d94405f2ef6ba7.jpg

He had been working of a piece of metal, a design of a symbol of honour of the Valkyri that would inlay the main doors to the training room. It was all but completed only the polishing of it would finish the work. It's not finished, until you say it's finish, the words of his father coming to his mind as he looked at it holding it in front of his eyes. "Would you like to polish this up for me?", he placed the inlay on a table on which she would find rags and home made concoction to shine up the metal, it is about the size of Valkyri shield.
[member="Atheus"] | [member="Krayzen Dratos"] | [member="Talos Rygat"] | [member="Isamu Baelor"]

The former Sith Knight left the ten, flanked by two soldiers as he arrived at another tent where designers were modifying, and conversing to themselves about what to add. Fortunately, the Citadel was in it's beginning stages, allowing for modifications to be made. Just like in his time in the One Sith, Krayzen would give his input, although he had a feeling he wasn't adding anything new.

When the Anzat entered the temple, the designers looked at him, and bowed with respect.

"General Dratos." they said, before Krayzen motioned for them to stop.

"How is the design looking like? May I give my input on it.

"Of course." they said.

"Then let us begin."

A formation of Kiribian warships and merchant vessels reverted back to realspace over Illum, joining the fleet of the Iron Empire already overhead. At the heart of the formation was Arisa's flagship, the Hyuna, a remodeled Champion Class Star Destroyer heavily modified to the point that it could be considered its own sub-class. Already a fine warship to begin with, the Hyuna and her sister ships now incorporated cutting edge systems produced by KSA to better respond to current threats like hypervelocity kinetic weapons and electronic warfare. Buzzing around the large ships were squadrons of Fencer interceptors and Cyclone bombers creating protective fighter screens.

Arisa had come with objectives to accomplish here for multiple parties. As a member of the Silver Jedi Order, the Watchman would assist her new ally in its project to establish a foothold on Illum with its terrestrial fortress and orbital defense network. It was in their mutual interest to see that Illum and its inhabitants were kept safe from raiders and other foes who craved planet's dwindling reserves of Force crystals for their destructive ends. To accomplish this task, she had ferried an army of engineers to assist with construction efforts. Their focus would be on setting up the air defense grid. It was to be
a fully automated multilayer system designed to intercept targets large and small, from individual projectiles to an enemy fleet of capital ships.

Joining the ISAF mission were Kiribian science teams who had interests beyond the IE's defense. They had come to survey the planet itself to see if the local fauna could be restored after centuries of ecological devastation from planetary strip mining operations, much of it done during the time of the old Galactic Empire. As an environmentally conscious people, Kiribians were committed to participating in conservation efforts wherever they operated, and Illum could use a lot of love.

Finally, she was on something of a personal quest during her return to Illum. Since the destruction of her first lightsaber during her early Padawan days, she had just been using a refurbished Sith lightsaber equipped with a silver synthetic crystal of her own making. She thought it was about high time that she built a new set of lightsabers that reflected her growth from Padawan to Knight, and wanted to incorporate Illum crystals into them.

We certainly have our work cut out for ourselves she thought as she looked over a holographic rendering of the scarred planet. It seemed to be in even worse shape than the last time she had been here, but then the Sith did have their run of the planet for a while. Within the
orbit of Illum, she began to feel a dark taint radiating from the surface. The veteran knew this feeling well, it came from death, especially those of Force Sensitives. Violent deaths. Killing.

It looked as though her crystal hunt would have to be put on hold as she investigated this disturbance. Much to her horror, the Watchman may have just stumbled upon the beginnings of a nexus of the Dark Side.

(([member="Krayzen Dratos"] If you like, we can complete the contract within this thread just to streamline things.))

[member="Arisa Yune"]

The Anzati sat down as the designers listened to him. He had a feeling that they were expecting him to mention something big, but he didn't think it was in any manner, as most base defenses across the galaxy most likely had defenses like this.

"May I ask what you have already, as I do not wish to redundant."

"As you wish sir."

A large 3D hologram of the design was shown, and the designers soon began to speak.

"We are working on a defensive network that has multiple layers, being able to combat ground, and air threats. We are beginning on working on setting up mines on the ground that have IFF tags, so that they will not explode if need be. Tank barriers have also began to be set up, as well as other barriers in order to restrict their usage on the battlefield.

Anti-capital ship guns have also been set up. They feature the Chiss' own masers, as well as hypervelocity guns, and turbolasers. This are aimed at combating large capital ships. The hypervelocity guns, and the turbolasers will make up the first layer of defense, and they will be aimed at combating large/small capital ships. The masers will make up the final layer of defense.

Our deck-cannons will also be set up in order to combat starfighters. In terms of the ground, we intend on establishing a variety of turrets, both comprising of masers/slugs, in order to protect ourselves from ground troops.

We are also working on slave-rigging the mines. We currently lack any knowledge on software, and so forth, so we are waiting for someone with knowledge on the field in order to help us with it([member="Arisa Yune"])" the head designer said.

The Anzat was surprised. He was a bit cautious, as he wasn't aware of who was arriving. The Dark Jedi Knight however trusted them -to a degree-, and he knew the IE wouldn't get incompetent individuals to work on such an important project.

As he waited for the individual to arrive, the Anzat continued to converse with the designers, discussing about comm systems, and so forth.

Talos and his Archons sat cross-legged in the pentagram and focused on the Force. Through the ability Force Meld, they were able to share their power and bolster their allies. Focusing on the workers and other aids to the build, a shared strength among the unit as a whole would begin to feel an increase in their ability to work past exhaustion.

Anyone watching the five would undoubtedly notice the three little Echoes swirling in the center of the group, chattering away in what seemed like nonsense.

We are stronger together...We shall push the limits of others...From Us we shall feed Them strength...

[member="Krayzen Dratos"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Krayzen Dratos"] [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] [member="Atheus"] [member="Isamu Baelor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom