Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends Feature Has Been Disabled

I rather liked the friends feature, just to see if my faction members or friends are on if I need to get a hold of them. But the feature doesn't help much if the site crashes because of it I suppose.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Damn, the one feature I actually used consistently... ;n;

In other news, I do believe the Like/Reputation feature is also gone, lol?

Glad though. Makes much needed room for more important things. Viva la Achievements!

Lord Ghoul

L
forever-alone-face.png

Every time a simple number is displayed to you, an HTTP request is sent to the server. Every time it updates, a request is sent to you from the server. Every time you add a friend, a request is sent to the server. Every time you view your friend's list, a request is sent to the server.

Now multiply that by the 700 daily visitors we get, and the numbers begin to build. On top of that, it's all powered by AJAX, a very server-intensive protocol. Sadly, we just can't afford to provide the service any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom