Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendly Drinks (Talia)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Talia Al Ghul"]
S.A.A.T Lecture Hall
Lecture on Glaucus Species
Noah had been sitting in the lecture for a couple of hours now,hearing the boring professors of Sentientology step up and speak about the Glaucus species. In truth Noah had come hear to see only one professor,Talia Al Ghul. After the failed invasion of Fondor,Noah did some research into the woman,and what he found was pretty impressive. Head researcher of Sentientology at O.P.S.A.A.T. and a leading figure at the academy. So now Noah had decided to see if she wanted to have a drink,completely platonically of course,Noah wasn't interested in any relationship after what had happened with Haven.

Talia

Professor of Sentientology
@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia spent the majority of her time keeping a low profile, seemingly under the reasoning that she needed to debrief the director of S.A.A.T about her findings during her excursion.

However, as luck would have it, a seminar ended with the sight of a familiar face; the Colonel Corek. Talia gave a brief pause, having intending to go to her office for some solitude. For pleasantries sake, she gave a small curt nod, followed by a "Greetings Colonel."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"Professor Al Ghul,its good to see you again. I would be a liar if I was to say that I'm here out of coincidence." Noah informed her with a smile as he stood from the desk and stretched out the kinks in his after sitting in it for so long. "I wanted to see if you wanted to go get a drink." Noah informed her and then felt someone bump into him. As soon as the person bumped into him,Noah reached back and grabbed the guys forearm. "What the hell man!?" The kid screamed out at him before Noah held out his hand. "Kid,I suggest you give me my sidearm back before I get angry." Noah informed the kid who sighed and then gave it back with a glare. "Dude,come on man,do you know how many creds I would get for selling the sidearm of the commander of the Omega Pyre?" The kid asked as Noah let get and slipped the blaster pistol back into its holster and glared at the kid,who quickly put up his hands defensively and then left. After the little altercation,Noah turned back and smiled at Talia.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Well... that was one way to start the day, came Talia's inner musing as she saw the entire event unfold with a slight wide eyed stare.

"That's something new," came her first comment, slipping various sheets of filmsi into her bag, only to pause slightly at the offer of a drink. A brow rose up to him in question, "A drink?" her expression gave evidence that she wasn't quite sure why the Colonel wanted a drink with her to begin with.

"Is there a reason why?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"Trust me,not the first time I've had to deal with a pickpocket in my life. I grew up on the mid-levels of Coruscant,pickpockets aren't really an uncommon thing there." Noah informed her as he drew his sidearm and inspected it to make sure the would've been thief hadn't damaged it. "As for your question,I need a drinking partner. Simple as that. Most of my friends within the Protectorate either can't consume alcohol or they are too busy. So,I've decided to make a new friend." Noah informed her with a bit of a childish grin. He had to admit,them being friends was a comical thing in his eyes. Talia being a 5'9 petite scientist,while Noah was a 6'6 commando who was built like a tank.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Ah, this was awkward. She gave him a faint grin, and her eyes went glancing over at her office just a couple of feet away. Ohh sooo close, but sooo far! Alright, what was she to do? If she said no, well, the Colonel could leave it at that and think nothing of it... or he might begin to get a bit more curious about the Xenologist. If she said yes, well, that would make it a bit tricker to keep under wraps like she had grown used to. She wasn't quite ready to dive into the Protectorate social life.

Her shoulders rose, as she took a breath, hesitating for a moment before a thought came to mind. How about a compromise? A smile grew a bit wider and she gave a wag of her index finger, "I don't quite have the time to go out somewhere for drinks," she explained, but offered this instead, "But I do have a bottle of Velusian brandy in my office." it would kill two birds with one stone, and if he accepted or declined, she still had a measure of control.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"Velusian Brandy?" Noah asked with a skeptical look as he smiled at her. "I'd be down for some of that. It's been a long time since I've had some Velusian Brandy." Noah informed her as he smiled and turned around gesturing her towards her office so she could unlock it for them.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia gave a short laugh, then motioned for Noah to follow her into her office. "Don't knock it back." she told him, turning around to walk towards her office. A slight pause in front of a keypad and she made to unlock her office. "It can give quite a kick if you aren't careful." she said, the door opening with a slight hiss.

Long legs led her inside, to where she walked round a large desk to place her pack down. "Have a seat," she gestured to the empty chair in front of her desk, while she took the couple of steps towards the cupboard where the bottle of brandy sat. Two glasses in one hand and the bottle in the other, she made her way back.

"So, why the need to ask for drinks with the scientific community, hmm?" she asked, setting down the glass in front of him.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah grinned when Talia gave out a small laugh and then followed her to the office. When the comment about not knocking it and it having quite a kick if one wasn't careful reached his ears,he chuckled. "Don't worry,after 13 years of being a commando,you either learn to hold your liquor or you puke your guts out." Noah informed her with a grin. As she walked behind her desk,Noah's eyes drifted towards for a second or two,before hastily snapping back up . 'Keep it under control Noah,we don't want a repeat of what happened with Haven.' He mentally scorned himself as he sat down in the chair opposite of Talia's and smiled as the drink was put in front of him. He took sip of the drink and smiled before answering her question. "Well.I'm actually trying to diversify the group of people I hang out with." Noah answered honestly as he took another sip.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia poured herself about three fingers worth of the brandy, sliding into her chair with a hint of a smile in her lips, a bit curious. Her right leg went crossing over her left, while her right hand lightly began to rock the glass of brandy.

"Diversify?" she repeated, arching a brow. "Is that all?" it was a courtesy question, but hey, it had been a long while since she last spoke to Corek with some measure of conversation.

He just didn't know that.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah sighed and took another sip from his cup as Talia called him on his answer. "In truth,I'm just actually trying to get over my ex-fiancee. We broke up a couple of weeks ago because of somethings that she was doing." Noah informed her,but then the thought of Haven made him angry,so he chugged the resit of the contents of his glass like it was plain water.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

"Ex-Fiancee?" well that was a shocker? She was curious, but she was not about to intrude on the identification of the flighty ex girlfriend.

"I see." she gave a pause, bringing the glass up to take another sip of the brandy. Noticing his now empty glass, she took the bottle and refilled it. "So trying to break out of the box and mingle, then?" she asked as she poured him about three inches worth of the liquor.

"I'm sorry to say... but the scientific community isn't the most entertaining of departments," she said with a slight humorous quip, intending to lighten the mood a bit.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled when Talia mentioned the fact that the scientific community wasn't the best place to mingle. "Thanks for the refill. But on to your obvious curiosity." Noah informed her as he took his cup and took another swig. "I've spent my life as a soldier since I was 17,fought in every major campaign with the Republic up until my dishonorable discharge and then raised a merc band and after that,spent six months as a Lieutenant in the Omega Pyre,served through three Protectors,of which two I didn't exactly like,and finally these last four months,I've commanded over 2,500 of the most elite soldiers in the western half of the galaxy. I think a little boringness is what I need in my life." Noah informed her as he finished of the rest of the glass.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia couldn't help but crack a half smile at the tale. "Ah... is that's why you joined the Protectorate?" she asked, when he referenced about the Republic. She didn't miss what he mentioned about not particularly enjoying two out of the three Protectors, but they could get back to that later.

"Sounds like it has been a rough year."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"It has been fun. I've made more friends and people I could trust then I can count. Jorus Merrill,HK-36,Nyos Val,Ventasia Terana and Chloe Blake are just a few. Of course,Ventasia and me are not really friends,just more of a 'CO to XO' relationship." Noah informed her as he looked at his reflection in the empty glass. In the reflection,he saw a little speck of silver in his hair,he picked it out and saw that a piece of his brown hair had gone white with stress. He gave the strand a small frown and a heavy sigh as he inspected it.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia gave a half smirk as she caught Noah plucking a silver hair. Her glass went tipping towards his direction, "They creep up on you." she motioned with one finger to the strands of silver within the mahogany at the crown of her head.

She then gave a nod, "They are a good group. The kind you can put your life down fighting for them, knowing that they will do the same for you." her finger went tapping against the glass of her drink.

"You know... vacations are a wonderful thing," she wasn't being facetious, "They even do this wonderful thing called alleviate stress."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah raised an eyebrow when she said that the people he had mentioned were good people who would lay down their live,which Noah found strange because he didn't give her info about them,just names,he just wrote it off his endless pool of paranoia. "I've tried to take a vacation,but anytime I go anywhere on a vacation,I just feel like there is something that's missing." Noah informed her as he sat his empty glass down on the desk.

Talia

@[member="Noah Corek"]

Talia gave a slow rotation of her wrist, the amethyst liquid of the brandy giving a gentle whirl within her glass.

"Oh? And just what is missing?" she asked him, a brow arching in curiousity. It was the curse of her kind. That endless curiosity.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
"I mean the right person to spend my life with. It just seems like every girl I date either stabs me in the back,cheats on me or leaves." Noah informed her with a huff of air and a little bit of a sniffle.

Talia

A small grin appeared upon Talia's lips, as she peered at @[member="Noah Corek"] over the rim of her glass.

"Colonel... I never pictured you as the romantic type," she said with a slight tease, meaning no harm in it whatsoever.

She had to admit, after half a year stuck in the Unknown regions, this was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom