Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship FR/I-32 "Dropkick" Fast Reconnaissance/Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
star_wars_koensayr_btl_m1_m_class_scout_ship_by_adamkop_dcldk3o-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a dedicated interceptor for the open market
  • Image Source: Deviantart
  • Canon Link: Interceptor
  • Permissions: I own Treatech
  • Primary Source: Vaguely this
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Interceptor
  • Length: 20m
  • Width: 13m
  • Height: 4m
  • Armament: Very High
  • Defenses: Low
  • Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: 2.0
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Move Fast and Break Things
    • Dropkick interceptors are equipped with three powerful engines with excellent acceleration. FR/I-32s dictate fights by using their high speeds to jump on vulnerable targets and escape before they receive incoming fire
  • All-Seeing Eye
    • Dropkick interceptors are equipped with high-tier sensor systems, making them excellent for reconnaissance missions.
  • Stone Hands
    • While lacking in sheer volume of firepower, the light turbolasers that Dropkicks are equipped with let them hit harder than what's expected for a starfighter. Dropkick interceptors are thus able to forgo the proton torpedoes that most starfighters need to take to deal damage to larger ships, as their main cannons are able to do that.
WEAKNESSES
  • Don't Turn With a Zero
    • FR/I-32s are not superiority fighters, they're not able to sustain in a drawn out dogfight. They are built with heavy armor paneling that weighs them down and takes up space, limiting options for defensive systems. Their goal is to zip in, hit hard, and jet out. If these ships are drawn into a dogfight, they will get dominated by most fighters with better maneuverability
  • Wingmen
    • FR/I-32 ships have low squadron counts, they will struggle if deployed to intercept large groups of fighters due to the sheer number disadvantage
  • Shooting Musket Balls at Bees
    • While the light turbolasers are powerful, Dropkick interceptors struggle to put accurate fire on smaller targets like drones or probes. They have no hope of targeting missiles or torpedoes
DESCRIPTION

Treatech's interceptor design faced some challenges in R&D. Designers wanted to create a fast, starfighter class ship with powerful cannons. Without compromising the ability to mass produce the desired ship, engineers had to cut off certain traits from the original design. The result was a dedicated interceptor with reconnaissance functionality, instead of a multi-role superiority fighter. With cheap, heavy armor panels taking up space, standard deflector shields, advanced sensors, and a hyperdrive, there was little space left in the ship. Because of this, compromising maneuverability in favor of high speed and heavy weapons was deemed favorable than redesigning the entire ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom