Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech NT-I 4 Ion Neutralizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
SensorGlobe-InsideTheWorldsOfSWTrilogy.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a subsystem for Treatech
  • Image Source: Sensor Globe
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Treatech
  • Affiliation: Treatech Holdings
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: NT-I 4 Ion Neutralizer
  • Modularity: Variable size scaling
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Duraplast, Plastoid, micro-electronics, focusing lens, micro cap drains, Ion/EMP detector packages
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Counter Pulse Waves
    • The Ion Neutralizer will passively terminate rogue ionizing reactions
  • Capacitor Override Command Sequence
    • A recent patch due to the increase in rate of combat encounters of the Ion Neutralizer, the system can be overloaded to send out counter pulse waves at a higher rate than normal if a sudden burst of Ion energy is expected
  • Droid-Brain Compability
    • The Ion Neutralizer does not require that it be linked to a droid brain, but when it is linked to one detection protocols are more efficient and reboot times are reduced
STRENGTHS
  • Ion Repellent
    • The Ion Neutralizer will help guard systems it is installed in against unwanted ionizing energy
  • EMP Repellent
    • The Ion Neutralizer projects an anti-EMP field around the system it is installed in via complex routing of micro cap drains and the pulse wave technology the system deploys. This screens a ship or system from low level EM energy present in space
  • Variable Size Design
    • Can be produced to fit in nearly any standard size of starship or vehicle, larger vessels benifit from this, as the size of the NT-I 4 correlates to the amount of Ion energy it can neutralize. The bigger the ship, the more ion energy it can counteract.
WEAKNESSES
  • Cycle Rate
    • The Ion Neutralizer was not meant to be a combat sub-system, it was designed as passive protection from passing ion storms and envrionmental electromagnetic pulses, as a result the rate at which is sends out counter pulse waves is low, and the system can be bypassed by continual application of ion energy to a ship, such as the output of a extremely potent or fast firing ion cannon or weapon, or a powerful ion storm
  • Size-Intensity ratio
    • Intended for larger spacefaring vessels, high demand for the Ion Neutralizer has resulted in a variable size design. Due to the nature of the systems internals though, the smaller the build, the less powerful the capabilites. The passive counter pulses of a dreadnaught-class NT-I 4 will far outmatch the capabilities of even an overloaded system installed on say, a speeder, or small starfighter
  • System Reboot
    • If overloaded by high volume or potency of Ion energy, the system will shut down and begin a system reboot. The speed of which the reboot occurs is inverse to the Size-Intensity ratio, that is to say, the smaller the build, the faster the reboot.
    • Manuel system overloads to increase the cycling rate also force this system reboot
  • Fragile Screening
    • The anti-emp field projected by the counter pulse waves of the NT-I 4 is nowhere near as effective at diffusing EM as it is Ion energy. Most kinds of electro-magnetic weaponry will pass through, as the system is simply not built to counteract it
DESCRIPTION:
Initially proposed as a safety sub-system designed to be installed in Ion Engines, the NT-I 4 is now available to be installed as an independent system, though it retains engine functionality. Through careful tuning of various internal components, the Ion Neutralizer sends out counter pulse waves that kill ion reactions between atoms, effectively "neturalizing" ionizing energy threats. Additionally, it projects a low-level EMP screen to counteract naturally occuring electro magnetic energy in space and atmospheres

Two sets of Ion Neutralizers can be installed in ships that require them, one in the engine system and one as an independent system. This does nothing to naturally increase the cycling rate or intensity, though intelligent engineers or droid brains are able to jailbreak the systems into pulse at timed, alternating rates so that they functinally double the cycling rate of the overall system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom