Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fox on the run

OyWzXb1.jpg

Objective: Get the pad and keep a low profile
Tag: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
m6pBhJQ.png
A few days ago...

"You boys ready to get this done?" he said with a smirk to the group of four standing before him. Each one of them nodded eagerly, excited for what was ahead of them. Cartri couldn't help but feel nervous about taking four orphans his age to something considered risky, but if they were more than willing to help he could complain. Since coming to Denon, he had a keen interest in helping kids that were in the bleak situation he was in. The vile people running the orphanage didn't know, of course, only the kids inside had the benefit of getting what they deserved. When he purposed the idea during one of his visits he didn't force any of them to come, only a few brave souls put their hands up anyway to take on the challenge. A reason for their interest was to repay Cartri for what they did for them, something for which the teen was more than thankful.

"As ready as we can be. After all, it's about time we do something for you" one of them chuckled as he looked to the rest of the crew with encouragement. Cartri slowly nodded with a smile "You didn't need to owe me anything, and you never will. My only reward is getting you all out of that stinking place one day" he said, before looking behind him down the alley. It was time... if the plan failed there would be other chances to get the datapad. The main goal was just to get everyone out unhurt. "Now remember, keep your distance from the guards and throw things from a good length, preferably nothing too damaging. If you are unlucky enough to get caught, try and keep quiet if you can. Although, if they start to get rough don't hesitate to tell the truth. I'd rather be found out than hear any of you got hurt from this." he explained to them in a stern tone as he began to walk away, indicating for them to follow "Alright, get your positions. You lot know when to start..."

It only took a few moments for everyone to wonder and get in a good spot, each one of them minding their own business as they waited for the bloated diplomat to come through. The plan was simple, the kids would use the marketplace for their disposal by "borrowing" a few items beforehand. From there, they would get close enough where they can throw the items at the guards, scurrying them and leaving the diplomat on his own for Cartri to confront. Stupidly, it was said in his notes that he always insisted on carrying the datapad everywhere he went. Without his guards, he wouldn't be any trouble by the slightest.

"There he is..." he grunted, his eyes resting on a big, overconfident fellow who thought he was better than everyone else. You could spot him from a mile away, with his fancy and oversized clothes which really didn't suit him. Thankfully, only two guards were with him at the time, but to say they weren't armed or prepared was a lie. Both of them wore some kind of armor and had a blaster slung over their chest, the pair looking professional and clean compared to other soldiers. Strutting along the diplomat stopped next to an exotic food stand, his eyes shining from the range of tasty food in front of him. Although, his food daze would soon be cut short.

Out of the blue, a jogan fruit flew through the air and hit one of the guards on the back. Both of them turned around with authority, only to be met with a face full of purple mush exploding into their vision. The pair yelled with frustration as the diplomat turned around, discovering that his priceless coat had been covered by a sticky purple substance "My coat!" he whimpered as he glared furiously at the two bodyguards "What are you waiting for, go get them!" he shouted at the top of his lungs before suddenly trying to push through the crowd as the guards turned around.

Not bothering to check his surroundings he leaned over and breathed heavily in front of an alleyway, clearly out of shape from the longest exercise he had done in years. He'd managed to slip away into a quiet street, away from the hustle and bustle of the marketplace behind him. Suddenly, with a loud grunt Cartri ran at him from behind and used his boot to kick him from behind, sending the big man stumbling until he fell face first into the floor "W-what in the name!" he growled, but before he could flip onto his back the teen placed a foot on his back and eased his struggles for now "Now now tubby, if you move a single muscle I won't hesitate to end your miserable life!" Cartri said with a tough voice, making him sound older than he was and masking his identity from the man "Okay! please! just take what you want alright?" he choked, clearly falling for the ruse he actually had a gun "Good man..." he said confidently, quickly leaning down to swipe the data pad out of his satchel. Looking down, he glared at the pad for a few moments before putting it under his arm "Leave that face of yours on the floor for ten minutes. Maybe in that time, you'll think about the vile actions to put on people's lives" he growled as he lifted his foot off the floor, deciding to give him a boot in the ribs for good measure.

Heaving on the floor, the greedy diplomat cussed every word under the sun. While on the other hand Cartri had a huge smirk on his face from a job well done. It went better than he thought it would. Although he'd need to see in the morning if everyone had gotten away safely.

Current time...

"So how did it go young man?" the old barman said to Cartri as he slid him over a cold cup of juice "It went well, up until the next morning," he said with a sigh as he took a sip from his cup, his eyes gazing around him curiously. Tonight was busy for the blue flame, with many of the locals minding their own business and chatting to each other peacefully. "Someone from the crew got picked up by the authorities when they arrived. They've held him at the station for a few days now so I'm not too sure what's going on" Cartri frowned, almost blaming himself for the kid's situation. The barman slowly tutted and began cleaning out a mug with a clean cloth, his head shaking at the same time "That's why you should have stuck with the people who knew how to do a job. Maybe it would have been wise to at least train them before throwing them into the deep end" he remarked, before placing the clean mug under the table "Even though you got what you went for, you've probably got a whole force looking for your hair now. And if that somehow comes back to me, then we'll be in some trouble..."

The man behind the bar was actually the person who told him of the diplomat's location in the first place. That was only because he owed Cartri a favor for doing some jobs for him when he first arrived on this sorry planet. Shrugging, Cartri took a big gulp and looked up to him "You don't need to worry, not a single thing was mentioned about your inclusion" he said sternly, another gaze looking around his surroundings for any watchers. To be totally honest, he knew the kid would have to give up the information sooner or later. It was only a matter of time until a wise guy came after him, so he needed to find a contact sooner or later.

Last edited:

FOX ON THE RUN
ROUGH JUSTICE vol. I
Issue #4

kwzlsmL.png
Nighttime and Dagon's back in the grind on the murky mire of crime-ridden streets of Denon. A world so full of corruption and filth that the all too familiar underbelly of Coruscant seemed like Naboo in comparison. Things were inverted on Denon and by things I mean crime. The gutter runs top-down. Corporate directors, the higher echelons of power, the corruption comes from above and it doesn't rain on those at the bottom.

It pours.

Nighttime and the precinct's surprisingly bustling. It never is unless something really, really bad has happened... to someone up above. Otherwise, it's the lazy cops sleeping on the job, the corrupt officers out in the streets working full-time employment for the mobs and the corpos, and Han Typho - one of the very few good cops. They always get the night shift, it's like a punishment, you see, for not adhering to 'how Denon is'. Han's a few years Dagon's senior, a uniform when he's supposed to have been a detective a thousand times already but he always fails the test.

Not by his own volition.

No one wants a sniffing hound loyal to the system, or well, the system that's on paper.

There's a juvie battered in the interrogation room, pinned to the wall by two no brains, all muscle goons dressed as cops. No chance to get in, not when I'm not a cop. And it's back to considering the idea of joining the force again. But Han's a good cop, he eavesdrops on the goons and gives me the rundown.

It goes from bad to worse in a matter of words.

Some chumps got a pad from an Alliance official - Glen Watanabe. A name that more than occasionally pops in when you set up the convoluted crime board investigating Denon's corruption. There was hope when the Alliance was moving in but hope got drowned by money. There are more than a dozen worlds ridden with crime in the Core, what's so special about Denon to do something about it. Not worth the effort. It's a cash cow and their PR's top-notch. Can't go wrong with it. For all it's worth, with the Alliance's jurisdiction over Denon, at least Dagon got some more resources and flexibility to work with.

Getting into the precinct no longer had to be through the window.

But this time the Jedi has to go out through the window. Quickest way to the rooftops. The two cop goons are already on their speeder and hit the gas to the Seven Corners. Bazza's men, know them by the stench of scotch. Bazza. Porter 'Bazza' Haught, an 'honorable' lieutenant on both the payroll of the Force and the suits in the high rises. He could rough you up so bad you'd be admitting guilt when you're innocent. Speaking of Bazza, he oughta be down at Kitty Corner. Having fun, I bet, until these two clowns pick up the holo and he slams a poor girl into the wall. Talk about temper.

The two jacks are off to a running start, going seventy miles an hour on Hydian boulevard and I'm already burning through the anti-sleep pills to keep up. It's a losing race but they gotta turn right on Ardas Street, then a left into 7th avenue. Gotta slow 'em down. It's a busy intersection at night. Ardas Street and 7th. It's the quickest route to the Seven Corners. A ten-block run. Nothing for a speeder blaring sirens.

They hit the brakes when a truck takes their right of way and it's a thirty-story fall for Dagon. It's a death sentence without the Force but instead, he lands with a heavy thud on the cops' vehicle. It takes them by surprise but I hear the guns lock. And it's a dodge the bolt dance of the evening. They spray the roof and graze the Jedi's limbs. Scorching heat but the goons have lost control of the vehicle. A jump, a push through the Force and the vehicles out of commission into an alley. Somehow no passerby's injured. Buys me a little time to get to the bar before Bazza himself does.

A ten-block run goes by fast when the Force amps your speed but a twenty-four day gone by with no sleep's already weighting on the Jedi's shoulders. What is that Asmundr always told me? The Force is infinite but you are not. It rings true when Dagon enters the bar the juvie pointed as the meeting spot and sweat runs down his brow until the salt tastes sweet. Barely anyone pays him in attention - he's got a leather jacket but not the one with the NJO symbol on it and there's no lightsaber in sight. Dagon's learned to be covert on Denon the hard way.

Gathering his breath and wits together, the investigator slides into a chair, leans over to the bartender and says.

"In three minutes and thirty seconds, a lunatic with a badge's gonna show up and light the place up unless you tell me who's got Watanabe's pad."

Bartenders, he'd come to learn since his crime-fighting youth on Coruscant, were infobrokers of the highest quality.

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

OyWzXb1.jpg

Objective: Escape from the man
Tag: Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze
m6pBhJQ.png
The teen held the cup up to his mouth and began to gulp down a large portion of his drink, up until a man sat down next to him and began demanding answers to his questions. Cartri was only sitting a few chairs away and heard the whole thing, making him freeze in place as the last drop of liquid went down his throat "I believe I do stranger..." the barman said without skipping a beat, shooting a quick gaze to the boy as a word of warning. Beforehand, they both agreed that if necessary the informant (The barman) could reveal the location or the name of a wanted person to keep the Darkwire network intact. All Cartri could do was glare between them as the barman finally spilled the beans "He's sitting right next to you belive it or not. I'm afraid he couldn't keep his mouth shut on the whole ordeal. By all means take him out of my establishment before he starts any more trouble" the barman acted, knowing he had to make a convincing call to place it all on the boy

Cartri slowly turned his head to the investigator and lowered his drink, nervous energy surrounding his movements as he slowly raised himself from his seat "Hey now... I think you might have the wrong kid here" the shadow runner insisted, blindly backing away into the crowd to gain distance from the man "What use would I ha-" was all he could say before bumping heavily into someone behind him, spilling the customers drink all over the table as he angrily began to turn around. Cartri looked back with wide eyes, sneakily ducking down and moving away before the hulking figure turned around and gazed a whole into an innocent bystander who was standing behind him at the wrong time "You're going to pay for the drink you little shmuck!" the man growled, stepping forwards to tower over the confused man who glared up to him without any fear "What? I ain't paying for anything!" the accused shouted back with a brisk shove.

Within seconds people began to rush over to the commotion and separate the pair, giving Cartri a chance to try and slip away. Choosing to keep low he went around the back of the raging alcoholics and pushed through to the front door, not bothering to look back as he immediately kicked his legs and ran down the street. He wasn't sure if the man had seen him exit, but he wasn't going to take any chances. For ten minutes straight he kept running, not even considering stopping until he was absolutely sure he had escaped the mysterious figure that was looking for him. Throughout that journey, he went through markets, back alleys. back doors, you name it. This datapad was important to him, without it many lives would be endangered by the corporate machine swallowing them whole.

Finally stopping next to a wall, the teen slowly climbed up a rusty, metallic ladder that was hanging freely in a quiet alleyway. He was certain once he reached the top everything would be in the clear. Clambering over the final step he set foot on the long abandoned roof and put two hands on his hips, trying to get his breath back as he slowly walked to a large neon sign facing away from him. Cartri made himself comfy and slowly slid himself down to the dusty roof floor, leaning himself against the sign to rest.

All he could do was release a satisfied smirk from the adrenaline rush, almost impressed with himself from how easy he got away. However, that wouldn't last long his eyes caught a familiar coat fluttering in the wind not so far away "You're kidding me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom