Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foundational Manifest of Corporate Sector Space

Let it be known that-

-Thence Forward, the outer-lying reaches of the galaxy, constituting 'Wild Space' and the Wyl and any and all unclaimed systems of the unknown regions are to commandeered and placed under the governance and direct control of the following entities of the Corporate Alliance: The Trade Federation, The Commerce Guild, Galactic Holdings Inc. and the soon to be announced Techno Union along with their significant subsidiaries and affiliated institutions.

This place will be remarked as a zone where representatives of these entities will agree to set informal and formal meetings. Here there will be discussions of transactions, transference of assets and where plans for potential economic development will be announced, no formal voting required. This Alliance is loose and the Sector is large, if the entities have a grievance with each other or any outside force, it will be brought up here so that a course of action can be drawn up.

Participating corporations and guilds will promise but one stipulation, that the security of the Sector is of top priority, every entity will supply to the security needs of the sector as much as they are able and willing. Need I remind everyone that total annihilation as a result of war is against everyones total bottom line and speaks immeasurable ills for their profit margin.

Additionally, any and all home planets of the entities listed of the majority species present, say Nemoidia for the Trade Federation and Castell for the Commerce Guild as well as Skako for the GH/Techno Union will be considered as protectorates and industrial fortress worlds of the Corporate Sector, these worlds being inherently neutral and unaffiliated with any surrounding Inter-Galactic government. As such, these worlds and their client purse-worlds will also classify as such. These planets will no way be ensconced or forced to participate in the conflicts that surrounding governments may find themselves in and their rules will not apply. Only the word of the Corporate Sector matters to these systems.

-CFO and Executive of Galactic Holdings Inc. cum the Techno Union, Gorm Lodnur

All rights reserved.

[member="Baron Morcus"]
[member="Chek Zun"]
[member="William Griffin"]
[member="Don Karl"]
[member="Dravis Rosilla"]
[member="VV7-0QZ"]
[member="Herr Vanderhing"]
[member="Vinten Veers"]

Upon making his address to the Founding 10, Gorm took his seat at the conference table. He awaited the announcements from the other 9, wishing to here what their take on this new Cartel was and how they wished to present themselves to the galaxy at large.

Today was to be the day that the merchant guilds of the galaxy would proclaim to the galaxy their independence from government over-site and that their various industries were open and ready for business.

"I'm pleased to finally make your acquaintance here today" -They were in a conference room high rise owned and operated by the Commerce Guild on Castell, chairman Chek Zun, the brainchild behind this organization.

"If it is not much too ask, feel free to announce whatever amendments you deem fitting to our foundational decree, for today we finally reveal ourselves to the galaxy at large, to let them know that we mean, quite literally, pure business."

[member="Chek Zun"]
[member="Don Karl"]
[member="Vinten Veers"]
[member="Baron Morcus"]
[member="VV7-0QZ"]

"Our various home planets will now fall under our suzerainty, as well, systems beyond and into Wild space and the Unknown regions now fall under our claim, I here of numerous unpopulated worlds in the Unknown Regions as well, and if negotiations can be worked out, the Silver Jedi may be enticed to sell off or contract the numerous unpopulated and desolate worlds of their region of space."

QZ rose from his position, moving close to a microphone that was in front of him. He had listened to [member="Gorm"] speak about the amendments, and wished to ask about a very close to home topic.

"Gorm, I am VV7-0QZ, and I would like to know about the Droids across the territory that has been chosen to be ours. What shall be done with the sentient droids that are across those territories?"

Gorm took note of the sentient droid, it was not long ago that such droids were granted recognition by the galaxy at large and since droids were Gorm's business he was all to willing to have them on his good side.

"Taking note of your concern, any and all of the droids present in the Corporate Sector worlds are by and large non-sentient, that being said, for those droids who are sentient such as yourself or any hybrid cyborgs, are free to pursue their interests to their servo-boards content so long as they promise to uphold peace and to not disturb the economic practices of the various merchant guilds present. As well, many of our prospective worlds in Wild Space and the Unknown regions lay unpopulated and undisturbed, if they so desire they may pursue economic interests and colonization so that sentient droids may have a realm of their own, the only force of authority here is your own and sector security forces. Just don't make a mess of things is all." He responded cordially.

[member="VV7-0QZ"]

"And how shall these planets and systems be explored? With teams of Droids? Organics? or combined teams of both?"

He'd keep himself standing, stabilizing himself, as he kept trying to hold both his normal and blaster arms up on the table, looking up at [member="Gorm"]

(OOC: sorry for the short post, got something going on a home, so there might be a few of these from me)

"These undertakings are to be done independently. If a company expresses interest and agrees to allow the other companies reasonable access as investors, they will meet in holo-conference and once agreed upon, said company or individual or even droid can carry out prospecting and development ventures of their own accord" he stated frankly.

"As well, if the individual or company is convincing enough, a charter will be granted so as to allow them the opportunity to do as it wishes along with full funding and backing from one of the merchant guilds. As the CS is not necessarily a government more so just a loose alliance, any contracts made will have to be done through that merchant guild, following their own rules. Other wise, anyone with the capital available can pursue exploration and colonization if they so wish." again stated frankly.

((OOC: Thats perfectly alright! No problem! ;)))

[member="VV7-0QZ"]

He'd bow his Droid Commando head, and backs up a bit from the Microphone, his questions answered.

"If anyone else has anything to add, then please do so. My questions have been answered, and I thank you for answering them, [member="Gorm"]"

William Griffin

W
The teen sat comfortable in the conference room. Hearing [member="Gorm"] speak in his monotone voice. He answered one of the other founder's questions. A cigarette hung from the boy's lip a single stream of smoke rise from the end of his cigarette. He would remain quiet as each of them went back and forth. It was about droids, and how they were supposed to explore planets ore something. The crime boss simply sat back. He was in the process of setting up a company which would produce weapons hidden in everyday clothing.

He would smile.

"How do I expect to keep my assets safe? What's stopping some bloke with a fleet from coming in and taking over?" He would pause before continuing.

"While those planets are unpopulated, there are bound to be predetors are there not?" He would say.

"All I'm doing lads is expressing my concerns." He would say. He was definitely no pushover, he could protect himself and his company if needed, but what about when he was not there?

[member="VV7-0QZ"]

"I understand your concern completely, [member="William Griffin"], And I am now interested in how we are going to not only protect Mr. Griffin's Assets, but the Assets of all of The Founding Ten, and of the Corporate Sector, [member="Gorm"]

"By all means. We are all leaders of our respective guilds etc. how do you propose we organize?, The merchant guilds like the Trade Federation and the Commerce Guild hold private security systems of their own, mostly automated, on top of standing forces from their homeworlds."

(electronic noises)

"No doubt, bargains can also be struck from mercenary groups, such as those known to be provided by the Mandolorians."

(-Static buzz-)

"As members of the 10 what do you propose?"

[member="VV7-0QZ"]
[member="Baron Morcus"]
[member="Chek Zun"]

"I propose that we attempt to gain assistance from the Meran Clan, along with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, that way, we can gain a foothold in the Galaxy, and gain allies in the Galaxy."

[member="Gorm"]
[member="Baron Morcus"]
[member="Chek Zun"]

Chek sat in his chair his walking stick by his side. He had listened as the others spoke. His hands remained clasp as his head gently drifted from one individual to the other. At the moment he was just trying to get a lay of Gorm was proposing.He liked the concept the question was though, what of the execution. Also how would they go about it without destroying their rep. After recent events many of the old CIS members had taken on some heat. Chek knew both Gorm and Don Karl had been present for those events. Chek himself was trying to mend those wounds to make the Commerce Guild an actual present force again.

Once the droid spoke again about possible allies, Chek's eyes shot to him as he finally spoke up, "No." He pushed himself out of his chair Grabbing his walking stick. "After the events on Christophsis, it would political suicide to even take up relation to the Confederacy of Independent Systems," He spoke out his voice, strong and yet old. "Clan Meran could work but we should not take up the name of the CIS or anything to do with them, I myself have already begun talks with the new Galactic Republic and am hoping to build bridges there. And of course our esteemed Mr. [member="Vinten Veers"] is a warden of the Iron Empire so perhaps we should take a look at an alliance there first," Chek said sitting back down in his chair having spoken.

[member="VV7-0QZ"]
[member="Gorm"]

"I concur with our associates from the Commerce Guild, the CIS is finished, if we joined together we maybe able to improve our image-for those us once affiliated with it-and reclaim former CIS systems for our own- what say you all to this?"

(more electronic tones)

"We can have dealings with this New Republic of sorts, but we should keep it at arms length, no doubt none of them truly respect us, they must learn it is in their best interests to support the merchant guilds and the Corporate Sector we have fashioned today"

he turned back in his seat digressing to the other members of the meeting.

[member="Chek Zun"]
[member="Vinten Veers"]

[member="Baron Morcus"]
[member="Aut-X"]

Vinten was seated beside [member="Chek Zun"], his hands clasped together on the table. He had been leaning back, taking it all in while listening to the different business leaders debate and discuss the issues that the new organization would have to face. Once the issue of defense and allies came up, he knew that he would have to mention the Iron Empire. Chek mentioned it first, which was a great place for Vinten to jump off from. "The Iron Empire would most certainly be interested in negotiating an alliance. I could forge it with them, as long as I have another representative from this council with me." Vinten looked to [member="Gorm"], sliding his hand across the table. "On the issue of expansion and exploration, we will need to have our own standing army. Going to some of these Outer Rim worlds could be dangerous, especially if there are some native groups that do not support an occupation."

Vinten could see a very bright future for the organization. It could be very valuable for him, especially as a member of the Founding 10. Plus, forging an alliance between the Iron Empire and the Corporate Sector could lead him to a higher position in the Iron Empire.

[member="VV7-0QZ"]

William Griffin

W
The teen listened attentively as others in the founding ten spoke. The ashes from his cigarette began to sag off so he tapped it on the ash tray before bringing it back to his mouth. He would hear the mention of the CIS aiding the group and it was instantly met with rejection, apparently something happened on Christophisis. He would then hear mention of Clan Meran, he nodded at that, he had heard little of Clan Meran, but what he heard was good. The man [member="Chek Zun"] then suggested they align themselves with the Iron Empire. Luckily [member="Gorm"] agreed as long as they kept the new Republic at arms length.

[member="Vinten Veers"] agreed saying he could make a deal as long as there was another representative of the Iron Empire.

"I agree with all you blokes, Clan Meran should be a great asset to have, along with our new friends in the Iron Empire."

[member="VV7-0QZ"]

Dravis wasn't one for councils, or equals. Yet he found himself among a council of equals, all of them much more business-savvy than him. The Bith did have a mind for these sorts of things, of course. If there was one thing he knew, it was how to make friends. He had plenty.

"I agree with [member="Chek Zun"] and [member="Vinten Veers"], respectively." Dravis let his eyes scan those around him, a slight frown gracing his layered face. "An alliance with the Confederacy is ill-advised due to timing. Also, wars are necessary for expansion. It is only natural that the citizens of the galaxy need... Persuasion... for the greater good of all. We can't let the whims of a few effect the whole."

Dravis propped his heels up on the table nonchalantly. "Although I hold no company, and limited credits, I will gladly lead the charge in any endeavors you all may need... On or off the battlefield." The Sith's smile was cruel, but sincere. Quite the strange combination.

- [member="Gorm"] -

Viceroy Vanderhing remained silent and sat for most of the debate until finally formulating his ideas and demands he felt should be voiced

"Going back to the talks of majority species planets as protectorates I'd like to propose my own twist on things" he announced arising from his seat and beginning a limp across the room

"I have been putting forth plans for Pure Neimoidia and Purse Worlds Neimoidia that instates me as Prime Minister.......... A coup to be exact... You all recall of how in the past the respective companies of the Trade Federation, Techno Union, and Commerce Guild were the government of our respective home worlds? How great revolutionaries of our pasts Nute Gunray, Wat Tambor, and Shu Mai lead our people into striving feats of economic power?! Our planet's have denounced them as criminals now!!! I personally will not tolerate this.... I urge you [member="Gorm"] Lodnar and [member="Chek Zun"] to do what I am doing and bring glory back to Skako and Castell as I am doing with Cato Neimoidia (and other Neimoidias) That would be my two cents to this meeting...." He finished before returning to his seat

(OOC: sorry about how long this took, I'm just now getting truly back into the flow of things!! :p )

[member="Vinten Veers"]
[member="VV7-0QZ"]

[member="Dravis Rosilla"] Gorm gave a nod of approval at the Siths words- "No doubt Lord Rosella, and you are sure to profit as we continue to grow, having you as a representative of those who hold true to that 'Force' religion will a long way for our cartel surely." Responding to Herr- "Skako holds no reverence for the past that is for certain, but I assure you, they have not let go of the thought of Technocracy and business rule. To this day, Skako is lead by a highly skilled Board of Directors as opposed to a Foreman and the Skakoan Techno-Union is very much alive. However, my people are highly withdrawn xenophobic types, entirely lacking guts-they spurn the rest of the galaxy, mind you though I have been working diligently to make them open up from their shell."

((whirring and buzzing))

"I too wish to see the return of dominance the Core once had and the untold riches that had won them it. We will see it through. I too have plans to supplant the board of directors, the money I made for them seems to have enticed their want for my leadership. The next step is going public, reopening the labs and factories to get the people building and innovating again should be motivation enough I would think.

Turning to the rest of the council "The meeting is settled then-I believe this state of affairs is satisfactory as we seem to be in agreement over our governing bodies and law codes-Now all we must do is sign the treaty and broadcast our existence to the galaxy"

a short pause ((fiddling with vocoder))

"It would be wise to reactivate our Droid Armies no? I can't think of better way to 'broadcast' he said smugly. I believe we should consolidate our claims in the Core. Bring planets like New Plympto, Commenor, Nubia and Duro in to the fold. All of these places are hurting and are still in a state of shock from the Omega War and they are weak and lack security, they would welcome new business with open arms! Especially your Duros brothers eh Herr?
What do you say we bring these rogues in to our fold?

[member="Chek Zun"]
[member="Vinten Veers"]

Lord Rosilla.

I like the sound of that.

Dravis removed his heels from the table, straightening proudly when his title was said. He may be no Sith Lord, but had the potential to be a Business Lord. Now he only had to discover the market he would savage. "Of course, [member="Gorm"]. I will represent the Force within the Sector with honor, and responsibility."

Dravis listened to the rest of Gorm's words, nodding his large head when the Skakoan made a decent point. They needed to begin expanding. Reactivating the droid army seemed to be the best option. At the very least, it gave him more power, more men to throw around than the already healthy helping of Geonosians he had under his control.

Dravis felt a stirring in his emotions. No, not his emotions, the Force.

What could that be?

The Corporate Sector head had been listing rogue planets. One of them stood out to him. Commenor. Something felt.. dark about that place. Dangerous. Volatile. Newly-transformed.

Perhaps he would have to head those negotiations himself.

"It is time to begin our deal-making, businessmen. I'll sign this treaty. The possibilities of the credit..."

"They are endless to ambitious men like us."

- [member="Herr Vanderhing"] - [member="William Griffin"] - [member="Vinten Veers"] - [member="Chek Zun"] -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom