Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortuitous Talks

-Shelved-

S
Rowena reached over to one of the treats on the small table. She plopped it onto her mouth while Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun seemed to think things over. He seemed to be right on the edge. All that he needed now was to take hold of her hand....

"My family, of course. I care about it's survival. My daughter secures one side of things, as for my nephew...I have little hope for him given that he's a Jedi. My niece on the other hand was married to a former Sith of all things. It came at no surprise that she was widowed after just a couple of months. And if you ask me, I'd say good riddance!" Rowena sipped her tea to wash down her drink. "This match would ensure a proper survival, as well as bring prosperity to both our houses. It is as they say; a win-win situation."

However the only hiccup that she could surmise was her niece refusing to go through with it. But Rowena was well prepared in dealing with her stubborn niece. She had a few cards up her sleeve.

"Have you any further questions?"

Tags: Rowena Arenais

Survival. It still didn't quite add up...why chose such an unknown and small house, that wasn't even true royalty, to secure her family's existence? Especially one with so many enemies. Marrying into his house would surly bring controversy to house Arenais. However he couldn't imagine how it could harm The Elysium Empire. In fact he only saw positives...fame, potentially wealth, and even some allies.

Rowena wanted to know if he had more questions.

"One. It's a bit general...describe your niece to me. What are her strengths, her weaknesses? What of her temperament?"

He had worded it as multiple questions but it was all one in the end: He wanted her to analyze the niece so he knew if it was a wise marriage.

-Shelved-

S
"Well as most young ladies are these days, she's a bit stubborn." More than a bit, actually, but it wasn't as though she wanted to scare Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun away from the proposal. "But she's strong and resourceful, having escaped capture when her homeworld was under seige by the Sith. And even more so by the Eternal Empire."

Another sip of her tea was taken before settling the cup down on the table. "As for weaknesses, well, she could use a little more guidance on politics and to fully embrace her role as Queen, instead of gallivanting off to the other side of the Galaxy fighting Imperials. I'm sure that with the right influence, she could play her part. It certainly worked when she was used for propaganda." For both sides, actually. And her neice had still managed to avoid being made an example of.

"I could prepare a file of her for you, if you'd like."

Heath found it interesting that she was used for propaganda, but he saw the overall logic...have a Queen pick a side and her people would follow. He didn't know who she had picked for propaganda. That was something that could be significant. Normally he would decline the offer to create a file, but there were too many questions to be asked about the girl, and a file would make it easier for him to decide.

"I would appreciate a file, only to make things simpler and easier for both of us." Heath said with a polite smile.

He still didn't quite understand the logic on Rowena's side. The file was for more than learning about the niece. He wanted a little more time to try and make a final decision. Right now he would accept the marriage but it felt off and he didn't like it.

He took another candy as he awaited Rowena's next move.

-Shelved-

S
"Yes of course. I'll have the file prepared for you shortly."

Rowena folded her hands on top of her lap, reading Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun 's body language and feeling his apprehension. She wasn't a Force user, and wasn't psychic by any means. She was just a trained socialite. "There is no ulterior motive, if that's what you're looking for. The state of the Galaxy is....well, there could be a vast improvement. Future generations need a helping hand so that the biggest mistakes aren't repeated. So why not help in putting the right path in front of them? It does no good to put yourself on the radar of those that could easily swallow you, similar to what my niece was doing. Instead it is far better to work under their noses while the larger powers weaken themselves and dwindle down their numbers through war. Their backstabbing and treachery that is put in the forefront gives us insight as to who in the end could be trusted and in what ways."

The King didn't know how Rowena had known what he was thinking. Perhaps she was a Jedi, or maybe it was a lucky guess. He didn't like thinking that others knew what was inside his mind. However what was done was done. Her words hadn't reassured him much, however they seemed genuine enough. She essentially seemed to agree with The Elysium Empire's ideology. It was subtle if that was her intention, but in saying ""Future generations need a helping hand so that the biggest mistakes aren't repeated."" she was agreeing with The Elysium Empire, which adopted ideas from both The Empire and The Rebellion of old.

Everything else she said was translated in Heath's mind to mean her house would rather work with a smaller faction that won't simply use them.

The King sat up, responding to Rowena
"I see. I am unopposed to the marriage, if that is what you truly desire for you house. I don't see any threat from your house. My Empire is taking on several nations much larger than ourselves. I truly doubt that you are deceiving me. Finally, I would like to thank you for this offer. Not many are willing to do anything that would even make them look like they are friendly with us. It's a breath of fresh air, to say the least."

-Shelved-

S
The words that Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun had spoken intrigued her. He wasn't opposed with the arranged marriage, which was a good thing. It was just her niece and his son that would need the convincing now. Yet in times like these duty trumped all else, and they each held many duties given that they were royalty. When one is a royal, their lives are not their own....

But there was something else he had said that caught her attention.

"I fail to see why none would want to show a friendly alliance with your Empire. You are not Sith, you are not murderous monsters. I think that you should not worry so much about what others think, for they are far too busy going after eachother at the moment. And that of course is a great thing to allow you the time and means to build up your own powerbase." And strike with the element of surprise if neccessary.

Rowena was correct that The Elysium Empire was not Sith nor Bryn. They were overlooked by many as well, however the common folk knew the name well, and Heath knew he had enemies. Surly there were senators in The Galactic Alliance that did not appreciate The Elysium Empire's refusal to recognize their nation. Or The Confederacy, who Heath had violently vowed to destroy. The list went on.

"We have enemies, despite our size. They may be fewer than I believe them to be, but I would rather assume the threat is worse, and be prepared, than to assume the threat is small, and underprepare. Perhaps they are the ones hiding out and laying low, waiting for the moment to strike me?"

Rowena hadn't said anything about striking, but Heath knew what she meant. He was an ambitious king, building his power simply meant he was preparing to strike one of his many, many enemies....

-Shelved-

S
"Planning for the worst, yet hoping for the best. All great leaders put that in the forefront when it comes to protecting their nations."

Rowena smiled, her thoughts drifting away only briefly as something that she might of missed in informing Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun of her niece suddenly came to mind. It was his talk of enemies striking at him which had reminded her of it. "How are your fleets, military assets and weapons doing, by the way? My niece has inherited MandalArms which builds both ships and weapons. I'm sure that she could be convinced to supply and bolster your forces." Contracted of course, but with the friends and family discount.

Rowena didn't run the company, but she knew how to work out deals. It was all a part of politics, all a part of the chess game that they each participated in. Some moves were more visible than others, and some were a mere distraction. This political marriage was a bit of both in the grand scheme of things.

That had sealed the deal for Heath. Even if Rex didn't want to marry, it had to be done. MandalArms could be the final piece needed to supply The Elysium Empire significantly enough to make them a major player in the galaxy. Already, Veinstein Laboratories and Innovations was supplying The Empire, along with The Shadow Triumviate...temporarily....and potentially Broka the Hutt in the close future.

The Elysium Empire had no shortage of Imperial Credits due to the use of Elysium Credits within their territory, which allows citizens to turn in Imperial credits in exchange for the more valued Elysium credit. Therefore transactions were no problem for The Elysium Empire. This was a win-win.

What Heath hoped for even more was that the company would accept Elysium Credits, introducing them to the galaxy. Of course this would cause inflation in the end, but one system or company at a time would allow the inflation to even out.

"Our fleet is well protected, though we could certainly use more production power given our lack of territory, and thus factories."

This was a transparent statement, hiding only a few key points. For example, the arrangements with The Shadow Triumvirate and Veinstein, and the hidden bases on Dagobah and surrounding systems.

-Shelved-

S
"And you shall have it. MandalArms was not lost to the Sith after it's founder and owner had fallen to them. Nor was it at all destroyed." It wasn't dissolved into the other Mandalorian companies either, which was very fortunate.

Rowena's niece wasn't without any sources of fundings. There was much to the Arenais fortune, and credits were never scarce. However MandalArms was outside of that and as far as she could tell, her niece didn't touch what her and her brother had inherited by their parents, oddly enough.

But that too could change, if need be.

'My niece is not without her resources. She hasn't been able to stay alive in and around Eternal Empire space without being able to pull some strings. Those resources could be valuable to you as well."

Who knows what both her and Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun could get her niece to reveal. There was sure to be many interesting conversations ahead for the four of them.

"So how shall we introduce them to eachother and their future? At a gala or charity event? Or should we simply have a meeting such as this?" Both ideas had their pros and cons. Rowena was fine with either option.

Rowena seemed to believe that MandalArms could and would agree to any deals relatively easily. Heath was pleased, most deals of such magnitude required a lot of persuasion, bribery, and intimidation. This was practically being handed to him, other than the natural costs of course.

Then the question came regarding how to introduce Rex and the Niece. Heath thought for a moment, unsure of how to answer. He didn't know his son as well as the average father, in fact he barely knew him. He was closer than the average person, but the adoption had been driven more by politics and necessity than passion.

Rex was still a but rough internally. He was taught how to be a noble but he hated it. He despised putting on a fake smile, or giving compliments just to be a host. That was about all Heath knew of the boy.

He figured a straight up meeting would be the play. The chances of the two having a natural chemistry were low, even though Rex was a more handsome individual than most. Looks weren't everything, and Heath assumed the niece would know that the marriage is more political than anything, based off Rowena's statements.

A meeting would allow them to discuss the politics and the details, and maybe, just maybe, the two would be drawn to each other.

"I believe a simple meeting such as this will suffice. This is just business. Perhaps in the future the two will have a more natural relation but for now, let them start off as business partners, making a necessary deal."

-Shelved-

S
Rowena nodded with a small smile, agreeing with Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun and his decision on just how the two should meet. Of course she wasn't quite sure on her own part as to whether or not she should reveal to her niece that it was anything other than a business deal going on.

Should the whole marriage thing just get introduced during the course of the evening? Or before that? Either way her niece was sure to go against the very idea. Being recently widowed after a very, very short marriage, plus the fact that she was stubborn; the very notion of an arranged marriage was sure to be refused. But maybe not while in the company of others. Both were sure to be on their best behaviour.

"Wonderful. We can have the meeting here if you'd like. Or at your place. Whichever you'd think will work out best." Either of the two could try to high tail it and run, her niece especially. So there would need to be something set to keep them in their place.

"And we should probably discuss the arrangements after their wedding. I don't believe that my niece has settled on any planet, including this one of which she rules with her brother. Outside of her stubborness, I can't see it as an issue for her needing to finally settle somewhere. What are your thoughts?"

"Let us have the meeting somewhere where your niece will be comfortable. I assume that would be here, given her queenship of the world?"

Heath was again covering for his fleet, which was not the optimal place to host anything of importance. They really needed to get some territory. They were close, but the lack of supplies and their inability to mobilize an army kept them at bay, but just barely. This deal would bring The Elysium Empire one inch closer to that day.

Heath continued, "As far as settling goes...The Elysium Empire is always on the move. I don't think she will need to settle anywhere. Perhaps tell her otherwise, and it will surprise her when I allow her to remain unsettled. A friendly gesture on the outside, though planned far ahead of time."

-Shelved-

S
Rowena wasn't quite sure of where her niece would be comfortable. No doubt it was probably on her little ship that she goes galavanting about in. It was hardly the ideal lifestyle for a Queen to partake in. But she supposed that it could be worse.

"Here would be just fine."

As Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun continued on, Rowena smiled at his little scheme. He was playing it smart in offering up incentives or pretending to relent on some aspects of this deal. Afterall it was just a deal, one that was beneficial to both sides. Whether or not a true relationship was kindled as a result was irrelevant.

"A wonderful idea. I like the way that you think. A little bribery doesn't hurt. And what of your son? Would he need some insentives as well? Or would he just do as he's told?"

Again Heath was unsure of what Rex would want. However it didn't matter much, the boy knew how to suck it up and do things he didn't want to do. But perhaps Heath could make things slightly better for him, given the importance of the marriages' success.

"Rex hates pretending. He is not a noble at heart, only on the outside. The marriage...if possible I would ask to keep it casual. No grand ceremony, and a smaller audience. Of course some things will be necessary and Rex is used to playing the part, so I will leave this to your discretion."

-Shelved-

S
Rowena laughed a little in spite of herself as Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun described Rex's behaviour. From what she knew of her niece, they were quite similar. "Like two peas in a pod, they are, reluctant monarchs with a stubborn streak. That'll either work to their advantage or work against them." But it was up to her niece and his son to figure out just which way it'll be.

"A small and private ceremony would be best, especially given what happened at her last one. It should be held in secret. Any lavish ceremony can be taken place later on, once we get the two used to their Royal duties and responsibilities."

The two seemed to be very similar from what Rowena had said so far. This was good, perhaps the marriage would become a natural relationship after all. Heath chuckled at the thought of Rex and a Queen running off, having adventures despite their administrative duties. He couldn't kid himself, he was glad that Rex would have someone to be with that was similar. The young man didn't fit in anywhere. He wasn't a political person unless necessary, but he didn't quite like common social situations, and Heath didn't spend time with him.

"Excellent" he said with a smile "I hope that this all goes as planned." He thought for a moment, ensuring that he had nothing to add, then said "Is there anything else you would like to address or add, M'lady?"

He wasn't sure if 'M'Lady' was the right title, but he went with it anyways. She'd understand, and probably wouldn't even care....

Last edited:

-Shelved-

S
Fortunately Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun was welcoming her proposal. There was always the chance that he would turn it down. But he didn't, seeing as how it was beneficial to his Empire and that of her own family.

"With us taking the lead, it is sure to go as planned." Her smile was bright, genuine and full of the pleasant glee of a job well done.

So far.

"I think that's about all that needs to be covered for now. All that is left is choosing when to introduce them." She should be able to have her niece drop by, easily enough, without giving her the reason as to why. Heath's son seemed to be easier to bring over, a more dutiful son, even if he didn't like it.

Heath had no preference as to when it should take place. If he had to chose he would say sooner is better, but he didn't want to be too demanding. His schedule was flexible, and in giving her some room here, she would perhaps be open to more demanding proposals later on...

"His schedule is light currently, I assume your nieces' isn't as free right now, so I'll let you choose."

Heath gave another small smile matching Rowena's as he awaited her response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom