Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortuitous Talks

-Shelved-

S
Elysium Empire was something new to Rowena. But then again, Empire rose and fell all the time. Her own family knew that well.

Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun headed this Empire and there were multiple reasons for her to contact him. As always Rowena was scheming and plotting, making moves on an invisible chess board to further her own agenda. And just what was that agenda? Well that was one of the many secrets that she held close to her chest. She learned well about politics and political games from an early age. Now she excelled at it.

And so she penned up a message for Heath:

~Your Excellency,

I am the Lady Rowena Arenais of the Royal House Arenais, and it would do me a great honour if I could meet with you and discuss a trade agreement between our worlds. Perhaps over some tea or drinks? If need be I can travel to your sector for such a meeting as I'm sure your time is precious. Please let me know as soon as you are able.

Kindest regards,
Lady Rowena Arenais~

After a quick re-read, she sent the message off, grinning to herself in a cheshire way before having a sip of her wine.

Tags: Rowena Arenais

Another day, another important meeting and possible trade agreement. Heath had asked that all messages go directly to him from this point on. That had been a mistake as all sorts of mail...hateful or loving..made it to his desk. That's when he decided to have it go to council members, based on the citizen's occupation. A jedi's mail would go through the Council member representing The Jedi Order. Each council member would go through their mass of mail each day, and determine what was important and what wasn't.

It was a great system, and it kept the council busy...which they desperately needed. At least some of them. That being said, it wasn't flawless. One message he had received days ago went through the droid representative...who happened to be a droid. It was a grocery list detailing components needed for a mechanic. Oil, durasteel. and other maintenance items had been listed. Heath had a chuckle at that one.

But today he had received a holorecording from a noble. The message was typical, introducing the woman and her position, inviting Heath, and giving a reason for the invitation. She claimed to want a trade deal. That was the odd part of the message. The Elysium Empire didn't have much worth trading. A few surplus resources could be exchanged from time to time, but the only trade arrangements they had were the secret ones: One with The Shadow Triumvirate, and one with Broka the Hutt in an effort to earn an ally against The Shadow Triumvirate.

Regardless, the woman surly had her reasons. It wouldn't be an assassination. Nobody was bold enough to enter Elysium space, surrounded by loyalists, and kill him. It'd be suicide. Heath promptly accepted her invitation with his own message:

"Lady Rowena Arenais, I would be glad to meet you, simply send me the coordinates and I'll reply when I depart."

He couldn't complain much, while administrative duties were quite exhausting, at least he wasn't stuck behind a desk. Beyond that it meant The Elysium Empire was gaining renown...good or bad, only the future would tell.

-Shelved-

S
Oh that was interesting....

Rowena sipped her wine as she read over the message that Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun had sent in reply to her own. Instead of her travelling to Elysium space, he had decided to come and visit her. She grinned to herself as she marvelled at the possibilities that were bound to arise. Each one was fortuitous for sure, and as far as she could tell, there were no downsides.

Now was the matter of choosing which planet to invite him to. Ilyria was pleasant and where her daughter was engaged to it's King. Rowena had a lovely estate there on old ancestral lands, given to her as part of the marriage agreement.

But then there was Mnemosyne, another pleasant world where her niece and nephew were it's rulers. She had a lovely estate there too, albeit not as grand as she'd like. Still, Rowena didn't think that it'd show any kind of financial weakness on her part.

Satisfied with her decision, she sent Heath her reply:

~Your Excellency,

It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to my estate on Mnemosyne. The world is deep in Silver Space and should be quite safe from the ongoing struggles that the Galaxy can't absolve itself from. I look forward to your visit and the prosperity that it will bring for us both.

Kindest Regards,
Lady Rowena Arenais~

Now was the time for her to go shopping. She must have the perfect outfit to wear, afterall.

Deep in Silver Jedi Concord Space. One of the only factions of the galaxy that Heath had no quarrels with. Good. He had decided to meet her on her terms for several reasons. First it showed he meant business, he was willing to meet her to accomplish something beneficial. Second, he could learn more about her. If her estate was extreme, she was someone who liked wealth. If her estate was covered in banners, she had an allegiance to a particular Alliance. Or maybe her estate would have guards everywhere, the sign of a paranoid individual.

Heath's final reason was that the woman would need to meet him in The Elysium Fleet. While he'd be safe there, the fleet wasn't designed for visitors. The front of the fleet was nothing but Elysium-deigned Star Destroyers, some still damaged from the skirmish with The Agents of Chaos. The back of the fleet was a complete mismatch of small and large civilian ships. There was no organization, the civilian ships were a home to hundreds of refugees. Hardly the place for a noble.

So he would meet the woman on her terms, willingly. She had chosen Mnemosyne, a planet that Heath admittingly had never visited before, and knew very little about. He'd research it on his way there.

He approached the ancient Lambda-class Imperial shuttle, sending instructions to the droid pilot. As he entered the ship, the engines fired up, a whirring noise turning into a rumble as they heated up and prepared for takeoff. The ramp closed behind him as he approached his seat. Finally seated he recording a holomessage to send to Rowena.

"I am on my way. Mnemosyne is not near our fleet, it may be some time before I arrive. I'll alert you when I am near. Until then-" He didn't finish the message, simply giving a half-bow and sending the transmission.

And with that, he was off to Mnemosyne.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena received the message from Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun . She didn't expect an instant travel time, or even a day. No, when one had to move about in such a way as to avoid war, it was bound to take a while.

Which gave her ample time to prepare.

The Butler was right there to help. Rowena had instructed him to be sure that everything was in perfect order, as well as the staff. They were going to have an audience with a King, afterall. The finest foods that Mnemosyne had to offer was on the menu; from succulent meats, to savoury vegetables. And of course the most gorgeous and mouthwatering desserts one could imagine tasting.

As always with Rowena, everything had to be perfect. First impressions must be that way, afterall.

Several Days Later
It had been a long trip, unlike the last time Heath had travelled to make a deal with someone. This was due to the need to bypass as much CIS and GA territory as possible. Even without these major enemies in the way, the trip from space not far from Dagobah to Mnemosyne was a long one. But the trek was complete, and Heath was just less than a day away from meeting Lady Rowenna of House Arenais.

That meant it was time to send her another holorecording.

"Dear Lady Rowenna Arenais, this is King Valhoun of The Elysium Empire again. Nav computers say I am just less than a galactic standard day away. I should arrive around 1 in the afternoon your time. I look forward to our meeting."

He still didn't know much about the planet nor House Arenalis. The former less than the planet. It seemed to be a diverse planet, with several major countries controlling land of all types, from islands to deserts. The planet was loyal to The Silver Jedi Concord, which wasn't an issue so long as they weren't allied to The Galactic Alliance...a nation The Elysium Empire did not recognize.
Politically, they s=certainly leaned on the Rebellion side of things, but that's about all Heath knew.

As for House Arenais, Heath knew nearly nothing. That was something he didn't like, but he didn't have the time nor the resources on the ship to learn much about the family. He didn't like not knowing things, but on the other hand, he'd have the opportunity to learn about them tomorrow.

What eluded him the most was just why she wanted a trade deal. That was what he both looked forward to, and dreaded finding out. It could be like the last trade deal he signed...a ruse to hide secret transport of items to Willow and Ivy in an attempt to learn more about The Shadow Triumvirate. But it could also be that Rowenna was plotting, and The Empire was simply a tool to be used and then left worse off than before.

He would find out. He just needed some patience....​

-Shelved-

S
Rowena smiled as Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun had sent her the promised message of his impending arrival. And with a scheduled time to boot. Now she was able to find out just how prompt the man was, and strict to schedule. Some people, like herself, were quite adament about never being late and always arriving early. But on her part, that was mostly due to her being the host. Some prefer to be fashionably late, which she found to be needlessly dramatic and at times, depending on the circumstance, she had found it to be a bit rude.

But the day and time were set, so the house staff had a better schedule to work with.

Rowena had to have it all perfect, of course. Everything was dusted and cleaned, every crystal and silver polished, and every member of staff had their uniforms freshly laundered and pressed. Soft gentle music was playing through the house speakers, leaving a calming and pleasant atmosphere that was enhanced by the fragrance of the local flowers that were gathered in vases throughout.

By the time that Heath had arrived, Rowena stood waiting outside, along with the rest of the staff to greet him. She wore a light red dress that shimmered in the light. Her hair was drawn up and formed so that it looked as though it too was a pretty bouquet of flowers.

This was going to be a lovely and productive day, yet still she found herself getting a few butterflies inside of her stomach.

Heath landed around the announced time and was instantly taken back by the estate. It was massive, not quite as large as Sularen's headquarters, but for a simple estate, likely one of many Rowena owned...it was mind blowing. Maybe he was just not used to meeting the rich and powerful yet. Regardless, this was certainly the most impressive of all locations he had visited in his lifetime.

Up ahead he saw Rowena, surrounded by what he assumed to be her servants. While all dressed well, Rowena certainly stood out with a red dress. It made Heath think of a Rose among weeds. He assumed it was her intention, a way of projecting herself passively. It certainly made it clear that she was the head of the pack. The richest, the most powerful, compared to the others.

As for himself, Heath had chosen a White suite with some Black, such as the bowtie. He hadn't put much thought into it; he wasn't the type to play dress up. He liked the color scheme, and it looked good. It was a tough choice between this outfit, and another that was practically the opposite of this. While he didn't care much, he did like the look of the other option and had determined that he would wear it to the next meeting. Such a simple thing, but he was a self-proclaimed King. He had no choice but to play the part, at least sometimes.

uhttps3A2F2Fwww.history.com2F.image2Far_13A1252Cc_fill252Ccs_srgb252Cq_auto3Agood252Cw_12002FMTU3ODc.png

His company was simple: Himself, and the pilot droid that was to stay with the ship. This was Silver Jedi Concord territory and Rowena was willing to leave it and meet in Elysium space. This woman was not a threat. At least he hoped she wasn't, but he knew, as all politicians do, that words can be more threatening than a blade to the throat.

He certainly hoped that wasn't the case today as he approached the noblewoman....

-Shelved-

S
A white jacket. The suit that Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun chose to wore certainly stood out. If there was some grand ball, he certainly wouldn't be lost in the crowd.

Rowena's smile widened as he approached, and she bowed her head to him before holding out her hand to greet him. "Welcome to my estate, Your Excellency. I trust that the journey here was a good one?"

The house staff kept their stance, everyone taking their own glances at the royal visitor. The Butler was at Rowena's side, a few feet behind. His demeanor was stoic and not entirely easy to read.

"If you have any luggage, my staff will look after it. Shall we step inside?"

A typical greeting as expected. Though the men that Heath presumed to be servants made him slightly uncomfortable as they just stood there. Especially the one nearest to Rowena, whose body language Heath found very hard to read. He didn't have time to try and figure out now as Rowena greeted him.

"It was, thank you. I'll keep my luggage in the ship, I don't plan to stay more than a day. If that changes then I'll let you know." He offered a reassuring smile. In truth the trip hadn't been great. He had worried throughout that The CIS, or GA would stop them. It was a dumb thought...they wouldn't stop a single ship the size of the Lambda Shuttle. But as a King and perhaps the only king that rode in such an outdated shuttle, he couldn't help but worry. It was a perk of the job.

He gave a nod and took a few small steps forward, prompting that he was ready to enter the building. He assumed that upon entry he would find tables full of food. That had been his experience with most people of note, except for Sularen, that man was a different kind. He was cold, a snake in the grass, his promises were false and he only cared for himself. At least that was The King's opinion so far.

He approached the door, ready to see if he was correct in his assumption.....

-Shelved-

S
Rowena smiled, bowing her head to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun once more before turning on her heel and leading the way. The footman opened the doors for them and soon after the rest of the staff followed them inside before dispersing to tend to their duties.

"You chose a lovely day for a visit, Your Excellency. The sunlight really brightens up the Estate."

LTW_Jumeirah_Nanjing-Arrival-Lobby_c_Jumeirah-Nanjing.jpg

She led him down the hall to a delightful lounge that was both open and cozy. Tea, caf and a small assortment of treats were waiting for them. Rowena sat on the right side of one of the circular sofas, crossing her feet at the ankles and tucking them underneath her. As always, her stature was full of poise and grace. "I have a few resfreshments here for us to enjoy. But there isn't a need for you to feel obligated for them if you haven't got an appetite just yet." Pleasantries aside, she needed to get down to a bit of business. "How are things on your side of the Galaxy? There is a lot of tension out there and I'm very glad that have avoided it all thus far."

Heath followed Rowena in, where the estate's majestic looks did not cease. He was partially correct about the food, though it was less than he had expected. Not that he was complaining, he wasn't hungry, and he didn't like being treated like a noble, even though he was. As a courtesy he plucked a bright orange candy off the table, popping it into his mouth. Instantly a creamy but tangy flavor filled his mouth. The candy was hard, but it melted like butter in his mouth. He wasn't going to hide it, he was impressed. He was going to ask what kind of candy that was, but Rowena had a question first.

She wanted to know how his "side of the galaxy" was. He wouldn't lie. Actually he would. This was a meeting to establish a trade arrangement, he couldn't have her thinking it was unsafe to trade with him. But he wouldn't go all out. She was rich, she probably knew a lot about the state of the galaxy, especially since she decided to meet him. The Elysium Empire was very popular near The Bryn territory, and in areas of conflict, but it was at the size where it was still overlooked by most of the elites.

"Things are better than you may expect. The First Order is expanding rapidly, of course, as is The Eternal Empire. I expect they will soon begin to battle each other more, which will work nicely for us. As for The CIS, they haven't given us any issues. That leaves the terrorists....The Agents of Chaos. Ever since our temporary victory against them not long ago they seem to have gone silent. Of course, they are masters of deception so we should remain vigilant.

So, what about you? I must confess, I am unaware of your lineage, your house. Are you active in the galaxy? Do you see yourself as an ally or an enemy to any factions in particular?"

He hoped he hadn't revealed too much, and he hoped his small lie about the stability of things was small enough to be overlooked. He awaited Rowena's response...

-Shelved-

S
Rowena poured herself a cup of tea and then had a small sip before resting it and the saucer on her lap. She listened carefully to Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun as he gave her a bit of details that was more or less on the holo-news. However the added touch was his insight into it all. "The Agents of Chaos....They sure live true to their name, don't they?"

Again she sipped her tea, raising a brow ever so slightly as Heath appeared to not know much about the House that she had married into. Of course she planned on keeping her House of birth a secret. "House Arenais is a monarchy that once ruled over Commenor and dozens of worlds around it. But the Sith tore that apart. Now they rule here, quietly. My brother-in-law was the King before his death. Now the crown has fallen to my niece and nephew that spend very little time here. I myself am not active with the elites or current politics, which more than likely keeps this little world safe from harm and notice. Much like your own Empire, I'm sure. And what of your lineage?"

The King patiently listened to her explain the history of her family. The two things he took away from the description were that Rowena was likely no fan of The Sith Empire that had, apparently, dethroned her house from power. The second was her neutrality. She said she was not active with the elites and stayed out of politics. He took a mental note, but inside he didn't quite believe her. If she stayed out of politics she wouldn't be speaking to him right now. He was too controversial. He wasn't like a well known pirate, who one could potentially speak too without appearing to take sides. He was the King of a decently known Empire that was very vocal about their plans.

Having concluded the quick lesson, Rowena asked Heath about his own lineage. He thought about what to say in response. Again he chose to tell the truth, but this time without any exaggeration.

"I am the first noble of my house. I was born a commoner, and was a militia captain on Bespin before exploring The Unknown Regions and forming my Empire. As the founder of The Empire and it's system of Government, I proclaimed myself King. I have no living family as far as bloodlines go, at least that I am aware. However I recently adopted a son whom I trust to inherit this Empire if anything should happen to me."

He didn't reveal that his son, Rex Valhoun Rex Valhoun , was taken from The Unexplored Regions and was but a savage. Of course he had been taught how to speak basic, and the basics of nobility now, and was fully capable of leading, though he was a bit more aggressive than Heath.

He thought for a moment, making sure he hadn't left anything out, and then awaited Rowena's next statement or question.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena sipped her tea while she listened quietly. With every sentence that Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun spoke, her mind was already working on a variety of directions that this meeting could go.

If he had adopted a son, then that meant that he had no wife. Either he didn't want one or hadn't found one suitable. The fact that his noble lineage didn't travel far back through history didn't bother her much either, for the family that she had married into was much the same way. Her own family's past was....different, however...

"You've done very well for yourself and taking someone into your family like that is admirable. Family is very important, which I'm sure that you are aware. My lovely daughter fell in love with a King and arranging their marriage was easily done. What about your son? Is he of age?" She threw that out there, just to see how he'd react.

He appreciated her compliment regarding how well he had done so far. It felt good to feel like he was respected, or at the least acknowledged. Then the conversation took a slightly unexpected turn for the king. Rowena first told him of how her daughter married a king...which was surprising, yet not, she was a noble after all. But then she wanted to know if Rex was of suitable age. Heath didn't even know his boy's exact age, simply that he was in his early to mid twenties. He also didn't know why she asked. Surely she wasn't thinking of having a family member marry into The Elysium Empire.

He assumed it was just curiosity and replied with a small smile, "He is indeed. Twenty Five I believe. Why do you ask?"

He was honest and straightforward...a standard he tried to keep whenever and wherever possible. A standard he had failed to keep on many occasions. He hoped he could maintain it today as he awaited Rowena's reply.​

-Shelved-

S
Rowena took note of the Prince's age. It was of course, a perfect age for some of what her mind was cooking up.

She offered Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun a pleasant smile, all the while keeping herself at a perfect posture. "You've done some planning for the future, when taking in a young man to be your heir. But have you thought beyond that? Being born a commoner, your royalty is through a self-proclaimed title only. But what if it could be more? What if royal blood was introduced? Such a thing would solidify your family's claim to the throne, and not just for one sector, but for two." She sipped her tea and gently shrugged her shoulders a little. "But that's only if expansion is on your mind, with military support as well as many resources."

Last edited by a moderator:

The King's heart skipped a beat as he was taken off guard. He came here expecting a trade deal but it appeared that Lady Rowena was proposing a royal marriage. He took a moment to think about her words, and to formulate his own before slowly saying

"P-perhaps I am interpreting your words incorrectly...but are you suggesting a royal marriage?"

He truly was confused. It was undeniable that Rowena was asking about his plans for his "royal" house, particularly when it came to marriage. However he didn't know if it was a general question, or one regarding her own house. He also didn't know if it was small talking, or a serious question.

His answer would naturally be "Yes." He had thought of the future, and he assumed there would be royal marriages and whatnot far in the future...and of course expansion was his goal. The Elysium Banner would fly over every capital if he could make it so, and perhaps one day he would have a family...though he wasn't sure about starting one now. He had enough to worry about without a wife and kids that he would need to attend to, even if he willingly would do so.

He awaited Rowena's response, hoping the clarity would allow him to give her a true answer.

-Shelved-

S
Rowena didn't appear to take note of his stumbling over his words, but in essence, she truly did notice. Instead she focused on his own posture, subtle movements, all that would give her clues as to what Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun was thinking.

With another pleasant smile, she responded in kind. "I am indeed suggesting that. My niece is of similar age to your son, and she has become...recently available, so my little birds tell me. She is also the Queen of this beautiful world. Leadership is in her blood, her parents once ruled over dozens of worlds in this sector, although she is using it at the moment to run a rebellion. Perhaps we could mould them together, with the joining of our two houses, and create a legacy worth remembering."

Rowena sipped her tea. It was much to drop on him, and there was always the chance that he'd refuse. Yet as always she had a back up plan.

Heath was quite simply shocked. He had been taken completely off guard by such a major proposal under the cover of being a trade deal. He hadn't prepared for such a proposal at all, not at this meeting, or any meetings in the near future. Thus he had no idea how to respond. There was a lot to consider.

First there was the question of Rex. Would he accept a political marriage? He would have to, this offer was too important to refuse. But then there was the question of why Rowena would be interested in marrying her family into The Elysium Empire. Certainly, it was good for Heath but what benefit would Rowena get from it? He would ask her.

"I must admit I am surprised at the offer...what enticed you to suggest such a thing?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom