Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortuitous Encounters

"Bye Zuly."

Seeing him soon? What was the Togruta up to that she would be seeing him soon? Makai would have to be asking his father what the woman was up to, perhaps she was still out in their mining expansion area. It was where they had parted last after all.

Considering what tipsy Ellie was like, Makai could only imagine the stories heard. All painting him in an interesting light to be sure. No doubt he deserved a good deal of the bad mouthing but it would be interesting to find out what Casteel actually did know about him. Ellie never struck him as the chatty, gush everything about her life story type, but he imagined Casteel heard a good bit throughout the last six years.

Hand took Ellie's as they walked away, thankful they were to escape. Especially after the entire half-bowing and hand-kissing - Castie was laying it on thick. What was this, a period drama piece? No need to wish anyone 'adieu', Castie.

"You know, the entire knowing one another since the dawn of time really comes in handy. Appreciate you reading between the lines back there."

Shoulder bumped hers playfully.

"Talk about a willing accomplice. Come on, let's go make appearances. Sooner we get done, the sooner we can veg out in front of the holo."

Judah chuckled at her assessment of the situation. 'Not bad' could be attributed to the encounter, so could 'awkward', 'tense', and 'unexpected'. Not the way he had wanted to ease Makai into the new situation but there was no going back now. He would have to reach out and invite both kids over to settle things.

"I mean...it wasn't great and it wasn't bad, so I suppose 'not bad' is a good assessment."

Arm was offered to Azula but they were quickly stopped by Casteel. It wasn't a surprise to Judah. The young man had secured a place as a trusted confidant during the entire issue with Blythe. Before, Judah hadn't quite known what to make of the blonde, privately questioning what Danger was doing.

"Casteel, we would love for you to join us. Come on, let's walk and talk shop. "

Smile was flashed at Azula in apology. In many ways, she would have to get used to it or learn to navigate around such a world. His ex-wife was never able to, never attempted to, causing tension where none was to be found. He was younger then, just starting to be successful, barely engagements on the docket. Now he couldn't go to one of these things without running into someone he knew.

"I'm sure you don't mind Miss Tin'dara joining us during this talk. Maybe she will have some valuable insights as well, a different perspective in these cases can be invaluable."

"If you like, Judah, let me accompany you both, and we can discuss the matters for the meeting."

"Casteel, we would love for you to join us. Come on, let's walk and talk shop. "

If Azula had rolled her eyes every time something irked her, she would have died a thousand deaths on her route to this place. Her world had been too dangerous for the mask to slip.

The slightest movement in her expression acknowledged Judah's apologetic glance.

"Oh I doubt I will offer insight," she replied.

She could and she would, but Casteel didn't need to know that. Azula was still figuring this out. She was actually particularly interested to know about Myra's story and that was being delayed.

"You know, the entire knowing one another since the dawn of time really comes in handy. Appreciate you reading between the lines back there. Talk about a willing accomplice. Come on, let's go make appearances. Sooner we get done, the sooner we can veg out in front of the holo."

Myra couldn't help but glow under Makai's praise. Anyone could easily read it. It was in the way she lifted her chin, the lightness in her step, and the broad, wide grin that shone stars from her druzy eyes.

Was she being obvious in her wealth of affection for the younger Dashiell? Most definitely. Did she care who saw or what comments they made? Not one bit.

No, instead of taking the usual, standard etiquette route of gently placing her palm over Makai's forearm, the Arceneau-Kuhn heiress, without hesitation, did what she'd done for as long as she could remember.

Her slender hand came up, searching for Makai's, who had already begun to move on its own to meet her halfway. Fingers interlaced, palm to palm, the comforting heat racing up Myra's arm like the satisfying warmth of a hearth fire.

Steady. Brilliant. Home.

"I'd like that." Myra agreed; the love and trust reflected in her eyes were a rare sight indeed.

"Let's go."

"I would not mind at all," Casteel agreed with a congenial smile, and he inclined his head courteously to Azula Tindara Azula Tindara , despite her commentary that she wouldn't provide valuable insight. He had always been astute at reading people, and Azula's guarded demeanor did not escape his notice, though her discomfort was veiled in subtleties.

Internally, Casteel pondered Azula's demeanor. Her aloofness hinted at something deeper, perhaps a hidden layer of influence or authority. He entertained the notion, acknowledging the possibility of it being due to being a Jedi Master. After all, in a galaxy brimming with diverse characters and abilities, such encounters were not entirely outlandish.

Nevertheless, Casteel remained unfazed by Azula's concealed sentiments, maintaining an unwavering composure and respectful demeanor. For in the world of high-stakes deals and intricate negotiations, he understood the power of alliances and the necessity of leveraging every potential opportunity, no matter how enigmatic the players might be.

"Your insights are invaluable, Azula; please do not hold back," he interjected smoothly, redirecting the conversation toward the topic at hand. "I agree with Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell . Different perspectives often lead to groundbreaking strategies, wouldn't you agree?" he said, gesturing for the pair to please commence their walk.

It was evident that Casteel's diplomatic prowess developed not only as a product of his upbringing but also as a Companion, was on full display as he navigated the discussion between business and personal dynamics with finesse.

While externally maintaining the facade of an attentive listener, Casteel's mind raced with strategic musings. He probed Judah with astute questions, delving into the intricacies of banking terms that would entice the public while balancing risk. His belief in accessibility for the common man resonated in his vision, a vision that extended beyond the exclusive world of private banking. There were, after all, already plenty of banks that catered to the elite. There were only so many of great wealth, where Casteel was thinking of a broader scope, a galactic bank that could rival Aurum Bank of Arceneau Trade or the Intergalactic Banking Clan.

Casteel's goal was to make a valuable, profitable, but moderately risky cookie tin for galactic citizens to place their trust in, rather than stuffed under their mattresses not earning interest.

"I believe there's great potential in democratizing access to such investments," Casteel remarked, his gaze unwavering as he gauged Judah's response. "Enabling the everyday individual to carve their path in the financial realm-- it's not just lucrative, but empowering, wouldn't you say?"

"No, I agree. However, what is the plan to make this happen?"

They were meandering through the Expo floor now, talking but also taking in what businesses had shown up. Judah had toyed with merely buying out smaller salvage companies, depending on their sector of the galaxy of course. The time saved in building their own infrastructure was invaluable so during these events he typically kept an eye out. Nothing so far.

"As in...how are you going to convince the majority to buy into your vision? You don't have an 'everyday individual' air to you, nor background. I would advise you to work closely with someone who could give you more insights to winning over this section of the population. Do you plan on shooting for fifty or sixty percent and hoping to land comfortably in thirty percent market share?"

A glance towards Azula before he continued on. Judah was closely keeping an on eye in the corner of his vision while he was speaking. Unfortunately for herself this was life with him. Business was never far behind and he was looking if she could figure out how to navigate unknown waters. His ex-wife couldn't ,hell, she didn't even try. It wasn't as if the bar was even that high to clear.

"Take most of my family. Far too poor to risk anything with their credits, so of course it sits in a box under the bed. Once there is enough money, you've worked so hard to collect it, you're not going to give it up so quickly. The promise of more is lucrative but you're going to struggle with a potential consumer base who has major trust issues with institutions."

Last edited:
He was smooth and he was watching her carefully. She did not like either of those things, but it was just another small interruption to the evening. She was going to have to get used to his busy lifestyle and work friends.

"I'm sure by this point you already have bandwidth on the hyperwave relay system to trade at a competetive rate and you've run the numbers through an insurance company that'll protect you enough to offer this legally to multiple systems? And that Mr Dadhiell's people can see those agreements and numbers?"

Azula had played enough parts to know a little about how the banking industry worked. Trading across system required on beating the competition. In a post-gulag world that meant hyperwave.

"Unless your investments are...local?"

Casteel was not upset by Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell 's observation. His Anaxian education and upbringing certainly didn't give the blonde companion the air of the 'everyday individual.' However, he had discussed options with Alric Kuhn and the Tanau family regarding such an option. That is when he explained his plan regarding starting out as a trade association bank for partner corporations, hiring subject matter experts on the industry, and working with utilizing the companies within the industry with their workers as a venue for building trust, while leveraging the benefits a trade association bank may provide.

"Overall, the goal is to serve as the financial backbone to these industries, providing specialized services and support that cater specifically to the needs and challenges of that particular sector. With targeted services, knowledge of industry dynamics, networking and collaboration, advocacy and support, partnership and collaboration, all will contribute to fulfilling these needs. There would be membership criteria, but workers could refer their family and household members. This is where we can have membership join beyond being tied to industry employment."

That's when he added, "In working intimately with Arceneau Trade, I am sure you are aware that they are the company's trade association bank. However, Ms. Arceneau has agreed to partner with Corseca Bank and work with Aurum Bank as a cooperative banking network in areas where Aurum Saacs Bank is currently unavailable, starting with the Expansion Region outside of Alliance space." Aurumn Saac Bank had locations along the Braxant Run, Galactic Alliance Space, and all ATC Trade Stations.

As for Azula's question regarding hyperwaves, Casteel gave a genuine subtle incline of his head. Call it pleasantly surprised that the Jedi Master had indeed taken his offer to please provide insight, "That is correct. My team has researched the necessary bandwidth required within Hyperwave and Vanir's Darknet relays as a secondary measure should the traditional Hyperwave relay system be unavailable. In preparation for our meeting, I have sent all pertinent details regarding the matter and insurance details."

"As a xenolinguist, I am certain you've had extensive travels. What would be your top five industries you'd recommend to facilitate such trade association banking or what other corporations?"
Casteel asked Azula Tindara Azula Tindara , genuinely curious if she would continue the conversation and provide additional input.

Judah nodded along with the explanation. It seemed Casteel had it figured out for the most part. Funding for the young man's banking venture on his end was never in question, Judah was more curious to the inner workings of how Casteel intended to capture a larger market share.

Besides, it was helpful to know a bit about what he was investing in if asked. Not that he expected it to come up on conversation.

"Sounds like a solid plan. Once you get your footing, perhaps an expansion via Salacia sites could be in order. We've got a few facilities spread out with plans for more in an effort to decentralize from the Tingel Arm and Ceto."

Judah raised an eyebrow at Azula's line of questioning about hyperwave trading. It wasn't a surprise - especially for someone who had styled herself as a grifter and thief.

"As a xenolinguist, I am certain you've had extensive travels. What would be your top five industries you'd recommend to facilitate such trade association banking or what other corporations?"

"That depends on..."

Azula caught herself. She was about to say how dirty you want to get your hands. It wasn't the time for opening that box.

"...how close to the frontiers you want to get. A lot of Rim worlds still haven't joined any central currency since the Gulag. Travelling out there you get confused by all the credit chits you need to carry."

Azula looked to Judah and gave a small nod at his advice.

"You don't need to tell people where the investments are going, but you'll need a spiel about how safe their credits are. People are fed up of the banking clans and Empires."

Azula wondered if that little perspective on the colonies outside the Core would spark a thought of how to get personal and small business investment.

She was now interested in whether Casteel was actually giving this some thought or was just deploying his contacts, confidence and privilege.

"Sounds like a solid plan. Once you get your footing, perhaps an expansion via Salacia sites could be in order. We've got a few facilities spread out with plans for more in an effort to decentralize from the Tingel Arm and Ceto."

Hearing that brought a rare smile to the executive's patrician features. It was fleeting, but relayed, Casteel welcomed the ability to prove his ability and Corseca's stability. He was determined to ensure he would make this successful.

"I would be happy for the opportunity. Once a thorough analysis is made and quarterly reports indicate stable growth, expansions with companies such as Salacia would be mutually beneficial."

"...how close to the frontiers you want to get. A lot of Rim worlds still haven't joined any central currency since the Gulag. Travelling out there you get confused by all the credit chits you need to carry."

Casteel sipped his drink, enjoying the oaky aroma while considering Azula Tindara Azula Tindara 's response. To anyone else, how his classic features would cooly mull over words would make it appear that he was indifferent to them. Yet it was anything but the case.

The platinum blonde gave a nod, those glacier-chipped eyes calmly settling upon the Jedi Master. "That is an issue I have been attempting to find a solution."

The corners of Casteel's lips gently curled, and he recalled the earlier discussion regarding the Togruta's expertise with Huttese dialects. She would be familiar with the Hutt's method of currency.

"I am curious to ask what your opinions are on using the Hutteese peggat as an option for the Rim worlds. I have a manner to believe that the peggat would be a method of central currency. It has proven itself to retain its worth after the several iterations of Galactic Alliance, Silver Jedi, Omega Protectorate, or even through after the dead were so bold to rise from their graves in the wake of Alkala's wrath." a bold claim, but then again, one could always melt down peggats and it was universally accepted far more than Galactic credits or a variety of credit chits. A single peggat's worth fluctuated near forty standard credits. A peggat was equal to sixty-four wupiupi, or four truguts.

"I would be happy for the opportunity. Once a thorough analysis is made and quarterly reports indicate stable growth, expansions with companies such as Salacia would be mutually beneficial."

"Excellent, we will speak more on it after the first quarter. It will give Salacia some time to firm up some of our plans as well, still waiting on several reports to come in."

Judah was waiting for various pieces of information before deciding his next move. He had considered an entire planet turned into headquarters, but that seemed unwise. He was beginning to worry about centralization as Makai focused on expanding their footprint.

Too many executives on one planet alone was a security nightmare. One good carpet bombing or concentrated attack and they would have a disaster on their hands. As he got older, securing the future was important, setting up the company for Makai to take over seamlessly.

While he considered his own future, Azula's words brought him back to the present. She seemed to be more than a little agitated by Casteel. The Togruta was most ardent in her distain for the blonde, which gave him pause.

Did this mean she was questioning his judge of character? It wasn't something he appreciated, he didn't get to where he was by making brash decisions.

"I'm sure Casteel has covered all his bases. The Tanau family is well respected and I'm confident they've taken him under their wing."

"I am curious to ask what your opinions are on using the Hutteese peggat as an option for the Rim worlds. I have a manner to believe that the peggat would be a method of central currency. It has proven itself to retain its worth after the several iterations of Galactic Alliance, Silver Jedi, Omega Protectorate, or even through after the dead were so bold to rise from their graves in the wake of Alkala's wrath."

"The good thing about the peggat is that most of those border worlds will allow you to transfer in and out of it. It is as close as you're going to get. Of course if your network is solid, maybe you should consider the problem of how people transfer currency...well, then you're getting into a world of perhaps having everything you built hijacked by criminals who want to make anonymous transactions. Ignore me," Azula replied.

"I'm sure Casteel has covered all his bases. The Tanau family is well respected and I'm confident they've taken him under their wing."

"I've never been one to take someone's reputation from their family," Azula replied with a smile. He was certainly more thoughtful than she had expected. She had quite enjoyed probing around the fringes of his little ideas.

"But he's certainly covering his bases and thinking quite far ahead. I'm sure he'd rather be judged on that, than anyone else's success."

And Makai was certainly going to be a little bit out of his depth if he continued to attempt verbal sparring with the young man.

"Excellent, we will speak more on it after the first quarter. It will give Salacia some time to firm up some of our plans as well, still waiting on several reports to come in."

"Excellent. I am looking forward to it. Please let me know if you require anything else for our upcoming meeting. I'll ensure it is relayed promptly." Casteel replied cooly but with a ghost of a smile on his lips. Internally, Casteel was delighted. However, etiquette dictated that such emotions should not be overtly displayed.

He extended his hand to convey a firm handshake to Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell . All in all, he was well pleased with the conversation and that Judah was willing to have his back.

"The good thing about the peggat is that most of those border worlds will allow you to transfer in and out of it. It is as close as you're going to get. Of course if your network is solid, maybe you should consider the problem of how people transfer currency...well, then you're getting into a world of perhaps having everything you built hijacked by criminals who want to make anonymous transactions. Ignore me,"

Turning towards Azula Tindara Azula Tindara , Casteel drew his hand back from Judah and then appeared to mull over her feedback. A curt nod and then a finger rose from his whiskey glass, as if following up with her train of thought.

"That is the risk with tangible funds. However, I do seek to be able to provide a means of electronic payment for common transactions that would be accepted but also provide the ability to pull peggats from a local branch if necessary. However, you are correct; that does invite the risk of criminals seeking to take advantage and have their own heist of the funds."

There was a pause, then a roll of his shoulders as he continued musing," However, I have a mind to attempt a controversial option. While I can plan for every potential option of security and risk, that is only done through my lens and that of my security staff alone. I've considered potentially utilizing subject matter experts to determine my weak points in security and to assist in identifying redundancies and risks." He took a swig of his whiskey, and this time, he gave a rare half grin.

"Who else but a criminal would know the best way to get through my security?"

Azula wasn't wrong. He wanted to build his enterprise off his own merit. Not merely due to familial name. Having that identified by the Jedi Master was a delight indeed.

Judah shook Casteels' hand firmly, there wasn't much more to say. Waiting for the initial numbers and ensuring the young man didn't toss himself in too deep of water was all he could do now.

"I'll be sure to let you know, we will be in touch."

While Myra may need less escorting now that Makai was back in the picture, he was still careful to insert himself in events as needed. His son didn't make every event, both Salacia and Mara TibX working in wildly different areas of business at times.

The elder Dashiell was quiet as Casteel spoke to Azula about security and criminals. Considering it was Casteel's first encounter with Azula to do any digging into her background, but had the Togruta been at an event and tried something before their own encounter?

It would be curious to see how this played out.

"Well I hope you can find a company capable of taking a run at your operation," Azula said. "I'm sure the evidence would drop your insurance premiums to operate."

She gave a gentle nod of her head. Montrals and lekku always accentuated such small movements.

"If I do not see you again, all the best with your plans Casteel."

Azula glanced in the direction that Makai and Myra had walked in.

"With your business plans," she clarified.

Casteel gave each a cordial smile. "Thank you for letting me have a moment of your time. Judah, Master Tindara. I appreciate your feedback. Please, let me know if there is anything I may assist with."

The banking executive didn't miss the subtle glance towards the direction Myra and the younger Dashiell had wandered off to.

He'll have to investigate more. Talk it over with Baylan Tanau regarding Harlon and Makai.

"I hope you enjoy your time here." He gave a half bow to Azula respectfully.

Watching Casteel leave, Judah sighed. Not quite the outing he had expected. Makai had been in the Core and surrounding regions since dating Myra, but he hadn't expected his son to hit up an Expo.

Not that he had done his own legwork on ensuring where Makai was. Typically he was used to knowing his son was in one region focused on one singular thing. Now, taking up the helm of the mining division seemed to be taking him across the galaxy.

He half-turned to Azula, offering his arm. Nothing he could do about the situation right now.

"Ready to leave? Figured we've had enough of business for tonight. I think its time for a stiff drink."

Azula Tindara Azula Tindara

Last edited:
"Yes please," she sighed, offering a sharp lift of her eyebrows.

In a quiet corner of the expo, through a door with a guard carrying a short guest list, was a quiet little bar where soft jazz music was being played. There was table service and they were able to sit in peace.

It wad the kind of place with an ambience and not an atmosphere.

Azula swirled amber whisky around a small glass. She wasn't shy about enjoying a stiff drink. The evening called for one.

"That was an odd position to be in," she said, drawing them out of small talk and back to the evening.

"I don't feel bad that I hadn't told him, or you," she said.

Because it was a situation where Azula had developed a working relationship of her own with Makai. It meant she felt a pang of her own guilt for not addressing it before it was found out.

"It wasn't like we weren't going to..." She ventured. "...just we wanted to work this out first?"

"Y'know, before I enacted my master plan to take everything you own..."

"Of course I feel bad. I wouldn't want to find out this way in his shoes."

Hand slid against his breast pocket, checking for a cigarra, definitely feeling as if he could use a good smoke right now.

Nothing.

Instead he would have to be content to kick back, try to relax, and enjoy the remainder of the evening. Work had been completed for the day but now came the difficult part ; hashing out the interpersonal issues.

To be fair, Judah hadn't expected it to actually last this long. If something didn't have staying power, there was no reason to inform Makai and to another extent, Myra. He made countless decisions otherwise but this was definitely different. It wasn't a business decision, this was something that had the potential to effect his son in the long term.

"It would have been nice to work things out more before the kids finding out, yes. It's my own fault, I keep forgetting the kids criss-cross the 'verse. I only check the schedule when I need to call him or send him off to another part of the galaxy for something or another."

Another sip of some type of particularly strong whisky. Judah hadn't caught the brand but it didn't quite matter.

"You are aware they are going to want to meet again and soon. Not sure this is something we can let fester, it doesn't have to be anything serious or fancy. Dinner at Celestia or we can meet the both of them at whatever planet they are on, which may be easier."

Judah knew they were busy together in several Core area worlds.

"Everything I own? Not all assets are liquid, might be a little difficult, but I will applaud the effort."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom