Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortuitous Encounters

"No, of course, we can do that," Azula said.

She had made her decision and she wouldn't shirk this. It wasn't exactly the first hurdle she had expected to meet when trying to make a real life for herself.

It was easy to slip back into the habit of saying what she felt was the best thing to achieve her goals. In this case, that was just an easier life for herself.

"They'll probably have cigarra's behind the bar," she offered.

"If it doesn't end up for a while...this is going to sound strange but do you might if I reach out to Makai directly? We went through a few scrapes on those surveys together and I feel I owe him an explanation of my own."

"No, I'm good. No cigarras."

Instead the drink was downed as he listened, Azula wanting a personal call with Makai. There were no objections on his end, although he wondered if the call would go south.

"I have no issues with this....however, how about we make it a joint call? It might be odd if he hears from you and not me. I promise I won't interject until I say my bit, you both can have your conversation."

It didn't get them out of meeting the kids one-on-one but it did buy a little time.

"Probably should make the call sooner than later. I'm sure he is already venting to Myra and it wouldn't be wise to let his imagination run wild."

Azula grimaced momentarily. She didn't like the idea that Makai would have been upset by this. Especially with his friends around him - or at least his lover and his mortal enemy - it had not been a good time to talk it through.

"I think, he can just hear it from you first if you want to try and arrange a meeting. I feel like...if we can't meet for some time I should talk to him too," Azula offered.

It was difficult to convey when she was still sorting through it herself. She pushed one hand up the side of her montral, over her hear. It was rare that she fidgeted, or gave away that she was uncertain of herself by accident.

This wasn't a game of sabacc, it was people's lives.

"I don't know whether it's better that I know him already or not," she said. "I'm sure...it will be alright."

Azula offered a small smile.

"He was still quite focused on placing himself between Myra and Casteel."

"That's fine, I can call him after the Expo. I'll let the kids enjoy their time together first. Seems they have enough going on, I can catch Makai between meetings."

Judah watched her fidget with her montral, eyebrow slightly quirked. Was she starting to feel the pressure of the reality of the situation? On some level, he could understand. She was thrown into the deep end quickly ; the kids, business talk, having to be 'on' in a certain manner.

It could be overwhelming. By now he was used to it. His first 'real' event has been a Southern Systems Bazaar Auction, an overwhelming event to be sure, then he had brought Makai along. Trying to parent and bid and conduct business was rough until he found a real groove.

"I'm not sure. It may be beneficial. Depends on the experiences you two had out surveying."

Another sip of the drink and a small chuckle. Judah had wanted to take Makai to the side and inform him to relax but there had been no time, Azula had went to the bar with him.

"I noticed. Casteel has had six years to win Myras heart and he didn't, so Makai should worry less. Easier said then done, but I trust Casteel implicitly so I don't foresee any issues on the horizon."

She offered a small smile back. Casteel seemed quite a determined young man. Intelligent too.

Whilst she agreed that Makai did not need to be so worried - after all a woman who enjoyed overprotective behaviour and jealousy wasn't worth the time - Casteel might hold on to a notion or two a little longer.

"It'll be nice to talk it through with them," she said. "I think..."

That depended quite a lot on how Makai was going to react to everything.

"We're on the same page on this...we were still just figuring things out before we addressed it with Makai?"

"It will be nice to talk it through with one of them."

Which was Myra. Both had a conversation about being hopeless romantics not too long ago. Since then, the pair had bonded over the 'historical' romance holonet show that was Outworlder. Judah had found it highly amusing and still did.

In fact he was a bit upset they didn't get a chance to catch up more just moments ago. There were a few plot lines that could have been discussed but it would have to be saved for one of their one-on-one meetings.

"Correct. I didn't...still don't, think its wise to inform him of the situation until we figured it out on our own."

Judah swirled the liquid in his glass once more, mulling the situation over. No doubt his son would be upset or at the very least want to pepper him with questions.

"I didn't think we would run into him so we essentially kicked the can down the road. My fault entirely."

"Okay, good," Azula replied.

A little of the relief she felt slipped into that one small response. She thought she knew where they were going but it was such a long time since she had let anyone in that she worried.

"It's not your fault, I don't think there's any real harm done."

Makai seemed like a good, level-headed young man, but there was a lot of history. His mother was not in the picture and he had a close relationship with Judah. That wouldn't be easy for anyone to work through.

"How do you think...Myra will deal us...and Makai bringing it up?" Azula asked. "She seems nice. Sorry I should say more than that, but we only shared a few words."

"Myra isn't the one I worry about."

Judah noted the relief, the probing question on what the young Arceneau heiress would think, her reactions. He supposed it made sense, if a man was the head, the woman was the neck that turned the head in any direction she so desired.

Considering his son was influenced by Myra, it was no surprise Azula would be concerned. However, the heiress was a positive force, there was no concern about Makai being corrupted in any way,shape, or form.

"I shouldn't say that, I worry about Myra more than Makai. However, she will go along with it, I could already tell she wanted more information. It will be easier for her too because I'm not her father. Its different for Makai."

"Yes, I imagine they might sit together and plan their strategy for the evening," Azula mused.

She settled back into the chair, visibly relaxing a little more. Azula would have preferred some preparation time before that reveal and Judah would have too.

She was glad of this conversation, to know they were on the same page. It meant they were being thrown into addressing any gaps in their intentions now.

A thoughtful look, and she realised that it was probably worth explaining as much.

"I'm glad we feel the same. I hope you know I'm still invested in this. Jokes about taking your fortune aside for a moment."

She let that sink in for a moment.

"So...you've known Myra a long time?"

"Yes, I imagine they might sit together and plan their strategy for the evening," Azula mused.

Judah gave a genuine laugh, nearly choking on the drink he was in the middle of sipping. Face turned red a bit as he tried to gather air once more.

"Strategy? I can tell you what's going on right now, there's no talking. Those two are in some awkward make out session, I guarantee it. Talking, you're hilarious."

He mulled over her being serious once breath has recovered. A slight nod of his head. While she may be serious, there was a great deal of hesitation on his part. He had heard someone was all in and invested before. Just because the wounds were healed didn't mean their memory didn't make their appearance time and time again.

"Myra? Oh yes. Danger and I have been friends for decades so it comes with the territory. I think the pair had no choice but to friends considering, they would have been stuck together for weeks at a time regardless. Didn't have too many people I could trust to watch Makai."

Azula Tindara Azula Tindara

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom