Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Forging The Future

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Bri2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: XoXo
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Clear your mind.

Three rocks circled the cross-legged Briana Sal-Soren in steady paths, each occasionally out speeding another before falling back into its original position as the out-of-practice Padawan tried to achieve what Valery explained as 'peace of mind'.

What an absolute waste of time. Briana had thought, when Valery first instructed her to start practicing everyday until they reached Coruscant. Every morning and every evening of her sleep cycle was the same pattern, Briana spending most of her waking hours meditating on the Force and her lack of a connection to it. Apparently, her abilities had atrophied during her time spent on Hapes and she was extremely 'lacking' in control... at least in Valery's expert opinion.

For the first few days, little more had happened beyond Briana learning that it was hard to get herself to shut up, with the rocks remaining inactive on the floor and Briana going to sleep each night hating the sound of her own thoughts. After nearly a week, she'd learned to quiet her mind, accepting the meditation and allowing herself to feel the Force in more detail. Slowly, steadily, the circumstances changed, the rocks beginning to levitate at her command, giving her something new to focus on and becoming more attached to seeing the practical use of this ability that she'd initially pouted over being forced to do.

Brandyn would be impressed. She thought, slowly finding that she was able to allow for little thoughts to enter her mind without losing her complete concentration, something she was unable to do at first - especially whenever her ideas had rested on her missing brother. Yet, the rocks continued to stay airborn, much to her endless delight.

'I believe you said for me to find you when I understood the meaning of your lesson.' Briana said telepathically, allowing the thoughts to roll through the Force and reach her Master. A slight smile curled on her lips. 'Well... here I am.'

JediD.png

Last edited:

The trip to Hapes had been... interesting. In the old days of the Jedi, it would have been highly unusual to meet the mother of a Padawan, but that's exactly what happened. They got along surprisingly well, and much of that was likely because of their shared interest in helping Briana. She had been away from the Jedi and wider parts of the Galaxy for some time now, but Teyla believed it was time for her daughter to return to the Jedi, and Valery agreed. So after convincing Briana to come back with her, a journey to the re-opened Coruscant Temple began.

There was, however, a single problem — Briana's ability to tap into the Force had deteriorated because she hadn't used it as much since she stepped away. Valery didn't believe it to be a huge problem, as she knew how gifted the young woman was, but there was definitely some work to be done. So with an assignment that seemed so simple that it was annoying, Valery hoped to test her ability to control her connection, and retain her focus regardless of what was on her mind.

Soon enough, it paid off.

'Well... here I am.'

Valery grinned, looked up at her Padawan, and offered her a smirk. She hadn't just completed the task she was given but tapped back into the Force well enough to communicate telepathically already as well. "I didn't doubt you for a second, but I'm glad to see you back in full swing. I can already feel such a difference from when we left Hapes," Valery said with a dip of her head. "In a way, it's impossible to ever forget how to use the Force, but sometimes the concentration and mental fortitude needed can fade away a little."

She paused and looked Briana up and down, "How are you feeling? About all of this?"

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Bri2.png
Equipment: N/A

"Guess I just needed to apply myself a little," she said, smiling slightly. "I almost forgot what it felt like..." to feel the Force, to give herself over to it. Seemed almost embarrassing that all it took was her concentrating her awareness of its presence long enough to allow herself to be open to it.

Slowly, she let the rocks that'd been circling her slide down to rest on the ground carefully and out of the way of any foot traffic, readjusting from the uncomfortable position she'd been in for the last few hours as she stretched to her feet.

"How do I feel?" she repeated, furrowing her brows, unsure if this was a trick question that would segue into another lesson, or... more personal.

"Worried... and glad." Briana told Valery honestly, opting for the personal question. "Financially... I think I've managed to get a handle on things. Doused the political fires of our families presence on Hapes, and our relation to a certain controversial politician."

She'd never met her estranged Grandfather, the Duch'da, nor even known of his existence until a few months ago, but he was disliked enough that when the media had gotten ahold of the news... Briana sighed. "When it comes to my mother and sister? Well. Let's just say that Brandyn was always the more preferred Sal-Soren... I'm not sure how much my presence has helped over these last six months, but hopefully it's made some difference." Blaire, her younger sister and main competitor in life, or so everybody said, hadn't even come to see her on her way out.

Probably thinks I'm abandoning them.

"But, I'm... happy to be returning to the Jedi." words she never thought she'd hear herself say, "I miss Justice Lesan Justice Lesan and Iris Arani Iris Arani , Vizion Trozky Vizion Trozky and yeah... even that obnoxious, pink-skinned, Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl . I just hope I haven't mucked it up by being away for so long."

JediD.png

Last edited:

"I almost forgot what it felt like..."

Valery met her words with a soft smile but what she cared about most was the answer to her question. It wasn't a trick question, or even necessarily meant to guide the conversation into some kind of lesson. Most of all, she wanted to know and understand what was on Briana's mind. So much had happened, and even if she had agreed to come back to the Jedi, it was likely that the past still haunted her to some extent.

As her Master, she was going to make sure she'd be there to help guide her.

"When it comes to my mother and sister? Well. Let's just say that Brandyn was always the more preferred Sal-Soren... I'm not sure how much my presence has helped over these last six months, but hopefully it's made some difference."

"Your mother cares a lot about you, Briana," Valery said with a warm, encouraging smile. "She called me to talk to you about coming back to the Jedi for a reason — she wants nothing but the best for you." Briana likely knew this, but sometimes it was still good to hear it out loud. "Your presence has helped a ton, and now it's time to focus on new things."

Valery then quietly listened again and chuckled as Briana talked about who she had missed, "They've missed you as well, and they'll understand why you had to step away. I know for a fact that Iris will be really excited to see you again. You're very important to her."

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof1.png
Equipment: N/A

"Your mother cares a lot about you, Briana," Valery said with a warm, encouraging smile. "She called me to talk to you about coming back to the Jedi for a reason — she wants nothing but the best for you."

Briana let her gaze fall to the side, folding her arms and slouching some. “My mother? Or Teyla, the noblewoman and former Jedi Knight?” While she had loved both of her parents more than anyone could possibly imagine, growing up it had always seemed like Teyla Ee’everwest was trying to make arrangements for her daughter's duties and activities. More worried about making sure her children were actively doing their part and contributing to the Galaxy, than worried about being their mother.

Perhaps, that was largely due to Teyla’s upbringing and the early role she’d played as a Handmaiden - an entire life devoted to self-sacrifice. Briana didn’t care to try and figure it out at that moment.

“But I’m sure you’re right.” she conceded, though it was clear from her tone that she didn’t entirely believe it. “I’m sure she does, and honestly, I don’t think there was much more I could do, even if I’d stayed.

What Valery said next made Briana’s heart swell with joy, but there was a feeling of apprehension that still threatened to nibble away at her contentment with the answer.

“I hope so.” she said, trying to share in her enthusiasm just as the proximity alarms started going off, alerting them of their approach to Coruscant.

Whatever the future held, Briana hoped she would be prepared to face it head on.

E N D

JediD.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom