Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foreign Policy Discussion - High Council

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"] @Lord Exedo @[member="Kitt Solo"] @[member="Anders Sivas"] @[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Jared Ovmar"] @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

So we face an interesting situation, and things have been so busy I haven't been able to explain it to you for a day or two.

Here's where we stand.

I'm reliably informed that the Republic's looking for any possible excuse to invade Fringe. That includes us invading OP as planned, whether or not OP is cool with us invading (which they are). Bit of a pickle.

Because of the Republic's efforts to cut off all the other factions and break as many of them as possible, TGE is asking for a mutual defense pact here.

During the Battle of Kayri, Ashin basically told Ayden that he was doing the Republic's dirty work for them, and gave him some proof. It seriously shocked him IC, and IC, OP won't be bothering us again - though invading them in retaliation for Kayri is still on the table.

I'm cool with getting invaded by the Republic. I'd just like to, you know, earn it first, or have it be for a valid reason. That, and I'm not wild about their 'annihilate stuff' direction. This is, by all measures, the most unified and OOC positive faction around. We're the first faction to ever invite someone to invade us just so everyone could have something to do. We also try pretty hard to be accepting and educational for new players. If Fringe dies, it won't be the 'it's MINE' part of me that's sad, it'll be the part of me that doesn't like seeing something worthwhile get broken for no reason.
That said, there's a school of thought that says the Republic's coming for us no matter what we do, and so we should just do whatever we want and stand up to them when they show. We've got as many Masters as they do, for one, and I suspect we'd have more friends. But all of this is up in the air.

Discuss. We faction admins could use some fresh insights. This is all in the last couple of days, and it's a bit of a puzzler.

Matreya

Personally i think we should still do it. Post a sign up, thus giving everyone a chance to really focus their characters best strengths. Like for example, id have Zaiden ready to head on in during the OP invasion, while Asher and Varanin would be able to stay behind to help in the defending invasion.

The sign up idea is solely due to the physical sight seeming to help decide. Ie, before the rule to keep to only one invasion at a time, i rushed all characters head in. But now each time i see those invasion pages, i have to pause and decide.

Republic is a messy invasion, all of theirs have been. They aren't playing for fun, they are playing for wipe the board of everything not Republic colors. Mutual defense with TGE I'd put a big no on though, its more for their gain then ours, and well they tend to bring out aggression in people, I'd believe that be more of a setup for promising war then anything else.

As for inviting the Republic, I'd say hold off a bit. Their 99999 dominions are going to wear them out fast, their leadership and body seem to be going in two different directions. If things continue on, I'd say with them we start double checking all our non starship check then throw the gauntlet so they can't catch us in the middle of an invasion.

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

I can say that I have seen no talk of invading the fringe, the talk is everyone else. The Republic has a goal of getting things done and they are moving towards the north west. Two months ago they were almost gone from the bored because they couldn't get their members to do anything and now that they have drive everyone is jumping on the "Republic's coming" train which we're creating more drama then they are. So far their working to get the senate back to functioning, prepping for the event and dominioning. The invasions yeah were to fight the empire and what was supposed to be a couple months became three invasions then the faction went away.

We might be a good faction for new members and something for the misfits who don't fit in. It is a great place but in truth our ooc drama isn't with each other it is for the other factions. Sorry but conflict is needed in star wars, there are how many of the books, movies or games that take place in times of peace? The republic tried the peaceful route and it failed it nearly killed the faction because no one gave a crap about it. Tef brought in Selena because no one else wanted the job or had the will to try and fight for it and keep it alive. Whatever disagreements you have with Selena is one thing but so far Trent has been a good leader for the faction getting them people active.

Members have an idea they tell the admins who implement it and let them run with it same as here, their council and master pool grew because they stopped treating it like a club house and acknowledged the people same with some of their padawans. They have been working to make things better for the group while working with the sith to try and tell a good story (which lets face it the sith copped out of hard) Kaine was all for it and something epic and nothing came of it. Half the invasions became (just take it and try to have some cool fights) Which have been done, it may not be to what everyone else wants but why are we going to judge or begrudge others their idea of fun.

Yes I am ranting but I am tired of it, the faction does nothing they are weak, they do something they are evil, they do everything to stay away and out of our space and they are coming for us, we have to play games and say we have evidence to disrupt things when we could just work to shift their focus. Or let them shift it for themselves with all the things coming. We as a group should be looking at where there is right now, we have invasions of the Protectorate from TGE and ourselves, we have an event we should be getting organized for. Making sure we have tech submitted in case or ideas brainstormed between all of us.

We shouldn't be caring about the boogie man when as was pointed out today, TGE came onto our worlds and was messing around. Jared linked us all to the thread, took one of our people as I recall. If we're so worried they will attack then why did we go through all the painstaking processes of having the jedi the ones who would be coming at us help with the elections? Why are we claiming to be just another democracy with a non aggression pact? Bah I'm going to go back to watching the godfather.

@[member="Lady Exedō"] rant much man? You're missing info, Fringe invasions were talked about months ago, but fact is we don't trust the word of the Republic. It is that simple, so beyond that nothing changes in my position as far as the Republic goes. You're talking with your republic hat on man.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] I am cause months ago was Aleidis and Ben, now it is Selena and me and go look the ooc discussion it the event and dominions. skype is filled with what we can do to make the senate better but since you don't trust my word why bother trying.

@[member="Lady Exedō"] I don't distrust you man, and you should know it by now. I just don't trust the Republic as a whole not to be war happy enough to bring it to the Fringe considering I've heard it from the horse's mouth before. So don't take it like that, but yeah either way I'm against a furthering of our alliance with TGE is all i'm standing at

Something must be done about the Republic. As for TGE, I know we can work something fair out. Despite any blood from before, a Non-Aggression Pact would be to our benefit. No use getting hit by a smoking Rancor and the formerly sleeping Nexu at the same time.

TGE just wants to play. To do their stories, and take vastly unclaimed tracks. TGE players tend to be slower to get things done, and I can say that 'cause I'm one of them. TGE will leave Fringe be, they'll go elsewhere. Play in Dominions, etc elsewhere. They're not a concern.

The Republic seems more of a problem, since they're fast and big and they want to take over. The CIS as well are blitzkrieging through Dominions as fast as they can to make up for the Sith dissolution and the Republic.

@[member="Anders Sivas"] Yeah, i'm not really worried about a TGE invasion, but yeah there is also no point in entwining us with their fate. The Republic is doing it's thing and most likely will burn out on dominions. The CIS just doesn't want to be invaded, there is no reason to fear them whatsoever, and they are just trying to grab a piece of the pie before the Republic eats it all. TGE can do whatever, I won't go to say go against our old agreements with them, but creating anymore I'd say there is no reason to in anyway.

OP I'm good on at the moment for while their members may have talked crap, and avoided everything, Ayden was from my perspective surprisingly cool on everything so I'd rather continue with our neutral/fun war stages with them
@[member="Jared Ovmar"] We need to get the civil war started sometime btw

Just a few points of clarification-

@[member="Lady Exedō"] - I respect where you're coming from, and I agree with you that the bulk of the Republic doesn't want a war with Fringe. Heck, I even agree that Trent's done a good job leading the faction. But I've basically been promised by the friends of the Republic's OOC leadership that an invasion WILL happen if we hit anyone the Republic considers an ally. Even OP in self-defense.

The TGE situation is still shaky. Obviously it's going to take a lot more discussion before we find a clear way forward on that. My suggestion would be that we give them the mutual defense pact they want, with an exception for stuff they deliberately bring on themselves. (For example, if they do go through with Fondor, we're not bound to protect them against an OP counterattack, though we might choose to anyway.)

That said, there's another set of options on the table.

Screw everything. Go ahead with our original Eriadu plan. Chop off the wiggly bits of OP while TGE and OP sort this out. Or heck, we could go Thyferra.

Look, here's the bottom line, folks. My ideal outcome is this:
  • Republic leaves us the feth alone if we leave them alone.
  • Our relationship with TGE develops organically and situationally depending on their actions and ours, and on our common interests or rivalries.
  • We continue our OOC-civilized war with OP. Because it's fun.

We can work out something with TGE. They're not a threat. They will leave the Fringe alone, as that's what they WANT. They just want Neighbours who don't try to kill them. They have plenty to do elsewhere without being belligerent to Fringe.

I'm far more worried about the Republic's actions.

Also, who needs a mediator on diplomatic missions for a Day of Peace? :D

@[member="Lucien Cordel"] - Easy promise to make, heh. Might as well consider it done.

@[member="Anders Sivas"] - Yeah, the Republic is definitely the big worry, far as I'm concerned. Not like we're hurting for activity or anything, but that Dahrtag/Lujo pipeline needs to be plugged. One of the conditions of our last treaty with TGE was that TGE would do that. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it hasn't happened, but it's a wide-open Republic lane to screw us all, and I've made sure Akio and Ayden understand that it needs to get plugged by ONE of us, soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom