Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Forcenite (ORC Dominion of Praesitlyn)

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
Objective 2: The Revolution Will Be Televised
Allies: ORC [member="Candez Stoon"] [member="Riimaurus"]
Enemies: Rogue ICC staff

"You will fit right into the pool of actors we could cast for other roles, assuming, of course, that you are a lead actress"

"You think I have what it takes to be a lead actress. Only, you never had a chance to actually see me as an actress" she told the security guard, before mind-tricking him. "You will lead me to the nearest terminal"

"I will lead you to the nearest terminal"

Now that the security guard was under the effect of a mind trick, Janick was led through the maze that was the ICC computer complex. The premises looked right like a server farm, with the mainframe and other equipment left and right. Once she was at the closest terminal, she was led to believe that entering developer mode under the guise of emergency maintenance was perhaps the safest bet to get the injection underway. As if an emergency patch was going to be applied, which usually attempted to add users and credentials (or remove users and credentials), such as external cybersecurity experts, when no other personnel was around. Meanwhile, she could be made to feel that the distraction that came under the form of a rebellious sanitation worker would maybe buy her a minute, two at most.

Objective: 2
Allies: ORC [member="Janick Beauchamp"] [member="Riimaurus"]
Enemies: Rogue ICC

There was silence after he had knocked out the engineer. Rolling his shoulders a bit, Candez Stoon took it upon himself to head forth down inside the facility. With a stun blaster in hand, taking steps carefully and quietly down halls. Holding it by his side, the blaster was pointed forth just in case of another encounter. For now, he managed to get on by. It seemed the show was keeping them busy. He kept it going...until he got stopped. By a door. Candez sighed, well trying to get through. But he was no slicer.

So, he decided to do what seemed like the best option. Opening his comms to a secure line, he tried to reach out to those that were also on the same mission. "Hey...got a door. Kinda stuck here. Don't wanna make a big bang, and jeopardize everything, you know?" Candez looked over the door. It looked thick, would take a bit to even blow through. "If anyone can get this open, would be much appreciated."

Allies: ORC [member="Janick Beauchamp"] [member="Candez Stoon"]

Riimaurus and his squad were keeping a eye on the facility. Examining it from a safe distance, taking notes on the guards shifts and behavior, looking for a flaw that would led them in easily. The Chiss let his crew know that the guards didn't seem much convicted on their jobs. Most of them were distracted, bored, probably thinking about the big event that was happening and the fact that they can't attend it. Riimaurus was certain that he could talk one of those demotivated guards to let them in.

"Move!" The scoundrel exclaimed in a threatening tone. The unalerted guard almost dropped his rifle blaster when he saw the three men approaching. "ICC's Spec-Ops Agent Udosh." Riimaurus showed a small badge, but it was too fast and guard couldn't get a glimpse of it. "We were called in to check theft attempt. The ICC is trying to keep everything low profile, so I'm trusting in your discretion." The guard tried to dispute it. "Wait. I have to warn my superiors." Riimaurus held the man's hand before he could reach his communicator. "You wouldn't want to do that. Low profile, remember? If your superiors should know, they already know. And you surely shouldn't know." The Chiss signaled with his hand that it wouldn't end well for him if the ICC found out what he know, so the man just nodded and let them in.

Just as they got in, they received a message on their comms. It was another Underground agent on the same mission as them. "We just got in. I have a slicer with me, he might know a way to deal with the door. Just tell me where you are and we will find you."

Allies: ORC [member="Riimaurus"] [member="Janick Beauchamp"]

Candez Stoon leaned right up against a wall, by the closed door. Tapping his heel a bit behind himself as he was waiting for a call in, from reinforcements or some help from an ally. And that was just what he got, when his communicator beeped. Someone was making contact after all! And that he was so glad for, Candez replied rather quickly as well. Bringing it close to his face, he went to reply while keeping a careful look out, just in case.

"Yep, I just got in myself not too long ago" Candez began, observing the hall he was in. "Where I am...where I am...I actually don't know where I am. It's a big door, just came out of some maintenance area...was there a map of this place we were meant to look over?" That was no doubt a detail he missed in the briefing.

Objective 2: The Revolution Will be Televised

"If anyone can get this open, would be much appreciated" Candez told Janick over comms from the maintenance area in the first basement, with the rogue security guard still believing Candez was a sanitation worker.

"Just a bit of patience: we need to rescue a trapped sanitation worker in training" she answered both Candez and the security guard so as to not draw undue attention to her or to Candez.

Now that she was in developer mode and created as many new sets of credentials and authorizations as there were people involved in this operation, she was then able to perform some maintenance checks on the ICC's computer systems, such as whether the doors leading to the emergency exits are working as intended. Presumably Candez entered the premises through an emergency exit which, in turn, led to a maintenance area. Meanwhile, the security guard was witnessing Janick that was, in the guard's mind, auditioning for a major part that involved slicing, not suspecting that Janick could, in fact, slice. But only once the maintenance was underway would she even think of other things such as uploading what she previously termed preliminary rushes into the system so that, once the current show ends on air, she could then have the message broadcast. For now, anyway, she still needed to figure out how the feeds for broadcasting worked so that these preliminary rushes worked like spot advertising and would pass for such to the eyes of the viewers.

Bacu Topol

B
The Hunter of the Fringe had grabbed the breaker bar and spun it in his hand. He could feel someone approach, and the man was more than capable of tracking anything coming for him. As he stepped to the side of the building, he could sense the being moving. Knowing where and what something was when he was out in the Wilds, away from any form of society? That was something he was good at. But normally, he had his own gear. He almost cussed out, the same as some intergalactic raccoon/rabbit that didn’t have its own stuff.

“Maximum effort, then…” Bacu was grabbing the breaker bar tighter and he stepped forward. He stood behind the wall on one side of the entrance door, as the other contestant stepped in, using the Force, he shook a can. As the person looked to the side, pistol in one hand, and an electroripper across his back, Bacu slammed the breaker bar down on his hand, knocking the pistol aside. When he reached back for the ripper, the Mirialan swung the bar at the mans chest then back at the head.

“Sorry.” He muttered as he dropped the breaker bar, grabbing the pistol and the electroripper. Grinning, the Mirialan hunter activated the weapon. Good. That was more like a weapon.

[member="Davin Skirata"]
[member="Zak Amroth"]
[member="Kale Seleare"]
[member="Lex Del'Fino"]

Zak Amroth

Z
"Emperor's black bones kid!"

[member="Davin Skirata"] shoved him and Zak let out a yelp of terror. He went tumbling into the dirt and landed awkwardly on his ribs. The Sherrif of Terminus feebly scrambled away from his would be executioner. It took him a few extra moments to work out that he was no longer being pursued because the mandalorian shot down the contestant who had been hunting him. It took a few after that for him to drive a coughing fit from his lungs and hungrily gulp up more oxygen. Any other man would be lavishing Davin with praise for his altruism, but Zak wasn't just any kind of man.

"Adequate work, citizen!" he announced cheerily, ignoring the warrior's angry pointing finger and stretching himself out like he was prepping for a morning jog, "Fortunate for you that I lured him right into your sights. Don't worry though, Sheriff Awesome is here to protect you."

Davin stared at him for a long time before apparently deciding to ignore what were clearly signs of delusion.

"You have any kriffing idea where we are boy?"

"Course I do!" Zak nodded confidently, tossing a couple finger guns the mando's way, "We're in the Outer Rim."

[member="Bacu Topol"] | [member="Kale Seleare"] | [member="Lex Del'Fino"]​

Allies: ORC [member="Janick Beauchamp"] [member="Candez Stoon"]

"I'm pretty sure that there wasn't any maps, but we will find a way to get to you." He answered closing the communication. Riimaurus thought that it was already pretty risky to have that conversation. Someone could intercept the signal and that could be the end for the operation.

Find the maintenance area were their objectives now. Entor, the slicer, assured that he could download the schematics of the facility if he accessed a terminal. They tranversed through the facility without getting much attention, since they went in through the front door, most people believed they're allowed inside. Either way they had to keep their eyes out on any sign of suspicion. Riimaurus kept a steady and confident walk as if he walked through those corridors everyday. That seemed to work so well that the Chiss thought that would be a good idea just to ask where the maintenance is. He approached a lonely guard and asked. "Hey, I think I'm lost. You see, me and my friends here were called to take care of a problem in the maintenance area, but no one said where exactly it is. Could you help us out?" The man didn't seem to buy the blue man's story.

"Which problem?" He inquired gripping his blaster rifle a little stronger. "Well, The-They didn't specified but it was something on the..." Riimaurus cringed a little. The guard was already reaching for his communicator when Kayle quickly approached him with his blaster aimed to his torso."Hands off the comm. We don't want to start any commotion here." Kayle muttered to the man's ear. "Well, I guess you'll have to help us now. Entor can you disable his comms?"

"On it." Answered the Duros. "Let's go to somewhere safer, shall we? Someone might show up here and we don't want to blast our new friend. Can you lead the way?" He asked with a sadistic grin to the guard.

Jak Skirata

J
Kark it all...This kid, probably barely old enough to complete his Verd Gotten, wet behind the ears, probably still clinging to mommy's purse for allowance, KID was a Sheriff? Davin stared at him for a moment to see if the kid was actually serious and audibly groaned when he realized he was in fact telling the truth. Davin flourished his blaster pistol with a quick spin before shoving it into the holster that was a little bit too big. He mentally cursed, wondering when he'd be getting his weapons back, or even if he would be getting them back ever again. He shook his head and planted his hands on his hips to give the "sheriff" a good once over.

'Nope. Still an idiot,' he decided.

He sucked in some air which sound much harsher over his helmet's audio amplifier and nodded. This would have to do.

"Marshall," he said simply. "Not citizen. And obviously this," he said gesturing to the pile of bantha poodoo they were stuck in, "Is the Outer Rim. No way this would be anywhere in the Core Worlds. I meant where specifically." But he doubted the kid had any answers, and honestly he would just slow him down. He turned on his heel and started walking deeper into the forest jungle.

"Good luck kid."

[member="Zak Amroth"]

"Not much of one," Atlas grimaced. He had been worried about unexpected hyperspace jumps as well, "Enough time for your engineers to get clear at least. I'd leave a shuttle off our bow just in case they need a ride."

He saw [member="Kaia Starchaser"] coming long before the Pulsar set down about a dozen meters away. Overhead Captain Drake glimpsed floodlights emanating from the bulk transports which were threading their way through a labyrinthine interior. His heart soared at the sight of it all. No matter what happened now at least they had basic equipment and wouldn't be in danger of starvation any time soon. He confidently strode forward and clasped Kaia's arm when she stepped off her ship's loading ramp.

"Good to see a familiar face out here in the black," the Kathol officer beamed at her, "You can tell your people to start with the heavy lifters. Base camp is a short hike from here so the rest will go faster if we can haul it around."

They wouldn't be fitting any walkers down the Neverwhere's corridors but the layout in most sections was sufficient for heavy landspeeders. Bikes would be necessary to navigate certain decks but the path from hangar to central operations was ideal for a supply line. That was no coincidence, it had been a factor in Drake's choice to set up camp there in the first place. He was just about to offer Kaia a guide if she wished to press on when klaxons began to blare from the Wretched Hive parked nearby.

"Lock and load sleemos," the transport's AI blipped into existence between them. He was wearing a corellian duster and wearing shades. Holographic blaster rifles were toted in each hand and a cigar was sticking out of his mouth, "We've got scavs!"

"Dank ferrik," Atlas muttered to himself. He drew his sidearm and looked at Kaia, "Defend yourself."

They were ghostly pale and emaciated creatures. Captain Drake had never seen their like before, but it was the eyes that disturbed him most. The first living beings they had encountered on this derelict were blind, feral things. How long had they been stranded here to grow so accustomed to the dark? His expedition had taken to calling them scavengers or marauders, for they had no true name to speak of and the words seemed as fitting as any. Unless they defended themselves the scavs would first claim their life and next all their technology.

Allies: ORC [member="Riimaurus"] [member="Candez Stoon"]

It seems that Candez has trouble getting out of the maintenance area for the time being and I should tread lightly. Now, for some code injection whose effects are to occur once the current show, well, ends, she thought, while she is operating inside the system to modify the broadcasting queue so to force upload of those preliminary rushes in some external datapad at the end of the show. She was made to feel that she could use some shortcut to access the civil defense protocol instead, and have it display the message in question and have it pass for a civil defense broadcast. Because it pretty much amounted to a civil defense broadcast that she was making, in her mind: the ICC, which was the core of a seemingly oppressive regime that ruled over Praesitlyn, was threatening the well-being of the population. But she also needed to disable the port that allowed the higher-ups to see what was going on down there before the broadcast would get underway: simply using the civil defense override wouldn't be enough to her.

A man can change his stars
Objective 1: SURVIVE
Gear: T-shirt, Jacket, Work pants, Boots, Belt
Tags: [member="Zak Amroth"], [member="Bacu Topol"], [member="Lex Del'Fino"], [member="Davin Skirata"],

My head was turned away from him as his head was now in broken pieces. I kept my vision adverted to try and not have this... death impact me. Rationalizing that he attempted to kill me. He was going to do the same to others. He wouldn't be stopped unless by the strongest foe came against him. Stopping him before it got worse as it were. A shake of the head sealed my fate with this man. Hands scrounging through his pockets and gear for anything. Other than the pistol I had shoved into the waistband of my pants, I found a rather large knife, and two Grenades.

It was strange to think this man was rather well prepared for his fight. He could have easily thrown this grenade at me and called it a day. I wouldn't have been able to get out of the blast radius fast enough, nor throw it far enough to not get injured. Pressing palms to my knees, a push allowed me to get up from the squatting position I had been in. Lifting myself off of the ground.

Looking up and around me, I tried to find anything to show what was going on. As a droid floated near me, it just stared at me. Skeptical eyes shot at it. Thoughts of shooting it down just to see if it could do anything. Something. Quickly I brought the pistol up and fired at the droid. Even after the shot harmlessly hit some kind of shield, I fired a couple more times. Some may have thought it was wasteful of the ammo, but it was for a purpose. I wanted to get out of here. If that meant taking down one of their little drones, and seeing where it could lead me out, then great. No? then it will just have to be done the hard way.

The little floating droid just stayed there. Not moving or caring about being shot at.

That was just… wonderful. The Mirialan hybrid sighed as she transmitted the information about the Neverwhere’s hyperspace incontinence to her team. The message was simple, be wary, and once that thing started to align itself, to get clear, and alert the away team. They’d maybe have to move faster than they intended. As her own freighter, the trusty YT-2400, landed, she had that feeling where she may be aboard here for a while.

It wouldn’t be a bad thing, contingencies were in place, and she’d make sure to hop out at the next port of call, and hopefully, hopefully, she’d be able to help pinpoint what was making the hyperdrive funky. Even if just to be able to predict the next jump or two. When she saw Captain Drake approach though, the younger Coalition member smiled. “Glad to be seen. You and yours have been at it for a while. Least we can do is provide some relief.” Looking around, people wee awaiting her, mostly Company types and Humanitarians looking to score some points within the Coalition. Her eyes widened as she nodded towards the lifters in a You heard him, style.

Turning back to Drake, he was about to speak when the klaxons came online. Her hand was already at her lightsaber, out of instinct. What she hadn’t been expecting was the holographic guise of Merrill, well, Q when the klaxons were sounding. And less looking like some comical Alliance Border Patrolman.

“Scavs? Scavengers?” She said, with her lghtsaber in hand, dark still. She reached out in the Force and what she found, well, she didn’t care for, nor did she expect.

“What are these things?” Things being the only word she could use as her blue saber came to life.

[member="Atlas Drake"]

Objective: The Revolution Will Be Televised
Jin watched with gleeful delight at the games going on before him. Crown had long been a silent player in their rise to dominance and he was taking joy not only in their success but in the contestants now fighting for their lives. The Coalition had been a thorn in his side ever since Karazak. They had to abandon one of their most profitable assets and the contempt they had shown him in the engagement too was not lost on him. Though his influence he had help guide the selection of, and acquisition of many of the ORC members now running the gauntlet. From his large, bantha hide chair he watched the events unfold, rooting for each member to meet an untimely end.

[member="Riimaurus"] / [member="Candez Stoon"] / [member="Janick Beauchamp"]

Bacu Topol

B
Having the electroripper just felt right. Bacu preferred the use of a spear, it could be thrown and used as a melee weapon, the ripper? Well, that was something new and different. But this was the type that could be used to knock an enemy back. A bit more expensive than he expected to find here. Strapping it to his back, the Hunter grinned. That let a bit better. Now he needed to find out just what he was doing here, and more importantly, how to get out.

He pulled the blaster he found, it wasn’t going to be the weapon he needed, with no ammo, but perhaps it could cause a scare to someone at first, and make them reconsider their move to kidnap some of the Outer Rim’s most wanted. Or most excellent, who was here anyway?

But he had the feeling they were not near the Core. Running out of the building, he could see an antenna. That was his next target. “Alright then. Maybe I can find out where I am.” And maybe see who else, if anyone, was here, that he knew.

[member="Jin"]
[member="Kale Seleare"]
[member="Davin Skirata"]
[member="Zak Amroth"]

Enemies: Rogue ICC staff [member="Jin"]

Hopefully by disabling the security sensor system and pass it off as a temporary issue, such as a comprehensive system-wide maintenance, I can buy enough time for my other colleagues down there, she thought, while the time it took for security sensor maintenance would also be used for implanting these preliminary rushes into the broadcasting system. However, resorting to that sort of thing would mean that there would not be a use of the civil defense system: it would be far too suspicious in her mind, and compromise the entire operation. So she would try to just push back the other ads by one spot, and the viewers would be none the wiser, and then use the manual override to modify the order in which the other ads would be run after the upload of these preliminary rushes is underway. Meanwhile, the mind-tricked security guard seemed awed by what he deemed to be Janick's prowess as a holo-actress, and potentially failing to realize that it could, in fact, be easier to teach a slicer to perform holo-acting than to teach slicing to a holo-actor.

Allies: ORC [member="Janick Beauchamp"] [member="Riimaurus"]
Enemies: Rogue ICC [member="Jin"]

Candez Stoon paced back and forth in front of the door, waiting on the voice that had contacted him. Then there was another voice? Two voices, two others. And soon, the door opened up. Smirking to himself, Candez made sure to thank them after all of this was done...but he was after to be stalled for the time being as he came across a few maintenance droids. Still droids, but they were also witnesses if they noticed he was not a part of maintenance staff, or a guard. Standing there in an awkward silence, Candez Stoon simply put on a light smile.

"Droids...you need to get working!" He started off as if ordering them about, that got them startled. Could droids even get startled? It seemed like it. Waving his hands at them, Candez got them to get working. Easy enough, they had low processing for only maintenance work. "Get your jobs done and you get a free oil bath, I'll throw my good word in!" Candez praised to them while passing by. Too bad he wouldn't.

Once Candez was through, well it had taken a little bit to get past those droids without alerting anything. Was this a really bad idea he was about to play off? Yeah, probably. But hey, in the lower depths of a facility, gas leaks always happened! Taking a charge from his belt, he set it on some pipes once out of sight from the droids. Back up plan, and he got a communication out to the others. "All right, Plan...C is in. Or D...whatever is the last possible letter is ready." Now he had to get to a suitable position to help the others. "Remind me, what is a good place for me?"

Krenis Skirata

K
BYOO

There were always criminals that sought to escape the long arm of the law. And there were those who would seek to shelter them and use these criminals to their advantage. But there were always those with the skill and audacity to ensure that none escaped justice. This was the way. And it was this that brought Krenis to Praesitlyn. Some researchers suspected of war-crimes had taken refuge with this new corporate dictatorship and were putting their skills to ill-use.

And so, he was here to track them down. Something else was happening on this world, he could tell. Coalition forces were in the area and there seemed to be some sort of revolution happening. Good. It made his job easier if the corporate goons were kept busy. He adjusted his visor and strode into the crowd, which flowed away from his armor-clad form as he walked. Even with its hybrid design, nobody liked being around someone who wore Mandalorian armor.

He'd been able to track down some information on where these renegade researchers tended to hang out. A club, ironically. He pushed the door open, fixing a blank t-visored stare to the bouncer, who simply stepped aside as Krenis spoke.

"Guild business."

Lights and music pounded through the building as Krenis strode in and sidled over to one side, tracking the nature. His informant said they tended to socialize in one of the upper back rooms. He started pushing his way along the wall to the back staircase that he picked out through the crowd.

"I have no earthly idea," Atlas confided in [member="Kaia Starchaser"] in between blasts from his coilgun.

Now that they had proper medical scanners and scientific equipment they could begin to figure that out but before they could understand the scavs they would have to survive them. Usually their raids came with very little warning for the feral savages were surprisingly cunning at thwarting Coalition countermeasures. Every attempt at communication or diplomacy had failed. Captain Drake was loathe to admit it but the only language these creatures seemed to understand was violence. Fortunately he brought some of the best hired guns in the parsec, and now there was a Warden with them.

"The transport!" he shouted over las fire, pointing at Kaia's freighter, "Protect the transport!"

What had appeared to be a clumsy headlong charge into their ranks turned out to be a feint. A dozen emaciated albinos were crawling all over the ship dismantling everything they could get their hands on. Letting loose a barrage of gauss rounds from his sidearm, Atlas managed to dislodge one of them. He noticed that the Wretched Hive's autoblasters were conspicuously silent. Usually Q was far too enthusiastic about defending 'his' super hangar.

"Where's our fire support?"

"Nasty little buggers have set up a sensor scattering field," the AI popped into existence, still decked out in full general regalia, "Working on it, Mister Drake! No one dares give me the raspberry."

Q shook his fist defiantly at the encroaching scavs, then yelped when a hail of crude arrows sailed harmlessly through him.

She was a pilot, sometimes a combat pilot, but hardly was she ever soldier, her Jedi skills were lackluster at best. As the blade lit up, she moved it between herself and the scavs coming her way. But she looked to see where Drake was, to keep him safe as well. Sword-and-shield, was what her father called it. Jedi were good at protecting, and when you didn’t have the capability and someone else did? You let them shoot. But the fact that the Captain from Kathol didn’t know what they were up against? Not a good sign.

She stepped back towards her ship, she wasn’t about to let some scavenger get it. But she knew she couldn’t leave right yet. These things were coming out of the bottom end of this massive vessel. She saw the scavs on her ship. She did not like that. “Drifter, can you get the autocannons online?” She called to her droid who was just tweeting nonsense back at her.

Right.

“Looks like they’re dismantling, not destroying.” Shaking her head, the starborn Starchaser let loose a blast of the Force, an eerie black light swirled as the gravity changed above her ship. It was only for a few seconds, but enough to remove the less resilient Scavs.

[member="Atlas Drake"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom