Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force User Promotions

There has been a lot of questions regarding this, and it seems we don't have enough...Masters training? I know I'm one of the ones not doing it, ironically.

So I'm instituting an additional, unofficial way to advance members in ranks. It's called "capping". Many of you in the armed forces are likely familiar with it. Basically, people can get promoted to the next rank by displaying a variety of outstanding qualities that we here look for at SWRP.

What qualities are we looking for?

1. Penmanship. Penmanship is first and foremost. The ability to string words together without looking like you've typed it out on your iphone. Correct capitalization, punctuation, grammar... we're not asking for you guys to pretend to be English majors here. We're just asking that you present yourself in a fashion that tells us "Hey, this guy absolutely DESERVES to be promoted."

2. Creativity. Creativity is second only to penmanship in desire here at SWRP. We love creativity. It kills me to have to tell people "no", or deny applications, but that's why we've got several trustworthy Roleplay Judges wandering the forums. I love ideas. I'm an idea guy, myself. Love it. So, bring a little creativity to the table.

3. Motivation. We're looking for people who don't sit back and say "Man there's nothing going on around here, it's so boring." True leaders step forward and make things happen. If you're the guy who keeps making role-plays, discussion threads, and consistently engaging other members of the community, we're going to promote you. It's as simple as that.

Again, this is kind of breaking trust with the rules that state Faction Leaders are in control of promotions, but it seems to me there needs to be a little more reward given around here. So with that said when we do our monthly faction cleanup at the end of the month, we will now also begin our "Capping Ceremony" where the SWRP Staff will force a promotion.

April 30 (the tuesday after this one upcoming), we'll "cap" 2 individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom