Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Sensitive Tags

Ok, this is rather nitpicky, but anyway:

The Force Sensitive Tag, is under the category of NFU Tags. Obviously, this is kinda contradictory, as if you are a NFU, you won't have the Force Sensitive tag. I would suggest that it be put into the FU tags category, for people who are sensitive to the force, but have never really trained in it, so are not a padawan/acolyte/apprentice, etc. It would therefore fit in with the rules better, stop the contradictions, and make it visible as a tag for people who have the potential to become better at using the force, but have yet to start learning.

Technically, Force-sensitives can still very easily be non-Force-users. Being sensitive to the Force isn't the same thing as using it.

But I think the bigger deal here is that NFU titles are singular, while FU titles are tiered. "Force Sensitive" isn't one of three ranked titles for a character to progress through. It's just a quality.

Atlas Kane

A
I present this counter, however, even a Force User who doesn't train their Force Powers will still subconsciously or passively employ Force Powers, thus still technically using the Force. :p
[member="Niysha"]

But I get the three rank system and I guess we could keep the tag there, honestly I'd put it up to a vote, or not. The perfectionist in me will be pleased either way.

Truth be told, I hadn't noticed the Force Sensitive tag for nearly half a year since I made this character. I'd only recently switched to it after having seen another character with it, as it fit more with my story than "Rogue Padawan", as the word "Padawan" implies at least SOME tutelage to me.

Why change what doesn't need to be changed?

The board gives you the freedom to choose the tags you wish to have no matter where they sit. Force Sensitivity is far more than just being able to utilize the Force through fantastical means. NFU's can still possess a sensitivity to it whilst not being able to fully access the scope of abilities that it can give to the Jedi or Sith, or Independents. I get how it can bother you, being that I am quite OCD and heartily wish that I hadn't created so many character accounts -- it looks tacky to me now. I'm just saying that there really isn't any need to change it being that it works as it is. FU's still have access to it, and so do NFU's if they wish it.

My opinion. It doesn't hold much substance, but there it is. Apologies if I sound rude.

Edit:

After reading the OP more thoroughly I realize that I may not have understood the suggestion fully.

I still hold to the idea that it doesn't need to be changed because the tags specifically for FU's embody all that the Force Sensitive tag would embody. If you are an Apprentice -- it is assumed that you are learning. Padawans and Acolytes are learning the Force. By that logic, Force Sensitive wouldn't need to be a tag at all. It's aesthetic, there for those who want to have it. At least that's my line of thinking anyway.

If you use the force you are required to use one of the tiered force ranks. You cannot opt to use force sensitive and write a poorly trained acolyte without the acolyte tag. You can also be force sensitive and still be unable to use the force (at least in canon), and still be a force sensitive non-force user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom