Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore "Force Light: An Analysis", by Darth Maliphant

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbx7pax-b1ca2ce5-fd5c-477c-bcc1-290368e5a418.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create more lore Maliphant has written.
  • Image Credit: Here.
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: "Force Light: An Analysis", by Darth Maliphant
  • Format: Alchemized Leather Book
  • Distribution: Rare
  • Length: Medium
    • Word Count: 59,110
  • Description:
    • With the reemergence and proclivity of the power known as 'Force Light', Maliphant decided it was beyond time to write not only a theorem on the power, but the counter to such. What the power is, how it works, and how a Sith can deny Force Light's power against them - given enough strength.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Darth Maliphant
  • Publisher: Self
  • Reception:
    • Following in Velok's own manner, there is a very limited number of these books around. Partially done to make a false sense of 'exclusivity', and partially done to make them a more valuable gift to those he handed them too - it has found itself a surprisingly warm welcome in the various circles of the Sith that enjoy theory crafting and dialectics.
FORMAT INFORMATION

Crafted from Leviathan Leather and enhanced with short-term memory enchantments, the book is as much a piece of art as it is a source of information. Specifically made by Maliphant's own hand, it sees the benefits of a master alchemist putting their skills to the craft of book binding; doing more than binding its pages with thick sinew, but making it a piece of art a sith can enjoy for years to come. From its swirling leather cover, to the leviathan eye at its center that seems to stare endlessly at its host - the book carries even more love and tender care within its dark pages.​
Each page is made from the skin of either mandalorians lost during the invasion of Mandalore, or otherwise sourced from Jedi Shadow's sent to kill Maliphant on more than a few occasions. While some are simply the artificial growth of skin cells, a few rare pages are made from the real original skin torn from the jedi's flesh. Each is lined with the blood of Maliphant, mixed carefully with corrupted kyber crystal to give each ur-Kittat word a wonderful sheen and glow. Truly, a work of art representative of Maliphant's need to be extra in all that he does.​

CONTENT INFORMATION

• Part 1, "Anatomy"
    • "... Often used by the Jedi when facing the Dark Side, Force Light has found a variety of purposes in both historic Jedi and modern Jedi. Notably, it has had prevalent use against Sith Artifacts, Force Nexus with a Dark leaning, Sith Lords, and in rare cases - entire planets, such as when used by the Order on Mirial and Yavin 4. Due to this reoccurence, it is one of the greatest dangers Sith face both present and future - and it is also one of the least known about powers the Sith face. Partially due to the fact that the Sith can not test its abilities themselves, nor can they force a Jedi to do such through torture without posing a serious danger to themselves - it is effectively, something that can only be field tested, and as such has grievously slowed the progress in its research and understanding..."
    • "... The question now becomes 'What is it?" - something even Jedi who use it now have no true understanding of. The reality is that the Force is not so easily categorized into 'light' and 'dark' - and shouldn't be for the sake of this argument. Revan and many other have used both sides of the Force, but were unable to utilize Force Light; but why is this? Anyone who swears themselves to the Sith are unable to utilize the power not for lack of trying, but because the power itself is not actually a power the wielder owns for themselves, but rather a gift from another. To clarify - Jedi are able to use 'Dark Side' powers, if not poorly with psuedo attempts at such, but the same can be said for Sith who use 'healing' such as Plagieus had in his own experiments. Due to this ability for duality, it should make sense that Sith can use the power - but they cannot; something that hints at a far reaching secret the Force would hide..."
    • "... While it is not worth going into depth in this volume, it should be more than obvious for the well versed in the Force that the Force is indeed sentient - or rather, controlled by a sentient being of some sort. This sentient being was, or perhaps still is, the Celestials - who had merged with the Force some 36,000 years ago. The Celestials faced the gravity of their sins through the Rakata - a race they had taught to use the Force as servants, but the Rakata chose to fight back against this enslavement on their own terms. History has told us they were genocidal, knowing only infinite darkness - but the reality is not so simple. Rather, they were the victims in a war where they were the first to break the chains of enslavements. During this period, things such as 'Dark Side Corruption' were not noted - because it was not a thing. Rather, there was only The Force - infinite as it was, until the Celestials began to lose the war, and abandoned this mortal plane in a ritual that sacrificed their entire race. From this, they formed 'The Ones', an ultimate culmination of their species - and from the 'Ones' turned the Force upon the Rakata and their Infinite Empire. Driving them to madness, they used their throne of godhood to enact vengeance on the Rakata - and began to control the Universe's destiny through their own sacrificial and flawed minds..."
    • "... To come back to the central point, Dark Siders are the heir's to the mindset of the Rakata. Those who fight against not the Force as a force of nature, but the Celestials who sit upon the throne and enact their justice under the guise of 'balance' - but Balance only as they see it. While Jedi are their unknown vassals, Force Light is their sword - a weapon that in itself is the Celestial's very embodiment to destroy beings they have already been marked for death; requiring the use of a conduit to truly work..."
  • Part 2, 'Light on Darkness - How it Kills"
    • "... As established, Force Light is not the will of the Jedi using it, but rather the will of the Celestial's to remove revolution and dissent from the destiny they have planned for the Galaxy. The question becomes 'how' it works now - rather than the why. While we know the Celestial's use their abilities to guide the galaxy, they also punish individuals for their individuality - to break free of destiny and the Force is paramount to sin for the Celestial's and their false godhood, so Force Light is, in its very essence, meant to destroy that individuality..."
    • "... Consider for a moment that the 'greatest' Jedi become 'One with the Force' when they die - such as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Force Light is essentially this; to deny individuality by force, overwhelming the mind and body of the Sith it strikes to force them in a state of 'Oneness' with the Force. It breaks down their spirit, their freedom, and chains them to the will of the Force; dragging them to Chaos, that which they hold all the revolutionary Sith they have collected before..."
    • "... As soon as the mind is broken, Force Light turns the midichlorians of the being in on themselves - only able to be done once the Sith's control over their own body has been broken. Force Light, as we understand it then, attacks the mind first - breaks the will of the Sith, then turns the midichlorians against the user; bringing up the question of 'Force Dark', however I will cease that discussion before it begins. One can not break the will of a Jedi using 'Force Dark' and then turn their midichlorians against them, as by turning one to the Dark is to inherently give them strength of their own midichlorians free of the influence of outside forces..."
    • "... Understanding this is key to building a defense against Force Light; as the first step in defeating an enemy is to understand that enemy. To understand Force Light is to be able to defeat it - but one must realize the philosophy behind how it works before once is able to truly break it down. Consider for a moment how Exar Kun, Dark Lord of the Sith, was able to be undone by Force Light in his time? It was not for lack of experience or knowledge, as I have no doubt the Sith would be able to defend against a single jedi's use of such - however he faced something others had not. The entire Jedi Order collectively became a conduit for the Celestial's power - and destroyed him through sheer number. Force Light, when done by multiple Jedi, becomes exponentially stronger - often becoming known as a 'Wall of Light' - that which burns away anyone who is a state of breaking Celestial's own law of freedom of choice..."
    • "... This brings up a second issue. Those who do not understand the Dark Side, and only dabble in it - so called Dark Jedi - may become doubly susceptible to Force Light. To control the Dark Side is to sin against the Celestial's, but to deny the philosophy and training of the Sith is to allow ones sense to be influence by the Force through simple nature. Since one is already unwilling to commit to total freedom from the Celestial's influence on the Force; this creates a situation where Dark Jedi are able to be overcome by Force Light since their mental barriers are not nearly strong enough in the right ways. Even Sith who have not truly embodied the teachings of their freedom from the Force's control are susceptible - as they are no different than Dark Jedi. Only to have ascended to a plain of understanding that allows one to deny such foreign influence subconsciously is to be able to counter Force Light..."
    • "... Additional points to make. This brings up the issue of Mirial - where Force Light managed to destroy a population of non force sensitive individuals in addition to Sith. The Wall of Light utilized on the planet did so not because Force Light only effects the Dark Side influenced - but because it also works against those who believe in the Sith teachings, but do not have the ability to control the Force. These 'enlightened' are NFU's who have found strength in their understanding of the Force - able to break from the Force's will of their own accord, but are not able to defend against Force Light often in the same ways; though many have shown an ability to resist its initial stage of breaking the mind, but suffering from wounds of their own midichlorians turning on them. Rather, they don't often turn to ash unless faced with a large enough wave of Force Light - but may become sick overtime, as their body begins to show signs of Dark Side corruption despite never utilizing it..."
    • "... Last, it should be noted that Nexus and Artifacts, without proper enchantments, have no inherit defense against Force Light due to their inability to resist the manipulation of the Force upon them. Without mental defenses, the artifacts are turned upon themselves and become ash with little effort - easily done by the Jedi with enough skill. While Force Light can be used to 'purify' areas of the Dark Side's influence - it should be noted that this is only done to bring these molecules and areas back under the control of the Celestial's, as anywhere with enough Dark Side 'corruption' is more war zone for the Celestials, rather than true area of their domain. Contested planets, if you will, such as Korriban where the Celestial's killed all life - or Ziost, Exegol, and more..."
  • Part 3, "The Counter - How to Survive"
    • "... Let it be known these are very much experimental notes, and are subject to change as experimentation occurs. On Ossus, facing Romi Jade, I - Darth Maliphant - survived Force Light not because I was not corrupted by the Dark Side, but because of what was written about in this book. To survive Force Light, one must be able to reinforce two aspects of their being - their mind, and their body. While this may seem simple, I will expand..."
    • "... To strengthen one's mind, one must understand and reinforce their dominion over the Force. More notably, they must be able to seperate the will of the Celestial's from their mind - to know when the Force attempts to influence you in such a way that will be counter productive to your efforts. Many Sith have failed this - such as Sidious, when he unwittingly listened to the 'Force' and killed Plagieus. This was obviously the will of the Celestials, unable to kill Plagieus themselves; using him as their conduit. As such, Sidious would have been vulnerable to the effects of Force Light during his assassination of Plagieus - though not after, when the ritual kaggath would have infused him with the strength of the Sith'ari. To reiterate - to deny the Celestial's dominion over your mind, to make it a dominating presence in the face of the Force is to be able to deny Force Light its first attempts to counter you..."
    • "... Second, is the body. To hold dominion over your midichlorians and their sovreignty is to be the God of your person - instead of allowing any portion of your strength to come from the Celestial's as the Jedi do. If your mind is to falter in the face of many Jedi, insure that your midichlorians do not answer the call of any foreign being - as if given the chance, the Celestial's will use them against you, turning you to ash, and stealing your soul for the realm of Chaos - their tartarus. However, it should be noted that his is easier said than done - as the very act of controlling your own midichlorians is something not even Plagieus was able to do upon his death; but had the research in mind to do that in time. Our benefit is we have many of his teachings available to us - through leaks of the Telos Holocron, Sidious, and more; but to truly embody his teachings is far more difficult than one might hope to do. Even when I had countered the Force Light of Romi Jade, much of my body had begun to act against him - leaving burns and scars across me where skin had turned to ash. If nothing else, it reminded me that despite all my own strength - the Force still holds sway over portions of my body..."
  • Part 4, "Conclusion"
    • "...With all this said, it should be easily understood not only how Force Light works - but the why, and from the why, how to counter it. It is only through the enlightening teachings of the Worm Emperor that I was able to understand and embody the nature of these lessons - in conjunction with the notes and records left behind by greater Sith than me. With this information, I hope to pass onto a select few of you the details regarding Force Light - so that it can be a strike against the Jedi and their Celestial overlords. Remember, the Force will free us - but you must free yourself first."

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Written around 864ABY by Darth Maliphant after having been exposed to the teachings of the Worm Emperor, 'Force Light, An Analysis' was the culmination of his research into not only the Celestial's that domineer over the Force, but the very nature of the attack itself. Having very little to go on, and concerned by its rising popularity among the Jedi; Maliphant wrote this book as a means to teach others what he had learned of it, and to test his own hypothesis in the field.​
Taking notes, Maliphant figured out how to counter Force Light using the teachings of the Worm Emperor; but still suffered wounds despite it. While this means that Force Light is not null and void to him, it does lend itself to the accuracy of his theorem - and the effectiveness of his teachings. While not Darth Plageius the Wise yet; Maliphant finds himself quickly going down the road of such by his fellow Sith's regards to his reputation and nature. The information in this book is, however, powerful - and as such was only given out to a few Sith that Maliphant could entrust with the information.​
These being:​
* All observations in this article are from the limited experimental data collected by Darth Maliphant, and may not account for all forms of Force Light - anomalies exist for all powers.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

I really enjoyed reading this submission. You put a lot of time into this and a lot of thought as well. There are is one thing I would like to bring up which I think would help make this submission something this community could certainly benefit from.

The submission in ”Part 2” uses some wording which could be seen as absolute. Examples of this is are but not limited to:

Those who do not understand the Dark Side, and only dabble in it - so called Dark Jedi - become doubly susceptible to Force Light.

...but because it also works against those who believe in the Sith teachings, but do not have the ability to control the Force.

One could argue by looking at the wookieeoedia article that force light attacks dark side energy and not beliefs? How does force light impact non-force users that simply believe in a philosophy? Why would a Dark Jedi be doubly susceptible when Sith are more saturated?

While this is a lore submission and could be seen as the ramblings of a mad man and largely ignored by the community it is a good practice to avoid absolutes like this. To that end I’d like to offer a couple of suggestions.

The first would be to change the absolute language in this section. Example: “Dark Jedi may be more susceptible...”

The second option would be to make a notation as you did in ”Part 3,” but for this entire submission. Something akin to:

The content of these writings are the conclusions Darth Maliphant has come to based on personal observations.

I believe either of those options would be a good direction.

All that being said, on a personal note, I thoroughly enjoyed this submission. The detail and thought behind it is amazing!

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

So, to explain - the Dark Jedi are more susceptible because they don't have the foundational blocks Sith teachings provide force users to resist Force Light; essentially, at least, how I have it explained. Where a Dark Jedi might simply control the dark side, a Sith knows the process to control it is in their identity (emotions, personal fortitude, etc.)

Those philosophical changes give the mental fortitude to block out the first stages of Force light to some degree - though isn't necessarily noticeable when they are burnt to a crisp.

As far as the second mention, about non force users. This is largely made to explain away an instance on Chaos where a Force Light was used against a planet (Mirial) and the Sith writers involved decided it worked against all the population as well, due to their believe in the Sith as a philosophy. Sworn allegiance somehow made them burn up, though there isn't really any canon precedent for such - really relating to a misunderstanding of the canonical lore.

Would you still like me to add in some notes about it? I assume absolutes written from an IC perspective sorta implied they were not actually absolutes so much as characterizations.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Your desire to explain and codify what happened on Mirial is a prime example why I think you need to add the disclaimer.

My biggest concern here is that someone would point to this as to how something should work since force light is generally used in pvp. While it is redundant I think it would protect your submission from being used as justification you have no intention for it to be used for...

if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom