Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force, just let me be able to fix this one thing

Dathomir.

Scherezade hadn't planned on coming here so soon. She thought she would go, plan things out, do some things, and at some point remember that she had to go to Dathomir and talk to Angelo.

Instead, she left Tatooine and headed to the planet of the Witches immediately, still covered in bits of Hutt babies, still stinking, still crying.

Everything inside her hurt. Hurt at the family that wasn't a family, hurt at the family that was no longer family, hurt with every breath over Gerwald and Katrine, hurt knowing all her moments were being replaced and rewritten, that all her plans meant nothing.

She couldn't fix her relationships with Celestine and Asteria either, even though those weren't damaged, but just not closed. So there was one thing left that she could do. She could bring Celestine, Asteria, and Angelo closer together. Make them a family again. Petra had told her where she could find him, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

En route, she finished a few more cases of liquor. Standing was hard. Walking was harder. She was beyond drunk by the time she landed on the planet.

This time there would be no games, no pretty speeches. Last time she was here... Gerwald had been with her. She choked back the will to start crying again. It didn't make sense, it wasn't logical that she couldn't go anywhere or do anything that the two had not touched together in one form or another.

Closing her eyes, the drunk Sith allowed her presence through the Force to spread forth and unleash to every direction on the planet.

I am looking for Angelo Cavataio, she sent the message along with it.

The glow of the saber glinting off the sweat that formed from the fight Angelo had. Steam was seen easily leaving his body from the heat that was being put out from the rage he had. Pulling the saber out of the skull of the last witch in clan that now longer existed, Angelo had eliminated a clan that did not take the offer he presented to them. This was Petra’s task that he carried out. He was going from clan to clan offering a chance for better life under Petra’s leadership. Those that reject the offer were destroyed. Angelo was not crazy about it, but it was ordered of him. He just made sure it was done with some sense like starting with the small clans that he taken on alone.

Looking around, smoke rose from the fires that were started in the heat of battle. There were some bodies already taken care of with fire. He made sure the others were added to the flames. Taking care of the last two bodies, message came through the force. Because of the source, it was a blast of noise and lack focus. Drunks should not be allowed to use the force. However, his name was used in the message which he could not ignore.

Angelo still being hyped up on the killings. The subtlety was gone for him. No urge to be diplomatic with one blasting his name out there. Although, one sign of control in the rage. He did not blast a response out. It was precise strike back like his killing blows were with the witches and jai that were burning now. Walking out slowly from the small clan hold, he focused on the waves of the force that came from the one that called his name. Once found, all that was shared was, “What?”

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

An answer! Okay, if someone answered like that, that meant it had to be him, right? That was Angelo? She knew he'd been around on Endelaan when she was born, but she couldn't call a face to memory. Not from there. She could, however, find a face in her grandmother's memories, and she knew that he and Asteria had been together long before her mother even turned into a teenager. Which meant that potentially, unless he'd forgotten, she would look to him as Nessarose had.

Carefully, she wobbled out of her ship, needing to lean against the walls more than once, and simply fell down the elevator shaft. If any body parts were hurt, she didn't register it. She was on a mission, she had to get Angelo, she had to get something right, even if it would be the only thing she ever managed to get done with her stupid and wasted life.

Once the sun hit her eyes, the smell did to. Something, somewhere, fire, lots of it. She didn't care.

Come here please, she sent to him through the Force, we need to talk. Please please please. It's important.

[member="Angelo Cavataio"]

This was a first for this time around. No one ever in the twenty years looked for him or asked for his time. He knew it was not his daughter because he watched her leave before he started his current run of tasks. However, it had a familiar sound to it and the force felt similar. The drunkenness was only thing that he could not place. The ones it felt like were not drunks.

Angelo was being called out. This time though, he did not have to walk to where he needed to go. A speeder was waiting for him. It was supposed to take him to the next clan hold to handle. That was going to have to wait. Getting over to his old, clunky speeder bike, he started it and jetted off from the mess he made. He drove with the force being the compass to the direction he needed to go. It was still a drive, but he was able to find a drunk and her ship.

Stopping a little bit a ways, Angelo was going to walk it in case of traps or a fight. He did not want his speeder to be messed up. There was still use out of the machine.

As he approached, his eyes fell on the one that begged him to come. He grabbed his saber and ignited it before everything else done or said. Seeing the girl, one that looked like a person he once knew. His mind went to it being a trap. His walking slowed down, the focus was on the girl and saber was pointing away from him. Being firm with this tone, he wanted answer before attacking. “Are you really Nessa or clone to kill me and my family? The Nessa I knew grew up from you and should be resting in a tomb on her Endelaan seeing it has been like six hundred years.”

Scherezade... looked like crap. Sure, she was a carbon copy of her mother at a slightly younger age, but whereas her mother was bubbly, full of life, and constantly smiling, Scherezade was a mess. The bags under her eyes were a deep dark purple by now, her skin taking on the hue of a person who had not properly eaten or slept in a very long time. She was wobbling, having a hard time keeping her balance right there and then, and had elected to just sit on the grass while she waited. Her hair was matted, her clothes could probably use a round at the local laundromat, and she was wearing a meh ensemble of baggy jeans and wide black t-shirt.

So her surprise when Angelo referred to her as Nessa was quite easy to understand, even though she had not looked in a mirror in over a week.

Emerald green eyes looked at the lightsaber that had been ignited. Normally, she would have pulled out a knife in return, but she had no energy to do that, so she sighed instead. Dathomir was as good as any other place to die, she supposed. At least it wasn't Tatooine.

"I'm not Nessa," she answered, "and not a clone."

Why would he think she would want to destroy his family? It was her family! Real family this time, not a fake adopted one.

"Nessa is... Somewhere. Not dead, not alive. I'm not really sure where she is," Scherezade said after taking a swig from her bottle, "I'm Scherezade. I'm her daughter. Brayden was... Is, my twin brother, Diomedes is my father. I was born on Endelaan six hundred years ago and I can't return." She drank again, "So if the formalities are done. I'm here because I want to unite my family. I sometimes share a roof with Celestine. And I know where Asteria is." And there was one more thing. She did her best to smile at him. It was the smile of a broken person, despite her effort. "Hello, Uncle Angelo."

Saber remained out. This was still unease for Angelo. He was in a sense still dealing with his own daughter being alive still. Now there were another child to someone he gave candy to when they were young then worked for years later. That was odd, but Scherezade in front of him looked like Nessa. Yes, rough around the edges, but his mind easily ignored that for the familiarities. Twenty years in a cell with Petra’s spell. Familiar features and things were welcomed over what was whispering in his head.

Watching Scherezade closely, the words she said were analyzed, and given time to think he would question why he jumped to being paranoid with a clone killer. All the families he has dealt with were crazy and beyond twisted. He was safe to also move from there. Listening to the names, they were familiar and would have assumed all dead. However, he knew was wrong on that regarding Asteria and Celestine. So, he was going to believe what was said about Nessa. Then continued with him making a leap about Brayden and Diomedes being around too.

Finally, more words were going to remark about the madness, “Okay, Scherezade… You have a noble cause with uniting your family, but I don’t know where Nessa, Diomedes, or Brayden are, sorry. For Asteria, she is in one of her offices working or sleeping with the help.” That was little bit coldly said, and of course it was more his mother’s spell speaking than him actually saying what he thought. He did not need to say anything about his daughter as she was working, and he got to see her when she stopped by Dathomir now. Then he had to one thing to the mix, “Also, Scherezade… when you do find your mother, don’t be drunk. Drunk in front of an uncle is pushing it but whatever. Mothers are always different.”

Of course he didn't know where her parents or brother were. She hadn't expected him to know, or to even mention it, so it took her by surprise, and she blinked, just staring at him. However, that surprise was quickly overtaken by another one, when he said what he had to say about Asteria. For now, she chose to ignore his comment about being drunk. He saw her being drunk. If he knew she was broken, she was weak, he mentioned or motioned nothing about it. She was never going to find her mother, not in a million years. There were things that were reserved for people that weren't her, and this was just another one on the list.

"Asteria doesn't know you're alive," she shot at him with a glare. No, she didn't know that for sure. But it was a wild guess. Because she had Shery's memories and she knew the love Asteria and Angelo shared, and she knew that Asteria was Shery's golden child. There would be no misconceptions about that part. If he and Asteria weren't together now, when they hadn't even talked, as Petra had said, it was because Asteria didn't know that Angelo was alive.

But... Angelo knew that Asteria was alive, awake. "You're being stupid," Scherezade added, unaware of how much she sounded like her mother at that moment, "you and Auntie Astrie love each other. It's been six hundred years. You need to take a shower and go see her. I'll give you a ride back and forth if that's what it takes, you'll only be gone from here for a little bit. I'll give you a drop of my blood if you want to be sure of my intentions. And just think how happy it would make Celestine, to know her parents are at least talking."

Where had the blood bit come from? Scherezade blinked at herself, and internally cursed her grandmother. She had all the theoretics about blood magics and oaths, but... It was just theory. She'd never actually done anything with it.

But if taking a step into that uncharted territory was going to unite Asteria and Angelo, she would happily give much more than a drop.

Angelo was not happy with the looks or tone being sent at him. His father tone surface, the one that held back until Celestine was stepping out of line or testing the boundaries. “Don’t you even give me those looks, Scherezade… or that tone. I’m not the one that shows up blasting a person’s name around in the force then wants to talk while drunk.” He had to pause and recollect himself. The rage wanted to surface and unload, but he was holding it back. “Last time I saw you, you were still a baby and now you come here. The first impression with your uncle seriously needs work. So, do this for me, don’t drink anymore and rest. Then come to the Morte Clan Stronghold, and follow your feelings, I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up on me and traces of Celestine. Then we will start all over and act like proper family members.”

The saber was deactivated and attached back on his belt. Before turning away, he did add. “If I don’t see you again, just I’m happy that my Celestine has a cousin to bond and grow with.” Then he walked back to his speeder. He needed clean up and rest too. It was a two-way street, but if he was going to enterain the idea of seeing Asteria. It was going to handle differently. The topic of Asteria was touchy. Petra had her spell whispering hate, Angelo had his own hate, and there was still undying love for the woman too. He knew she was alive the moment he was brought back. Any word about the feelings would never be said until it was to Asteria.

Same time, the hate was there. If he was stuck and kept in a spell for years while knowing she was alive. How could she ignore it and not come looking for him? There was the rage, it hit deep for him. Everything they had done felt like it meant nothing to her. Angelo had to settle down and just head home. Getting on his speeder, he left Scherezade where he found her. It would be interesting to see what happen next.

Angelo's words left Scherezade speechless. Her jaw dropped to the floor and she could do little other than stare in shock and confusion as he began to put distance between them. She wanted to scream at him, to yell at him, to throw her empty bottle on him, but by the time her muscles obeyed her commands, he was already long gone.

Scherezade continued to sit there, her eyes closed now. She was still drinking. Her face was wet as it was so often these days. Angelo was an ass, and he made demands of her that he had no right making. He didn't know why she was the way she was. He didn't know anything about her other than her lineage. He didn't know how sobriety terrified her these days because it meant that all the pain and all the hurt and all the memories got even worse. He didn't know anything!

The Sithling groaned as she pushed herself to her feet. Unlike him, she had no speeders. She had nothing save her weapons and the two bottles now attached to her belt. But drunk or not, she was determined. Angelo had to go and talk to Asteria.

Scherezade began to walk.

It was nightfall when she finally managed to reach the right Stronghold. Sweat beads were rolling down her face and back, the heat was becoming unbearable, she was still very drunk, but it didn't matter. She'd made it. That would show him. All that was left was to follow the scent. There were things she couldn't do while drunk, she knew, but recognizing imprints, being able to tell who was what and where... That she could still do. Especially with... Nevermind. Thouhts of that had haunted her all the hours of her little trip. But she was almost there.

Angelo's presence in the Force hung heavily in the air. She had no trouble making her way to the cottage, only that it took time because even after all these hours, she could still barely walk in a straight line.

It was with great effort that she finally made it to the door, opened it, and let herself in, taking a seat in the kitchen. That was where she could feel the remains of Celestine's presence the most.

And with that, her head slumped forward onto the table.

That's all right though, Scherezade never really slept anyway.

After getting dress from the shower Angelo took when got home, he came out with putting his shirt on. There was a surprise in the kitchen. He should have not been surprise. Many of those deWinters were stubborn to the core. Still the surprise was she in her drunken state made it. He knew from such an act there was something bugging her. Also, it was decided to be a little nicer to her.

Angelo did not say a word as he came into the kitchen. A glass of ice water was fixed up and he set it front of her. Treating her like Celestine, his hand reached upward to rub her back tenderly like he did with Celestine in the past. Even his tone was warmer and caring, “Scherezade, drink some water… if you want, you can take a quick shower to cool off faster. I’m sure Celestine won’t mind if you borrow her clothes.”

His tone and actions were truly trying to be kind to her. The push early was him dealing with the overload and feelings about Asteria. This girl wanted to push for a meeting. Another wanted the meeting to happen too, but he had been other tasks to stay away from Asteria. His putting off might been center around anger at her or something else. Like the fact it would be to real for him, it was difficult enough to accept his daughter was cursed because of him, and he had to live up to a deal with his mother. He did not want to admit to idea that Asteria was a victim in all this too. In the end, he failed his family and wasted a life time died.

Her eyes were still closed when Angelo set the glass of water in front of her. She would drink soon, she could hear him talking, everything was fine, she didn't need a shower, she-

Angelo touched her back.

Scherezade jumped up, losing her balance on the chair and fell to the ground, hitting a knee in the process. Her eyes snapped open, the look of sheer terror on her face for a split of a moment before it vanished. "Please don't touch me," she said breathlessly.

That was new. She was used to responding with surprise when people touched her by surprise, but the strength of it now, the fear... Where the krak had that come from? She didn't know. She didn't want to think about it.

Reaching for the bottle that still had some drops left, she emptied it and set it on the floor.

"Celestine is half my size, Uncle Angelo," she sighed, "I can't wear her clothes."

Angelo chuckled on several accounts. It was funny and sad to him. He went around to Scherezade. The bottle was grabbed by him. He was going to leave her there since helping would mean touching her. All that happen with the bottle was it was cleaned and set to dry on the counter. He moved on with getting two more glasses. One got ice added and the other was left empty. They were set next to the glass of water. Then Angelo looked back in the cabinets. There was a bottle he was looking for. It had been centuries, but he knew it would still be a bottle or two. As he looked, he commented back to Scherezade, “I was guessing about the clothes… I haven’t gotten her clothes since I have been back, so I don’t know. Thought I would be nice and offer you something fresh.”

After finding it, Angelo brought it down and popped the cork. Seven hundred or so year old witch brew was making him smile a bit. The fun for him how it looked when leaving the bottle. Pouring it out, a purple mist flowed out of it. The glass with ice was first and when the mist hit the ice. It instantly changed to blue liquid and filled the glass. The other glass when poured into had the mist turn into a red liquid. Once done pouring, he pushed them over to Scherezade, and he took the water. He knew the booze was more important to a drunk than water. “Start with the blue brew since the red will then get stronger then.”

Leaning back on the counter, he drank some of the water. There was really no wait time as his next question came out. “Who ruined you so much that you are this way?” As questions went, who knew how good or bad it was to be that direct. Angelo was just piecing things together with the quest to unite family, being drunk, reacting to touch, the super stubbornness, and the willingness for blood oath to get Angelo to see Asteria. He was feeling like something was eating her up and of all the people, he might be able to understand if there was something there, or he was grabbing at nothing and was deflecting his own issues.

Her eyes followed his movements, a hand coming up to try to keep him from taking her bottle. But she was too slow, and so he did. Glasses were being set on the counter and she just stared, not really knowing what to say yet. And the he said he was trying to be nice.

"You can be super nice," Scherezade with a broken yet wicked grin, "if you come with me and we go see Auntie Astrie."

He gave her the glasses then, explaining how to drink. Scherezade took the blue one first, giving it an experiment sip. The last time she had witches brew, she'd lost her memories of what happened after she'd drunk. More than often, lately, she'd wondered if losing memories was the answer to her troubles. Just... Remove everything. Forget Katrine and Gerwald had ever existed, be the innocent girl with the big eyes again who knew nothing of betrayal and heart break.

It was a very seductive scenario, there was no denying that. But there was something about doing that that terrified her to the core, though she wasn't ready to admit it.

And then he asked who ruined her so much that she was this way.

Scherezade took another sip from the drink. Half of her wanted to scold him for even daring to ask, the other half wanted to pour her heart out, tell him everything. Both sides were wrong though. "The only people that I both loved and trusted with my whole heart," she answered after a long pause, only now looking at him.

Angelo really did not want to deal with the push to see Asteria. To him, she was, and even currently everything to him. It was his actions that ruined everything. The deal he made with Petra that ended every good thing he had going. He betrayed Asteria, and he felt like he could not go back from it.

Drinking the water, he searched for words to maybe probe Scherezade situation and the same time to so why he could not go to Asteria. Took him a moment but he replied, "Then imagine you are them and they know you are hurting and in pieces... do you think they deserve a chance to fix all the pain and suffering they caused you? That is basically the setup for Asteria, Celestine, and myself too... I caused so much pain and suffering for them. So like those you love, do we deserve a second chance?"

Scherezade stared at Agelo dumbfounded. She didn't understand why he would say such things. There was nothing inside her grandmother's memories to even hint at anything that he might have done that would have caused Asteria and Celestine so much pain and suffering. They thought he was dead, or at least, not alive. But he was here, flesh and bone. It wasn't the same situation at all.

With a grunt, Scherezade began to push herself off the floor. It took... Much longer than it had taken to get there in the first place. She leaned with all her weight against the counter, slowly inching herself to the seat, and hoped she could stay in there without losing her balance again before she took yet another sip from the glass she just called to her hands with the Force.

"They saw me break," she told Angelo, "they saw me break and they did nothing. They broke me and I felt the pieces shatter, and they only made it worse, more painful. They didn't just hurt me, Uncle Angelo. They broke me and then danced together."

Dance. She had seen them dance.

Scherezade took another sip from the drink, holding her tears back for the moment being.

"I don't know what you did, Uncle Angelo," she said, looking at her uncle now, "but I know they love you and that the miss you. I don't know, maybe you really don't deserve a second chance, but maybe you do. But hiding out here on Dathomir isn't gonna answer that question. You have to go and talk to them. Please, Uncle Angelo..."

“phuck…” rolled out without much thought. His issues were tiny and might been all self-created when comparing to Scherezade. To break a person and celebrate over it, he thought no one would reach his mother’s level. It appeared there were sith still out there played games like his mother. It explained everything to him why she was the way she was.

Angelo looked at his water. He quickly downed it to get the brew and filled the glass with a drink. It was downed quickly too. He had nothing. A subject change would have been helpful, but his issues were so petty. There was nothing else his mind could focus on. So, he decided to speak after making another drink and downing it quickly. “Sith and their games aim for results like you had… At least you were strong enough to survive it to feel like burying it in booze. So there is hope for you to recover, sadly it is on you now.”

He wanted to be supportive, but facts were simple. It was what he wanted to do, and touching was off the table. Words had to do for now, “I can be here as a supportive uncle, but this is your pain that only you truly understand. I hate that it happened to you. The family have suffered a lot over the years. But, I have faith that you’ll pull through. Just know, it will be done your way on your schedule.”

Taking the glass, Angelo poured another drink. It had turned pink and not blue or red like the drinks before. He slid it across the counter top. Smiling, “Just drink the pink one… it’s five times stronger than the blue. It should help you numb everything more, and maybe knock you back on your rear.” Chuckling as he was more teasing at the end then being serious.

Hope to recover. What a laughable concept. As was his claim about it being anything Sith related. Of the three, she'd been the only one who was a Sith. She'd also been the one to be cast but not cast out at the same time, the one to break, the one to hurt. She didn't feel like she was strong enough to survive it. She was weak. That was why she had broken. A strong person wouldn't have. And recovery... What was recovery? It had been weeks now, and she wasn't doing a smidgen better than she was that horrible night.

Her schedule... Meant nothing. She didn't give any sort of reply to that either, but definitely took the pink drink that was offered. "Last time I had witches brew it was purple-ish and then I woke up not knowing what had happened," she mumbled before drinking from it. But she was still sitting now, so she supposed that was well.

Groggy eyes moved to look at her uncle again. "What is it you think you've done?" she asked him, her interest genuine. If it was as bad as he suggested earlier, maybe there was no point in staying and trying to convince him of anything. But somehow, she doubted it. Whatever it was he'd done, it was something they could easily fix if he'd just come and talk to Auntie Astrie.

Angelo indeed could not hold a candle to issues of his niece. Sharing it would be like complaining about first world issues, he lost the steam to protest or fight over his sins. Still, the question was out there. It was like his daughter did not know. He had a fight of sorts with the spell in his head already. It was still whispering to him. The thing had been ignored since it wanted more information because Petra wanted it.

However, the first world issues were shared. It was not pleasant or possitive. It lacked emotion and was on the cold side for his tone. "I choose my desires over theirs... I gave my mother want she wanted in exchange for Asteria and Celestine to be protected. Then I killed myself... a life for two lives. I knew they would prefer me running back to them and spending my days with them, but I made a selfish decision to ensure they lived."

That covered it all without him admitting to failing to kill Petra, or that he surrounded his life so Petra would not kill Asteria and Celestine. It was all he wanted to admit aloud for his ears to hear. The shame he had over it was fueling his rage as witches and jai were killed. Also, it was what kept him away from Asteria.

It was a good thing that Angelo gave no voice to his thoughts about his story sounding like first world issues. Because if he had, Scherezade would've found a way to smack him on the back of the head.

When he said he choice his desires over theirs, her head shot up. She was ready to glare at him, yell at him, try to stab him. Because that, that single sentence, that sounded like what she had been through. But she was glad she responded slowly, because Anglo kept talking, and actually explained himself. His mother... His mother was Petra. The blood drained from Scherezade's face. She'd made a deal with Petra. A deal that she would be held to no matter what happened. The same Petra that exchanged Angelo's life for the protection of Asteria and Celestine.

But had Petra actually every done anything to them, or tried? Scherezade didn't know. There was nothing in her grandmother's memories about that.

Angelo kept going, saying he killed himself. One life, to spare two.

Scherezade didn't really know her own parents, save for the memories of Shery. And she didn't really know Angelo well, though she was starting to learn now... That maybe they were more alike than their lack of shared blood would've otherwise suggested.

For a few minutes, she let the silence hang in the air as she drank, gathering her thoughts. Eventually, she set the glass down and looked at her uncle as hard as she could.

"I would have done the same," she finally told him, "because what's one life for two that you love, that are your entire heart?"

But it didn't end there, did it? "But you're alive now, and so are they. And I don't know what can be done about Petra, because she's most likely made of the same stuff that Shery is, and that stuff includes 'life ruin-er' on the list. But you didn't put your desires above theirs, Uncle Angelo. You put their lives above yours. And that's not the same thing at all."

As serious as one could be, Angelo looked at Scherezade. His tone was hinting to rage that was brewing. “Petra is mine… I owe her a death for all the chit she has done and is putting everyone through.” Petra had done so much to people that Angelo had not forgotten. Wanting to kill her was a source of his rage, and his rage was what Petra wanted. So, the spell in his head was not preventing such thoughts. Same time, Petra was not worry since she had won last time. However, Angelo had something he did not have back then. He believed his hands would be around her neck to choke life out of her, or even better, him holding her heart in front of her as she stopped existing.

There was a moment needed for Angelo. The rage was being felt and he knew it had be in put check since he did not want to unleash his rage with Scherezade. Focus on Asteria and Celestine was his way of cooling down. Then he was able to yack more. “Alright… the real issue is not that I put their lives above mine, but how Asteria will view all the events. I lied to her with the promise of coming back. She might not admit it, but I know she felt my death like I could feel her the last twenty years while she slept and been awake since. So, I failed to return to her and it’s clear she wants nothing to do with now.” There was no direction here. He was more just dumping on Scherezade. The non-smart thing to do with a woman that been through hell and back. Yet, he threw up words, “If it was the other way around, I would love to think the moment I awaken from some sleep and feel my love alive, I would go to her. So yeah, I’m just going to focus on Celestine and make up for all the lost time.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom