Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Healing Teaching?

Is it possible for a non-force user retain the knowledge of both dark and light sides of force healing and properly teach it to padawans. The thought crossed my mind when reading up on force healers, Jedi were able to retain teachings of dead Sith healers and some Sith learned healing technique. So could a none force user learn the basic skill of both and teach it in a matter of a creation of his own healing skill that he couldn't use.

I have to agree with [member="Ijaat Akun"] on this. Most NFU have no concept of how the Force works. In fact, if you look back at the times of the Old Republic, most people couldn't differentiate between a Sith and a Jedi.

Uhm.. alrighty, lets try to see this from a perspective and sight of an actual force user..shall we?

How do you plan on using an ability acquired by the force if you cannot even touch it?

@Jaster of clan Awaud

and no I don't mean to be rude, just this made me curious and a little surprised to see. :D

It also dons on me that if you were able to learn this said technique from lets say.. a force user and they in turn gave you enough knowledge so that you could possibly pass on that knowledge to someone who can wield the force, then it could be a possibility.

Don't take my word as a definite, I know nothing of healing.. so yea, I am plainly trying to help is all. I hope I am not actually hindering this.

You forget that it is a skill though knowlage. It's a wisdom type teaching, not two alienated species teaching specific things. This is a teaching like any medical knowlage and scientific idea fought to students. This would really just the transaction of skills and knowlage of a very specific force type ability, force healing, which both jedi and Sith can learn. This was an idea I found out that through studying and knowledge a non-force user could understand the workings of force users.

This was a question because my character works with Jedi healers and doctors and the idea of taking Jedi padawans and Sith apprentices into training. The problem arose that we don't have a lot of force users and no Sith. If my character and some non-force users learn and teach these skills we could have an upper hand on negotiation with other factions.

If this is truly not doable then we will just find another route.

[member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Mallory Pryde"]

Saying what you used as proof is like saying padawans can't be tough, they have an understanding of the force as much as any other person in the galaxy. They can't touch it ither, they can feel it I there body, and through proper training they then can use and "touch" it.

@Jaster of clan Awaud

True, but yet an NFU is not capable of simply "feeling" the force, are they? but I will leave this to people who know this stuff. :D

I hope you get the info you need, good luck. :p

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

You can read all you want, but without a connection to the force, it'll be inefficient to teach at best. Like the difference between someone describing something based on a description of someone else, and someone describing something they saw, or even can see.

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud "]there is a difference in dark side and light side healing. darkness tends to drain life to heal another while light focuses on using the force to heal the injured. I am unaware of how a nfu could know these skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom