Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Force Ghost Character Creation/Viability

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
Would a Force Spirit who can possess/inhabit droids be a feasible idea? I'm basing the concept partly on Rur and partly on both Mother Talzin possessing Count Dooku in the "Son of Dathomir" comic and the Nightsister ghosts possessing Sabine and Hera on "Rebels." I was thinking it might be a fun spin on a former Force-user; he wouldn't have any Force powers, and would be constantly changing physical form, but would retain the skills of the droid he possessed. Maybe an offshoot of Electronic Manipulation?

Would it require a submission to the Codex given the unique aspect?

Last edited:
It would likely as usually force spirits like the nightsisters were tied to a location and didn't move much. I say usually as it wouldn't be unheard of but a pure spirit could be verging on immortality as if deafeated it just jumps to a new body.

Juggerduck

0qUIf1M.jpg

Would a Force Spirit who can possess/inhabit droids be a feasible idea? I'm basing the concept partly on Rur and partly on both Mother Talzin possessing Count Dooku in the "Son of Dathomir" comic and the Nightsister ghosts possessing Sabine and Hera on "Rebels." I was thinking it might be a fun spin on a former Force-user; he wouldn't have any Force powers, and would be constantly changing physical form, but would retain the skills of the droid he possessed. Maybe an offshoot of Electronic Manipulation?

Would it require a submission to the Codex given the unique aspect?
I'm iffy on force spirits myself but someone did something similar with organic bodies (though they made a species for the spirits that could do that) so I'd be inclined to believe it's plausible. Really the only concern I think of is if it's too much immortality or not. I don't know if that's still a thing but pretty sure there was a bit about characters not being able to be completely unkillable.

Wasn't Rur a sapient crystal though not so much a spirit?

Juggerduck

Salis Salis , depends on which Rur. The one from Doctor Aphra was a Force-sensitive who uploaded his consciousness into a computer. The Rur from Alan Moore's story "Blind Fury" only claimed that his body "was no more." This version would be a Force Ghost who can merge and take over droid forms, so, similar, but different. Not sure of their moral compass yet if this turns out to be a workable idea.

Salis Salis , depends on which Rur. The one from Doctor Aphra was a Force-sensitive who uploaded his consciousness into a computer. The Rur from Alan Moore's story "Blind Fury" only claimed that his body "was no more." This version would be a Force Ghost who can merge and take over droid forms, so, similar, but different. Not sure of their moral compass yet if this turns out to be a workable idea.
Oh I'd never heard about that second one. And guess I didn't know the full context of the first, actually that's an idea I'd thought of implementing but just...haven't. But this is still a fascinating idea, would be fun to see it in action if/when you do it.

Salis Salis , depends on which Rur. The one from Doctor Aphra was a Force-sensitive who uploaded his consciousness into a computer. The Rur from Alan Moore's story "Blind Fury" only claimed that his body "was no more."

Hate to tell you, but the one in Blind Fury was also just his mind downloaded into a compuer. "But I, Rur, survived, not in mortal form, 'tis true...my mind was encoded and preserved in the devices of knowing you see before you." The one from the Doctor Aphra comics was a copy of the canon version of Rur, and they both existed simultaneously within the story, rather than Rur from legends (although we don't know that the original organic Rur and the uploaded Rur consciousness didn't exist simultaneously within the legends storyline).

Juggerduck

Hate to tell you, but the one in Blind Fury was also just his mind downloaded into a compuer. "But I, Rur, survived, not in mortal form, 'tis true...my mind was encoded and preserved in the devices of knowing you see before you." The one from the Doctor Aphra comics was a copy of the canon version of Rur, and they both existed simultaneously within the story, rather than Rur from legends (although we don't know that the original organic Rur and the uploaded Rur consciousness didn't exist simultaneously within the legends storyline).

Why "hate to tell me?" I'm not afraid of being corrected, I appreciate it!

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.

Well, it's sort of arguable if the one from Aphra's thing was still the same person with just mind uploading instead, I don't think Cylo was Force Sensitive. So it was a copy of the person, rather than the same person eg essence transfer since afaik regular people sort of dissolve into the Force when they die. Some of the new canon has spirits able to possess people but it usually requires something like a mask or other object that contains their spirit so they are not technically immortal.

Juggerduck

I'm not looking for immortality per se, any more than Obi Wan Kenobi or Yoda are considered immortal. If a focus like a mask or something similar is required that might actually be interesting, since it would give the character a distinct appearance...

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
I'm not looking for immortality per se, any more than Obi Wan Kenobi or Yoda are considered immortal. If a focus like a mask or something similar is required that might actually be interesting, since it would give the character a distinct appearance...

Well, the other option is to give them some kind of weakness to dialogue/reasoning aka Sion or have them be in a kind of time limit situation, since it takes a lot of willpower to remain as a Force Ghost and not dissolve/move on which is what Yoda and Obi-Wan eventually had to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom