Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forbidden Knowledge [Seo Linn]

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
The young Mandalorian appeared visibly surprised by her comment, his shoulder recoiling as he craned his neck towards her while they walked. He had been speaking Basic during this time, and yet [member="Seo Linn"] chose to include vocabulary from his mother tongue in her response, a not-so-subtle effort to let Jor know that she spoke his language.

"So you speak Mando'a," He said to her, this time in Mandalorian, still wearing the surprise on his face. If she really spoke it, she would be able to keep up with his words.

This Jedi was odd in many ways - and full of surprises. Suddenly Jor was less concerned with where they were going, and more concerned with the intricacies of the little blonde woman at his side.

"Now that begs the question as to how you learned it - and more importantly, why?" He said again, this time reverting back to Basic.

With her inclusion of a word in her question, Seo had the attention of Jor probably in a far greater manner than what was there before. He didn't actually answer the question and instead due to his surprise, asked how she had learned Mandoa and why.

"I speak and understand Mandoa, but do not read or write it."

This was spoken in that language and with a perfect inflection and accent. Turning back to look at him as they walked, she would answer the rest in basic. Not because she was unable to do it in Mando, but because she didn't want to. The point she had wanted to make had been accomplished.

"When I was in my teens, a government came here called the Dominion. They gave me my freedom and released me from slavery. Just before they started to fail, they had interactions on Mandalore. We people from Lorrd have been used in the past as spies and assassins because we can pick up on languages and inflections. We are mimickers and can blend into a population with very little trouble."

That answered part of hi​s question, but not the other.

"You want to know why. I wanted to."

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

Jor said nothing as [member="Seo Linn"] explained herself, merely studying her form as she answered. Normally, an admitted spy would probably have a reason to learn a language, not merely for joy. The fact that the Lorrdians were so good at this, as well as the fact that Seo herself could easily pass for one of his kin, was in fact rather unsettling.

"Did you really learn Mando'a for fun, or was there a motive - perhaps your experience as a spy and assassin?" Jor asked her.

In truth, he would care little if she had been used as a spy against the Mandalorians long ago; she was helping him now, and that was what mattered to him. In fact, he would appreciate an honest answer over any attempt to cover up her past. She was already a Jedi, and House Kvall had spent many eons fighting those of her cult - yet here the two of them stood.

She saw and felt him begin a study of her. Whether it was her appearance, body language or something else entirely Seo didn't know. Jor then asked if she really had learned Mandoa just for fun or if there had been another motive and she had to give it a little bit of a thought.

What she had was true, when she learned it...it had been because she wanted to. In the back of her mind though she now wondered if she had done it for other reasons. Shaking her head just slightly Seo looked back at him and answered.

"Yes it was just because I wanted to, but also my whole life was in front of me. So perhaps a part of me did it for the reason of wanting to be a spy or assassin, but I wasn't and I am not one now."

A simple teen age dream of being something other than what she had been at the time. It was as much of an honest answer that she could give.

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

"Little dreamer," Jor said after a pregnant pause between her words and his own. The phrase might have been odd, but it was one oft quoted by his people.

Jor turned his face to her with a faint grin as they walked.

"Always looking to the future, imagining yourself as anything but what you are," He continued. "I was a little dreamer, too. This wasn't supposed to be my path."

Night was falling now; stars came out. The firmament of Lorrd was visible still, through the pollution of light. The restless Mandalorian hoped they would soon be arriving at the cantina; [member="Seo Linn"] had promised him food and he did not like the prospect of waiting too long.

"I disobeyed my father and joined the Death Watch. I thought Ra Vizsla would lead us to salvation - and I thought my father was pathetic and weak for his inaction. Now experience has taught me otherwise, somewhat."

When he called her a little dreamer, she really couldn't but agree with it. He gave her a bit of a grin and then said he was one as well. That he wasn't meant to be a Mandalorian. Being a curious person, Seo made a note to ask him what he was supposed to be instead. That would have to be during dinner though.

Stopping in front of one building, she pulled open the door and motioned him in. Walking in after him, the door shut and a friend that owned the establishment came over to them. Giving Seo a handshake, she would motion for the two of them to follow her.

"Heard you had returned Seo. I know what to get you. Your friend want the same thing?"

​Returning the shake with one of her own, Seo nodded in answer and fell into step behind her friend. They were lead to the other side of the room and through a door there. She knew where her friend was taking them and appreciated the gesture.

Her friend turned a light on and revealed a private room that was wood paneled and rather warm looking and welcoming.

"I'll be back with food and drink."

And with that the two of​ them were alone in the room. Taking a seat at the table there, Seo motioned for Jor to join her. If he wanted her to look at the book and share what she could with him, it would be better for him to sit next to her. Her movement indicated that much and she waited for him to sit.

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

Apparently [member="Seo Linn"] was a regular fixture in this establishment, as the owner himself approached her and then shuffled them off to a private room, without inquiring about her companion. Jor preferred it that way. He didn't feel like coming up with an explanation for his presence on Lorrd to a stranger. With a curt nod, Jor let his newfound friend decide upon the night's fare, as she was a native to these parts. He would sample whatever she would recommend.

The young Mandalorian took a seat directly next to Seo and thought nothing of it. Now would be a good time to return to his original purpose.

"I don't suppose you can translate much of this," Jor reached for the old Sith book and placed it on the table between them. "I know nothing about the craft of the Sith. All I want to know is... is it possible? To return a dead soul to life?"

It wasn't so much Seo was a regular here, but she had known her friend for many years now. They had grown up together and if Jor looked, a similar tattoo would be seen on the left arm of the woman. Her coloring and complexion were darker than Seo's, but there weren't many on Lorrd that shared her look. Even her own family.

Her friend wouldn't ask about Jor at all or say anything about his presence with her.

She returned after just a few moments with drinks for the two of them. It was the same drink. A sweet smelling and red looking beer. Even if he was Mandalorian, the owner set his glass down for him and stood up.

"You can drink that like juice and after two, you'll be drunk."

And she was gone again almost as quickly as she had come.

He had set the book down between them and Seo reached for it to start looking through it. When he asked his question, she shut the book thinking it odd he would come all the way to Lorrd to have it answered.

"Yes, necromancy is the most common. Very rarely can that be accomplished without that resurrected person being a pawn of whoever brought them back."

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

Jor knew he wasn't going to find the answers he was truly seeking here tonight. He would need firsthand evidence; something much more tangible. But this was, at least, a start. At least he knew that his hypothesis was possible. Ra had to have come back somehow.

He had claimed it was the will of the Gods that returned him to life.

The same Gods that allowed him to disappear, plunging the Mandalorians into chaos?

Not likely.

Jor decided not to waste any more time on these thoughts. There was a woman next to him, alcohol in front of him, and nothing in his belly. These were all more pressing concerns.

"Your friend really talked up this drink," He said to [member="Seo Linn"].

He took the drink in his gauntlet-clad hand and lifted it to his nose, first inspecting the liquid and allowing it to swirl momentarily beneath his nostrils. Then, he brought it to his lips and tilted his head back, until nothing in the glass remained. The empty glass retraced its way back to the table haphazardly.

"Well? Are you going to drink yours?"

"And not without good reason."

​As a native of this world, Seo knew just how potent this drink was and what her limit was normally. However...he challenged her. Very likely on purpose. The sudden change of topic caught her by surprise, but his question had been answered.

Looking at Jor as he quickly downed his drink, she shook her head. When he asked if she was going to drink hers as well, she picked up the glass and took a drink. Not downing it like he did, she savored the taste of it.

Sweet like fruit juice with a little bit of a sour bite.

"I will, but at a slower pace."

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

"Heh. Jedi."

That was Jor's grunt of a response as he watched [member="Seo Linn"] sip her drink delicately. If he had his normal sense, he would have done the same, for alcohol was an easy way to mark a man as a fool. But Jor cared little for such appearances right now; after the day's frustrations, he wouldn't mind drinking himself into a stupor.

The first drink was already beginning to catch up with him when he wondered after a second. It was a sweet thing, much fruitier than the drink he was normally used to, but it would do just fine. All thoughts of continuing to look over the book were gone from him now. It was a pointless endeavor at this point; he needed first-hand evidence, and that would not come from this book.

"I'll have a second," He announced, and ran his hand through his wily blonde hair. "You purposely ordered the heaviest drink your planet has to offer, didn't you?"

This time when he called her Jedi his voice did not carry quite the same tone it had during any of their intercourse so far. Maybe the one drink had already gotten into his blood. There was actually a change in his attitude as well and it was as if he was relaxing under the care of the drink.

When his second drink arrived, their food came with it. Along with the meat was rice, bread and some fruit. Water was also brought and set down with glasses.

Jor asked if she had ordered the strongest drink, Seo's eyes glittered as she took a sip of her own.

"I certainly did. It's the best one on the planet too. Do you like it?"

Tipping her glass slight​ly in his direction, she set hers down and started getting food in order.

"I would say place the meat on the bread and eat it that way. Makes it easier to eat."

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

Jor reared his head back and let out a healthy laugh at Seo's revelation, just in time for a second drink to arrive. The Mandalorian wasted no time taking it and having another generous sip, managing to stop the liquid before it ran into his beard.

"I knew it. You're trying to get me drunk, aren't you?" He said in jest.

If it were actually true, [member="Seo Linn"] had done a good job of it, as Jor could feel his vision blurring slightly and his inhibitions fading as the drink warmed his body from the inside out. He watched Seo prepare the meat and suddenly found himself voraciously hungry. Wasting not a second after the meat was put on the bread, Jor ate a piece in one mere bite. Then, he quickly returned to his special drink. Another swig followed, and Jor found himself feeling much better than before. The medicinal properties of large quantities of alcohol were truly magical in that way.

"I like Lorrd again. What else does your planet have to offer?" He locked eyes with her, his icy blues plain and stoic, his hand finding her leg underneath the table, removed of all care.

"Me try to get a Mandalorian drunk? Should it be the other way around?"

She did take her drink at a slower pace, but Seo did still drink it. Finishing it just as the food arrived, she put her empty glass to the side and poured herself some water. Offering it to Jor as well, if he wanted some she would pour him a glass as well.

He watched as she got her dinner together and followed her example. She was onto her second piece as well when he said he liked Lorrd. What he did next she should have expected, but had not. He didn't give her any tells and even as he touched her leg, his eyes were still stoic.

"There are a great many things. What interests you?"

It might be noted ​she did not remove his hand from her leg. She might be Jedi, but Seo was rather unconventional. Not at all objective to drinks, dinner and other activities. In fact, she rather liked him and from his advance, it was clear she had some attraction.

Setting the second piece of bread down, she turned to face him. Sitting now so he would know he had her attention.

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

The alcohol did most of Jor's thinking; that was how his hand ended up on Seo's leg in the first place. But Jor kept it there out of his own volition. And as it were, so did [member="Seo Linn"]. Instead of reacting tersely, as Jor momentarily feared she would, the young Jedi woman simply turned to face him without so much as a flinch. She was an unconventional Jedi indeed. Either that or this new breed of Jedi had changed their doctrines.

He had her attention now, so he didn't let the moment go without acting.

"The sights, the food," He responded with a casual gesture. Then he moved closer, locking his eyes with her. "But mostly the local populace."

Jor made sure to keep his hand firmly placed on her thigh, only taking it off briefly to remove his gauntlet. Once the glove was gone, nothing but his bare hand remained, and it went right back to its former resting place on her leg, to double down on his intentions.

It wasn't the alcohol that kept Seo from removing his hand, she was clear headed as ever knowing what that drink could do. Jor was new to Lorrd and while he had been warned, hadn't trusted or assumed he knew better.

As for the unspoken thoughts on Jedi, she had not grown up Jedi and her teenage years had been lived with what could be thought of as a melting pot. Ideas, people from all walks of life and nationalities under one flag. It hadn't lasted long, but it was long enough for her to realize she belonged under the flag of the Jedi. Their code could interpreted various ways and she had her own beliefs on it.

Not something to be talked about right now...even if he asked.

Again, when he replaced his hand on her leg, she did not push him away. Glancing down just briefly and them back into his eyes, the tip of her stuck out just slightly as she smiled. As he also moved closer, it tempted her to do the same. Deciding to go with the flow, she did just that. Lifting a hand up to the side of his head, if he allowed it, she would run her fingers through his hair.

"And do you like what you have seen so far, Jor Kvall of the Mandalorian Empire?"

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

If it hadn't been apparent before that his advances were not unwelcome, [member="Seo Linn"] made it clear now. Her hand ventured up to his hair, fingers running through his blonde strands, sending a small tingle down the back of his neck. His eyes remained fixed on her, the enigmatic Kvall stare not diminishing. She had been right about the potency of that drink. It had managed to make him look past the fact that she was a Jedi; instead, all Jor saw before him was simply a girl who was looking for a good time.

Surprisingly, he was too. The last time he had felt the touch of a woman had begun to fade in his memory. Jor felt a baser instinct taking over, perhaps aided by the drink, as he moved his free hand up to the back of Seo's neck, moving to within inches of her.

"The best thing I've seen yet on this planet," he said, and his hand across her leg began to squeeze a little.

She was an expert in reading body language and facial expressions. His eyes gave nothing away, however, she knew her running her fingers through his hair had an effect. No longer was she the Jedi he had met, but a woman that knew all about passion.

Growing up on this world as a slave and being owned by another human being. She had been prey to the primal instincts of man. Maybe a girl then, but it was a lesson she remembered. Seo was not that little girl now, but an adult that knew what this was within both of them. Not one to deny what she felt, she did not stop this from progressing.

He returned her playing with his hair by pulling her closer with his free hand. Near enough to feel each other's breath, she let out a small and almost silent sigh. Smiling at his answer, his grip on her leg tightened just slightly and the one running through his hair laid flat now against his head. With that little bit of added pressure, she hoped to have their lips meet in a kiss. If that worked, then she would tell him without words just how much he was wanted in the now.

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Jor Kvall

It only took another moment for Jor to snake his other arm around her waist, pulling her bosom against the breastplate of his bone armor. Lorrd had been kind to him during his stay. This wasn't how he envisioned spending his evening when he had approached the library earlier in the day, but Jor would take this turn of events in stride. The liquor certainly coaxed him along and removed the inhibitions that otherwise would have been there, but he was a man with needs. The cold throne on Krownest was a solitary one, at this moment, and there was nothing better to liven up the day's frustrations than [member="Seo Linn"].

Jor found himself drawn into the kiss by Seo's hand on the back of his head, but he aided the motion himself and pressed his lips hard against hers. Meanwhile, his arm wrapped tighter around her waist. As of now, Jor considered himself free of his duties and missions for the rest of the evening. All work and no merriment or mirth was not the way one should govern one's life.

His grasp was not too tight, but it was made clear to her he returned that desire. The kiss had been her idea and he followed through with the motion. It was almost bruising, but that aspect went unnoticed.

When the kiss did break, her let out a sigh and small chuckle. Her tone changed just slightly to give further indication of her mood.

"And here I though you came here only for answers. I don't think we should stay here much longer. Don't want to over stay my friend's hospitality."

Not pulling away from h​im at all, Seo moved just slightly to give herself a bit more comfort and met his eyes as she spoke.

"Would you care to retire to a more private location?"

[member="Jor Kvall"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom