Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the sake of argument: Non-force vs force users.

Leon Politiker

Ambassador of Corporate Security Alliance
Obviously a soldier like myself only possesses a blaster, a grenade or two, and his fists. But in the situation I'm facing some Jedi or sith, how am I supposed to counter this? I know you'd be "Well, _____ in the series could take out Jedi without the force,' but that's it; the other fighter may not realize that. Any ideas for battle? Any suggestions?

Rhace Tarrin

R
First: a lightsaber can only move so fast. Pure rate of fire will overcome a Force-user. Having a full squad helps, for as we see in the movies, a Jedi Master can't handle all of that. And just be creative; cook off a cryo grenade and throw it, freeze them and then beat them down that way, for instance.

Overwhelm their senses - even a Force User cannot concentrate their abilities if you break their focus or distract them. A sonic grenade would probably be the quickest way to do that, because the pain and distraction it causes makes the Jedi/Sith lose their focus and thus their ability to direct the Force, at least for a moment, which is all you ought to need.

Cira

C
Scatter gun to fire multiple objects; It's harder to control to wave off.

Grenades that automatically burst when they have a sudden change of acceleration ( like a force push)

Grenades with deathstick gas medium that can weaken their connection to the Force.

Sonic grenades, concussion grenades, and the like to overstimulate their senses.

Also, Force powers also have some tells. If you see the movies, they have some sort of somatic connection to it, -- hand motion of some sort. Same thing goes for the sustained force powers that require a massive amount of concentration.

To combat lightsabers. Bracers lined with a cortosis alloy make them lightsaber resistant. Same with Phrik and Beskar ( although this one is VERY RARE and you need a mandalorian weaponsmith to forge it for you)

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
Cira said:
Scatter gun to fire multiple objects; It's harder to control to wave off.

Grenades that automatically burst when they have a sudden change of acceleration ( like a force push)
Grenades with deathstick gas medium that can weaken their connection to the Force.

Sonic grenades, concussion grenades, and the like to overstimulate their senses.

Also, Force powers also have some tells. If you see the movies, they have some sort of somatic connection to it, -- hand motion of some sort. Same thing goes for the sustained force powers that require a massive amount of concentration.

To combat lightsabers. Bracers lined with a cortosis alloy make them lightsaber resistant. Same with Phrik and Beskar ( although this one is VERY RARE and you need a mandalorian weaponsmith to forge it for you)
Most of these are how I was trained, minus the fancy cortosis. They don't give scouts those. The acceleration sensitive ones were our favorites after Ayreon Faraway introduced them, and I use the same tech in some of my missiles.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Go into the fight expecting to face a Champion Demi-God. Anything less and you're not likely to walk out again. :D

Ryan O'Connor

R
While on the topic of "What to combat a force user with?", what gun should I be wielding in any event, let alone a duel against a Force user ?

Well, 'any' event would probably have you with a decent Blaster Rifle, or perhaps a Repeater. Against a Force User, a Flechette Rifle is the way to go: a lightsaber can't deflect a sharp fragment of metal fired en mass at considerable velocity...

Ryan O'Connor

R
I mostly meant both types of opponents when I said 'any' event, but at any rate, I have a few tech questions going through my head that I'll ask soon

First of all Force Breaker Grenades, especially if they don't use full body containment suits like the Jedi.

Second, a needler for sheer rate of fire. Mass driver cannon or sonic rifle works great as well, provided you hit from ambush.

Lord Ghoul

L
You'll want a concussion rifle. It's like an RPG, but without a projectile they can block/throw back

John Harrison

J
Karin Dorn said:
Catch them in a monologue about (cross out as applicable) the dark side/the light side/themselves.
That's a good plan. That's a really good plan. I need to do this.

Rebekka Brek Madak

Paradoxical Bucket Full of Crazy!
i would be inclined to say that most jedi don't go for martial arts, and also tend to be squeamish about overtly killing someone/not doing a fair fight, so if you're bold enough, you may be able to get away with going toe to toe with them (literally), balling up your fist, and smashing their faces in at whim..... Sith on the other hand, maybe not so much.

aside from that, area of effect weapons and Moar Dakka (from more than one direction) is always a winner.

jango-fett-star-wars-mace-windu-jango-fett-jedi-kill-gun-swo-demotivational-poster-1246754344.jpg

Also, dependable jetpacks AND suitable neck armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom