Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the Glory of Mandalore: Taris

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn heard about Mia and Verz comming up and used his com to contact Mandalor the Rebuilder. Jorn was answerd with "Who would this person comunicating the Mandalor?" Jorn waited a few seconds then said "This is Jorn Mair Of the Ground Strike Force. I need to make contact with Mandalor the Rebuilder to give him the news. I'd prefer it be on a secure line."

There was silence for a few seconds when the operator finally came back to say "he is currently busy. How inportant is this mesage?" Jorn wasnt going to wait for him to be questioned "Get him on the com its about the rakgoul nest. If you dont do this I will contact him though the emergency line. Now I dont think you want to tell him why I had to do that, do you?" He was answered with "Your on line."

Mirta waited patiently She wondered what on earth could of thrown off their scouts this much or did their earlier bombardment really kill them all. It was strange, so she kept on the look out, as she didn't want to be found unaware. " This is so strange.... nothing on sensors, and just those your reported." She shook her head, as she didn't get why this was going on, it seemed like a waste, yet again this would be a nice planet to have. Perhaps she would move here.

Verz started walking out of the caves, still careful to look for any rakghouls fit enough to attack him. Of course, none were found. Was it the bombardment? Or was The Rebuilder wrong? Thoughts like these swirled through his head as he walked into the dim light of the Taris night. He was so distracted he nearly bumped into Mirta.

"Sorry" he said in his gruff voice "I have too much on my mind right now. I need to clear my head."

Mia followed Verz out of the caves her helmet crackling for a moment as she instructed her comm unit to link with the line that Jorn had opened. "Rebuilder we have found less than ten Rakghouls down here and no signs of any deaths from the bombardment. These animal are weak they are not fit for a fight you have sent us to a slaughter house, not a battle field."

She paused trying to choose her words with care "A Manda'lor that murders thousand of people for the sake of a poorly scouted plague, is not a true Manda'lor. He does not deserve to be even called Mando'ad. You are not a rebuilder, you have destroyed what could have been. I will not follow you."

Mirta had tried to stay out of all this political business but it seemed to keep coming up. She didn't hold it against vers when he bumped her. " its ok" She looked around, " So I suppose the planet is ours now... Seems nice. " She said as she tried to change the subject, she didn't want to enter the battle about who would send them here and such, she knew that a suitable leader would show up if there was any truth to the failure of the current one. She just hoped that it happened mostly peacefully.

"It looks peaceful enough, but looks can be deceiving. The other squads are lucky. They at least get to fight whatever pirates live here."
He looked upward, at the fleets of ships where the Mandalore was. He then holstered his Verpine and pulled out a small talisman like object hooked to the inside of his armor. He looked at for a moment, muttered something under his breath, then put it back.

Kyr grunted. He hated it all. But what scared him the most, he hated Mandalore. How could he send them to where there was no honor to be brought? What irked him more was that their were other squads who were fighting with honor, while they were stuck in this empty hole that was supposed to be full of vorocious beast thrawthing at the mouth.

"Lets leave then, go kill pirates." He suggested to the team. "Mandalore might have... made a mistake." The Tusken sagged his head. He never thought in all his life he would lose his faith in Mandalore, as if he did not fit here under his rule, then where did he possibly fit? He knew that Mandalore was just an ordinary human, and people make mistakes. But he was his Mandalore, he'd do nearly anything for the man simply because he said it should be so; and here he was leading him astray from the very things he promised. Was it truely though Mandalore's fault? Like always, he shoved his feelings and thoughts somewhere else for when he was not fighting.

"Aye, lets have that probe scan the area, perhaps there is something else near by... but I don't see anything on my sensors. " She scanned the area again and looked around, waiting for a command presence. She needed orders.. Mirta just hoped they were good ones, as the mandalor seemed no capable at the moment.

[[WELP SINCE BENDAK AINT SHOWIN' UP.]]

Standing slowly from the now lifeless body of the Rebuilder, Emberli looked around at the assembled crew who'd formed their ring. Shoulders heaving as he fought to catch his breath he wondered how well recieved this would be by the overall population. He'd need their support for this position, as it was founded on public opinion.

That being said, enough people had seen him best the previous bearer of the title that hopefully this wouldn't be difficult.

Leaning down to pry the fake mask off of the Rebuilder, he snaps it within his crushgaunts. "Alright, back to the stations. Send more men down - aid surviving civilians if there are any." The crew hurried back to their stations, relaying his orders to the rest of the fleet. Looking down to the body at his feet, he quirked his lips. They couldn't just send his body into the sun. Burial was generally reserved for people of high rank and importance - the Rebuilder fell under that.

Verz looked around looking for something, anything that could be a hostile. Sadly, there was nothing. His first mission in the military, and nothing happened. He looked again in vain. Just wasteland.

"Pirates would have left the planet and jumped into hyperspace the minute our fleet entered the system. Their not stupid enough to take us all on." She sighed and shook her head "But seeing as we're here and no one is picking up, up there we might as well scout this place properly." she waved a hand at the prowler droid it rose high above there heads.

[There is a settlement to the south. Would you like me to scout it?]

"Yes." Mia replied, watching the droid whizz away ahead of them vanishing out of sight and into the trees, before looking to the team. "Alright, lets head south and see what survived the bombarment."

Mirta smiled and began walking south, with her squad, This was an interesting day for sure. She held her weapon out, still being careful dispite the droid not having found anything. " So hopefully we can help any surviving civilians, if they will take it" She wondered what had become of the Mandolorians to have such a confused presence on this planet, was their mandolor really that incompetent.

Verz walked with the squad, once again taking point. He held his favorite weapon, his Verpine shatter rifle, out and ready to shoot anything that didn't wear Mandolorian armor. His thoughts once again started to drift, and he struggled to focus on the terrain ahead. He was so confused this planet and the invasion. What had gone wrong?

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn had taken account on what happened and saw that none of them were getting feed back from Mandalor the Rebuilder. the began to move south towards the sedelment that the droid was scouting for them. He rased his rifle and moved along with the group. He was at the back again and kept checking the tunnel opening to see if and rakgoul would burst out. None came. he kept looking on their 6 for anybody that may be of harm.

Verz decided he had had enough of the silence and dust. He opened the squad's assigned frequency and asked everyone

"Do you think we should contact command? They'll want to know of the empty nest, and where we are."

" Didn't we already try that? I mean I thought Mia had at least tried, " She said, tired of the day... but the least they could do is check the approaching settlement and even from a distance it looked bad, it was devastating.. the town was in pieces she doubted if there was even a half intact building left. It was horrible the devistation they had wrought on the planet. That didn't even really fight back. For glory was in the fight... not the slaughter.

Mia rolled her eyes at Verz convinced he had put his fingers in his ears when she spoke last. "Mir'osik" she sighed, "Where do you think we're going? For a walk? Wake up and pay attention. Prowler is down there looking for life signs already."

An droid scream quickly followed by and explosion made Mia stop in her tracks. "Osik! Now I have to find another buy another one. Ok, fan out keep your heads down. Lets see what the droid found. Don't kill anything, if you have to attack at all, make sure its only to disarm."

Kyr laughed for like the first time... ever really. It was strange. "What do you mean by disarm Mirta?" He did as he was told and fanned out to here 3:00 while the others went their seperate directions. He was beginning to feel the adrenaline again, just itchy to sink his Gaderffii into the flesh of an unsuspecting Pirate, or rakghould or something. For his faith in Mandalore he severly hoped it was MUCH more rakghouls, but of course these hopes seem small and limited to near nothing.

"I will play nice." He said to them.

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn had listend to the conversation that was taking place. he would just fan out like he was told. Jorn just shook his head. the reports said that there was Rakgoul around here, but they have found only 2. and the now have smoking holes in their heads. Jorn kept his rifle on their 6:00 so if some one were to sneek up on them he would see them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom