Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the Glory of Mandalore: Taris

Mirta smiled though through her helmet you would never know. She replied back only to Jorn. " Thank you " She managed to pipe out as she took a deep breath and moved ahead of Jorn, The sooner she got to the less cramped parts of the cave the sooner she didn't have to fight herself so much as she kept on the lookout for foes as she swore she saw shadows move but when she followed them she saw nothing there, She hated caves she decided. Of course that didn't do much for someone already in a cave searching for enemies... Why couldn't they of just collapsed the entrance and called it good. She followed the others, hoping that she didn't get crushed by a giant rock or something.

A strange metal droid decended upon them into the caves of which the Tusken was entering with his Mandalorian Kin. It produced a quite bright light ahead of them. He considered its presence both a blessing and a curse. A curse that the light will attract the enemy, which might be a good thing; and it was a blessing as now the Tuskne no longer needed someone else to set his helmet into nightvision. He really needed to get a technician to take a look at it and fix it so that it does these things automatically, but he had not truly found anyone who he could trust with the task. The only reason why his helmet didn't do that now was simply because he lacked the technical knowledge to have it done himself. He went to Mia's right as instructed and followed his assumed leader. He kept his sights trained on anything that moved in the dark. He was weary to the capabilities of the probe called bandit, but he did trust to an extent his kin. That is one of the only reasons why he allowed it to operate.

Verz continued forward, following "Bandit"' Strange name for a droid. He would have to ask Mia why she named it that. After about ten minutes, the tunnel started widening into a large chamber, about 5 meters tall by 10 meters wide. And there, standing, just watching them, were two rakgouls.

Bendak Garett

Time Traveling Mando
Emberli

The boarding shuttle landed softly, lowered its ramp and unloaded its one occupant; Bendak. The bulky time traveler was immediately greeted by two armed guards who ordered together in unison, "Come with us." They then walked off, with Bendak between them, towards the bridge.

He needed to talk to Emberli. He needed to figure out what the hell had happened no less than ten minutes ago.

Stepping onto the bridge, flanked by the two guards of the Mand'alor, Emberli stood out almost immediately with his curiously distinct armor. Around him the crew stations were bustling with activity as they sought to coordinate the fleet and ground attacks while the Sole Ruler himself stood near the viewports, looking to the planet he sought to make his own.

Slowly shaking his head, Em leaves the paired guards behind and walks over to the man calling himself the 'Rebuilder'. "Mand'alor.", he says flatly.

The figure turns, revealing that the Mask of Mandalore rests upon his face. Emberli narrows his eyes slowly, although he keeps his hood up for the moment. "You must be the one called 'Bear'. It was you who sought to stop this offensive, no?"

"The bombardment, yes. There's nowhere near enough rakghouls down there to warrant it. You've just pulled a Cathar all over again."

Scoffing, the Rebuilder shakes his head. "Well, I can say you're wasting your time - it's too late now." Naturally, in return, Emberli simply shook his head. "Not too late for what I have planned." Lowering his hood, Emberli reveals the two engraved Mandalorian symbols atop the mask that made up the front of his helmet.

Already, the Rebuilder's body was tense. "You... you have a fake!", he nearly roars.

"No, Rebuilder. It is you who is the fake. I challenge you for your title - in this matter, let none interfere."

The bridge went quiet as the two started to square off and stations were left as a duel circle was made out of the crewmembers. No sooner had the circle been completed, than the pair began to fight.

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn had taken the place of Mirta. He was glad for the because he doent like to be stuck between people. He would watch their back and every time they went deeper and deeper the place got Darker and Darker. the reached a open room like area and there were 2 rakgoul standing there like the Mandos were normal guests? it was strange. Saying soflty so only the group could hear "Um correct me if im wrong ,but do they normaly act this way?"

As the clash of Titans began far above unknown to the knowledge of Kyr, the Mandalorian squad tasked with hunting down the survivors of a massive bombardment for a supposed "horde of demonic Rakghouls collected within a single nesting ground", to find.... simply two Rakghouls. They cowered for a moment to the light, as they were sleeping within the lonely cave, and the light had awoken them rudely. The Tusken was depressed. Was this all they had come for? Two beasts hardly worth the effort they were exerting? This was what Mandalore "The Rebuilder" had planned? This was it? In frustration the Tusken simply shot the two, creating two searing holes in the place were heads had once been staring into the blinding light of the droid probe Bandit.

"This is it?" The Tusken very heavily grunted.

"Strange. I would have expected more creatures guarding this place."
Verz approached the two rakghouls that Kyr had slain. He bent down to inspect the corpses, surprised to find they were much weaker looking than they should of been. Instead of powerful cave diggers, they were withered husks. Something wasn't right. Was it the Rebuilder? Was this so called "Bear" right after all?

" IT is strange indeed, does the tunnel go farther? Should we keep going... surely we can had some sort of drone map the cave or something. " She thought wondering if they had any such a tool. Mirta wanted a battle and this was turning out to be a fruitless hunt. She wondered where this supposed horde was. Mirta kept her eyes out though, she didn't want to be lulled into a false sense of security.

Mia said nothing as she stared at the weak Rakghouls as the squad began to pipe up about their doubts, she chewed her lips, battling her own doubts. This would have top be handled carefully. Ignoring all the questions she moved to the prowler droid "Search the rest of the cave." she told it. Acknowledging her command it zoomed off leaving them in darkness, though a blink of her eyes and her night vision activated.
She took a deep breath before speaking "I don't know if Bear was right, I don't know if the Rebuilder was wrong. I'll tell you things I do know, Bear just appeared out of no where and all of a sudden we seem to be believing in him rather than the Rebuilder who has proven himself time and time again. I don't disagree with you but we should be careful how we deal with this, when the prowler droid comes back, it can tell us how many more are in the caves if any. We can't make any decision on what is right and wrong until the evidence is before us and we're not going further till we know what's what. We can either sit tight in this dung hole or we can wait outside in the fresh air and see what's going on upstairs. "

She hoped that would be enough to quiet their doubts for the moment. She had a bad feeling that the prowler droid would return with very poor results for a blood thirsty squad and she had to think about how she was going to bring this to the Manda'lor when they got back.

[ooc: sorry for the delay, alos just a note the prowler droid doesn't have a name, Bandit is the name of the R9 droid on her ship :) ]

Mirta didn't care which person was right, she stil had faith in her mandolor, she just didn't understand where their forces were. That is what confused her. Where was the enemies, perhaps their bombardment had been more effective than they thought, it was fine, it jut meant they didn't have as fun as a battle
" I vote we go outside" And with that mirta made her way out in half the time it took to get in. She hated caves, and this was one she definitely wanted out of. Mirta could care less of the doubts of her fellows, she was more concerned about the fact they couldn't find their foes, that could mean 2 things, either they were mostly dead or it was a trap. She just hoped it was the first one.

Verz watched Mirta borderline run out of the cave system. He could guess she was claustrophobic, if she was so eager to leave. He turned to face Mia again.
"Should I go after her? Make sure she doesn't get lost or do anything stupid?"

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn then said to Verz before Mia could respond "Ill go watch her. You're better at me in the Field so I think you should stay here." He didnt like caves ether so he thougt it would be best for him to leave also. Jorn was telling the truth. Verz probably was better at him in the Field. and Jron didnt feel like dieing in a cave if it was his destny to die today.

"Go." she said impatiently waving her hand at Jorn to follow Mirta, a edge of annoyance creeping into her voice. "Keep in contact and don't engage anything unless it attacks you first." She waited for Jorn to go before letting out a long sigh and moving to inspect the dead Rakghoul's.

"How did it come to us slaughtering animals for victory." she muttered.

Mirta spoke over the comm " Sorry" She looked around, Nothing in sight... it was strange, to be in front of an infested cave with nothing actually seeming to guard it. If she didn't know any better it was a trap. " So jorn.... What do you make of this all? " She kept scanning the area, she was also preparing for the fact that if the droid found anything she was going to have to go back in. Oh how she hated caves...

Jorn Mair

J
Jorn said to Mia "Will do." Jorn began to walk back to the surface. He heard over the com "Sorry...So Jorn what do you make of this all?" He responded when he was abot to reach the end of the tunnel "No your okay. Not so good with tunnels myself. I dont really know. From the breffing it sounded like there was hundreds of these things here. Roaming around here eating everything in sight. Im kind of doubting the current Mandalor. Whats your point?" Jorn didnt dislike the current Mandalor. He just didnt trust him or her. He didnt even know if Mandalor the Rebuilder was a male or female. It was going to be hard to explain why they didnt fight so many Rakgouls.

" I feel something is wrong, This could be a trap of sorts, or something, for all I know... luring us deep in their cave... " She didn't feel right she didn't know who was behind this it just all seemed wrong, and she could care less about what the manlore said... something was up, and she needed to find out what. She checked her HUD but didn't see anything. " Well it seems we are guarding the entrance at least until we hear they need us or not. " She felt a bit ashamed having ran out of the cave so fast, but what was done is done.

The prowler droid returned, no longer using its bright light buts its own night vision. Mia rose as it approached and its message displayed across the HUD displays of the squad remaining inside the cave.

[Six more Rakghouls located.]

"Are they moving?"

[Negative. Their condition suggests illness or malnutrition.]

To go after them would not be a fight, it would be slaughter and only cowards slaughtered the defenceless, whether it was a beast or not. Mandalorain's were not cowards. This squad came down for a fight not an easy hunting trip. "Mirta, Jorn We're coming out, see if you can make contact with the Manda'lor."

She looked at Verz and Kyr "Do either of you have any objections?"

Verz turned to face Mia. He was still deep in thought about their mission, but still answered.
"I cannot speak for Kyr, but I am fine with it. This was not battle. It was a slaughterhouse."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom