Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Project_5.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a semi-bureaucratic organization that serves as both the political and economical authority of Fondor.
  • Image Credit: Alban Roble
  • Canon: x
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Organization Name: Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights
  • Classification: Administrative Body
  • Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Organization Symbol: x
  • Description: The Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights serves as an administrative body of Fondor, and to a large extent is the local political authority of the planet as well as the only regulatory body for corporations native to Fondor that serves as an intermediary between those different companies. The Guild is run by the Guild's Member Council, a body made up of representatives from member corporations and headed by the Chairman of the Guild, an individual who does not have any ties to any company and is thus neutral in business matters. Corporations that wish to operate on Fondor must pay a fee to the Guild to do so, and corporations that wish to become a Guild Member and thus have voting power must pay an exorbitant amount of credits annually; however, this privilege is only extended to Fondor-native companies or companies that primarily operate out of the planet.
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: Fondor
  • Domain: The Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights is the primary political power within Fondor, and under the charter of the Confederacy operates primarily unabated on the planet and in the Fondor system as the planet's local government.
  • Notable Assets: The Lodge
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Hierarchy: The hierarchy system of the Fondor Guild of Shipwrights is simple; there is the Chairman of the Guild, a neutral member of the Guild that does not have any political, financial or personal ties to any of the member companies within the Guild. The next tier are the Members of the Guild, companies that pay a hefty annual sum to the Guild and are thus afforded a representative on the Guild council. The lowest operating tier is that of companies that are located on Fondor but are not members. These companies pay much lower fees than members of the guild, but they hold no representative status in the Guild.
  • Membership: To become a member within the Guild, the only real position that requires a sort of vetting process, the company must meet two very basic criteria; they must be native to Fondor or have established their headquarters and majority of their operations on the planet, and must allocate a large number of credits to the Guild annually.
  • Climate: The Guild of Starshipwrights isn't mean-spirited towards those below it, and in most instances, it merely conducts business with no bias. However, things can escalate into a political drama when Members try to vie for legislation or resolutions that would benefit their own company or hurt their competitor.
  • Reputation: Generally, the reputation of the Guild of Starshipwrights is neutral across the galaxy. No one expresses any profound love for the organization, but there isn't any popular movements or coalitions that are actively working to take the Guild down.
  • Curios: Members of the Guild are required to carry special passes, bearing a resemblance to that of a credit chip except for the fact that it is stamped with the Guild's insignia.
  • Rules: The Guild is pretty carefree when it comes to any rules or designations. Most of the morals of the Guild, if any at the time are mainly decided and influenced by the big companies on the Guild's member council at the time. In some probably wise foresight, however, the Guild established a minimal code of conduct for those companies that hold rank as a member, commonly referred to as the Guild Charter.
  • Goals: The Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights's primary objective is to retain as much control as they can over the administration of Fondor, as well as create an interesting semi-political scenario for the various corporate heads located on Fondor.
MEMBER CORPORATIONS

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The history of the Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights extends far back through the centuries, back to the ancient time when Fondor was first colonized and the first shipyards were constructed. Always ever the ancient ruling body of the industrial world, the Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights back then founded their current nationalist attitude towards offworld corporations that is still practiced by the organization's policy today. In the ancient days of the organization, the Guild was a minor member within the galaxy-spanning Techno Union but did not take much part in the Separatist movement. Later on, the organization would be temporarily dissolved by the Galactic Empire, but shortly reinstated.

During an unspecified time before the great Gulag Plague, the Guild of Starshipwrights underwent a significant reform process, introducing the currently-used member system and many of the current policies that are practiced today. In modern times, the Guild of Starshipwrights still acts as the local administrative authority on Fondor, as well as being an intermediary between different Fondor-based corporations.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Alban Roble Alban Roble

I'll be reviewing this for you. I just have two comments before we can move this along.

1. Image Credit
. As per the guidelines, each image used must be credited. As such, I need you to please source the image that you are using.

2. Notable Assets
. This is fine, but is there a location submission or link to help your readers understand what the "Hall of Starshipwrights" refers to? If not, you may consider making one if that's going to be a major location for your organization. But that's only a suggestion and this is fine as is.

Those are my thoughts. I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me once you have completed any edits.

Zak Dymo

Link added. As for the image credit, that image was made entirely by me via photoshop; as the only person snubbed by not giving credit would be me (and I'm totally fine with that), is it okay with you if I leave the image credit like that?

Zak Dymo

Z
Alban Roble Alban Roble

Thank you for the clarification there. Please simple put your name or tag yourself in the Image Credit field. This can't be N/A unless there is no image in the submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom