Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Fly me to Naboo....

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...
53950.gif

Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: @​
... and let me play under the stars.​
He wasn’t going to make the mistake he did over Coruscant. This time, Caltin “called ahead” to the planetary government for permission to enter airspace and visit the old family home. No, he was not unwelcome or ill-received on Coruscant or the Jedi Temple, just the opposite, nor is he one to think that he is so important that he is worthy of government recognition or anything like that.

“Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”

No, he was calling ahead out of a showing of respect to the Confederacy, and to the people of Naboo. Yes, he and his brother were born on Coruscant, yes, he used to live and operate out of the Coruscant Jedi Temple, yes, his mother was born on Natanus, but his father, sister, niece, and nephew were born on Naboo. He was half “Naboo”. So while that may afford some leeway to many (that and the fact that he was a Jedi Master and the Silver Concord had a friendly relationship with the Confederacy), Caltin believed in the saying his father lived by.

” When I’m a guest in another man’s house, I don’t reach into his refrigerator without asking permission.”

It was a “courtesy” thing, respect, Caltin used to demand it, he was young and stupid then, now it was just a matter of showing it. Truth is, if others would not reciprocate, then so be it, he could not control the actions, and would not, so why dwell on it? No reason whatsoever. Now that the big guy was piloting into Naboos airspace, he could see the familiar gleam of “J-types” flying in the airspace. Heh, the more things change, the more they stay the same, eh?

The Theed Starport was where Caltin was headed, the family compound was about an hour out by speeder, and he could just use his. The place may still have a landing pad, there may still be family there, but what was he going to do? Land and just knock on the door? “Ohai! I’m you’re relative from long ago!” Even he wasn’t that brash.

Slowly hovering in and down, the big guy activated “Music” from “his” diagnostic shut down to run a diagnostic of the ship itself. There were no issues that he could tell, but you never know. “Roller” wanted something to do, so the droid went about replacing the control wires between the cockpit and the hyperdrive. Caltin poked fun at the droid saying how it had a crush on the ship’s computer but was a little saddened at the lack of a sense of humor. This used to get seriously under R2-T3’s “skin” but was just one more representation that his past life was just that…

… in the past.

Putting his favorite black Ronto-leather jacket on over his new “robes”, the massive Jedi Master stepped off of the loading ramp. He was not expecting to see anyone, but he did. It was surprising really, and to be greeted and the big guy showed humility that one might not expect from him.

Greetings. Caltin Vanagor. My father and sister were born here. We used to have an estate not far from the Lianorm swamp.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
svjbudd.png

So Naboo was a place. Yup. Ala had been there and she was going there again. Nice! She remembered the day she had met a hardened Sith Knight on Naboo many hundreds of years ago. She remembered his defection from the Sith, his declaration of love towards Ala, and her saddened inability to reciprocate. She remembered his death. His ghost. His memory. Not nice.

Caltin had seemed preoccupied the entire trip, so aside from checking in and a bit of training with him, she had mostly kept to herself, and read, doodled and meditated her way through the trip. She was feeling a bit antsy by the time that the ship finally landed, and could feel her fingers twitching with the bundled up energy within.

She fell behind Catlin's lengthy stride driven pace mostly out of wanderlust that saw her spinning about on her heels and peering at everything as they walked off the boarding ramp. One such spin halted abruptly with the Force keeping her foot from touching the ground. They were being greeted! How lovely!

Ooooh. This is a family thing. No wonder he has been so somber during the trip. Best I just shut my face and go along for the ride.

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Ra looked the large man over as he disembarked. Looked like the sort of person that would be a good sparing partner.

The six two woman stood on the taller side of many species for her sex. Broad shoulders and defined muscles made for more than long-legs for the men to gawk at, however. She'd heard a few murmur about her breaking a mouthy compatriot over a barrel if they tried anything. Amusing imagery. Hopefully the smile cast in their way was more disarming than alarming.

Nothing she could do with how people perceived her except demonstrate who she was by her deeds. And today's deed was taking care of the inbound ship. Likely the last on the shift. It was a busy port with the Confederacy having relocated to Naboo, and with all the recent political boondoggles of late. Ra was glad not to be mixed up in that mess. More time to meditate, exercise, and meet people.

A faint trace of silver to Ra's milky gaze belied the focus of her attention. It shifted slightly to regard the woman behind the mountain of a man for a moment. Soon it returned to Catlin. "An estate," she echoed as her eyes met his. "What brings you back, Mister Vanagor? Naboo is a popular destination these days, but I'm afraid you've missed all the fireworks." And then some. "Business or pleasure?"

Ra's metal right arm cradled a data pad between her sharp claw-like fingers. Tapping was unnecessary with the contact-driven interface in her palm. All inputs were mental in nature. A 'trick' she'd learned after acquiring her replacement appendage. Seemed a waste not to make use of the technology if she was going to be saddled with it.

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Ala Quin Ala Quin

53950.gif

She doesn't know me, Good.
It was clear from this woman's actions that he was just another traveler. Maybe she was not even Force Sensitive? Of course, it seemed that everyone and their mother in this galaxy were not only Force Sensitive but some kind of "Master" at it, so it could be that it was so second nature that it was not even considered. Right now, Caltin didn't care if she thought that he was the Queen of the sugar plum fairies, he just wants to go on and get the 'Dilorian' out at going for a ride.
Really? You had to say it? You had to make it weird?
What? Not following.
"Queen of sugar plum fairies"? You could have just said I didn't care if she really thought I was a boulder!
Hindsight is 20/20. Anyway, Caltin realized by the look on her face how he was acting and that required a much-wanted change. So it really was a matter of putting a familiar hand on her opposite shoulder and a little "shake" to let her know he was okay. Oh, wait, you thought I was talking about the woman in front of him? The representative of Naboo? Oh no, no, I am referring to the little pint-sized ball of love and pixie dust, the safest eight hundred-year-old Jedi in the universe. I'm talking about Ala. He was trying to let Ala know he was okay, and in a silent way to apologize for his brooding attitude.
Dude... what's next? "Big Grumpy"?
You're getting there. Anyway, what may appear to be an eternity was little more than a couple of seconds.
Just here on a trip to reminisce. Our family lived out there a long time ago, and I wanted to show her around the old estate. Maybe not on it. After all, I do not know for sure if anyone may still own the place, or even if it is there. I simply wanted to show her around and relive some memories of the "Old" "New Republic."
Playing the part of a cat that was just let out of the bag tonight will be Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor.
You're lucky I didn't tell her this was your idea.
svjbudd.png

Wow. She is impressive.

It took a moment for Ala to realize she was staring at the taller woman who greeted them. She was so tall, and so strong looking, and so attractive...Ala felt an internal sigh, and then realized she was gawking. Eyes averted quickly to pretend she was not actually doing what she so clearly had just been guilty of doing.

I bet she would give Caltin a run for his money...hey maybe...

A quick shake of the head dimissed the next thought. She didn't have long to chide herself about being nosey regarding Cal's love life as he made mention of the purpose of the trip.

"THE ESTATE!" She near squeed, before again calming and correcting herself for not maintaining proper decorum. Her excitement was more than evident though in the continued slight bounce in her stance.

"It's got to still be there, right?" She asked the woman, and then persisted hopefully, "right?"

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Ra regarded the man until Ala's sudden elated cry. Evidently it held some sentimental meaning to the pair. "I think you can call it just 'The Republic.' Given how old galactic civilization is there have been too many Republics to worry about how many 'New' prefixes are needed." One corner of her lips turned upward after she responded.

"I'm sure the Estate will still be there," she added for Ala's benefit. "The people here enjoy their scenery and love of history."

Her eyes briefly dropped to the pad, mostly so others could follow the shift in thought. "Seems the paperwork is in order. No outstanding warrants or bounties. Those can play havoc on a social visit." Her chin lifted and her milky gaze fell upon the man once more. "Do you need a guide? Naboo doesn't change too often, but be have had a few recent developments. Seat of the Confederacy, top of the list." And the royal mess, but those hadn't changed much so much as been the source of a lot of confusion. "I can accompany you if you'd like."

Tag:
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Ala Quin Ala Quin

53950.gif

Fair enough.
He made his point, they had been around for a while and there was no point in pressing a matter that was irrelevant. What she said was spot in, there was little to any doubt that much had changed, but there was still the need to be cordial and let her do her job. There was little need for any real pomp and circumstance as far as the big guy was concerned, but there might be a need for someone around in case the current occupants were not happy to see him or believed he was who he was. Of course, he knew the way around. Caltin knew this, and many planets, like the back of his hand.
Where did that phrase come from? It sounds so dirty when you think about it.
Never thought about that. Anyway, looking at Ala, he pondered the woman's question.
No bounties? Wow, how long has it been since neither of us had one? Oh well. I wanted to take the Dilorian for a spin, but it might be prudent to bring a rep or two. You savvy?
Geez, just tell her how old you are already.
svjbudd.png

Ala's face lit up with the apparent confirmation that the Estate still existed. Caltin didn't seem convinced that his being an owner (or whatever) or of the previous family that owned the place (or something) that he would be permitted in. That seemed to make sense, but was at the same time completely bogus.

"I look forward to seeing it!"

Bounties?

There was the Vaago one. There was the other Vaago one. Oh, and there was the third Vaago one. Ala had checked. Vaago was dead by this time in history, and the bounties long since expired.

"I checked...and by my reckoning it is approximately 700 years since our bounties expired," she said with a grin, and then frowned with the realization that she had just admitted to having bounties in front of a border control officer, "they were...completely ridiculous...you know Hutt and their grudges...just awful."

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Ra's eyes shifted from one to the next as they spoke. Her face was composed even in the face of what was said. Not a fidget to be seen.

"Seven hundred years? You don't look a day over three hundred." Please don't say you were locked away in the Nether all that time, she thought. Not that time travel, suspended animation, or 'I just lost track of time' was any better in the grand scheme of things. Just... the fewer spiritual complications the better for their social visit.

"And that would be a long time to hold a grudge," the raven haired woman agreed with a nod. "Unless those bounties kept up with interest I doubt you'd find a hunter eager to follow up on them even if they weren't expired."

With a quick breath in and out, Ra slipped her pad away and regarded the mountain of a man. "Seven hundred years?" They... didn't want to correct their story, did they? 'Oh, sorry, that's only seven years galactic standard?' No? "I think I should come along. Last thing we need is for guests to run a speeder into a tree they didn't remember being there or flying off a road that doesn't bend the way it used to."

"My speeder or yours?"
Caltin had mentioned a 'Dilorian.' Ra wasn't terribly versed on the ultra rare vehicles out there. Though these days... she involuntarily flexed the metal fingers of her right hand.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Tag:
Ala Quin Ala Quin Ra Akimo Ra Akimo

Caltin just smiled at her surprise. Now he could correct her. Not that he wanted to, or really cared to. Nothing against Ms. Akimo at all, but did it matter how old they were?

No, that's just the bounties. We're closer to eight hundred seventy years, actually.

Vaago the Hutt was a real son of an Akk-dog. It wouldn't have been surprising if the bounties he placed on either of them had no time limits, what with how long Hutts can live and his son being even more vindictive. Oh well, nothing to worry about now.

Such is the life of Jedi. At least from our time.

With a nudge of Ala on the shoulder, he finally let the cat out of the bag, though at this point a Miralukan not capable in the Force could see this coming. "Roller" must have heard their conversation as the astromech was already lowering the cargo ramp and the speeder slowly began to roll down and off of the ship. Caltin thought for a moment that this might be the place to use her, but then again would any place be right? He did not think that there would be any real issue, so why not? Right? This trip was supposed to be a fun one, so why not have some fun in it? As the gull-wing doors opened, the Astromech rolled over and started up the systems before stopping in front of the three. A few beeps asked if there was anything else needed?

You don't want to come?

With a swivel of the head in a manner saying "no", the droid answered. Yes, it had the droid brain of his old astromech BB-5, or "BBs" as he called it, which had the hard drive of his older astromech R2-T3, but the droid did not have the personality. Oh well. Caltin just defeatedly patted the droid on the head as "Roller" went up the ramp. It preferred to stay with the ship and run systems checks. Reaching out through Force, the big guy raised the ramp, and he would be ready to go.

We can take mine.

ZhUyygm.png

The young Jedi Knight was not prepared for the shoulder bump from the rather large Master Jedi. She was sent, not back pedalling, but more 'side' pedalling to regain her footing. Sliding to a stop, she somehow both grinned and frowned at Caltin all at once. "Yup," she said in agreement while she unnecessarily dusted herself off. Perhaps it was more straightening out her clothes that were not deshevelled. Either way, it was more reflex than necessity.

"Ah come on Rollie!" Ala said when the droid defiantly set itself on not coming along to the estate, "the first spin in Caltin's new ride...seeing his childhood bedroom...ha! Sounds great!"

Roller beeped something about him already going for a ride when he brought the speeder on and off the ship. That was enough excitement? What? "Fine," Ala said with a shrug, "suit yourself buck-oh."

Delightfully cantankerous little bucket of bolts.

In a moment, nay a blink of an eye, Ala was in the speeder and buckling into the back seat. "You two can sit in the front," she said with a grin as wide as a Nexu's.

Bro. She is pretty. She is nice. And, yeah yeah, I know she is just doing her job, but at least consider... Ala said through the Force to Caltin.

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Eight hundred and seventy years. Was that supposed to make her feel better, or make it seem more impressive? As someone versed in many forms of 'energy' Ra didn't find it as impressive as it was concerning. "Really? And in all that time you never had a chance to come home sooner?" A discrete way of asking just how the man and his companion survived that many years -- or how they managed to merrily skip so much time.

Thereafter the man's speeder was guided out of his ship by a small droid. Ra couldn't say she'd ever seen a speeder like it before. The bird-like doors had the tall woman lift an eyebrow in response. Different. Suppose it was useful if it were raining.

Both Caltin and Ala seemed intent on getting their droid to come along too. Well wouldn't be the first time Ra had seen people interact with their droid like it was a person. Could a droid be considered a person? Her fingers slowly opened and closed again in response to the thought. Well, anything was possible. Where did you draw the line? Anyway... people spoke to their hounds like they were people too, didn't mean they were. Not that she was complaining.

Ala then 'invited' Ra to take the front passenger seat. That was probably more surprising than anything. How should she take that? Caltin wasn't a terrible driver, was he? Though it would be easier to navigate from the front. That Ala might be trying to hook her up with Caltin hadn't crossed her mind -- they'd just met, and Ra scarcely knew what mischief Ala might contemplate.

"I've never seen one like it," she admitted. "Sleek. Looks fast." As she settled in, it seemed appropriate to inquire and compliment the man's ride. It was far from mass-produced. Must have cost a great deal. And this was going to be their first 'spin' in it?

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:

Yeah, that didn't come out as I had hoped.

Ever say something that you think will come off well and the moment you say it, are biting your lip? Caltin just did this, and like clockwork, he was put in his place, and justly so.

Deserved that.

A knowing smile showed(hopefully) that he did not mean the correction on years to come off as "boasting" as it did. This only went to show that even Masters can make mistakes. Getting into the driver's seat, Caltin was a little caught off guard by Ala's voice in his head, not because she was, but what she said. She meant well, but he was not looking for anyone, not right now anyway. Starting up the other systems, like the HUD, and the connections for Ra's datapad, as well as Ala's. She could project her voice, and her thoughts easily enough, but so could he. In fact, Caltin could project to his little sister an image she would recognize well, a smirk reserved just for her when she embarrassed him as only she could.

InsidiousDearestJenny-small.gif

~"Really? Now? I appreciate the thought, but I'm fine. I really am."~

She's one of a kind. He said, closing the doors and enabling the hover conversion to air speeder mode, and began to pull out. As they pulled out of the hangar, he pulled back on the controls to gain a little altitude, looking for some pathway he could convert back to a regular ride. He didn't want to be a bother to this woman, as things suddenly became awkward... THANKS, ALA!

Leave her alone.

As for fast? Let's find out. At ground level, a flip of a switch and the wheels engaged and they zoomed off at speed. As the hum of the engines provided a somewhat melodious background, the landmarks zoomed by.

ZhUyygm.png

Fine. If he wants to be like that...gah...

She nearly pouted. Nearly. Ala so longed for Caltin to have all the things he deserved. Home. Hearth. House full of kids...well...a couple. She could imagine his patience being tried with more than two. Perhaps it was wrong of her to plan out his entire future, but it was a flight of fancy she found herself quick to indulge.

Leaning back into her seat and her forehead to the window beside her. Ala set her mind to seeing all the things she could, and saying them...to herself...so that she could more easily recall them. She wasn't sure who she had to talk to about these things, but one day she would find a people to belong too.

Besides Caltin of course. He is always my people.

She settled in for the ride, and began noting each waterfall, sweeping balcony and grand fountain that passed by.

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Ra couldn't help but notice neither were being forthcoming about their age -- or likely the lack thereof. They were either ageless, or had skipped a few centuries. It was how they skipped those centuries that concerned her, and the lack of 'well, funny you should ask, but...' story only seemed to confirm her suspicions. Some thing, somewhere, at some time was going to reveal the unintended consequences of however they'd appeared in the 'modern' era.

Suppose that's what Ra did though. Deal with the consequences. Would be nice not to lose the other arm though.

"Really?" Her milky gaze turned toward Caltin as he prepared to take off. One of a kind? Did they have some outstanding stocks they cashed in on their miraculous return? Sounded expensive anyway. "Comfortable." Not every day she sat in some custom-made speeder.

For the most part Caltin probably knew the way, but every now and then Ra acted as the navigator to make sure the geography hadn't changed too much in all that time. Though, honestly, hearing they were eight hundred years 'late' made her wonder if the estate was still standing. Maybe. Naboo hadn't gotten a lot of development until recently. They liked their naturalistic setting so there weren't expansive cities or towering skyscrapers. Still quite a long time, but Ra didn't want to concern the pair with an unnecessary retraction of an earlier assumption. They could probably do with something familiar. She hoped it was there.

"If you don't mind me asking -- and not as the official I was filling in for -- what do you do? I get the feeling you've traveled together for some time. Must have a deep source of incoming with your own ship, droid, and this unique speeder." There were a few other attributes that sprang to mind suggesting a colorful backstory (even ignoring the purported age factor), but they hadn't brought it up so Ra saw no need to either.

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:

Well, Ala is a Jedi Knight. Me? I'm a big grump with a lightsaber.

That was more of a running joke between him and Ala, and his smirk should confirm it. The woman was clearly curious, about their backgrounds but she was not going to pry. He didn't want to play a "cat and mouse" game when it came to their backstory, but it seems that every time Caltin brings his own history up lately, it seems to blow up in his face, so there was little desire to continue playing that, in a manner of speaking. The drive brought back memories and gave him a chance to enter a few commands into the positioning system, he knew this route well, even after so long, with so much change.

As for the ride itself? I wanted something that would fit me and would be practical for what we do. I can carry my two Padawans with me, and Ala could have a party.

That last comment made him laugh, their size difference was pretty much legendary at this point. He didn't really know how to answer her question any other way than straight ahead... so...

Hang on...

Not turning as the road directed, but veering off into the grass and straight at the waterfall ahead, Caltin put his foot to the floor and accelerated. They needed a little more speed if they were going to make the jump without issue. "The Jump?" The speeder hit the mouth of the splash pool and was airborne just long enough to soar through the waterfall and into the tunnel that sat just behind it. It was one lane and looked to be just the way he and Arestul had left it when they dug it out that long weekend.

Anyway... my biological sister Tyria Vanagor-Angellus. She broke a trust fund that was set up for both of us, she ran away when she was sixteen, in order to have money to live on. I never knew we had one, let alone that she broke it. Anyway, she told me about this years later when she was married with kids, and that she had open a bank account for me and put back in all of the money she took out. Well, I was a Jedi. I never needed it, so I rarely touched it. Well, eight hundred sixty years later, Ala and I have more money and we would ever need, and we don't need much, to begin with.

No, he did not tell Ala about this, so it would probably come as a surprise to her, but she was family... so why not, right? A couple of long silent moments later, the light at the end of the tunnel came and they were through it.

Yep... there it is.

"The Estate" was within eyesight.

7BHELVBPHFCSBOHCC7YIRS4FBU.jpg

As ridiculously enormous as ever.

ZhUyygm.png

Waterfall.

Bungalow.

Thingy-whatsit.

OOOH, a...a...yup one of them things...

She could not keep up with the number of awe inspiring things she saw as the speeder zoomed through Naboo's pastoral terrain. Before she realized that it was cool, and it was a thing, it was gone and the next cool thing was there to see and not be named. Yes, she thought a bungalow was cool. It was such a big house. Bigger than she had ever lived in, besides temples of course.

Ala was too busy saying what she saw to hear much of what Caltin or Ra were saying. Until a little while after, "Hang on..."

"Hang on, why?" She said, finally catching up with the fact that she was supposed to be a part of the conversation as well. Her eyebrows shot to the roof as she saw the waterfall approaching. The jump was already taking place, when she yelled, "CALTIN LOOK OUT!"

But the...didn't hit anything...instead they went straight through a cave? Ala glanced behind them and then back to Caltin. She slapped his shoulder and muttered something about 'not again'.

The story that Caltin was telling kinda washed over her as she just stared at him, mouth agape. He had taken care of her again? Her face was a glow with an expression that could only be described with the sound that was coming out of her mouth, "Awwwwww." She was extremely grateful that he had the money to pay for the chargers she accidentally had credited to his name while on Onderon.

Then they pulled up to the 'house'.

"Flying fragnabbits," she said breathlessly, "why...did you ever leave this place?"

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
Jedi? Caltin seemed to answer her questions with just enough information to solicit more questions. Ra wondered if that was deliberate to get a rise out of her, or if he was trying to avoid answering the question. Well, she wasn't there to interrogate them. If he felt like sharing more about himself he would. On that note, the man soon noted that Ala was a Knight, and that he had two Padawan. See, already he'd indirectly claimed to be a Knight or Master -- and the latter was a stronger possibility in Ra's mind. Not that it really said more than she already knew, but it was something more than she had a second ago.

"Hang on?" Suddenly the ground-based vehicle took a turn off the beaten path. Ra's hand reached for the door handle to 'hold on.' This entire experience was nothing like a hover vehicle or speeder. There was something very visceral about it. You could feel the road -- or the lack of it -- almost like the car was about to fall apart all around them and send them straight into the ground. But Caltin was in control of the chaos and... Then they were airborne with their path straight at the curtain of a waterfall. Ala did the honor of telling the man he'd lost his marbles.

Ra exhaled and turned a flat expression in Caltin's direction as the man started talking like nothing had happened. From the sound of Ala's mutter this wasn't the first time, and the other woman had suffered it far more often.

"That... sounds like you could do whatever you want. I imagine Jedi don't often need to worry about food and clothing, but you both seem a little more 'free spirited.' Credits allow you to go wherever you want or need to go." Ra wasn't sure spending a ton of money on a fancy vehicle was a good idea, but it wasn't her money and she didn't think it'd be appropriate to ask how much. Maybe it was more than they could spend. Seemed odd a Jedi would buy a vehicle like this, but why would she complain for the galaxy? His money, his choice.

Soon enough they pulled up to the 'Estate' which Caltin had been eager to see once more. Ra simply started as the two remarked in stereo about its grandeur.

"I cannot imagine how many credits you have." An Estate like that with a bank account to match left accumulating value over eight centuries. Sure there'd been some major financial downturns over time, but unless they'd invested in only poor choices they probably broke even. And even that much would still be enough to live off of. "It is... beautiful, Caltin. With its own waterfall entrance. You enjoyed that didn't you?"

Tag:
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Ala Quin Ala Quin

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag:

We don't need the credits, neither of us does. The thing is...

He didn't go into crazy detail about their backstory, one might say their "bio threads" but the gist that they were both of the more prolific Jedi Order, approx- 30 ABY, and how he was frozen in ice, how she was in captured and in stasis in an Imperial vessel. Again, not to play "cat and mouse" or to brag about their pasts, but Ra was clearly getting annoyed so she deserved to know more.

... yeah, we've both been through a lot and frankly, neither of us has anything to prove to anyone. When you get to know her, you'll see that Ala represents everything good about what being a Jedi is about. I know it's not for everyone, but she is... she's inspiring. Me? Well... she's the main reason I'm still one. She keeps me grounded.

It was true. Caltin would have "lost it" several times if she wasn't around. Sure, he was always rescuing her, but it gave him purpose. She gave him purpose.

I've always had my own ship, but this speeder? This was just something extra.

The house... the color was different, but yeah... it's still the same. Big and ostentatious. He just shook his head as he looked at it. Was family still there? Was there a new owner? Should they approach, or just sit out here and look at it all creepy?

Could we approach the place? See if someone is home?

I guess that settles that.

(OOC: See you in ten days!)

ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:
As Caltin spoke, Ala could feel her cheeks growing redder and redder. She didn't much care for the way he spoke like this. She was just Ala. Shifting awkwardly in her seat, she wanted to reach out and hold a hand to Caltin's mouth. Instead, she just let out a series of huffs and puffs of air that would indicate her feelings about Caltin's hyperbole.

She did catch the part about 'both of us not having to worry about credits'. And that bounced around her head for a while, was he saying...wait...

"You are being a bit over the top there, Cal'" she muttered and then added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom