Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flight of the Valkyrie ((One Sith and interested Pilot allies))

Objectives:
1. Reporting for duty.
2. Meet the other members of the Fleet.
3. Get some Flight training in.
Ship: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31252-ki-es-mki-aka-the-axe-wing/#entry439541

Flight Sergeant Thanith Gumara flew in a squadron of Axe Wing Fighters. It was an upgrade of sorts from the Bombers he had technically stolen for the Atrisia assault. Much to his surprise when he returned not only was he not arrested but actually rewarded for not dying be receiving not only a squadron assignment but a Fleet assignment as well. As he popped out of Hyperspace in Balmorrian space Thanith hit the frequency for The Tormentor the Flagship of the Hellhammer War Fleet.

"Tormentor this is Valkyrie Squadron requesting permission to Dock."

Thanith's happiness was measured however. He had lost too many good pilots in Atrisia. Instead of a full 12 ship squadron he was down to 7 including himself. They were good pilots, good men and women who had followed him into battle and paid the ultimate price. It was a sacrifice he would not forget.

[member="Thanith Gumara"]

War Fleet Hellhammer, one of the two large sector war fleets under the purview of sector administrator and Imperial Warlord of the Navy Darth Hauntruss commanded, had been conducting probing missions into Republic naval space for some time. Hauntruss was watching the proceedings from the bridge of her personal star destroyer, The Tormentor.

Turning to Admiral Tharsis, the war fleet admiral of Hellhammer, Hauntruss grinned and hissed, "The new fighter sqaudron appears most impressive Admiral." Tharsis, with his long lean coruscanti gaze glared down at the fighters moving to dock after patrol run, "Indeed your excellency. They are well trained. I am told they are under the supervision of a Sergeant [member="Thanith Gumara"]." Hauntruss rested her arms in a fold across her chest. "Fascinating." Hauntruss inquired. "Have him and his squadron pilots report to the bridge. I wish to impart some....inspiration for our forthcoming campaigns against the Republic Naval forces."

Tharsis bowed and turned to a communications officer below in the navigation pits, "Contact Sergeant Gumara, he and his squadron are to report to the bridge under strict request of her excellency." The CO saluted and contacted the busy Flight Sgt. "Valkyrie Sqaudron to Bridge."

[OOC: Sorry work has been busy. I'll try and post as I can]

Thanith docked with the Tormentor when given permission to do so. Thanith was the first one to touch down going through his post flight checks. He waited until each of the other 6 pilots finished their checks and climbed down.

He smiled to each one of them giving them an approving nod.

"Ok guys we have got a few minutes before we have to report in." "Go get cleaned up and be..........................."

He words were interrupted as the ship wide intercom broadcast ordered them all to the bridge. He listened to it for a minute before he turned to the men.

"Well belay that." "Let's go our report time as been moved up."

He gave them a quick minute to smooth out their flight suits before they headed to the turbolift and the bridge. They made good time as Thanith knew better than to kepe the Admiral waiting. As soon as the doors to the bridge opened Thanith took five steps in the remaining 6 surviving members of Valkyrie squadron forming a line behind him. They snapped to attention as did Thanith. Popping a salute Thanith spoke.

"Admiral, Flight Sergeant Thanith Gumara............Valkyrie Squadron reporting as ordered."

Thanith knew they were more than a few pilots short of a full squadron. He was prepared to explain the why and how should he be asked.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

[member="Thanith Gumara"]

Hauntruss listened to the Sergeant's salute. Not turning to face him she addressed the pilot. "Good." Hauntruss hissed, "Sergeant, in your frank opinion, what do you think of the Sith Fleet?" As the question fell upon the group, Admiral Tharsis locked his eyes on the group scanning each of them with cold blue eyes. Hauntruss maybe engaging in a philosophical whimsy but Tharsis as Fleet Admiral of War Fleet Hellhammer, would respond to the answer in the strictest of analysis.

Hauntruss spun about and her golden sith eyes beamed into Thanith's, "The winds of war are blowing sergeant and a great storm is coming. I want to know what my subordinates think of this war machine before I unleash it."

Thanith heard the familiar voice of [member="Darth Hauntruss"] and knew he was royally screwed. Even if he had any doubts of the predicament he was in the cold stare of the Admiral confirmed it. He took a minute before he spoke. Only the first thing he said was not directed at Hauntruss or the Admiral but the members of Valkyrie.

"Valkyrie dismissed." "Go get some chow."

Every last member of Valkyrie took a step back and turned leaving except for one. Valkyrie 6 waited at the door. Thanith didn't turn around.

"Go on Corporal." "Valkyrie is going to need a leader they can trust."

As soon as the man left Thanith spoke to Hauntruss.

"Lady Hauntruss do you remember when we met on Corsucant?" "I asked you a very specific question that has yet to be answered."

Thanith reached into his pocket and pulled out a sheet with 5 names on it. He held onto it for a moment.

"Fleet Lady Hauntruss?" "Oh I am not stupid." "I know you want me to stroke your ego and the Admiral here just wants me to stay quiet and say yes ma'am and no ma'am." "Unfortunately for me that I can't do." "You want me to speak frankly Lady Hauntruss then frankly I will speak."

Thanith paused.

"I sat forever waiting on your so called Fleet to assign me to a Squadron." "It never happened." "When the call came to conquer Atrisia I still had no assignment." "I found 11 other pilots in the same predicament I was in." "I only found 11 because I stopped looking after 11." "I had to steal ships to get to the battle." "The worst part................nobody noticed they were gone, nobody noticed a dozen pilots went AWOL."

Thanith sighed.

"So there we were fighting for our lives ridiculously out numbered." "When I requested support not a single pilot answered the call." "Your war machine left us to die."

Thanith took a step forward laying the list of names on the table near him.

"I lost 5 good pilots who wanted nothing more than to serve the Navy with honor." "There is your War machine Lady Hauntruss." The memory of dead pilots betrayed by the Navy they so desperately wanted to serve."

Thanith closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

"You can toss me in jail, you can execute me." "But I will not have another Atrisia on my conscience just to contribute to Sith delusions of grandeur or toe the party line so some Admiral can earn another commendation from a defunct command structure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom