Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Flesh and iron [Taji Nelson]

Xerek nodded as his frustration began to dissipate. Even still the telemarketer was still trying to call. He handed her the comm after a comment, she smiled and took it stepping aside, "I'll be back. You stay here." she said stepping out of the room. Then cracking her neck and answering it, she tried to see if she could make a deal to meet in person. Come up with a story of essentially giving into the calls and just wanting to get them done by having a proper talk about what she was buying before she actually did it. Just to 'make her feel better'

Of course, it was all a bunch of poodoo. But she certainly made herself sound stressed and desperate enough for it to be believable. She was used to lying of course. Though, it had been a long time since she'd done it...well with real vocal cords.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
The telemarketer, a Martin Conell answered the phone. "Alright, I'll meet you on Naboo." He said, as he looked over at her from the holo screen of the comm device he was using. He was unaware that she was lying to him in order to meet with him for a different purpose. "So, why did you call me a Karking Devil last night?" He asked, as he was confused. "And who were you trying to get to sleep?"

Xerek nodded as he said Naboo, then asked about who she was putting to sleep yesterday. Of course she wasn't going to tell the truth, instead coming up with a story quickly, "A four year old and that's reason enough do you have any idea how long that takes?" she said frustratingly.

As long as she had the time and location put down she'd be happy to get this call over with and shut it off before coming back to hand Taji Nelson the communicator.
"Looks like I'll be heading on a short trip to Naboo soon. Don't worry about it, I'll be sure to get in touch with you along the way and it won't take too long...maybe two weeks total-ish. In the mean time, we need to set you up a droid or AI system cause you need to not be getting those types of calls at all when running a company. That's just not a good plan."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji looked at her for a moment. "Going to hurt the caller?" He asked, as he looked at her for a moment. "Or not?" He asked, as he looked at her. "I'd prefer you not murder them." He stated, as he looked at her. "After all, I am not a psychopath nor a murderer and do not murder anyone for spiting me no matter how many times. Murder is the easy way." said Taji, as he looked at her. He then asked her. "So, how do we do this?"

Xerek ran her tongue along her cheek as he inquired at if she was going to hurt them or not. She hadn't completely decided. But he mentioned that he didn't want her to murder them. And calling murder the easy way. He wasn't entirely wrong, long as you got away with it. She cocked her head at his final question, "How do we do what?" she asked, "How do we work? Communicate?"

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"Make a communication system that the individuals can't," His phone buzzed with another spam call directed from Naboo. This time around the individual was attempting to sell him a bridge on Naboo that was in bad repair. It was also an object that Taji genuinely had no use of whatsoever. Therefore, it was something he couldn't use / had no use for whatsoever. "Do that to," He hissed in rage as he looked at her. All his tension and anger was back at the same moment as the telemarketer had called once more.

Xerek cocked her head as he answered the question, sort of. But she wasn't exactly the scientist here so she'd leave that to him for now. Another call, she looked at it and he asked her to take it. She nodded and took the device out of the room, "I have a more entertaining method for this."

She cancelled the call. Then immediately called back, then cancelled it, then called again, repeating the process over and over almost nine times while chuckling to herself. When she did speak she spoke in Huttese rather than Basic, but used completely words for about two seconds before cancelling the call, and calling back before cancelling again. "Sometimes it's just more amusing to screw with them. And you really need a receptionist droid."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji yawned once more because he was still exhausted. He then asked her after she played with the phone. "Do you think they will call me again?" He asked as he looked at her for a moment. He asked her. "So, what do you have planned for the scum who keeps calling me at inopportune times?" He asked as he looked at her for a moment. He wished the phone calls were going to cease because he needed a break from the calls if he was to be honest. The calls were annoying enough on their own. Yet, he had hoped the calls weren't going to be as annoying. He was waiting to see what her actions or reply would be. "And yes, I'll need to get my hands on a Receptionist Droid to handle the situation. Would you mind if I made a clone of you to help out while you are headed on the way to Naboo?" He asked, as he looked at her.

He was hoping she wouldn't hurt the individual as he wasn't that kind of vindictive.

Xerek shrugged in regards to the calling again, "Hard to say. Some people are morons. So just...stop answering calls that you don't know about. No need to listen to them. Toss your comm in another room when you sleep." she said. She simply smiled as he asked about what she was going to do with the 'scum' "I'll figure that out when I get there. But at least there should be one who won't be calling you still." she answered. There were ideas. Sure, killing him was one, but she'd try to avoid that given who she was working for.

She looked at him more confused because of his question about a clone of her,
"Careful what paths you tread. Slavery is an easy slope with cloning. I may not be the greatest person around, but that is something that, for the sake of another, I have no intention of doing. But it's your technology not mine. I was literally just a brain in a droid body."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"I won't be making a clone, as I'm not a slaver." Taji decided as he looked at her for a moment. "So Xerek, did you enjoy the gift I gave you of the new body?" He asked, as he looked at her for a moment. "Really you've given me something equally priceless - sleep. Sleep I've been unable to have in who knows how long...." Taji admitted, as he looked at her for a moment.

Xerek cocked her head and smiled as he asked about the gift again, "I definitely told you I did. There's nothing better than finally having real life again." she said quiet certainly. Then watched him as he mentioned how much he appreciated that she'd given him good sleep. That was indeed a valuable thing. She knew that herself, it was only a partial sleep when stuck inside a droid body. But in time she'd learned to get used to at least that part.

Still, she believed that being free was definitely worth more. Not that she could know.
"I'm glad to have helped. There are so many things taken for granted. When they're finally returned, sometimes we realize just how good they really are." she responded honestly.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji looked at her for a moment. He then asked her. "Could you sing me to sleep again / make me rest again?" He asked, as he looked at her for a moment. He just needed to rest, and relax. After all, he'd not had any relaxation in so long that it was a crime to relax. After all, Taji needed to relax and have a few moments of pure peace and relaxation. How would she get him to rest before she headed out, though?

Xerek smiled at him as he asked for help to sleep again. She nodded, "Alright, lay down." she said softly. Already again attempting to push his mind towards peace and rest, she held out a hand, meaning to softly take him to have him lay down in the bed. As she sung, the words belonged to an Alderaanian song about a noble who's pride led him to self destruction, but in his destruction, realized how little his riches had meant.

The story would go on, he returned to glory, but no longer desired it. And yet, the more he gave, the more he somehow came to get. Until the moment he gave even his life, but the song didn't end. Because all that he gave, after death, was returned to him tenfold. It was not a song Xerek necessarily believed. It was merely a lullaby. Another group of words that alone meant little to her, but when set to a tune could move the mind.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Xerek Xerek

As her influence spread into his mind once he laid down, the phone rang. It was the person he absolutely despised breathing right now. Namely, a guy he wanted to blast with a lethal fire-arm, Martin Connell. Why was the guy his least favorite? The guy continued to spam him with unwanted telemarketing and it was driving Taji insane as he rarely got a chance to rest at all. Due to this, he needed help from Xerek. How would she get Taji to keep resting so he could recover from his tendency to over work himself in the lab, though?

The lullaby was working and lulling him to sleep. Yet, if the call continued he would not sleep well.

Xerek winced as she heard the device ring again, she moved quickly, still singing, immediately shutting the device off. She did the same for any other communication device she found. She had no intention of any of them potentially going off. Taji might invent well, but he didn't seem to be very good at knowing how to properly utilize communicators to avoid stuff like this.

And she planned to leave them off for quite awhile. Whoever he needed to talk to could wait.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
When Xerek arrived on Naboo, Martin was waiting and looking for her. He wasn't sure who the visitor was or why she wanted to visit him. He did know he was going to try to spam call whoever she was protecting. After all he was certain that it wasn't a 4 year old she was protecting, given the repeated calls had an older sounding voice on the other end. He hadn't appreciated the Huttese, and other efforts to ruin his day. So he was going to get revenge.

Xerek Xerek

Xerek had been practicing on the ship, testing her abilities in the force, and her body. And when she arrived, she carried no weapons. She wore no armor. She wore only a set of clothes. And she began to reach, her mind began to touch minds, reading their thoughts. Searching for the man before she'd ever see him where they were meant to meet.

Eventually she would see him. And she was going to make him fear calling Taji ever again. But right now, she put on an effortless smile, and gave a wave.
Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Martin Connell was where he had promised to meet her, but he wasn't alone. He had two wookies, and about 15 Storm Troopers with him. The Wookies were armed with bow casters, and the 15 Stormtroopers were armed with their typical blasters. "So, who are you anyway?" asked Martin, not giving his men the order to open fire at her, or cut her to ribbons just yet. After all, he was going to let her plead her case. "And why did you call me in Huttese from a number that I am absolutely 100% certain does not belong to you?"

Step one was to try and be intimidating. Well, he was trying anyway.

Xerek Xerek

She chuckled at the wookies and the stormtroopers. The pheromones began escaping, calming and alluring, not just to humanoid species. And since she appeared much more human than Zeltron, there would be little suspicion of such a thing. His intimidation wasn't working, she stepped closer, and closer. "Well I've got to take care of an employer don't I?" she asked cocking her head. There was more than just pheremones at work. Her mind was working it's way, extremely subtly, into those of every trooper, every wookiee, he had. Reading thoughts and pushing them towards calm. A calm they wouldn't want to disturb by opening fire.

"But really, you wouldn't have them shoot me would you?" she inquired furrowing her brow, "In fact, I know you wouldn't. Because you'd be caught. But it's more than that, do you really want to?"

Another few steps closer, she wanted him to see her. The face, the body. Take advantage of the allure that Taji had given her. "There's usually more than one reason for people to do things. Am I any different?"

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
The pheromones began to take effect on all of them as did her telepathy. His men were calmed down, and if she was using them on him, so too was he. Her question about did he really want to made him lower his hand, the signal to not fire. His men lowered their weapons for the time being. She was right, he would be caught if he had them open fire at present. "... So wait. He hired you?" asked Martin, confused. Why had someone like Taji hired a beautiful bombshell like her? He didn't know the answer and he didn't like being confused. "Who are you anyway?" He asked, as he looked at her. He was gawking at her body that Taji had given her, and staring right at her face. He was distracted at present.

His intimidation tactics clearly weren't working on her obviously. How was she resisting being scared?

Xerek Xerek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom