Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Flesh and iron [Taji Nelson]

She let out a sigh of relief at the question of if it made her happy, her hands moving over the face, hair, and arms as she could finally have the sensation of feeling again. He mentioned it being just a placeholder, but in all honesty this was enough for her. Better was fine, but this was such a relief. She chuckled at the mention of the X-1 being a piece of junk, "For living conditions? Yes. But I made most droids or people look like dirt when using it. So let's keep it around just in case some kind of advanced droid is needed."

Ah, the sound of a natural voice, the feel of it even. Had a sensation. Such a simple thing. She was pretty sure she missed it only because she didn't have it. She looked up as he mentioned first test, now running her hands down her back. He asked about if she knew how to use the pheremones of a zeltron, she bit her lip in thought, "I know telepathy, and how to influence people with that. From what I know of zeltrons, it's not optional to use their pheremones. But that they can just...strengthen them beyond and back to normal at certain times. Which is why they're always considered extra attractive. I could be wrong though. I was kind of immune to anything picked up by the body for decades."

"Ah, the feeling of life again."
she said, for now, still easily distracted as tested the feeling of just about anything that she knew wouldn't pose any risk of damaging.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji looked dead on his feet as he had been working himself to the bone - not just on making the cloning technology that had liberated her. But on many other projects as well. Should he not rest soon he simply would collapse and that wouldn't be good for anyone. He sighed. "Back to work then." He said pulling out a rifle and beginning to tinker with it. Really her employer needed to be made to rest before he did some lasting harm to himself or turned a rifle into a bomb due to sleep deprivation and over-dosing on caffeine. And yes, he'd over dose on caffeine more likely than not if he wasn't careful.
Xerek Xerek

Taji Nelson

She could sense his presence in the force too, that was another thing that had been lost. Much of her abilities had really, now, they had returned, strong. And she also felt...tired, but not from her. From him. While her body was fresh and new, created so recently and given to a mind that had been so eagerly awaiting it, his body had become overworked even at his age. From far too little time spent relaxed.

"Wait." she said, ah, smooth gentle voice. Much different when heard with ears that were not purely functional, "I can feel your exhaustion. You need to stop. If not for the sake of your own health, for the sake of your work. A tired body takes far longer to do the job of a ready one. And is far more likely to involve injury."

Xerek stepped forwards, putting a hand on his shoulder, and had to stop herself from instantly just feeling such a simple sensation. "Rest. You can work when you are rested." she tried to match her eyes to his if he looked at her.

Taji Nelson

T
"But there's so much I've got to get done," said Taji, protesting as her soothing gentle voice washed over him along with the pheromones that the Zeltrons naturally generated. These made him look at her for a moment. "I've got to develop at least 30 different non lethal weapons in order to sell to the general public. Not to mention finding a way to take down individuals who are monsters, force based or otherwise. And to recruit more individuals to work for Nelson Prototyping, upgrade our Holonet Storefront so it looks fancier, and more professional." He started. "And that's even discounting my attempts to build a working matter transporter that's hand held that have been completely unsuccessful at present." He stated, as he looked at her.

"Not to mention the Food Synthesizer I've got to invent, the Crystal Synthesizer I've got to invent, and all the other things I need to invent." He said as he looked at her. He was staring right into her eyes, at present.

He gave his reasons for having to stay awake. Non lethal weapons? Not as easy for her. He probably knew that considerably better than she did. She considered the excuses he gave for staying awake, some of them would be pretty much impossible for her right now. Matter transporter, non lethal weapons, and those last two things were probably completely lost in her use. Still she kept her eyes on his, completely unaware yet of the pheremone use. Instinctive, a built in part of his genius clone engineering.

"You have another task on that list," She put her other hand on his other shoulder so she had them both, "Rest. Let me work on the recruiting and the holonet for now, I worked with someone before during recruitment processes of much less savory individuals and was there for most of his preparations. I'll leave the final say to you. But for now..."

She paused, gripping his shoulders for a moment, and repeating slightly more forcefully but not aggressively, "You need to sleep."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
The pressure of her hands on the shoulder, and her proximity made him just breathe in the phermones. His tension, and dare he say it, his strength disappeared with her grip on his shoulders. He yawned. "But I'm not tired," He weakly protested, as he looked at her for a moment. He was trying to avoid sleeping because partly - bad dreams. Bad dreams of the time he'd been in the maximum security prison of Corpos on Denon. Dreams he had no desire to ever see or even think about again in the future. Dreams he would happily pay someone to erase from his memories and stop him from having again. Taji asked her. "How does one sleep?" She could see numerous coffee cups made out of styrofoam or a similar material all over the floor. He really was a menace to himself when it came to gorging on large amounts of coffee.....

Xerek Xerek

He tried to protest again...after yawning. Even if she couldn't feel the exhaustion that was a pretty obvious sign. However, she maintained her hands. Then he asked how to sleep. She frowned, breathing in and out, again a feeling she enjoyed. Just being alive. She glanced around seeing just how much time he'd probably lost this way. She ran her tongue across the inside of her cheek. And looked around, trying to find something for him to sleep on. There was a bed...looked pretty bad for proper sleep but it'd do for now. She tried to maneuver him over there, "If you let me, I can help."

She said, as long as he didn't resist or refuse, she would attempt to reach to his mind. Remembering the way she could once put people into a trance. Sleep was only slightly different from that. She wanted to do it more gently than forcefully. Pushing and nudging his mind towards sleep, like one would nudge a child into a room. Her words came out quiet and soft, "Close your eyes. No need to think, or work. Just need to feel breathing, feel your mind relaxing into calm and serenity. Into sleep."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji simply let himself drift off onto the cot, his eyes closing due to her influence. Finally he was asleep. Of course at that moment, his phone, his comm device still on his arm would blare out. If it wasn't silenced, he'd be woken up and her efforts to get him to sleep would be for naught. It was his brother Ezra calling him.
:: Permission to deploy Horror on the planet Denon?:: asked Ezra.
After this went straight to voice mail, telemarketers would begin to plague Taji with countless robo and spam calls that would likely deprive him of even more sleep if they weren't stopped from pestering him. Really, though as he dreamed it was nightmares. Nightmares of him getting beaten. Nightmares of him being put in cages....

Just as she managed to get him to start to drift to sleep things started to go wrong. Alerts and things that really needed to wait. She swiftly worked with one hand to remove it and take it out of the room. Setting it somewhere safe but where it wouldn't be loud enough to bother him, she answered the first telemarketer, hearing them blabber about something. Her words came out viciously but quiet enough so she wouldn't disturb Taji, "Listen here you little karking devil. I'm trying to get someone to sleep here so your next call better have some real good offer now buzz off."

She came back into the room to feel fear and pain. His own dreams plaguing him. Boy this guy had problems. She came over, scootching a stool beside the "bed" and putting a hand on his head, seeking to feel the dreams. And then, to turn them. To take the fear and pull at it like a mis-managed string, and to instead replace it with calm. Glee and joy were not the opposites of anger or fear. During ones waking hours, they may sometimes be remedies. But in sleep, it was best to put them into a state of calm. And then, after that, if you could give them joy. Then ok. But first, take out that fear and pain. Let him rest.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
As Taji finally got the sleep his body oh so desperately was in the need of with pleasant dreams from her, he was at peace. She could see now that he was enjoying the rest she was giving him. Even without joy, he needed the sleep she had provided as well, his current exhaustion. When he woke the next morning and felt renewed and revitalized, he asked her. "Did you know that sleep was the best I've had in.... well, I've not really got any frame of reference to go by on the when it is?" He asked, as he looked at her. She'd given him sleep.

Xerek spent her time trying to do what she said she'd do. Though also adding onto that ordering a proper bed for him on her credits. By the time he'd woken up, she was sitting scrolling over her attempt at a 'professional' looking storefront for the holonet. It still required work but it wasn't awful.

She glanced over as she sensed him wake up. Boy that was a weird feeling, she was just so aware of everything. Even the clothes she was wearing. Everything was clear and precise but not overwhelming. She smiled as he mentioned it was the best sleep he'd had in awhile, apparently he also hadn't had one in far longer than a human should go. "You had nightmares. I tried to calm them down for you. Did what I said I would, at least as much as I could. Have some potential recruits in the datapad. And options for the storefront. You gave me a body, freedom from a body of duraplast, however powerful it may have been. I'm pretty sure one nights proper sleep is a pretty minuscule thing compared to that."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"Sadly all the telemarketers will only ruin my attempts at sleep later. So what was your name?" He asked thos as he looked at her. She had done him a true kindness. She may not be aware but the sleep kept him sane. He had needed it. "Could you sing to me some?"

He mentioned the telemarketers ruining his sleep again. She'd have to remedy that. Perhaps an automated response system. Or she could set up a line designed so that anybody who called would have to pay for calling, they'd figure out soon enough not to call after that. She raised her eyebrows as he asked her name, "Oh...Xerek Ortho. Sometimes had to use a fake, you know. People get suspicious when you keep showing up."

Then there came a bit of a chuckle as he asked her to sing, "Ah! Can't say I've done that in awhile. Oh it's been so long. I...can try but no promises." she tried to hum to herself first, to remember the tune, then testing out the noises. For the droid body that would be no issue, it wouldn't be as smooth, but the notes would always be exactly what they were supposed to be. Eventually she started to sing, it wasn't a song sung in basic, but rather a Twi'leki one she'd gotten used to hearing from those weird in between establishments that were not a cantina but weren't high class either. It wasn't a perfect replication, but the voice was still there. And she certainly looked happy doing it.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"Pleased to meet you, Xerek." said Taji, as he looked at her for a moment. He was indeed pleased to meet her given what she had given him the last night. Sleep when you were like him was a rare thing indeed. It was something truly wonderful when he'd been able to get his 8 hours in without any form of interruption whatsoever, at least he thought so anyway.

The singing washed over him like a warm blanket as he swayed back and forth to the tune of the music. "Your music is wonderful," He confessed as he looked again at her. "It certainly is soothing. A shame I've got to get back to work today on all the projects I'm behind on including...." He growled as his second comm device rang. It was yet another telemarketer that was calling him. This one was calling to sell him the equivalent to the Brooklyn Bridge or a similar useless structure that Taji didn't need. In other words, stupidity that he shouldn't have to fool with. Taji hadn't even had breakfast before a telemarketer had started the harassment he was suffering as of yet.

Xerek Xerek

Xerek smiled in response to the compliment to the music. He mentioned still being behind on projects and then the comm device rang...again. She held out her hand, "Ok that's quite enough of that. We need to set it up so that the people who try and contact you have to pay to get through. Just give those you want the way to contact you without paying."

She stood up stretching her back, "Oh, I put the other one up here." she said walking out, grabbing the device and bringing it back, "You can't waste time on them so they need to start paying for these types of thing. You know there are really cheap droids for this right? You seem smart, obviously. But I think you could work on your efficiency. Like I said, I used to help someone out for awhile. It wasn't like this, exactly. But I think I still have a little bit of an idea how to handle some bull like that. It's just usually they're within striking distance."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
The kindness she was showing him was something he'd never expected. Was it really just gratitude for simply liberating her from the droid shell she had been stuck in? Or did she want something from him that he was unaware of? Taji was unsure about that, to be honest. Taji then took the device from her. "You know, since you're my employee I should give you one of all my innovations to play around with." He said, as he looked at her. "You might need them in the future including the one lethal weapon I have produced. " He then went to a locked cabinet. After a retina scan, fingerprint scan, saliva scan, he pulled out a rifle and offered it to her. "The one lethal weapon in the arsenal of Nelson Prototyping." He said, as he gave it to her. "Use it well, use it wisely."

Xerek was never particularly unfriendly. Then again, that was only really useful some of the time. And right now she was feeling an almost constant happy or at least an almost 'bright' feeling. It definitely made getting along a good bit easier.

He mentioned something about more innovations, going and getting something out of a cabinet that was apparently the only actually deadly weapon he'd made...after some considerably work getting the thing actually opened. She took the weapon carefully noting his last words, running her hands down the weapon and looking it over with a slight smile, "You're pretty peculiar huh?" she prompted jokingly, before giving him a proper nod, "Thanks, I'll take good care with it."

She set it down after making sure it wasn't going to risk any kind of accidental firing. "How'd you end up doing this sort of stuff anyway? Most people don't get this far, let alone at this age...assuming you are the age you look."
Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"Invented it all myself, with the aid of my brothers." said Taji, as he looked at her. "Then mass marketed it to the galaxy at large. Why do you ask?" He asked as he looked at her once more. He laughed at her pretty peculiar remark. When he got another telemarketer's call on his phone, Taji's body tensed. His eyes narrowed as he started shaking with absolute rage and loathing for the telemarketer that he wanted nothing better than to take the rifle to the head of and shoot as he wanted peace and quiet so he could talk with her uninterrupted. "Can you use your ability you did last night in order to calm me down before I track down that telemarketer, and empty three shots of the rifle into his head?" Taji asked her. He wasn't joking. He was that tired of the unwanted calls from the individual(s) that kept bothering him.

Xerek Xerek

With the aid of brothers and mass marketing. She made a clicking noise with her tongue, wasn't quite the question she meant but that was fine. There was another ringing and she felt him tense up and ask for her to calm him down again. She let out a sigh and a resigned smile, walking over to him and placing one hand on the side of his head gently.

She reached out with her mind and, instinctively more than intentionally, though she noticed a change of some kind, with the abilities of a zeltrons more calming influence. She attempted to sooth his emotions back down again, "It's ok. We'll take care of it. Focus just on me, the ringing, doesn't matter. The calls. Doesn't matter. Just look at my eyes. Everything can be alright." she said softly. On its own, telepathy of the anzat was powerful, and on their own the pheremones/empathy of a zeltron were powerful, when combined and then added on soft words and movements, well she figured that made for a pretty strong influence.

Still, she recognized it would take more than just a few calming moments to fix his problem. She promised to work for him. The last person she worked with had also been one who saved her from a worse body, from that old and rusted form to that of the X-1. Now she was finally organic. As far as she was concerned, she owed this one at least the same gratitude. And that included being a friend.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
He looked into her eyes, and just leaned into her touch. The tension of his body melted away, as he just was soothed. Every bit of tension he had, and every bit of hatred he had been feeling dissipated as he just leaned against her hand. Her soft words and influence had worked. Of course the psychological irritation caused by the phone was not helping matters in the slightest. Yet again, it buzzed. This time the individual was trying to sell him the equivalent to the Brooklyn Bridge. Taji's eyes narrowed a bit at that, as he didn't want to buy something so utterly useless. "Thank you for helping, but I may need it again." He admitted, as he handed her his phone like she had wanted. He wasn't sure why she had wanted the comm device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom